“Janie Hoffman’s original vision was for her company to be a platform brand to share the health benefits of chia seeds with others. She founded Mamma Chia, the first organic, chia-based food and beverage company, and was faced with the decision about which product to launch first. Read more.
Janie Hoffman, Mamma Chia CEO and founder, shares her thoughts on how to stay true to her mission. “‘Consumers vote with their dollars. They want to support like-minded businesses they can trust.” Read more.
A delightfully simple way to add the benefits of chia into your diet is to start with the most important meal of the day: breakfast! Here are 5 everyday breakfasts that you’ll LOVE adding our organic chia seeds to!
- Smoothies: Smoothies are a favorite go-to breakfast option, especially for those on the go! For starters, they’re quick, easy and, most importantly, portable. It’s almost impossible for a smoothie to not taste great and you can get as creative as you like when adding your favorite fruits & veggies! But if you really want to jazz up the nutrition, add in some chia seeds for an instant nutrient-rich boost! So if you’re a smoothie drinker like us, we recommend adding in some of our organic Chia Seeds to add in that extra nutritional boost, we are sure it won’t disappoint!
- Oatmeal: Oatmeal is an undeniable breakfast staple. Quick, easy to make and never ceases to make you feel warm and fuzzy inside! Try adding some of Organic Chia Granola Clusters as a topping along with sliced fruit for that extra health factor and a little bit of a yummy crunch. You won’t regret it! 🙂
- Pancakes: Is It just us, or does the mere mention of the word ‘pancake’ send your taste buds into a panicked frenzy? Nothing beats the satisfaction of hot pancakes in the morning! For a guilt-free twist on a classic, our organic Chia Squeezes make a delicious replacement for maple syrup. No added sugar, just organic fruit and veggie puree that tastes amazing! It’s a MUST try!
- Muffins: We can’t think of any better way to get the day started then with the aroma of fresh muffins baking in the oven. That’s what pure happiness feels like! Adding organic chia seeds to the ingredient list won’t affect any of the flavor or fragrance, but it will certainly (and subtly) up the nutrition factor!
- Avocado Toast: Where has it been all our lives?! Some think of it as a luxury, but we just think it’s delicious (and easy to boot). Avo-toast might be a new concept (somehow) but we know it’s surely here to stay, it’s just that tasty! To give it a fancy twist, sprinkle organic chia seeds on top and make that nutrition premium!
You can purchase all of our Organic Chia Seeds, Chia Squeeze and Chia Granola Clusters here at ShopMammaChia.com. Use code LOVE15 to get 15% off your entire order!
Make sure to share all your magical Chia recipes with us using the tag #MammaChia on social media!
Find ways to make healthy drinks better for the environment. Healthy drinks that provide functional beverages is one of the fastest-growing categories. These types of beverages naturally align with environmental stewardship, conservation and human health. Coming from an environmental background, this is the space where I have seen some of the greatest potential. Read more.
Squeezy does it! Mamma Chia’s organic squeeze is packed with Omega-3, protein and fiber, making it ideal fuel for hungry travellers. The chia seeds are infused with delicious fruits and vegetables… Read more.
Mamma Chia is disrupting the beverage aisle again with the launch of Chia Protein Smoothies, which combine organic ground chia seeds with organic fruit purees and organic coconut cream. A harmonious blend of sweet and tart flavors, the coconut cream based Chia Protein Smoothies offer a delicious and powerful trifecta of 1000mg Omega-3s, 12g of plant-based protein and 4000mg of MCTs. Read more …
A quality nosh that also pays it forward? These companies give a whole new meaning to smart snacking. Mamma Chia offers high quality, organic chia-based foods that are both healthy and help towards sustainability. Mamma Chia is a member of 1% For the Planet and a founding member of Slow Money. Read more.
Khloé Kardashian is not letting hunger in between meals get the best of her. The Keeping Up with the Kardashians star says it’s not always easy to choose the perfect snack, but she’s developed an arsenal of her go-to picks when hunger strikes.
We love handmade! We love small businesses too, especially ones that make awesome all natural products.
Torii, from Soaps By Torii, shared with us how she makes her soap and added a Mamma Chia twist. She uses all natural ingredients: non-GMO, organic, and locally sourced when possible!
Since it’s spring, I wanted to create a scent that was light and warm. Incorporating lime essential oil into the mix and using Chia as the exfoliant, I ended up with a soap inspired by Cherry Lime Vitality!!
First, I melted all of my oils and Shea butter on the stove top. I use stainless bowls, as to not crack the bowl when it heats up.
After everything is heated I let both bowls cool to about 100-120 degrees and try to keep them within a 20 degree range of each other. I then mix them together using a stick blender or emulisifier.
They reach a consistency which is called “trace” that is pretty close to pudding. I then add my add-ins such as color (clay in this instance), scent(essential oils), and of course some Mamma Chia Seeds!
Mix some more and pour into a parchment paper lined mold. Beginners can use a clean shoe box lined. Sprinkle chia seeds on top while it’s still wet. Let sit 24hrs. Remove from mold. Slice. Let sliced bars “cure” for at least three weeks before using. This time allows the ph of the soap to lower and slightly dehydrates the soap for a harder bar that lasts longer.
Share your soap with friends and loved ones! It’s the perfect edition to an Easter basket or spring shower gift. You can find Torii’s soap on Instagram here @soapbytorii
The buns are out and the sweet potato rounds are in. Say NO to the grains and dairy this spring! Why?
Because, spring means summer is just around the corner, and so are the shorts and swim suits. Not only will cutting out of grains and dairy from most (if not all) of your meals, means a healthier inside too and that’s what matters most! Let’s keep our bods feeling good, because we deserve to be our best.
You don’t have to give up taste and texture when you eliminate certain foods from your diet or mea, you’re simply expanding your pallet. Sophistication and all that jazz! We opted for organic grass fed Bison instead of Cow, as its a leaner protein, and subbed our cheese for grilled artichoke and topped this burger with spicy BBQ Sauce.
So this weekend force spring upon yourselves and uncover that grill!
Organic Grass Fed Bison (find it at Costco)
Artichoke hearts (find these at Sprouts, Trader Joes, and Whole Foods)
Sweet Potatoes (Or jeweled yams)
(You can also top this with avocado or Guacamole.. Oh the things you think about later)
Cut the sweet potatoes in disks
Toss them around in some avocado oil, sea salt, and pepper
*These take about 3-4 minutes on each side. Keep your eye on them!
Season your Bison
*Cook until 140F (about 5 minutes each side.)
Throw on your artichokes and onions grill
Assemble your burger and enjoy!
HIP HIP HOORAY FOR FRI-YAY!!!
Living for the weekend right? That moment we all have when you realize you have a few days to do whatever you want; no meetings, no conference calls, just pure unadulterated weekend vibes.
Let’s face it, all week long we look for ways to remind ourselves of the good stuff only weekends can provide.
One thing’s certain anytime we sip or squeeze a Mamma Chia during our work day, there’s that instant sensation of weekend bliss. It’s a mini inner-body-parts-reviv-acation we wish would last all day, and so desperately need.
So with tomorrow being Fri-yay, we’ve come up with three ways you can weekend all week and make your actual weekends count.
1. Don’t Sleep In
Studies show you can’t actually catch up on the sleep you miss, and waking up late on those weekend days messes with you when good ol’ Monday roles around.
Instead SLOW DOWN. Don’t be in such a hurry to get out the door. Have some morning coffee while staying in your pajamas a little bit longer.
*Tip: Diffuse lavender essential oils, or tuck dried lavender filled pouches in your pillow. Lavender helps you sleep so you’ll wake up feeling like everyday isn’t Monday!
No slumping into the couch all weekend. Many of us have jobs that cause us to be sedentary for a good portion of our day.
We are free spirits, our bodies are truly healthiest when they reflect that.
There are so many outlets available and they don’t have to cost a lot either! Find a free class, or snag that Groupon, or YouTube it. Whatever you do just find yourself a space and stretch out your body.
* Keep your body whole keep your mind present. Share your favorite yoga poses with us. #mammachia
You work your butt off! Rewarding ourselves with positive thoughts, energy, and the occasional gift is so important in generating a constant light around ourselves.
Don’t let a reward be self-destructive the way a two-for-one happy hour can be, or a cheat meal full of processed food satisfying something emotional that ends up making you feel bloated.
A reward can be enjoying good company, buying yourself flowers, taking that weekend trek to somewhere new and exciting. Reward your hard work and be lighter for it!
A few of our reward wants:
Candle (available on Pigment)
and pick yourself up a couple bring them home, name them, and put them in one of these Mint Pots
Lastly, everyone needs water. Pick yourself up a Swell Bottle, because you deserve to be hydrating in style.
Creator of the first ready-to-drink chia beverage is adding Ginger Lime, Blueberry Pomegranate and the first-ever chia-based Lemon Iced Tea to its pioneering line of Chia Vitality Beverages. Read more …
Mamma Chia Blackberry Bliss Chia Squeeze featured on The Today Show! Redbook announced their 2017 Best Snack Awards and Blackberry Bliss Chia Squeeze was selected as Best Low-Calorie Snack of 2017!
Mamma Chia Wild Blueberry Clusters “I’d never had gluten-free granola before tasting Mamma Chia’s, but this has such a wonderful, crunchy texture. It doesn’t have a hint of blueberry—it really tastes like blueberries, and I love that. I had to stop myself from eating the entire bag.” Read more…
These Are the Absolute Best Snacks You Can Buy Right Now! Tastiest Low-Cal Snack: Mamma Chia Blackberry Bliss Chia Squeeze. Don’t be fooled by the kiddie squeeze pouch. You get a pop of real blackberries, and chia seeds are a nutritional powerhouse that delivers… Read more…
There comes a moment when our hearts scream for chocolate. Our minds tell us no, stay away from the sugar packed, processed, artificial deliciousness that is most chocolate candies and treats. We have the solution! Not only is this recipe so easy to make, but it literally will take you ten minutes. Time is of the essence when it comes to consuming chocolate, there is literally no time to waste. So here they are! Our “Too Good To Be Two Ingredient (or vegan) Chocolate Truffles.”
What You Need
1 Cup + 4 Tablespoons Vegan Chocolate
1 Cup Organic Almond Milk (or coconut)
*For our topping we used raw slivered almonds. You can use really anything. Some other options are cocoa powder, powdered sugar, sesame seeds, other sorts of crushed nuts, etc.
For The Filling
Simply chop chocolate
Heat up the almond (or coconut) milk
Pour over chocolate
Chill (or don’t chill and sit and eat it with a spoon, no one says you have to finish these.)
For The Coating
While the filling chill melt straight chocolate in a double boiler
Once they are chilled scoop them and roll into small balls
Dip them into a the melted chocolate and roll around in the almonds
Too good to be just a blueberry smoothie!
You’ll love this bit of purple and red magic to seed your soul. Perfect for mornings or as a snack!
For The Smoothie:
2 Large Handfuls of Frozen or Fresh Blueberries
1 Large Handfuls of Frozen or Fresh Raspberries
2 Ripe Bananas(Use frozen for extra texture)
*Try using half an avocado or frozen mango instead of banana
1/2 cup Organic Apple Sauce
Handful of Ice
1/4 Cup Organic Almond Milk
Blend until you’ve got the blues!
Layer it up!
Create a base with Mamma Chia Vitality Granola
Pour that blues smooth smoothie in
Follow with another layer of granola and pack the top with fresh fruit
Option: add Mamma Chia organic Chia Seed and organic shelled hempseed to the top
NOW EAT IT!
Blackberries are a true super-food, they carry a number of benefits that can reduce intestinal inflammation and protect the body. Many of the micronutrients present in blackberries have antioxidant activity that works to help nuetralize “free radicals,” which can damage the cells and are a major source of disease and aging.
Mamma Chia is always looking for ways to Seed The Soul, and utilize our products and the whole super food ingredients we jam into each one of them. So grab a cup of blackberries, have them as a snack or toss them in your favorite chia breakfast bowl.
To take it one step further, we are giving you a quick easy salad recipe that incorporates our Vitality Blackberry Bliss Squeeze, and fresh Blackberries. Give this recipe a try and make sure to share yours with us!
Organic Roasted Pistachios
Organic Dried Figs
Organic Mamma Chia Seeds
*Optional Goat Cheese
1⁄2 Blackberry Bliss Squeeze
1⁄2 Cup Balsamic Vinegar
1⁄2 Cup Cherry Preserves
1⁄4 Cup Red Wine Vinegar
1 Cup Olive Oil
Dash Pink Himalayan Salt
Dash of Pepper
Make the salad. You got this on dial. Slice those figs, toss on the blackberries, chia seeds, pistachios, and crumble the goat cheese.
For the Dressing
In a medium saucepan on medium high heat add vinegar, until boiling then simmer till reduced by half. (You’re making a reduction) Add preserves and cook 1 minute. Remove from heat and cool to room temperature. Whisk in red wine vinegar, Black Berry Blast Chia Squeeze, and then the olive oil. Season with salt & pepper.
*If you don’t have the time, or the motivation to make the dressing from scratch, this salad pairs well with any sort of balsamic dressing. Simply drizzle the squeeze directly onto the finished salad.
Mamma Chia is all about living a life full of Vitality. That means taking care of ourselves inside, and out. For our last January wellness post we’ve come up with a perfect at home clay mask that does just that.
Throughout history healing clays have been used by numerous cultures to help rid the body of toxins, as well as heal skin, leaving it looking smooth and bright. Mamma’s Mask uses Bentonite Clay, known to absorb and remove toxins, heavy metals, impurities, and chemicals. Bentonite Clay can also help irritation caused from eczema, psoriasis, chicken pox, insect bites, burns, and unwanted blemishes. It’s a unique clay due to its ability to produce an an electrical charge once it comes in contact with liquid. When the liquid is added, the electrical components in the clay change. This is what gives the Bentonite the ability to absorb toxins.
It’s like a science experiment you get to do on your face! So many masks you buy in stores contain this healing clay, or other clays like it. They also contain chemicals and additives our bodies really don’t need to get the job done!
4 Tbsp Braggs Organic Apple Cider Vinegar
5 Tbsp Bentonite Clay Powder (find it at most vitamin shoppes or online)
1-2 Drops Lavender Essential Oil
1-2 Drops Tea Tree Essential Oil
2 Tsp Organic Lemon Juice
*Optional: 2 tsp Raw Honey
Place your lemon juice and apple cider vinegar in one bowl, and your clay in a separate one.
Slowly pour the liquid into the bowl with the clay, as you simultaneously stir the mixture.
Add two to three drops of your lavender, and tea tree essential oils. (This is when you would add the honey.)
Mix until all ingredients are combined. (Make sure there are no clumps of clay that haven’t been mixed in well.)
Apply paste evenly across face. Leave on for about 30 minutes. (If you have sensitive skin, reduce the time to 15 minutes.) Mask should completely dry before removing.
*Do a patch test first for about 10-15 minutes. Even though these ingredients are great for us, everyone’s body reacts differently to different things.
To remove, simply use a wash cloth soaked in warm water. We recommend letting the wash cloth sit on your face for about a minute, giving the heat and moisture time to break apart the hard clay. Next, gently wipe away the mask. Rinse and repeat if needed. We suggest using this Mamma’s Facemask 1-2 times a week.
While 2017 is all about incorporating our mantras, January is all about wellness! This post is aimed at giving you examples of how to turn those mantras into actions. Our overall wellness should be a focal point in every aspect of our lives. From the foods we useto nourish our bodies, to the remedies we use to keep ourselves whole, to creating tidy spaces where we can manifest creativity, maintaining wellness throughout the year is imperative to our personal growth!
To continue with our ideas of being well and living by our mantras, we’ve put together a few ways for you to quickly reset your mind, body, and soul.
Revisit these all year-round, whenever you need to recenter yourself!
I Am Free From Clutter
“The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up” written by Marie Kondo was featured as number one on the New York Times best seller list. Throughout her book she walks readers through a step-by-step process of cleaning up their spaces. Use this mantra to declutter your life. Start simply by discarding unnecessary time wasters on your digital devices. Next, move onto your car, and end with the largest project, your home.
You’ll find with exhaling all we don’t need, we give ourselves space to inhale beauty, contentment, and productivity.
We are firm believers that a clear, well curated, space can help cultivate peace, and serenity, while providing a place to create and inspire ourselves and others.
*You can buy the book HERE
I Am Nourished
There are so many foods we could talk about here. Heck! We could do an entire year’s worth of posts, just on what each food does to nourish our soul, and feed our body. Chia is close to our heart, it’s the reason we love what we do. Any chance to share more about the benefits of these funky little seeds with you, is an opportunity we’ll jump at!
We love the powerful benefits of Chia! Chia seeds are among the most concentrated sources of calcium. In fact, they contain about three times more per ounce than skim milk! Each one of our Mamma Chia Vitality Beverages is jammed packed with a daily dose of Omega-3, 25% of our dietary fiber and 4 grams of complete protein!
Who better to turn to than our friends, who are already incorporating Mamma Chia Seeds into their daily diets.
Now you can too!!
Who said you had to eat a meal with a spoon or fork? Chia seed are a great addition to any healthy smoothie!
From Earthy Andy, Neapolitan Chia Partfait/Smoothie
California Country Gal used our Mango Coconut Chia Squeeze to make Grain Free Bread Pudding
A fan favorite of ours from Instagram @FromMyVeganKitchen shows us how three simple ingredients can turn into a delicious stack of Chia pancakes.
* We love to see how you are nourishing your bodies with the power of Chia! Make sure to tag us and use the hashtag #MammaChia and #MammaChiaMakes to share your recipes with us and the rest of the Mamma Chia family!
I Am Hydrated
Start your mornings off with a big dose of hydration by drinking a cup of hot water with a whole lot of lemon.
1. Lemon water helps rejuvenate dull skin.
2. Drinking lemon water aids in digestion, leaving your tummy feeling better, and you looking less bloated.
3. Lemon water has been known to boost your energy levels while giving you needed vitamin C.
Whether it’s boosting your immune system, or aiding in balancing your body’s PH levels, with water, there’s a little something for everyone!
Infusing your water with fruit is a simple yet effective way to assist in detoxing your body. Not to mention the added flavors make water way more exciting to drink! Chances are, you’ll not only enjoy making these pretty drinks but love the way they taste too!
I fill My Mind, Body, And Soul
In our last post of 2016, we talked about choosing mantras over resolutions. Dedicate time each day to evaluate yourself. A large focus for this year should be whether or not we are truly living our mantras, inviting in all they have to offer us.
Make 2017 and every year after, a year where you fulfill goals, and attract positivity into your life. Set time to keep filling in these bucket lists, as well as giving yourself time to reflect, and find ways to turn these mantras into actions.
Find, or set up, a quiet space to keep only for you and your soul. Spend time here each day, even if it’s only for a few minutes. Meditate on your mantras, and refocus if need be. Work hard with us this year to solidify your daily, weekly, monthly, and life long intentions. Sometimes, we need a simple reset, and a reminder of what we need to fill our mind, body, and soul.
Share with us how you are turning your mantras into actions! We might just share them in our next week’s blog!
Mamma Chia Organic Chia Squeeze: Chia seeds aren’t just for your health-crazed cousin anymore. These highly portable flavored pouches are packed with nutrients, and come in six delicious flavors including Mango Coconut, Strawberry Banana, and Blackberry Bliss. Read more… Read more…
Following decades of trying numerous regimens to try to get a handle on serious health issues, Mamma Chia founder Janie Hoffman was introduced to yet another superfood ancient grain: chia. The versatility of this little seed, packed with Omega-3s, antioxidants, fiber, protein, and calcium, makes it an easy addition to limitless foods and recipes. Read more… Read more…
Cold season, it’s not just about weather my friends. We all know the symptoms we do our best to avoid this time of year. The only way to do it would be to stay cooped up inside, binge watch Netflix, while living off shipments of Mamma Chia Vitality Granola, and Mamma Chia Seed Pudding. As amazing as this does sound, we must all face the world and their stuffy-nose-coughing-faces.
Have no fear Mamma Chian’s we are here to get you through all types of cold this season, and hopefully leave you feeling a bit better. To continue with our Winter Wellness we are making throat drops. Skip buying brands that contain artificial colors and additives we can’t pronounce. These not only taste better, but they’re better for you.
Minimal. Natural. The way an ingredient list should be.
1 cup tea
1 organic lemon (juiced)
1/2 cup manuka honey
1 tbsp cloves (optional)
First, make your tea. For these drops we went with straight Lavender and a Lemongrass Ginger (Earl Grey also works great). Feel free to choose any flavor. Do some research on what each tea can do for your body, and go from there!
Pour that cup of tea into your pot, and stick on the stove top.
* An option which we left out of ours would to be add cloves. The oils in cloves are known to help break down the “cold glue” (eww gunk) in the back of your throat, as well as kill germs.
Squeeze your lemon into the pot (we went with a whole lemon)
Pour in the manuka honey and watch the magic happen!
*Honey is a natural cough suppressant, as well as a great way to soothe the throat.
Allow to boil, strain anything you added, or may have missed (lemon seeds, who knew when you squeezed a lemon seeds came flying out. Note: squeeze lemon into a bowl first, strain seeds as you add it to the pot…)
You want this throat saving potion hot! Try to get the mixture up to 300 degrees. If you don’t have a candy thermometer just hanging out in your kitchen, use a glass of ice water. Drop a tiny bit of the mixture into the glass, if it solidifies, it’s ready.
Carefully spoon the mixture onto parchment paper.
Yours will be better circles than ours. Great thing is, you’re going to eat these, so if they aren’t perfect circles no need to worry. If you want your drops to be pretty, silicone molds work really well!
Let the drops harden (feel free to put these little guys in the freezer).
You did it!
Once hardened keep in a small jar, canvas bag, or up-cycled metal mint container.
Give these a try, tell us know what you think! We love hearing from you. If you have any other tips to make the cold season less cold share them with us! #MammaChia
Say no to the aches, coughs, and fevers this year! Mamma Chia is here to give you the extra boost and support needed during this cold and flu season, so you can get back to what you love doing most. We’ve put together three of our favorite wellness remedies to help keep you and your family, healthy and ready for adventure this winter! Save these recipes for use all year round as they’ll make a great addition to your daily wellness regimen.
Cold Symptom Relieving Tea
2 teaspoons organic sage
Juice of one organic lemon (or one teaspoon lemon balm herb)
Pinch cayenne pepper
1 tablespoon (15 ml) organic honey (preferably raw)
2 teaspoons of Mamma Chia Organic Chia Seeds
*To prepare the tea, pour one cup boiling water over sage and allow to steep for 10 minutes. Strain out herbs, add remaining ingredients, and drink hot.
Diffuser Congestion Blend
2 drops of Eucalyptus
2 drops of Lemon
3 drops of Peppermint
*Essential oils are a great way to make aromatherapy a part of your day-to-day regimen. Plus, there are truly astounding health benefits from using aromatherapy! Essential oils have the ability to boost energy levels, speed up healing, eliminate headaches, strengthen our immune systems, improve digestion, act as a cleaning agent, and purify air. Use this blend to help ease any congestion!
2 drops of lavender
2 drops of frankincense
4 drops of cedarwood or melaleuca
4 drops of wild orange
1 1/2 tbs Shea butter
1 1/2 tsp organic coconut oil
*Gently melt the Shea butter and coconut oil together. Remove from heat and stir in essential oils. Transfer to a container with a tight fitting lid. (A jar or Tupperware works fine)
We like to get our oils from these sites:
2017 is essentially here and with the New Year comes a whole list of resolutions! Resolutions can be daunting, truly limiting to our unconscious. Common resolutions people make are often intended to break a pattern, or accomplish something they feel will change their lives for the better. Truth is, 80% of those who make resolutions on January 1 will have given up by Valentine’s Day!
So this year, we’ve decided to skip the resolutions altogether! We have come up with two positive ways to set a tone of inspiration and creativity in 2017.
First pick a mantra. A mantra is a powerful word or phrase that creates meaning differently than a typical sentence. A mantra, when repeated over and over, affirms our belief in ourselves. We begin to allow its meaning to seep below the surface, into our subconscious, helping to shift our negative habits and patterns into positive ones. A mantra can have a significant impact on our lives!
What we think and speak shapes how we feel inside and how we see the world around us. Boost your confidence this year and allow yourself to highlight and focus in on trust, courage, love, creativity, success, confidence, balance, partnership & clarity. Use words that are clear and easy to remember. Begin each day by repeating your mantra out loud or silently to yourself. Allow the words to guide your daily intentions and be the driving force of positivity! Here are some examples:
*Seed Your Soul
*I am here to grow
*I choose calmness over anxiety
*I am strong and healthy
*I strive to improve
We also think a bucket list is more interesting than a list of resolutions as it inspires us to explore, create, and make time for growing as individuals! Whether it’s exploring a new place, or trying a new activity, this list can consist of items that are as simple as eating at a restaurant you’ve been driving by for years or visiting your family a little more often. Your list can grow through the year as new ideas manifest themselves. Enjoy the simplicity of it. Set time aside to allow yourself to check off the items on your bucket list instead of your resolutions list! Your bucket list is a group of things you should look forward to doing, a way of creating new memories and trying something new!
We made a few printable templates to get you started. Download them below, set forth and be inspired this year!!!
To wrap up our #chiaholiday, we asked artist and foodie Heather Fenner to
make us her favorite brunch! A painter, wife, and mom of three from Los Angeles, she knows
a few things about making a filling and well decorated Holiday Brunch! Oh, and it’s super yummy, too!
The Holidays are all about family, food and fun. Don’t you agree?!
For your holiday gathering you have to pull out all the stops, ring those bells and deck those halls!
This is why I love to make an amazing Christmas Morning Brunch! This year I’m making two versions of my famous overnight French toast bake.
One will be a paleo version, as many of us in my family are Paleo/Primal, and of course the traditional version, as well.
Hot apple cider and bottomless mimosas shall flow freely… especially the mimosas. Definitely the mimosas.
Wait. What was I talking about ?! Oh right, the Brunch!
One of my favorite egg dishes is a frittata. But when you have several hungry family members to feed, I love changing it up a bit.
I make the mix but add it to muffin tins instead! I actually double, sometimes even triple the recipe for my Mamma Chia Seed Frittata.
The best part about baking the recipe in muffin tins are all the left overs. They’re great when someone needs a quick snack.
I mean let’s face it, after all of those mimosas the only thing Mrs. Claus wants to cook is herself, in a nice hot bath, while sipping on her bottomless mimosa!
So here is my recipe for my Chia Seed Frittata Muffins which complement as a side to any Christmas Brunch!
3/4 cup shredded store bought organic hash browns
(If you make your own has browns) 3/4 cup shredded potato
4 whole organic eggs
4 egg whites or 3/4 cup of liquid store whites
1/4 cup organic cherry tomatoes diced
1/3 cup organic white or sweet onion diced
3 tbs organic canned green chilies
1/4 cup organic artichoke hearts diced
1/4 cup organic fresh cilantro finely chopped
2 tbs organic fresh chives finely chopped
1 cup organic pepper jack cheese shredded
1/4 cup organic feta cheese
3 tbs organic Mamma Chia Organic White Chia Seeds
- Preheat Oven to 350 Degrees
- Prepare the hash browns according to instructions – these will be added in the next step
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk eggs with egg whites. Add remaining ingredients; mix well to combine.
- Prepare a muffin tin with nonstick baking spray. Pour egg mixture evenly into cups.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until set. Remove from oven; set aside to cool for about 5 minutes
- Serve warm or place in the refrigerator for up to 5 days and serve for a quick breakfast or snack
*Pair with a Mamma Chia Vitality Drink Mimosa!
Simply mix together a desired amount of organic orange juice and your favorite
Mamma Chia Vitality Beverage in a flute glass. Pour over with champagne and enjoy!
We love when our products can be used in alternative ways! Our Chia Squeeze is no exception and is not only great for a grab-n-go snack, but, as you’ll see below, can be a great addition to some recipes!
California Country Gal’s Annabelle Lee is back to share a recipe that uses our Chia Squeeze in a new and unique way! Check out her recipe for a delicious Grain Free Bread Pudding that is a great breakfast or dessert for your holiday crowd!
“I love my Mamma Chia Squeeze Pouches for grab-and-go treats, but they also make great quick and easy sauces!”
- 1 loaf Rustic or Sandwich Bread made from California Country Mix
- 1/2 cup of your favorite nuts such as macadamias, walnuts or pecans
- 1 1/2 cups of your favorite fruit such as chopped apple, orange or blueberries
- 2 large eggs
- 2 1/2 cups coconut milk or heavy cream
- Sweetener to equal 1/2 cup sugar, I used erythritol/monk fruit blend
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1/3 teaspoon stevia
- 1 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- Cut the crusts off the bread, (dry them for bread crumbs or treat the crusts to your dogs!
- Cut the bread into 1/2 inch pieces (no need to dry the bread out)
- Coat an 8-inch square baking dish or 8-9-inch deep dish pie pan with butter
- Add the bread cubes, nuts and chopped fruit, toss lightly
- Whisk together the rest of the ingredients and carefully pour over the bread cubes
- Cover with plastic wrap and gently press down to submerge all the bread
- Let rest at least 2 hours on the counter (or up to 24 hours in the refrigerator
- Heat the oven to 350˚ and bake 40-50 minutes, until the top is brown and the center is set
- Serve warm with Chia Bourbon Sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 package of your favorite Chia Squeeze; I used Coconut Mango
- Your favorite sweetener, to taste. I used stevia drops
- 1-2 tablespoons bourbon (optional)
Melt the butter in a small saucepan and whisk in the rest of the ingredients.
Teas the season for homemade tea! Get ready to sooth some souls with your own seasonal blend. If you’ve been looking for a personal, last minute gift idea, this DIY is sure to bring much needed warmth to your holiday season!
Head down to your local spice shop, or pick up a few packages of your favorite organic loose leaf tea blends.
Tea is a great gift, especially during the chillier months. Not to mention it looks so pretty!
Experiment with your blends. Scout out different types of edible tea flowers and spices.
A few of our holiday favorites include peppermint, orange peel, cranberry and cinnamon.
We went with an invigorating three ingredient blend.
*Organic Vanilla Earl Grey
*Organic Dried Rose Petals
*Organic Crystalized Ginger
Mix all your ingredients in a bowl. Keep in mind, tea smells similar to the way it will taste. We chose a base tea and added accompanying flavors to create a unique blend with delightful aromas.
Once you’ve mixed up the perfect homemade tea, get creative with your packaging! Glass is a great way to display your colorful creations. You can also use brown paper lunch bags, or large tea bags. Wrap up in colorful yarn or twine and add a GIFT TAG!!
Additional Pairing Ideas
*Lavender, Hibiscus, and Vanilla
* Black tea (of your choice), Crystalized Orange Peel, Dried Orange Slices, Cinnamon, and Rainbow Black Pepper
*Dandelion Petals, Mint, and Dried Raspberry Leaves
*Lemon Verbena, Rooibos, Vanilla, and Dried Rose Petals
Tis the season for giving, but it’s also the time for practicing self care!
With so much time spent giving and thinking about others, it’s easy to be lead astray with our self love efforts.
This blog post is all about taking a few minutes (or thirty) to remind ourselves to Seed Our Souls!
We believe in order to love others me must surround ourselves with well-intended acts of self care.
What does it mean? How do we do it?
We must first be aware and then acknowledge ourselves and our self worth!
We’ve pulled together a fun and relaxing way for you to sneak in some you time during the busy holiday season.
What You Need:
*Various art supplies
Start by pulling your favorite books off the shelf! Poetry books, inspirational books, stories with passages you linger on, or head to the internet.
Choose two or three of your favorites. Don’t overthink this!!! Let the words speak to you! That might sound cliche but it’s true. When you find words that resonate with you, then write them down!
Contemplate. Re-read them a few times. Spend time with this step. Compare the concepts and images between the poems. What do the themes reveal about where you are in your life? What is speaking to you from within the poem? Stay open to any guidance you may receive.
Pick as many as you want, or need. Blend poems and songs together. Make this your own soul song. Once you have your collection of words, spend some time thinking about what they mean to you.
Now get to it!
Put your chosen words into art. Paint them, write them, stamp them on! There’s no wrong way to do this. Use the art supplies as a backdrop for your piece. Incorporate multiple mediums: water color, acrylics, paints. Have fun with this. This is your time to practice self-love.
Display your work. Let it serve as a reminder of all the great things you are and will become. Share it with others, inspire them to spend some time loving themselves, too!
We hope you take some time this holiday season to focus on yourself. With the new year fast approaching so many of us will set resolutions for ourselves. Seed Your Soul and focus on self care. Let this be the way we end this year and start the next.
Add a new tradition this season!
Replace your chill with chia on these frosty days. Seed your soul with rich and creamy, slightly spiced Hot Chia-colate. We promise one batch won’t be enough!! You’ll be making this warm chocolaty treat time and time again!
Grab your favorite mug, curl up with your favorites, and sip on a cup of Hot Chia Chocolate!
Did we mention that it’s super easy to make? Simply throw all the ingredients in your crock-pot and stir every hour. Wow! The easiest homemade hot chocolate (and the most delicious) that you’ve ever made!
The most amazing part is that you get all the benefits of the chia! Omega-3s, protein, fiber and more make this warm delight a bit more nutritious than your normal cocoa. So sip on my friends!
You Will Need:
*Organic Bittersweet Chocolate
* Organic Cocoa Powder
* Organic Mamma Chia Seeds
* Organic Cinnamon
* Organic Nutmeg
* Organic Chili Powder
* Organic Almond Milk
* 1 tbs organic cocoa powder
* 1/3 cup hot water
* 4 ounces chopped organic bittersweet chocolate
* 2 tbs Mamma Chia Organic Chia Seeds
* 2 sticks organic cinnamon
* 1/2 tsp organic cinnamon powder
* 1/8 tsp organic nutmeg
* 1/2 tsp organic chili powder (optional)
* 4 cups (1 quart) organic almond milk (2% or skim is also fine) * 1/2 cup organic marsh mellows (try to find ones without corn syrup)
*Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 2 hours
Total time: 2 hours 5 mins
Serves: 4-6 servings
* In a small bowl combine the hot water and the cocoa powder, stir until smooth.
* In the base of the slow cooker, add the bittersweet chocolate, cinnamon stick, cinnamon powder, nutmeg, almond milk, along with the cocoa powder mixture. Heat on low for 2 hours, stirring every 30 minutes or so.
* Serve warm with marshmallows, whipped cream, chocolate syrup, or chocolate shavings! Get creative!
Fall is here which means sweets, savory meals, and celebrations. We’re getting full just thinking about it! It’s okay to indulge a little here and there, but don’t fall into poor eating habits this holiday season. We’ve got a fall infused agua fresca to keep you satisfied (and hydrated) with the flavors of the season without overindulging. Pair this easy recipe with our Pumpkin Powered Workout and keep your fitness and health goals in check until the New Year!
- Filtered water
- 1 Tbsp Mamma Chia Organic Chia Seeds
- 1 organic apple, chopped
- 1 organic pear, chopped
- 1 organic plum, chopped
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- Hydrate your tablespoon of chia seeds in a cup of room temperature water for about 10-15 minutes. This will help keep your chia seeds suspended in the beverage.
- Place the fruit and cinnamon into a large pitcher of ice water.
- Transfer the hydrated chia seeds into the pitcher and place infused water into the refrigerator.
- Let water chill for at least 2 hours. Feel free to add more water to the pitcher as it starts to get low.
Calling all ghouls, witches, and monsters to come party with us! We’ve got two simple pumpkin DIY’s that will be a hit for your haunted Halloween festivities.
PUMPKIN PARTY COOLER
We’re here for the BOOS. This innovative beverage cooler will spook your guests as eerie fog seeps out of your wicked pumpkin while keeping your beverages (non-alcoholic or alcoholic) chilled as you boogie the night away!
*Adult supervision is suggested while handling dry ice.
- 1 large pumpkin
- Cutting knife
- Dry ice
- Any beverage of your choice
- Gut and clean your pumpkin.
- Trace the bottom of the beverages you are using to ensure the opening is the proper size.
- Make as many holes as you desire. Feel free to get creative and add any additional carvings.
- Insert beverages into their placeholder.
- Carefully handle dry ice, place inside the pumpkin, and add a splash water to create smoke.
Don’t have time to carve a pumpkin or want to deal with the mess? No worries, just slap on a pack of your favorite shiny, metallic tattoos and have the flashiest pumpkin this Halloween season!
- 1 pumpkin
- Adhesive tattoos
- Sponge or damp cloth
- Wipe down your pumpkin, removing any dirt or dust.
- Arrange the tattoos in any way on the pumpkin.
- Follow tattoo instructions or press damp cloth on tattoo and hold for 10-15 seconds.
- Carefully peel off paper backing and enjoy!
As a result, some lightly sweetened brands of granola are starting to emerge. Mr. Bellatti, the dietitian, said he often recommends Mamma Chia’s Vanilla Almond granola, which has about 10 grams of sugar per cup. Read more…
I bring these bite-size energy balls with me when I’m on the go, and they take just minutes to whip up! They’re made with Mamma Chia Organic Chia Seeds, which provide a satiating mix of protein, fiber, and healthy fat. Read more…
Suspended chia seeds are kind of an amazing drink, especially when they’re suspended in fruit juice or green juice. You can totally make it at home or buy it. Of late, I’ve been pretty obsessed with the new Mamma Chia’s Organic Chia & Greens… Read more…
We love sharing our chia seed recipes with you and wanted to change things up! We reached out to some of our most influential and inspiring brand ambassadors and asked them: “How do you use chia?” We were so delighted by their creativity, we just had to share this round-up of why they love the Magic of Chia®. Check out how they incorporate these tiny powerhouses into their daily lives, and hopefully you will get some recipe inspiration for your own chia seed creations!
- Amie Valpone | The Healthy Apple
2. Andrea | Earthy Andy
- (2) 8 oz. package of pitted dates
- 1 cup coconut sugar or 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp of water (*only add this if using coconut sugar and not maple syrup)
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil (optional)
- 3 Tbsp Mamma Chia Organic Chia Seeds
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1-1 1/2 cups mulberries (or Rice Krispies/oats)
- 1/4 cup organic coconut shreds
- Chop dates until sticky. In a large flat pan mix in water, coconut oil and coconut sugar. Cook on medium to low heat stirring consistently until you reach a paste-like consistency. (This will roughly take about 10 minutes or until you see little bubbles).
- Add vanilla while letting it cool down to touch.
- Mix in chia seeds, coconut, and mulberries (or Rice Krispies).
- Once combined, roll into balls and transfer to a plate with coconut shreds and roll again.
- Store in an air tight container and in the refrigerator.
3. Monette Moio | Sweet Eats
4. Ashley & Brittany | Twins Kitchen
- 1/4 cup Mamma Chia Organic Chia Seeds
- 1 cup almond or any nut milk
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp matcha powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Coconut flakes
- 1/2 banana
Chocolate Avocado Mousse:
- 1 ripe avocado
- Less than 1/4 almond milk
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 4 Tbsp maple syrup
- Whisk chia pudding ingredients together and chill in fridge for 2-3 hours.
- Add avocado mousse ingredients into a food processor and blend until smooth. Chill in the refrigerator until the chia pudding is ready.
- Once chia seeds have created a pudding like consistency begin to layer the pudding into a glass with coconut, bananas, fresh fruit, and top with the chilled avocado mousse you prepared earlier for a nutritious and decadent treat!
- Store any remaining leftovers in an air tight container and place in the refrigerator for later.
- Dig in and enjoy!
Now it’s your turn! How do YOU use chia? We’d love to know! Send us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org and you might just be featured in our next blog post!
Pumpkin spice and everything nice! You bet we are indulging in pumpkin now that fall is here. This spin on pumpkin flavored goodness is a tasty way to blend summer indulgences with the flavors of the season. Trick-or-treat chia-self and whip up a batch of this vegan-friendly ice cream featuring everyone’s favorite fall flavor!
*Ice cream maker is needed to create recipe.
- 2 cups full fat coconut milk (or any other dairy-free alternative)
- 1 1/2 cups organic pumpkin puree
- 1 cup organic coconut sugar
- 1/2 tsp organic ground ginger
- 1 tsp organic cinnamon
- 1 tsp. organic vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- Mamma Chia Cinnamon Pecan Chia Granola Clusters (garnish)
*Ice cream maker is needed to create recipe
- First add coconut milk and pumpkin puree in a medium size bowl. Stir ingredients together.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the bowl, except the granola.
- Transfer mixture into your ice cream maker.
- Let ice cream churn for 15-20 minutes or follow the manufacturers instructions that were included with your ice cream maker.
- Serve in a small bowl or cone and garnish with Mamma Chia Cinnamon Pecan Chia Granola Clusters.
- Transfer remaining ice cream into a freezer safe container and store in freezer.
HAPPY NATIONAL COFFEE DAY!
We like you a latte…so much, that we wanted to share this chia x coffee overnight oats recipe so you can get your fix all in one cup, making it the perfect blend! This brew-tiful two-for-one will not only keep you satisfied until lunch, but will also give you that necessary early morning buzz to get your day started. Change up your regular cup of joe this week and espress-yo love for chia seeds and coffee with this delightful vegan breakfast treat!
- 1/2 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 Tbsp Mamma Chia Organic Chia Seeds
- 1 tsp organic brown sugar
- 1/2 cup organic almond milk
- 1/4 cup Chameleon Cold Brew Black Coffee
- 1 tsp organic vanilla extract
- 1 bag of Mamma Chia Vanilla Almond Granola Clusters
- 2-3 pieces of organic dark chocolate (optional)
- Combine all the ingredients (except the chocolate and granola) into a medium sized bowl and mix together.
- Cover the bowl and place in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours or let it sit overnight.
- Remove from refrigerator when ready to eat. Served cold.
- Garnish with granola clusters and crumbled dark chocolate.
Happy official 1st day of fall! Isn’t it crazy how this semester is nearly half way over? If your fitness routine has been pushed to the side, don’t worry! We’ve got you covered with this quick and easy workout to get you back on track before the holidays arrive. We recommend using a pair of dumbbells for some of the exercises below (weight of your choice). No weights? No problem! Feel free to use two water bottles of the same size. This workout is ideal for any time of day, so do it when it is most convenient for you. Use it as a quick study break, or try it first thing in the morning paired with an Organic Chia Energy Beverage for an added lift! Now, what are you waiting for? Grab a friend for some extra motivation and start getting sweaty!
* Click on any of the movements below for demonstration.
- 1 Minute: Tricep Dips
- 1 Minute: Overhead Shoulder Press (dumbbells)
- 1 Minute: Chest Press (dumbbells)
- 1 Minute: Bicep Curls (dumbbells)
- 1 Minute: Reverse Fly (dumbbells)
- 1 Minute: Pop Squats
- 1 Minute: Curtsy Squats (dumbbells)
- 1 Minute: Forward Lunge (alternate)
- 1 Minute: Wall Sits
- 1 Minute: Calf Raises
School is back in session and souls of all ages are on the go. Staying hydrated and fueled is a must while shuttling between work, school and extra-curricular activities. Psssst…We’ll let you in on a little secret! Our Chia Squeeze will come to the rescue for that mid-morning snack or afternoon pick-me-up, wherever your day takes you. We’ve put together all the different ways to get’chia Squeeze on below and show how you can ‘Seeds the Day’ with the Magic of Chia®.
Looking for some more Chia Squeeze information? Look no further than our Chia Squeeze Infographic:
1. No Need to Refrigerate!
Enjoy at room temperature! Skip the bruised banana and toss a Strawberry Banana Chia Squeeze in your gym bag instead. This non-perishable snack is an excellent source of fiber and protein to pack along with you on your next trip to the fitness studio.
2. Great for Any Diet!
No need to refrigerate! Squeeze more nutrients into your family’s diet. Our Chia Squeeze is gluten-free and vegan friendly, allowing everyone to benefit from the Magic of Chia®.
3. Take it On-the-go!
School is back in session and Mamma is on the go. Slip this energy boosting snack in a purse or clutch as each pouch is packed with 1200mg of Omega-3s to help Mamma refuel and power through the day.
4. Treat Yourself…
…with this delightful frozen treat! Pop a pouch in the freezer for a nutritious cool down or indulge in something extra special like a Berry Chia Yogurt Pop.
5. Get-Chia Greens
Add a little extra MAGIC to your little soul’s lunchbox with our Green Magic Chia Squeeze. Sneak in some power greens with this pouch that contains kale, spirulina, and chlorella making it an ideal after-school powerhouse snack to curb hunger in between meals.
6. Come Fly with Me
Pack light during your travels whether you’re headed for a vacation getaway or business trip. This 3.5 oz pouch is airport friendly. Throw it in your carry-on tote and breeze through security. Instead of the airline snack pack, get a burst of nutrients with Mamma Chia’s Organic Squeeze snack.
Sun “so hot it will melt your Popsicle”…or your ice cream in this case! Summer is officially a wrap after Labor Day weekend. Treat chia-self and your guests one last time during the holiday weekend with a creamy homemade treat! This marbled blueberry ice cream with hints of lavender and coconut goodness will have everyone melting over this delightful dessert. Take one scoop, two scoops, maybe even three! There’s plenty to go around for everyone to cool off with!
* This recipe requires an ice cream maker to create a creamy-like consistency.
- 2 cans of full fat organic canned coconut milk or organic cream
- 1/2 cup organic coconut milk
- 1/3 cup organic blue agave
- 1 tsp organic vanilla extract
- 2 tsp dried organic culinary lavender
- 1 1/2 cups organic blueberries
- 2 Tbsp organic brown sugar
- Optional: Wild Blueberry Chia Granola Clusters as a topping
- Add canned coconut, coconut milk, and agave to a medium saucepan. Heat the ingredients on low and slowly bring to a simmer being careful not to boil. Once ingredients start to simmer turn off stove and let it cool for a couple minutes.
- Transfer ingredients from the saucepan to a blender and add lavender and vanilla. Blend for a minute or until ingredients are combined.
- Place mixture in a covered container and stow away in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours.
- Blend or mash up your blueberries with a fork and transfer into a small pan with brown sugar over medium heat. Stir together the ingredients until it starts to thicken. After about 15 minutes or when it reaches a syrup like consistency remove from heat, transfer into a covered container and stow in the refrigerator with the ice cream base.
- Pour coconut base into your ice cream maker and churn according to manufacturer’s directions until it reaches a soft serve texture. Ours took about 15-20 minutes. Transfer ice cream into a freezer friendly container filling it only half way with the coconut base. Take out your blueberry sauce and layer it on top. Repeat this again first layering in the coconut and placing the blueberry layer on top. Once tray is filled swirl together the ingredients with a knife or a toothpick to create a marbled look in the ice cream. Once finished cover the ice cream and place into the freezer for 3-4 hours or until the ice cream is hard enough to enjoy!
Let’s jam it out! Chia jam that is. Keep chasing those summer vibes and get your taste buds going with a juicy peach chia jam! Whip up this versatile treat so you can enjoy at all times throughout the day. Spread it across some crisp toast, slap together two pieces of bread with some peanut butter for a PB & chia jelly sandwich, or add a dab of it to a light cracker during your wine and cheese night for a hint of sweetness on your palate.
- 2 organic peaches
- 2 Tbsp organic sweetener of your choice (we used honey)
- 2 Tbsp Mamma Chia Organic Chia Seeds
- 1/2 tsp organic ground cinnamon
- Rinse off your peaches and cut into halves. Skin the outer layer of the peach and remove it’s pit.
- Throw peaches into a blender or food processor with honey added. Slightly pulse the peaches until you reach a consistency of your liking.
- Add 2 tablespoons chia seeds and ½ tsp of cinnamon, stir well.
- Transfer the chia jam into an air tight container and let it sit for at least 3 hours.
- Spread on toast or crackers for a sweet healthy treat!
“Beet, cherries and chia seeds are three of the best foods for runners. Full of antioxidants, nitrates and omega-3’s, these foods have been linked to increased speed, improved endurance and quicker recovery. This little packet serves them all up in one tasty little package, a perfect 70-calorie snack.” -Jessica Sebor, editor in chief Read more…
The start of school is rapidly approaching. And, let’s face it – you aren’t going to be creating homemade lunches from scratch every single day. Fortunately, grocery stores are offering better packaged options that aren’t just good for your health, they give back to the community and planet as well. Here are a few lunchbox upgrades to consider when stocking up for back to school. Read more…
Hip, hip, HOORAY! We’re celebrating Mamma Chia’s birthday this week and of course there has to be cake… chia cake that is! Don’t feel guilty digging in for a spoonful of this tasty Birthday Cake Chia Pudding. Avoid the empty calories and treat chia-self with this classic chia seed treat! Celebrate the Magic of Chia ® with us and create your own decadent dessert with just a handful of ingredients.
- 3 cups organic dairy-free milk
- 2/3 cups Mamma Chia Organic Chia Seeds
- 2 tsp organic vanilla extract
- 1 tsp organic cinnamon
- 3 Tbsp organic agave
- Dash of organic rainbow sprinkles
- Whisk all ingredients together and transfer to small jars or bowls and chill for at least an hour.
- Garnish your chilled pudding with sprinkles of your choice!
Dig in and enjoy!
Top Savory And Sweet Eats From NYC’s 2016 Summer Fancy Food Show
Every summer at the biennial Fancy Food Show, the Javits Center in New York City turns into a massive food hall as thousands of specialty food vendors from across the world occupy the space to showcase their finest culinary goods. The quality and the variety of food items displayed at this year’s show was no exception – these are just a few of my favorite things! Read more…
Power up and give your workout an added boost by consuming chia seeds for energy! A tablespoon of these nutritious seeds are the perfect ingredient to incorporate into pre-workout snacks like protein bites or chia pudding. Our Chia Energy Beverage is also a quick way to hydrate prior to an intense workout, plus you get the added kick of natural caffeine from guayusa. Why does chia give you energy? Well, these tiny seeds are packed with protein, fiber, and omega-3s to provide a balanced ratio of nutrition! Avoid spikes and drops in your blood sugar or insulin levels by consuming these powerful seeds to fuel your body, keeping it happy and satisfied throughout your entire work out.
Combine this pre-workout nutrition with a quick 5 minute ab routine and take your fitness regimen up a notch! Set time aside at the beginning or end of your workout and tighten your core with this speedy combo of exercises for tighter abs. This workout requires no extra equipment, so feel free to get your heart rate pumping wherever your day takes you!
First, warm up your body. Sit back into Child’s Pose to open your hips for a few breaths. Slowly rise to a tabletop position and flow through Cow and Cat Pose to warm up your back and begin to engage your core. Inhale as you drop your belly for Cow and exhale as you arch your back up to the sky, drawing your belly in for Cat. Move one breath to one movement until your body is ready for the core workout.
*Please listen to the wisdom of your body while attempting the following routine. Each movement will be performed non-stop for 1 minute without any pauses in between each exercise.
- Mountain Climbers
Return to a neutral tabletop position and extend one leg out straight behind you, one at a time, to set yourself up into a plank position. Shoulders will be stacked directly over wrists, belly button is drawn up and in towards your spine. Create a straight line with your body and tense your quads to fully engage your body. Have a clock or stopwatch handy to keep track of when you need to switch to the next ab exercise. Start the clock and one knee at a time begin to pull them in towards your chest, alternating each leg for 1 minute. Remember to keep a flat spine throughout this movement and to work at your own pace!
- Superman Planks
In this round, you will alternate between lifting the opposite arm with the opposite leg at the same time, while in a plank position and keeping your core pulled in tight. Begin by lifting your left arm and right leg at the same time until arm is shoulder height and leg is hip height. Switch arms and legs, lifting your right arm and left leg this time. Alternate between each side for 1 minute.
- Side Plank Crunches
Lay on your right side and drop down onto your elbow, being mindful that your shoulder is stacked directly over your elbow with your fingertips pointing in the same direction that you are facing. Spin to the outside of your right ankle and stack the left ankle on top, lifting your hips up to the sky while pressing down with your palm. Extend your left arm overhead and lift the left leg up to match. Crunch your left elbow in to meet your left knee and extend back straight. Repeat this movement for 30 seconds then switch sides. Remember to try to not take any breaks in between transitioning.
- V-Ups Crunch
Take a seat and slowly lower down onto your back one vertebrae at a time. Legs are extended straight, arms are stretched overhead. For 1 minute you will crunch up, bringing your knees in toward your chest as you rise up onto your sitting bones. Lift your heart forward rather than hunching your shoulders, allowing you to use all of your core strength to sit up. Make sure you aren’t using the weight of your arms to hoist you up and keep shins parallel to the sky as you lift.
- Windshield Wipers
Time to target your obliques! Return your back to the floor and extend your arms out to a “T” by your sides. Lift your legs back up if they aren’t already. Keeping your legs as straight as possible above your hips, alternate leaning your legs to the left and right. Remember to pause for a second in the middle before switching to the other side so you are in control and gentle on your lower back. Press into your palms to keep you grounded and stable.
After you’ve completed the ab workout flip over onto your belly and press yourself into Cobra pose to stretch your core and relieve it of the heat you created. Repeat this workout as much as you desire!
Recently, I had the great privilege of reconnecting with Mamma Chia founder and CEO, Janie Hoffman. I reached out after re-reading her brilliant book, Chia Vitality and then using her amazing chia cookbook. Hoffman is one of those rare social entrepreneurs and business leaders who is humble to the core, leads every day with gratitude, and is constantly cultivating her curiosity. Read more…
“There’s nothing you can’t put a chia seed in,” said Janie Hoffman, founder and chief executive officer of Mamma Chia. Her Carlsbad, Calif.-based company offers an assortment of beverages and snacks featuring the nutrient-dense seed. “Chia is neutral in flavor and boosts the nutrients of anything it’s added to,” Ms. Hoffman said. “I put chia in everything in my kitchen.” Read more…
Mamma Chia’s Organic Chia & Greens beverages were chosen as one of the nationwide Buyers’ Picks for 2016 in the Specialty Food Association’s Summer 2016 issue. Our Grateful Greens, a mixture of Kale & Mint and other veggies was chosen as one of the “Better-for-You-Beverages.” Click here to read more!
When the weather warms up, our thoughts drift to seaside frolics with our favorite group of beach-going friends. So, we’ve taken to making our own portable paradise by packing a bag of beach essentials that includes snacks, drinks, and entertainment. Here are five items to bring beachside that’ll keep all your worries at bay. Click here to read more!
Did you think you could only reap the benefits of chia seeds by incorporating them into your snacks and meals? Well, who knew you could actually use chia seeds to create your own DIY spa day! We’ve got a handful of tips about how consuming chia can help your hair, skin and body experience the beauty benefits both inside and out!
Benefits of Chia Seeds for Hair
Our hair, just like chia, is full of protein, which is necessary to keep it strong and thick. Chia seeds are a nutritional powerhouse containing 20% more protein than soy beans, plus added Omega-3’s that are critical to help prevent hair loss. Adding chia seeds, a complete protein, to your diet can help promote luscious locks.
DIY Chia Seed Hair Mask
Give your tresses an extra boost of pampering with this DIY hair mask. Chia seeds are the perfect ingredient to add to any hair mask treatment of your choice since they are able to swell up to 12x their normal size when placed in water. This allows the chia seeds to create a gel like consistency that will hydrate your hair. Get summer ready locks with this hair mask recipe. All that is required is 4 simple ingredients: apple cider vinegar for glossiness, coconut oil to condition, chia seeds for hydration, and honey to smooth.
- 6 Tbsp of organic coconut oil
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- ¾ cup of organic honey
- 1 tsp Mamma Chia Organic Chia Seeds
- Combine all ingredients in a medium sized bowl.
- Pop the bowl in the microwave for 30 seconds to melt the coconut oil so it can be mixed with all the other ingredients. Set aside to cool.
- Gently work a pinch of the hair mask through your ends after shampooing and let it sit for 3-5 minutes. Rinse and enjoy your silky soft hair.
- Store leftovers in small glass container and use whenever you please.
Benefits of Chia Seeds for Skin
Your skin is the largest organ of your body, so it is important to take great care of maintaining healthy, supple skin. Soothe inflammation and calm acne blemishes with a chia face mask. The Omega-3 fatty acids in chia can help aid the healing process of irritated blemish wounds, as well as protect the outer layer of skin from bacteria.
DIY Chia Seed Face Mask
Exfoliate your pores with a refreshing 3 ingredient face mask and rejuvenate your face before you tackle the day. This mask will moisturize dry, sun-kissed skin with the power of chia seeds combined with coconut oil and freshly squeezed lemon juice.
- 2 Tbsp Mamma Chia Organic Chia Seeds
- ½ cup organic coconut oil
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Combine all 3 ingredients in a medium sized mixing bowl.
- Apply mask to face, avoiding contact with eyes. Let mask set for 5-10 minutes to allow the chia seeds to create a gel like consistency.
- Massage your face with a damp, warm washcloth moving in circular motions to exfoliate skin. Rinse off face with warm water and pat dry.
WHY WE LOVE: Perfectly paired strawberries and bananas are combined with fresh beets to make this Chia Squeeze simply irresistible! Seed Your Soul® with this delectable vitality snack wherever your daily journey takes you! Organic chia seeds are infused with delicious fruits and vegetables to create a convenient, fun and tasty snack for active people of all ages. Click here to see the entire article.
“Nutritious snacks are a must when traveling with kids,” says Jillian Michaels. “You don’t have to feed them junk when their blood sugar crashes.” The trainer, 42, chooses fare free of artificial ingredients for daughter Lukensia, 6, and son Phoenix, 4 (with fiancee Heidi Rhoades). Load up on her favorites! Click here to see the entire article.
One word sums up Mamma Chia’s Pinterest page: Inspirational. Mamma Chia taps into that brand gestalt with every board it’s created. Seeds of Knowledge, Gratitude, and Joy are well thought-out, brand-centric examples of those ubiquitous “inspirational sayings” boards you see peppered throughout Pinterest. Click here to read the entire interview.
Inside Look: Chia Vitality Bar - Peanut Butter & Sea Salt
Have you tried our NEW Chia Vitality Bar with only 4g of sugar? Each Organic Chia Vitality Bar delivers 1000mg of Omega-3s, protein, and fiber along with a subtle 4 grams of sugar, making it the perfect bar to power your soul’s purpose. In the infographic below, we break down the ingredients of our Peanut Butter & Sea Salt flavor, blended with creamy peanut butter with just the right amount of savory sea salt to create a tasty, anytime snack! Enjoy!
Looking for some more Chia Vitality Bar information? Look no further than our Chia Vitality Bar Infographic:
- 1 handful = 20% of our daily protein
- Grab a scoop of tasty almonds! Just 1/4 cup provides 11% of your daily fiber.
- How seed-sational! Almonds are not considered a nut but are actually a part of the seed family; technically making them relatives to chia seeds.
- 1 acre if peanuts can make 30,000 peanut butter sandwiches. That’s nutty!
- Did you know that peanuts are actually a legume? They’re related to beans and lentils making them another great source of plant-based protein.
- Peanut Butter
- Pile on that peanut butter! With just 2 tbsp. you’ll consume 8 tasty grams of protein.
- Did someone say peanut butter chia time? About 90% of American households enjoy peanut butter, which pairs deliciously with homemade chia jam!
- Hey there peanut butter lover! Did you know Californain’s consume the most peanut butter over other states!
- Quinoa has 4x more iron than brown rice and 2x more dietary fiber than white rice.
- Get chi-atta here! Quinoa is not actually a grain. It’s a seed related to beets and spinach.
- Sorghum (Sawr-guh m)
- Hosting a movie night? Kick back and pop some sorghum. It’s similar to regular popcorn, but smaller in size.
- Sorghum? It’s a gluten-free grain that is a popular ingredient in many snack foods.
- While 49% of sorghum worldwide is consumed, the remaining 51% has other uses like fuel, industry, and livestock feed.
- Organic Agave
- Move over honey! Agave is vegan-friendly & a great substitute in baking recipes.
- Agave is a low glycemic plant meaning that the carbohydrates won’t cause an unhealthy spike in blood sugar. You’ll also avoid the “sugar rush” side effects caused by other sweeteners.
- Aztecs not only used agave for nourishment, but also incorporated it in ancient healing remedies.
- Chia Seeds
- In Aztec days, this “superfood” was so super that it was often used as currency.
- Stay hydrated and fueled. Chia seeds can absorb more than 12 times their weight in water, making them popular for endurance activities.
- Sea Salt
- Larger crystals and a saltier taste help you reduce your sodium intake.
- Essential for maintaining a balance of electrolytes in your body, sea salt contains approximately 80 elements and minerals.
- Pure sea salt retains all the essential elements from the sea including magnesium, calcium, potassium, iron, zinc, and iodine.
Grateful Greens Smoothie Bowl
We are celebrating the first week of spring with this tasty green smoothie bowl packed with refreshing fruit, veggies and a splash of our Magical Chia & Greens beverage! Fire up that blender, grab a bowl, pile on toppings, and enjoy this green goodness we had to share!
Smoothie Bowl Base:
- 1 organic pineapple spear
- 1 large organic banana
- 1 small organic lime wedge w/skin
- 1 peeled organic tangelo or small orange
- 1 tbsp organic agave nectar
- 1 cup organic spinach
- 1/4 cup Organic Chia & Greens – Grateful Greens
- 1 1/2 cup ice (add more if base is not thick enough)
Smoothie Bowl Toppings:
- organic pineapple
- organic strawberry
- organic banana
- shredded organic coconut
- Mamma Chia Organic White Chia Seeds (of course!)
- add anything your taste buds desire and be creative!
- Combine all smoothie bowl base ingredients into the blender, adding ice last
- Blend until your ingredients have reached a thick consistency
- Pour smoothie bowl base into a bowl and add your favorite toppings!
Mamma Chia Joyful Greens was featured in Phil’s Food Reviews as a Pick of the Week! We caught up with Janie Hoffman, Mamma Chia Founder and CEO, to find out more about how this hit new product was developed.
Click here to read the entire interview.
One such emerging brand tapping into consumers’ desire for new and interesting products that engage consumers in culinary, wellness and fresh experiences is Mamma Chia. Hartbeat recently sat down with Janie Hoffman, Mamma Chia founder and CEO, to chat about the company’s roots and consumer reactions to its unique offerings. Click here to read the entire interview.
Mamma Chia is delighted to announce the designation of March 23 as National Chia Day. This day will recognize the tiny, yet powerful chia seed that has earned its reputation as being one of the most nutrient-rich foods on the planet. To celebrate the first annual National Chia Day on March 23, 2016, Mamma Chia will help followers “get their chia on” with Instagram giveaways (@MammaChia), 23-percent off discounts on all orders, as well as free shipping on orders over $23 placed on www.ShopMammaChia.com. Read more …