Mamma Chia is disrupting the beverage aisle again with the launch of Chia Protein Smoothies, which combine organic ground chia seeds with organic fruit purees and organic coconut cream. A harmonious blend of sweet and tart flavors, the coconut cream based Chia Protein Smoothies offer a delicious and powerful trifecta of 1000mg Omega-3s, 12g of plant-based protein and 4g of MCTs. Read more …
A quality nosh that also pays it forward? These companies give a whole new meaning to smart snacking. Mamma Chia offers high quality, organic chia-based foods that are both healthy and help towards sustainability. Mamma Chia is a member of 1% For the Planet and a founding member of Slow Money. Read more.
Janie Hoffman, Mamma Chia CEO and founder, shares her thoughts on how to stay true to her mission. “‘Consumers vote with their dollars. They want to support like-minded businesses they can trust.” Read more.
Khloé Kardashian is not letting hunger in between meals get the best of her. The Keeping Up with the Kardashians star says it’s not always easy to choose the perfect snack, but she’s developed an arsenal of her go-to picks when hunger strikes.
Creator of the first ready-to-drink chia beverage is adding Ginger Lime, Blueberry Pomegranate and the first-ever chia-based Lemon Iced Tea to its pioneering line of Chia Vitality Beverages. Read more …
Mamma Chia Blackberry Bliss Chia Squeeze featured on The Today Show! Redbook announced their 2017 Best Snack Awards and Blackberry Bliss Chia Squeeze was selected as Best Low-Calorie Snack of 2017!
Mamma Chia Wild Blueberry Clusters “I’d never had gluten-free granola before tasting Mamma Chia’s, but this has such a wonderful, crunchy texture. It doesn’t have a hint of blueberry—it really tastes like blueberries, and I love that. I had to stop myself from eating the entire bag.” Read more…
These Are the Absolute Best Snacks You Can Buy Right Now! Tastiest Low-Cal Snack: Mamma Chia Blackberry Bliss Chia Squeeze. Don’t be fooled by the kiddie squeeze pouch. You get a pop of real blackberries, and chia seeds are a nutritional powerhouse that delivers… Read more…
Mamma Chia Organic Chia Squeeze: Chia seeds aren’t just for your health-crazed cousin anymore. These highly portable flavored pouches are packed with nutrients, and come in six delicious flavors including Mango Coconut, Strawberry Banana, and Blackberry Bliss. Read more… Read more…
Following decades of trying numerous regimens to try to get a handle on serious health issues, Mamma Chia founder Janie Hoffman was introduced to yet another superfood ancient grain: chia. The versatility of this little seed, packed with Omega-3s, antioxidants, fiber, protein, and calcium, makes it an easy addition to limitless foods and recipes. Read more… Read more…
We love when our products can be used in alternative ways! Our Chia Squeeze is no exception and is not only great for a grab-n-go snack, but, as you’ll see below, can be a great addition to some recipes!
California Country Gal’s Annabelle Lee is back to share a recipe that uses our Chia Squeeze in a new and unique way! Check out her recipe for a delicious Grain Free Bread Pudding that is a great breakfast or dessert for your holiday crowd!
“I love my Mamma Chia Squeeze Pouches for grab-and-go treats, but they also make great quick and easy sauces!”
- 1 loaf Rustic or Sandwich Bread made from California Country Mix
- 1/2 cup of your favorite nuts such as macadamias, walnuts or pecans
- 1 1/2 cups of your favorite fruit such as chopped apple, orange or blueberries
- 2 large eggs
- 2 1/2 cups coconut milk or heavy cream
- Sweetener to equal 1/2 cup sugar, I used erythritol/monk fruit blend
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1/3 teaspoon stevia
- 1 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- Cut the crusts off the bread, (dry them for bread crumbs or treat the crusts to your dogs!
- Cut the bread into 1/2 inch pieces (no need to dry the bread out)
- Coat an 8-inch square baking dish or 8-9-inch deep dish pie pan with butter
- Add the bread cubes, nuts and chopped fruit, toss lightly
- Whisk together the rest of the ingredients and carefully pour over the bread cubes
- Cover with plastic wrap and gently press down to submerge all the bread
- Let rest at least 2 hours on the counter (or up to 24 hours in the refrigerator
- Heat the oven to 350˚ and bake 40-50 minutes, until the top is brown and the center is set
- Serve warm with Chia Bourbon Sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 package of your favorite Chia Squeeze; I used Coconut Mango
- Your favorite sweetener, to taste. I used stevia drops
- 1-2 tablespoons bourbon (optional)
Melt the butter in a small saucepan and whisk in the rest of the ingredients.
Homemade gifts are truly the most special, especially ones that seed your skin! Why not spend time this holiday season, crafting your own handmade scrub, with the help of Mamma Chia! Our Cranberry Chia Sugar Scrub is the perfect gift to share with co-workers, teachers, neighbors, and family! Simple and easy to make, we promise this will be a go-to for all occasions.
Oh, and don’t forget to make a jar for yourself!
Need Need Need!
- 1 cup Organic Granulated White Sugar
- 1/4 cup Organic Coconut Oil or Olive Oil
- 1 oz of Mamma Chia Organic Chia Seeds
- 12 ml Organic Cranberry Seed Essential Oil. You can order it here ( if you want to make other scents we recommend lavender or mandarin
- Mason jars or Bail jars
- For color: We used strawberry gelatin mix but food coloring, hibiscus powder, or any sort of natural tint used in baking will work
Get to it!
TIP: If using coconut oil make sure to melt on the stove top or in the microwave.
The sugar should be wet but not soupy. If too much coconut oil is used, the mixture will solidify once the coconut oil returns to room temperature.
TIP: If you are using olive oil skip the first two steps.
Mamma Chia, creator of the first-to-market chia beverage and celebrated chia innovator, today announced the addition of four executive team members: Ken Vargha, executive vice president of sales and marketing; Lance Dermeik, vice president of operations; Steve Polzin, director of sales; and Brenda Quesada, director of R&D & technical services. Read more …
As a result, some lightly sweetened brands of granola are starting to emerge. Mr. Bellatti, the dietitian, said he often recommends Mamma Chia’s Vanilla Almond granola, which has about 10 grams of sugar per cup. Read more…
I bring these bite-size energy balls with me when I’m on the go, and they take just minutes to whip up! They’re made with Mamma Chia Organic Chia Seeds, which provide a satiating mix of protein, fiber, and healthy fat. Read more…
Suspended chia seeds are kind of an amazing drink, especially when they’re suspended in fruit juice or green juice. You can totally make it at home or buy it. Of late, I’ve been pretty obsessed with the new Mamma Chia’s Organic Chia & Greens… Read more…
“Beet, cherries and chia seeds are three of the best foods for runners. Full of antioxidants, nitrates and omega-3’s, these foods have been linked to increased speed, improved endurance and quicker recovery. This little packet serves them all up in one tasty little package, a perfect 70-calorie snack.” -Jessica Sebor, editor in chief Read more…
The start of school is rapidly approaching. And, let’s face it – you aren’t going to be creating homemade lunches from scratch every single day. Fortunately, grocery stores are offering better packaged options that aren’t just good for your health, they give back to the community and planet as well. Here are a few lunchbox upgrades to consider when stocking up for back to school. Read more…
Recently, I had the great privilege of reconnecting with Mamma Chia founder and CEO, Janie Hoffman. I reached out after re-reading her brilliant book, Chia Vitality and then using her amazing chia cookbook. Hoffman is one of those rare social entrepreneurs and business leaders who is humble to the core, leads every day with gratitude, and is constantly cultivating her curiosity. Read more…
“There’s nothing you can’t put a chia seed in,” said Janie Hoffman, founder and chief executive officer of Mamma Chia. Her Carlsbad, Calif.-based company offers an assortment of beverages and snacks featuring the nutrient-dense seed. “Chia is neutral in flavor and boosts the nutrients of anything it’s added to,” Ms. Hoffman said. “I put chia in everything in my kitchen.” Read more…
When the weather warms up, our thoughts drift to seaside frolics with our favorite group of beach-going friends. So, we’ve taken to making our own portable paradise by packing a bag of beach essentials that includes snacks, drinks, and entertainment. Here are five items to bring beachside that’ll keep all your worries at bay. Click here to read more!
WHY WE LOVE: Perfectly paired strawberries and bananas are combined with fresh beets to make this Chia Squeeze simply irresistible! Seed Your Soul® with this delectable vitality snack wherever your daily journey takes you! Organic chia seeds are infused with delicious fruits and vegetables to create a convenient, fun and tasty snack for active people of all ages. Click here to see the entire article.
Memorial Day is almost here — can you believe it? As the unofficial kick-off of summer, we tend to overindulge on summery classics that aren’t the healthiest for us (hot dogs and ketchup anyone?). We wanted to share some of festive classics with a slightly healthier (and chiarrific!) twist, all while still staying true to the red, white and blue!
Cheesecake Filled Strawberries With Chia
- 24 large, fresh organic strawberries
- 1 (8oz) package organic cream cheese, room temperature or softened slightly
- ½ cup organic powdered sugar
- 1 tsp organic vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp finely grated lemon zest
- 2 Tbsp organic white chia seeds
- ½ cup fresh blueberries
- Wash your strawberries, then cut the stems from the strawberries, so the strawberries can sit cut-side down.
- On the opposite side of the strawberrry, cut an”X” from the tip down, being careful not to cut all the way through.
- Mix the cream cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla, lemon zest and lemon juice in a bowl until soft and fluffy.
- Gently open up each strawberry and pipe the filling inside using a pastry bag or plastic sandwich bag with a star piping tip.
- Sprinkle with chia seeds and top with a blueberry. These are best served after the strawberries have been chilled for at least an hour.
Dressed Up Deviled Eggs With Chia
- 12 organic, cage free eggs
- 1/3 cup organic Greek yogurt
- 1 Tbsp organic mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp organic Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 2 Tbsp organic black chia seeds
- 2 tsp organic vinegar
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 tsp natural, plant-based red food coloring of choice
- 1 tsp natural, plant-based blue food coloring of choice
- Place eggs in a large saucepan. Cover them with cool water by 1 inch. Slowly bring water to a boil over medium heat; when the water has reached a boil, cover and remove from heat. Let sit 12 minutes.
- Drain eggs and place back in saucepan. Make an ice bath and let sit for 15 minutes. This will allow the eggs to easily peel.
- Peel and cut your hard boiled eggs (make sure they are cooled down), placing yoke in a bowl.
- For the red dye, combine 1 cup boiling water with 1 tsp. vinegar and 1 tsp. red dye in a medium bowl. For the blue dye, combine 1 cup boiling water with 1 tsp. vinegar and 1 tsp. blue dye in another medium bowl.
- Place 4 eggs in the red dye bowl, and another 4 eggs in the blue dye bowl. Let sit for 10 minutes, remove and then pat dry. We recommend repeating this step to ensure brightly colored, vibrant eggs.
- In a separate mixing bowl, mix together egg yolks, Greek yogurt, mayonnaise, and salt. Scoop into eggs, or pipe them using a pastry bag or zip-top bag with a piping tip
- Sprinkle with chia seeds and paprika (if desired). Enjoy!
Red, White and Blue Sangria With Chia
- 1/3 cup organic turbinado sugar
- 2 cups organic blueberries, divided
- 1 cup loosely cut organic strawberries
- 1 bottle (750 ml) rosé
- 1/2 cup bourbon
- 2 Tbsp. Grand Marnier
- 1/3 cup Blackberry Hibiscus Vitality Beverage
- 3 cups sliced fruit: we used peaches, lemon, and strawberries
- In a small bowl, combine 1/3 cup turbinado sugar with 1/3 cup hot water to create a simple syrup.
- Pour simple syrup into blender, add 1 cup blueberries and blend until smooth. Pour mixture directly into pitcher (option to strain out solids to extract as much liquid as possible before pouring into pitcher).
- Pour the remaining blueberries into the pitcher, along with the cut strawberries. Then add the bottle of rosé, bourbon, Grand Marnier, Blackberry Hibiscus and sliced fruit.
- Stir and place in the refrigerator to chill for at least 2 hours before serving. Enjoy!
“Nutritious snacks are a must when traveling with kids,” says Jillian Michaels. “You don’t have to feed them junk when their blood sugar crashes.” The trainer, 42, chooses fare free of artificial ingredients for daughter Lukensia, 6, and son Phoenix, 4 (with fiancee Heidi Rhoades). Load up on her favorites! Click here to see the entire article.
One word sums up Mamma Chia’s Pinterest page: Inspirational. Mamma Chia taps into that brand gestalt with every board it’s created. Seeds of Knowledge, Gratitude, and Joy are well thought-out, brand-centric examples of those ubiquitous “inspirational sayings” boards you see peppered throughout Pinterest. Click here to read the entire interview.
Mamma Chia Joyful Greens was featured in Phil’s Food Reviews as a Pick of the Week! We caught up with Janie Hoffman, Mamma Chia Founder and CEO, to find out more about how this hit new product was developed.
Click here to read the entire interview.
One such emerging brand tapping into consumers’ desire for new and interesting products that engage consumers in culinary, wellness and fresh experiences is Mamma Chia. Hartbeat recently sat down with Janie Hoffman, Mamma Chia founder and CEO, to chat about the company’s roots and consumer reactions to its unique offerings. Click here to read the entire interview.
Mamma Chia is delighted to announce the designation of March 23 as National Chia Day. This day will recognize the tiny, yet powerful chia seed that has earned its reputation as being one of the most nutrient-rich foods on the planet. To celebrate the first annual National Chia Day on March 23, 2016, Mamma Chia will help followers “get their chia on” with Instagram giveaways (@MammaChia), 23-percent off discounts on all orders, as well as free shipping on orders over $23 placed on www.ShopMammaChia.com. Read more …
Mamma Chia Athlete Spotlight: Adam Kimble
On February 15th, Mamma Chia sponsored athlete and “ultrarunner” Adam Kimble will attempt to beat the Guinness World Record for the fastest crossing of America on foot (a record that has stood still for 36 years)!
The standing record was set by American Frank Giannino Jr., who ran from San Francisco to New York from September 1st to October 17th, 1980. Giannino’s journey lasted 46 days, 8 hours and 36 minutes. Adam hopes to complete the trek in 45 days or less. Wow!
His course begins in Huntington Beach, California, and will finish in New York City. Adam will run through a total of 16 states with an estimated distance of 3,030 miles.
We are absolutely thrilled to be supporting him through this incredible endeavor. We hope that through our support, Adam will maintain the strength and stamina he needs to achieve his goal.
“Our journey across the country will require an immense amount of mental and physical endurance,” said Adam. “The magic of Mamma Chia’s organic foods and beverages will not only give me energy and strength for my body, but for my mind as well!”
Loaded with protein, fiber, Omega-3s and more, we hope that our products will serve as the fuel to power his soul’s purpose!
What is his purpose? He hopes to inspire people all over the world to pursue their passions, to push the limits of his mind and body, and finally, to raise awareness of impossible2Possible (i2P), a nonprofit dedicated to educating, inspiring, and empowering youth to reach beyond their perceived limit and achieve the “impossible.”
Want to join Adam along the way? Link up with him via Gociety.
Mamma Chia NEW Chia & Greens is Phil Lempert’s – the Supermarket Guru’s – Pick of the Week! Phil loves the organic Chia & Greens Joyful Greens, a delicious mix of organic chia, broccoli, lemongrass and ginger!
Coconut Yogurt Parfait by Connor Haris
Happy Healthy New Year!
This chia-licious Coconut Yogurt Parfait is a fun way to fuel up and get back on track with our 2016 health goals. Big thanks to our favorite male vegan Instagrammer @connorharis for inspiring us with this beautiful creation! Who knew healthy eating could look good and taste even better!?
- 16 oz. of plain or vanilla flavored coconut yogurt
- Granola of your choice (pairs wonderfully with our Vanilla Almond Chia Granola Clusters)
- 1/3 cup Mamma Chia Organic Black Chia Seeds
- 1 Tbsp. of added sweetener of your choice (optional)
- Mixed berries of your choice
- Create your chia seed gel by simply mixing 1/3 cup of chia seeds with 8 oz. of water + a tablespoon of any added sweetener you prefer (or 8 oz. milk of your choice for chia pudding), let it sit aside for 15 minutes to let the chia seeds soak and expand into a pudding like consistency.
- Gather your other ingredients and begin to layer your parfait in any order you desire.
- Dig in and enjoy!
About the author:
Connor Haris is a teen food Instagrammer who started his health journey at the age of 13 after facing multiple life threatening diseases and mental issues. Connor created his YouTube channel and Instagram to document his journey and share his experiences with his followers. Connor’s Instagram @connorharis has reached an audience of over 13 thousand and growing, and his YouTube channel has over 100 thousand views.
“I want to give people hope that living a healthy and compassionate lifestyle is not just possible for all ages but is also an extraordinary and vibrant way of living.”
Organic is Non-GMO
We love our Mamma Chia community and enjoy the authentic connections and personal interactions we share. One of the questions we often get is whether Mamma Chia products are Non-GMO. Being Non-GMO is part of the USDA Certification process, so as all Mamma Chia products are USDA Organic, they are naturally Non-GMO too!
What does it mean to be Organic?
USDA Certified Organic products are produced without the use of toxic pesticides and fertilizers, antibiotics, synthetic hormones, genetic engineering, sewage sludge (yes! that’s a conventional farming input), or irradiation. Yay! Who wants that?!
And, in order for Organic farms and processors to get certified they:
- Do not use genetically modified ingredients
- Preserve natural resources and biodiversity
- Support animal health and welfare
- Provide access to the outdoors so that animals can exercise their natural behaviors
- Only use approved materials
- Receive annual onsite inspections
- Separate organic food from non-organic food
What does it mean to be Non-GMO (Non-Genetically Modified)?
Foods that are Non-GMO are free from genetically modified organisms (GMOs) and are not created in a laboratory using genetic engineering techniques.
Is Non-GMO always Organic?
No, it’s not! Non-GMO is one of the many benefits you get when you buy organic, but just because a product is Non-GMO, does not mean it is also organic.
Mamma Chia is a passionate supporter of the labeling of genetically modified foods and believe everyone should have the opportunity to make informed choices about what goes into their bodies – because we love Mamma Earth and her people!
According To Janie Hoffman Of Mamma Chia
If part of your New Year’s resolution was to live better and eat healthier, chances are you’ve come across chia seeds in wanderings for nutritious snacks. They’re having a bit of a food moment and for good reason. Not only do they play well with other ingredients, but they also offer a host of health benefits. We got the deets on chia seeds from Janie Hoffman, founder of Mamma Chia. Read more…
If you haven’t experienced Mamma Chia’s drinks, you’re missing out. Ever since the recent explosive popularity of chia seeds and all of their health benefits, Mamma Chia has been flying off the shelf. And for good reason, their drinks are so delicious and unlike any other drink on the planet. Read more…
Vegan Buckwheat Pomegranate Pancakes
This delightful breakfast for chia-mpions will be sure to fill your hungry belly! Thanks to one of our favorite vegetarian Instagrammers groundedgoddesskitchen for showing us how to create these scrumptious Vegan Buckwheat Pomegranate Pancakes – a chia-licious breakfast recipe for every soul to enjoy!
I love making this buckwheat pancake recipe on weekends and adding whatever I have on hand. This time, I added pomegranate seeds, unsweetened coconut, raw almond butter and an extra dash of cinnamon. They’re hearty but light and not too sweet. I hope you’ll love them as much as I do!
INGREDIENTS: (Recipe serves 1 – feel free to double or triple if making for others.)
- 1/3 cup buckwheat flour
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tbsp Mamma Chia Organic Black Chia Seeds
- 1 scoop vanilla plant based protein powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- Nutmeg, to taste
- Cinnamon, to taste
- Simply mix the listed ingredients together to create your batter, letting it sit for 3-5 minutes while your non-stick skillet is warming up.
- Once non-stick skillet is warm, add your batter and cook for 2-3 minutes. Make sure to add the banana slices in before flipping. You’ll know they’re ready to flip once bubbling and the bottom edges start to brown. After cooking for another minute or so (once flipped), they’re ready!
About the author:
Jess Meltzer is a twenty-something California girl new to NYC. After being raised in a vegetarian household, health + wellness became a larger and larger force in her life post-college. She completed her 200-HR Yoga Teacher Training through Yogaworks last fall, started her Instagram account @groundedgoddesskitchen this spring and is now working in Dumbo, Brooklyn as mindbodygreen‘s Social Media Manager. She’s living her dream life, and then some.
Mamma Chia, the pioneer of the chia revolution, is launching a new line of Organic Chia Vitality Bars with just four grams of sugar! Each lightly-sweetened bar is a tasty anytime snack that delivers the powerful nutrients of chia in a great-tasting quartet of delicious new flavor combinations. These yummy bars are great for an on-the-go breakfast, packed in a healthy lunch, tucked in a gym bag for a pre- or post-workout snack, or anytime you need to power your soul’s purpose. Read more …
Janie Hoffman launched a revolution in 2009 when she boldly took chia seeds from the bulk section to the beverage cooler. The color, unique look and even the gelled texture captured customers and created a category that practically stands on its own as food-makers followed her lead and added chia boosters or put the seeds center stage in new products. Read more…
Mamma Chia Bottles as Kitchen Decor by The Resource Girls
Is there anything more magical than the warm and inviting smell of snickerdoodle cookies? We think not 😉
We’re thrilled to share our healthy take on this cinnamon-sugar holiday classic! These vegan Chia Snickerdoodle Bites are just as soft, chewy and tasty as the classic recipe – we promise! The secret ingredient? Chia, of course! When chia is hydrated to the right consistency, it forms a gel that’s as thick and smooth as an egg. That makes chia a perfect egg replacement in baking! To replace one large egg, combine one tablespoon chia seeds with three tablespoons of room-temperature purified water. You’ll see just how Magical chia can be after tasting these yummy treats!
- ½ cup room-temperature organic vegan butter (we used Earth Balance!)
- ¾ cup organic white granulated sugar
- ½ tsp. organic vanilla extract
- 2 “chia eggs” (2 Tbsp. Mamma Chia Organic White Chia Seeds + 6 Tbsp. room-temperature purified water)
- 1¾ cup organic unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. cream of tartar
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. pink Himalayan salt
- 2 Tbsp. organic white granulated sugar
- 2 tsp. organic ground cinnamon
- In a small bowl, whisk together the chia seeds and water and let stand for about 20 minutes until a gel forms. This creates the “chia eggs.”
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place the butter and sugar in a medium mixing bowl. Using a hand-held electric mixer (or stand mixer), beat on medium-high with the whisk attachment until light and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes. With mixer on medium speed, add in “chia eggs” and vanilla extract and beat until fluffy again, scraping the sides as necessary.
- Combine the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt in a medium mixing bowl and mix well. Add to the wet ingredients and gently stir in with a large spoon until everything is mixed well.
- Combine the 2 Tbsp. sugar and 2 tsp. cinnamon in a medium bowl. Take 1 Tbsp. of dough and roll in your hands to make a smooth ball. Roll the ball in the cinnamon sugar mixture until evenly coated. Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, until puffy. They should be cracked on the edges, but still very soft.
- Let cool for 10 minutes, and enjoy!
Cranberry Cinnamon Chia Whiskey Sour
Chia-eers to the holidays!
We are ready to sit down, relax, and celebrate our gratitude this Thanksgiving! What better addition to your turkey dinner than a refreshing Cranberry Cinnamon Chia Whiskey Sour? This Mamma Chia libation combines tart cranberries and lemons with our sweet Cranberry Lemonade Vitality Beverage – that includes all the nutritious benefits of chia seeds for that guilt-free twist to your holiday toast.
- 1 Mamma Chia Cranberry Lemonade Vitality Beverages
- 3/4 cup bourbon or whiskey (we used Venus Spirit’s Single Malt Whiskey)
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- Handful of ice
- Dash of organic cinnamon
- Cinnamon sticks to garnish
- Fresh cranberries to garnish
- Add Mamma Chia Cranberry Lemonade, whiskey, cinnamon, lemon juice and ice to a cocktail shaker, shaking vigorously for roughly 30 seconds.
- Pour into 4 glasses. Tip: do not use the strainer when pouring out to prevent the chia seeds from sticking.
- Rim each glass with cinnamon and add cranberries, lemon rinds, or cinnamon sticks as an extra garnish if you’d like.
Chia-eers and Happy Thanksgiving!
Lemon Dill Chia Dressing
Did someone say “Healthy Thanksgiving?” One of our favorite vegan bloggers Vegetaryn shows us how to make this tasty Lemon Dill Chia Dressing – a delightful side dish for your Thanksgiving table!
Chia seeds are awesome, nutritious, and tasty! I love them in my water, on my oatmeal, in a cracker, or on my salad. Chia seeds are pretty much great for anything, and I will be sharing one of my favorite recipes, Lemon Dill Chia Dressing.
- 1 tsp. Sriracha
- 1 tbsp. Mamma Chia organic Chia Seeds
- 4 organic Lemons
- 3 tbsp. organic Apple Cider Vinegar
- 4 tbsp. fresh, organic Dill
- First, juice 4 Lemons.
- Then mix the lemon juice with 3 tbsp. of Apple Cider Vinegar.
- Add 1 tsp. of Sriracha to the mix.
- Add 1 tbsp. of Mamma Chia’s Organic Chia Seeds.
- Let sit over night, covered, in the refrigerator.
- The next day add 4 tbsp. of fresh, chopped Dill.
- Serve or toss dressing with a salad. Personally, I like to use romaine, tomatoes, cucumbers, & chick peas.
About the author:
Vegetaryn (www.vegetaryn.com) is a place for people to find resources and inspiration on the journey to creating a healthy lifestyle. Food sustains our planet and all life on it, it nourishes us and should be exciting, social and comforting. Vegetaryn will help you will find new, delicious ways to support your mind, body, and soul with whole, plant-based foods. This website contains free, easy-to-follow recipes, grocery shopping lists, suggestions for eating at restaurants (including fast food), an ask the doctor section and a merchandise shop! Throughout the year a portion of Vegetaryn sales are donated to various organizations, such as, PCRM, Animal Place, and Beagle Freedom Project. To learn more about Vegetaryn, click here!
Mamma Chia, a leading producer of organic, chia-based foods and beverages, made its second appearance at the National Association of Convenience Stores show. In a video interview filmed at the event, Matt Buckley, Mamma Chia’s senior vice president of sales and marketing, discussed the company’s foray into convenience stores, noting that the retailing channel may offer access to millennial consumers. Read more…
Spooktacular Chia Slime
Get your little monsters excited for this gooey, chemical-free chia slime inspired by Fun at Home with Kids. Chia is so magical who knew it can also be a hands on activity that can be incorporated into play time? This edible concoction is safe for your little souls (although we suggest you don’t let them go digging in as well as parental supervision during play time)!
Your ghouls and goblins will practically be squirming as they stretch and pull their Magical chia glob. This four ingredient slime is a great interactive idea with Halloween right around the corner! To find instructions on how to make our Spooktacular Chia Slime, please visit Fun at Home with Kids.
- ¼ cup Mamma Chia Organic White Chia Seeds
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 16 oz. cornstarch
Enjoy and have a Faboolous time!
Every year at Natural Products Expo West and Natural Products Expo East, editors and trend researchers from New Hope Natural Media and Sterling-Rice Group scour the show floor to find the products and brands they predict will shape the future of the natural products industry. The best of the best receive NEXTY nominations, which recognize the companies that embody not only the most innovative edge of the natural products industry, but also its deeply held social and environmental values. Click here to read the full article.
Chia Pumpkin Overnight Oats
If you couldn’t already tell, we LOVE pumpkin! What do we love more than pumpkin? Pumpkin with chia seeds, of course! Pumpkin, just like chia, is a Magical superfood loaded with fiber and disease-fighting nutrients like magnesium, potassium, Vitamin C and E. However, the star in this fruit is the abundance of carotenoids! In just one ½ cup serving, you get more than 200% the recommended daily intake of alpha-carotene and 100% of the daily recommended intake of beta-carotene!
What better way to enjoy pumpkin than with a delicious bowl of Chia Pumpkin Overnight Oats? These oats are a tasty and effortless way to benefit from the powerful nutrients of pumpkin and chia. Top with our Cinnamon Pecan Chia Granola Clusters and you’ve got a Magical creation!
Makes 2 servings
- 1 cup organic rolled oats (gluten-free oats work great, too!)
- 1 ½ cups organic milk (we love almond or coconut milk!)
- 2 Tbsp. Mamma Chia Organic Black Chia Seeds
- 2 Tbsp. organic honey or maple syrup
- 2 tsp organic vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ tsp of pumpin pie spice
PUMPKIN PIE LAYER
- 1 cup pumpkin purée
- 3 Tbsp organic honey or maple syrup
- 1 ¼ tsp pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ tsp of pink Himalayan salt (to boost flavor)
- Mamma Chia Cinnamon Pecan Chia Granola Clusters
- Mamma Chia Organic White Chia Seeds
- Sliced banana
- Honey or maple syrup drizzle
- Mix ingredients together for overnight oats in a large bowl. Use a whisk to evenly distribute the chia seeds within the oats. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator overnight or let sit for a minimum of 4 hours.
- Combine ingredients for Pumpkin Pie Layer in a separate bowl and mix well.
- In a bowl or mason jar, layer the overnight oats with the pumpkin pie layer on top of each other until desired.
- Add desired toppings and enjoy!
Pumpkin Spice Smoothie Bowl
Fall is in the air, and if you’re like most of us at Mamma Chia HQ, you love the seasonal flavors of pumpkin, nutmeg and cinnamon! Here in sunny San Diego, the weather has yet to cool down, so we put together this Pumpkin Spice Smoothie Bowl to enjoy the flavors of fall without having to drink something hot! This smoothie bowl is delicious for morning fuel or a delightful dessert to end your day. Enjoy!
- 1/2 cup organic canned pumpkin
- 1 organic, overripe frozen banana
- 1 scoop (2 Tbsp.) organic vanilla protein powder
- 1/2 cup organic milk (we love almond or coconut milk!)
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- Mamma Chia Organic Chia Seeds
- Mamma Chia Cinnamon Pecan Chia Granola Clusters
- Organic pepitas
- Organic sliced almonds
- Dash of organic cinnamon
- Blend ingredients together until smooth.
- Pour into a bowl and decorate with toppings as desired!
This product is a hit! 1,000 mg of Omega 3s and 1,000% great taste. This bar is delicious. Packed with blueberries, almonds, macadamia nuts, walnuts, cherries, currants, raisins and, of course, Chia seeds. One bite and you’ll be hooked.
Click here to watch the video clip.
Energy Drinks Are Still Going Strong! Marketers should also note ongoing activity in organic energy drinks. More specialized introductions include Mamma Chia’s Chia Vitality energy drinks with chia seeds, guayusa, and fruit juices. Click here to read the full article.
Chia & Greens Rated 4.5 of 5 by BevNET! With its dark red-colored liquid, the Love Greens variety of Mamma Chia’s USDA Organic certified Chia & Greens line is certainly the most unique looking of the bunch. It’s also the most unique tasting, with the unmistakable flavor of beet juice hitting your palate relatively quickly. Read more…
Strawberry Coconut Chia Popsicles
Big Mamma Chia thanks to our pals at Pura Vida Bracelets for this Magical chia-spiration!
Who knew popsicles could be good for you? Hold onto what’s left of summer with these super easy and protein-packed pops.
Makes 10 servings
2 cups unsweetened coconut milk
4 tablespoons Mamma Chia organic chia seeds
1½ cups diced strawberries
1/2 cup shredded coconut
2 tablespoons honey (more or less depending on taste)
1) Combine all the ingredients in a bowl with a spout (makes pouring easier).
2) Stir until the chia seeds are evenly spread throughout mixture.
3) Refrigerate for 4 hours or until the chia seeds begin to expand.
4) Pour the mixture into popsicle molds (or plastic cups with a popsicle stick inserted in the middle) and freeze overnight.
5) Enjoy a healthy sweet treat whenever you need a cool dose of summer!
Recipe via A Happy Food Dance
Blog post via Pura Vida Bracelets
Chia Seed Facts - INFOGRAPHIC
We put together some of our favorite chia seed facts for you to enjoy!
Looking for some more chia seed information? Look no further than our Chia Seed Facts Infographic:
- Chia seeds are from the desert plant Salvia hispanica, a member of the mint family.
- The Aztecs and Maya were big fans of chia, and consumed it as early as 3,000 BC for healing powers and strength.
- Chia is a superfood! It is neutral in flavor and can be added to virtually any recipe. Plus, it doesn’t need to be ground to benefit from the nutrients.
- Chia is one of the most nutrient rich foods in the world! Here’s some interesting chia seeds nutrition facts:
- In a gram for gram comparison, chia has…
- 8x more Omega-3s than salmon
- 25% more fiber than flax seed
- 30% more antioxidants than blueberries
- 2x more potassium than bananas
- 6x more calcium than milk
- In a gram for gram comparison, chia has…
- Mexico and Guatelmala were the birth place of chia. Today, chia is grown in several other countries including Argentina, Ecuador and Paraguay, to name a few.
- Chia can even be used as a face mask! That’s right! Chia isn’t just good for you on the inside, but can be used as a skin-hydrating treatment too!
- Combine 1/2 cup coconut oil, 1 Tbsp. lemon juice, 2 Tbsp. chia seeds.
“chia seed information” and “chia seeds nutrition facts”
Share this Image On Your Site
Raspberry–Chia Dressed Arugula Salad with Mint and AlmondsSeptember 4, 2015
Looking for the perfect salad for your end of the summer BBQ? Try this fresh recipe!
1/2 cup freshly brewed jasmine green or white tea, at room temperature
2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon (from about 1 small lemon)
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon honey or agave nectar
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1 (6-ounce) package fresh raspberries
1/4 cup Mamma Chia organic white chia seeds
5 cups firmly packed fresh baby arugula (about 5 ounces)
1/2 large English cucumber, unpeeled, and thinly sliced
1/3 cup extra-thinly sliced red onion
1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
3 tablespoons sliced natural almonds, toasted
Place the tea, lemon juice, oil, honey, pepper, salt, and 1/4 cup of the raspberries in a blender. Cover and puree. Pour into a small bowl, stir in the chia seeds, and let stand for about 20 minutes. (Makes 1 1/8 cups raspberry-chia dressing.)
Toss together the arugula, cucumber, onion, and mint in a large bowl. Transfer salad to individual plates or bowls. Taste the raspberry-chia dressing and adjust seasonings. Sprinkle salad with half of the dressing, the remaining raspberries, and the almonds.
Mamma Chia, creator of the first-to-market chia beverage and celebrated chia innovator, has added the Magic of Chia® to the world of green beverages with the introduction of Mamma Chia Organic Chia & Greens. This fresh, new line combines the nutritional powerhouse of chia with vibrant greens, offering category-leading nutrition with great-tasting flavors to provide a delicious, fun, on-the-go beverage. Enjoy as a kick-start to your day, as a revitalizing mid-afternoon pick-me-up or anytime you want that feeling of rejuvenation! Read more ..
The folks at Mamma Chia decided to make a good thing even better with their Chia Squeeze pouches. They took the basic fruit puree base, made it 100% organic, and added hydrated chia seeds to ramp up the nutrition factor with 1200 mg of brain-boosting Omega 3s, 4 grams of fiber and 2 grams of complete protein in every pouch. Read more…
When lots of new products are stocked, Zack Hellmann, 26, swings through a couple of times a week. He hangs out, chats with other customers and sometimes takes home a keeper of a product he’d never noticed at his grocery store, like the Mamma Chia brand vitality snack he sampled. [n.b., Chia Squeeze retail price is $1.79 not $4.00 as reported in the article] Read more…
Mamma Chia’s Clean Energy beverages were featured in the Specialty Food Association’s Summer 2015 issue on Out of the Ordinary Drinks. “Desire for clean energy without the jitters has led to a category of natural energy drinks with guayusa or yerba mate.” Click here to read more!
Mamma Chia’s Organic Chia Granola Clusters was awarded Delicious Living’s 2015 Best Bite award for Best Granola! Available in 3 tasty flavors – Wild Blueberry, Vanilla Almond and Cinnamon Pecan – each serving contains 10g of Protein (Soy free and Dairy free!), is organic, non-GMO and gluten free. Click here to read more!
Mamma Chia Founder & CEO, Janie Hoffman, visited Ken Rutkowski, host of Business Rockstars, for a fun, informative and unpredictable interview! Business Rockstars is carried in over 170 markets and reaches over
1 million viewers daily!
Snack Fairly with These Nine Outstanding Brands: Mamma Chia donates 1 percent of its gross sales to build tenable food systems by supporting farmers and community groups around the world. The company is also… Read more…
Mamma Chia Organic Chia Granola Clusters were selected as a finalist for a 2015 Foodie Award by Vegetarian Times! Available in 3 delicious flavors: Vanilla Almond, Wild Blueberry and Cinnamon Pecan, our Chia Granola Clusters deliver 10g of Protein (Soy and Dairy free!), are gluten-free, Non-GMO and certified Organic! Read more…