It’s the most MAGICAL day of the year — National Chia Day! Mamma Chia has officially designated March 23rd as National Chia Day with the registrar of National Day Calendar! This day recognizes the tiny, yet powerful chia seed that has earned its reputation as being one of the MOST nutrient-rich foods on the planet! Revered by the Maya and Aztecs for their amazing healing powers and natural energy, chia seeds have become a trusted staple for people around the world and can be enjoyed in many foods and beverages!
Want to join the celebration? Here’s some fun & simple ways to celebrate #NationalChiaDay…
1. Post a chia-related photo on your social media channels and tag @MammaChia #NationalChiaDay on March 23rd. It can be a recipe, chia-related facts, your favorite Mamma Chia products… the list goes on! Start your day with our Chia Granola Clusters, power through the day with our Chia Vitality Bars, or enjoy any of Chia Beverages at any time. Celebrate every meal by adding chia!
2. Share our Chia Facts Infographic below to spread the Magic of chia!
Embed this Infographic On Your Site
3. Create this delicious Chia Berry Shake from Janie Hoffman’s The Chia Cookbook (recipe below)!
- 2 tablespoons black or white Mamma Chia organic chia seeds
- 1 cup purified water
- 2 cups organic frozen mixed berries (such as blackberries, blueberries and marionberries), plus more for garnish (optional)
- Pinch of organic ground cardamom
- 1 cup plain unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar or honey
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 organic Hass avocado
- In a liquid measuring cup or small bowl, whisk together the chia seeds and water and let stand for about 20 minutes (makes about 1 1/8 cups chia gel).
- Place the chia gel, frozen berries, cardamom, almond milk, agave nectar, vanilla, and avocado in a blender.
- Cover and blend on high until thick and creamy.
- Pour into two glasses. Garnish with additional berries and serve immediately. Enjoy!