Help us Share the Magic of Mamma Chia!
Mamma Chia’s mission is to share the magic of chia and lead in its renaissance. We are dedicated to offering the highest quality organic chia-based foods and beverages that provide vitality, energy and strength. Mamma Chia is a conscious and sustainable company that honors and uplifts both the soul of humanity and the soul of the planet.
We are currently looking for hire a marketing manager who will be required to work from the corporate offices in Carlsbad, CA. If you love Mamma Chia, are inspired by our Mission, and are interested in joining our dynamic team please read on, and please apply by sending your resume and a cover letter to: Careers@MammaChia.com
With Joy & Gratitude,
The Mamma Chia Family
Mamma Chia, the original chia seed beverage and creator of the category, is looking for a dynamic, passionate, creative, and driven soul to join the Mamma Chia Family as a Marketing Manager. Mamma Chia is a true start-up, so you will be asked to wear many different hats, take initiative to get things done and exude a “can-do” attitude. If you are looking for an opportunity where you can jump in with both feet and be a part of something special, keep reading.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Exudes passion and lives as if the glass is always full. We are a committed family of passionate and fun-loving individuals that have a clear focus of making Mamma Chia a Beloved Global Brand. We want to make sure that those who join the Mamma Chia family have the same passion and drive to achieve our objectives and complement our treasured culture.
- Believes there is always a way. Despite adversity, fierce competition, and constant challenges, you are someone who always believes goals can be met and stretches to make the impossible, possible.
- Is a Team Player. Mamma Chia has built a culture of collaboration, as we believe no one person has all the answers and we rely on getting input, ideas, and suggestions on how we can improve from all members of the Mamma Chia family. You’ll be expected to bring your insights, thoughts, and recommendations to the table on a regular basis.
- Is Outgoing, Assertive, and a Self Starter. We provide our family members a lot of autonomy to get their job done which means we can only hire people that are comfortable with getting themselves out of bed in the morning, looking themselves in the mirror, and telling themselves that they are going to make it happen today! Since there will not someone looking over your shoulder every minute, you need to be comfortable in owning your schedule and meeting the expectations of the job day-in and day-out. Of course, you will have support and supervision, but you will be responsible for balancing priorities and meeting objectives.
What you’ll do all day:
- Passionately and Strategically Manage the Mamma Chia Brand. You will be responsible for growing the Mamma Chia brand as we expand into more and more mainstream retailers, launch new products and expand into new countries. You will be responsible for positioning the brand across all these areas in consistent and powerful ways that connect with souls of all ages. You will be the voice of the brand, so you will need to have excellent writing skills to articulate the voice of Mamma Chia in all marketing, sales and press materials.
- Engage with our Mamma Chia Community via Social Media. You will be solely responsible for managing and growing our key social media properties (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest) as well as exploring new platforms. Growing a brand through social media is very different from being a Facebook junkie with your friends, and it will be your job to figure out how to best do that. You will need to create the imagery, craft the messaging, schedule the timing, and respond to our community for all social media activity. You will need to be proficient in Photoshop and/or Illustrator, and to quickly grasp and embody the Mamma Chia style of communication and engagement on these platforms. You will be responsible for creating programs, contests, and other meaningful ways of growing our online communities through genuine engagement. You will also be responsible for updating and expanding the content on the corporate website as well as growing our mailing list in creative and effective ways.
- Spread the Mamma Chia Love. You will be the voice of Mamma Chia and be responsible for writing copy that is consistent with the Mamma Chia brand for use in editorial content, advertising, retail communications, customer communications and all other outward facing materials. You will be responsible for creating and maintaining a Mamma Chia blog, as well as managing the company’s relationships with other bloggers.
- Make Everyday Cyber Monday! You will be responsible for creating and executing ecommerce sales strategies that grow the Mamma Chia online store through email marketing campaigns, online/offline campaigns and other promotional programs.
You’ll be measured on how well you:
- Grow our Online Community through increased Engagement. You will be solely responsible for growing our online community and increasing the level of engagement. This will be measured with the tools and metrics made available by the various social media platforms as well as feedback from our online community.
- Mission Impossible. Everyone in the Mamma Chia Family lives and breathes our Core Values and is committed to our Mission Statement. If you cannot embrace these principles that are at the foundation of Mamma Chia, this isn’t the right place for you.
- You think Yoga is 4 letter word. The ideal candidate lives an active, healthy lifestyle consistent with the Mamma Chia brand and the lifestyle of our core consumers.
- Start-up Lifestyle. Mamma Chia is still very much a start-up company and culture, which requires a great deal of flexibility and adapting to change. If that kind of environment stresses you out, you might be happier somewhere else.
- At least 4 years experience in marketing and/or sales with a food or beverage company.
- A competitive salary depending on your experience
- Equity in the company
- Medical and Dental Coverage
- Opportunity to contribute to a 401K Plan
- A great place to work!
- Continue to Develop the Mamma Chia Brand. You will be responsible for all messaging, writing, editing and communicating the Mamma Chia brand and will be measured by how effectively you perform those tasks as well as how quickly and firmly you grasp the brand’s essence and personality.
- Play with Others. Being engaged as part of the greater team is extremely important in our culture and you will be measured on your contribution beyond the dollars generated as we look for passionate people willing to contribute to the greater good. You will be asked to be an active member of the team and required to provide your insights, feedback and ideas.
And a few reasons why you might not be a fit:
Oh yeah, the other stuff:
We prefer you to have that diploma from a four-year college or university or more.
- Experience in marketing food and beverage products in natural, mainstream and other channels is preferred.
- It is important to have good computer skills such as knowing how to use Microsoft Office including Power Point, Excel, Word, Outlook as well as proficiency in Illustrator and/or Photoshop.
What will you get from us?