Creator of the first ready-to-drink chia beverage is adding Ginger Lime, Blueberry Pomegranate and the first-ever chia-based Lemon Iced Tea to its pioneering line of Chia Vitality Beverages. Read more …
Mamma Chia Blackberry Bliss Chia Squeeze featured on The Today Show! Redbook announced their 2017 Best Snack Awards and Blackberry Bliss Chia Squeeze was selected as Best Low-Calorie Snack of 2017!
Mamma Chia Wild Blueberry Clusters “I’d never had gluten-free granola before tasting Mamma Chia’s, but this has such a wonderful, crunchy texture. It doesn’t have a hint of blueberry—it really tastes like blueberries, and I love that. I had to stop myself from eating the entire bag.” Read more…
These Are the Absolute Best Snacks You Can Buy Right Now! Tastiest Low-Cal Snack: Mamma Chia Blackberry Bliss Chia Squeeze. Don’t be fooled by the kiddie squeeze pouch. You get a pop of real blackberries, and chia seeds are a nutritional powerhouse that delivers… Read more…
There comes a moment when our hearts scream for chocolate. Our minds tell us no, stay away from the sugar packed, processed, artificial deliciousness that is most chocolate candies and treats. We have the solution! Not only is this recipe so easy to make, but it literally will take you ten minutes. Time is of the essence when it comes to consuming chocolate, there is literally no time to waste. So here they are! Our “Too Good To Be Two Ingredient (or vegan) Chocolate Truffles.”
What You Need
1 Cup + 4 Tablespoons Vegan Chocolate
1 Cup Organic Almond Milk (or coconut)
*For our topping we used raw slivered almonds. You can use really anything. Some other options are cocoa powder, powdered sugar, sesame seeds, other sorts of crushed nuts, etc.
For The Filling
Simply chop chocolate
Heat up the almond (or coconut) milk
Pour over chocolate
Chill (or don’t chill and sit and eat it with a spoon, no one says you have to finish these.)
For The Coating
While the filling chill melt straight chocolate in a double boiler
Once they are chilled scoop them and roll into small balls
Dip them into a the melted chocolate and roll around in the almonds
Too good to be just a blueberry smoothie!
You’ll love this bit of purple and red magic to seed your soul. Perfect for mornings or as a snack!
For The Smoothie:
2 Large Handfuls of Frozen or Fresh Blueberries
1 Large Handfuls of Frozen or Fresh Raspberries
2 Ripe Bananas(Use frozen for extra texture)
*Try using half an avocado or frozen mango instead of banana
1/2 cup Organic Apple Sauce
Handful of Ice
1/4 Cup Organic Almond Milk
Blend until you’ve got the blues!
Layer it up!
Create a base with Mamma Chia Vitality Granola
Pour that blues smooth smoothie in
Follow with another layer of granola and pack the top with fresh fruit
Option: add Mamma Chia organic Chia Seed and organic shelled hempseed to the top
NOW EAT IT!
Blackberries are a true super-food, they carry a number of benefits that can reduce intestinal inflammation and protect the body. Many of the micronutrients present in blackberries have antioxidant activity that works to help nuetralize “free radicals,” which can damage the cells and are a major source of disease and aging.
Mamma Chia is always looking for ways to Seed The Soul, and utilize our products and the whole super food ingredients we jam into each one of them. So grab a cup of blackberries, have them as a snack or toss them in your favorite chia breakfast bowl.
To take it one step further, we are giving you a quick easy salad recipe that incorporates our Vitality Blackberry Bliss Squeeze, and fresh Blackberries. Give this recipe a try and make sure to share yours with us!
Organic Roasted Pistachios
Organic Dried Figs
Organic Mamma Chia Seeds
*Optional Goat Cheese
1⁄2 Blackberry Bliss Squeeze
1⁄2 Cup Balsamic Vinegar
1⁄2 Cup Cherry Preserves
1⁄4 Cup Red Wine Vinegar
1 Cup Olive Oil
Dash Pink Himalayan Salt
Dash of Pepper
Make the salad. You got this on dial. Slice those figs, toss on the blackberries, chia seeds, pistachios, and crumble the goat cheese.
For the Dressing
In a medium saucepan on medium high heat add vinegar, until boiling then simmer till reduced by half. (You’re making a reduction) Add preserves and cook 1 minute. Remove from heat and cool to room temperature. Whisk in red wine vinegar, Black Berry Blast Chia Squeeze, and then the olive oil. Season with salt & pepper.
*If you don’t have the time, or the motivation to make the dressing from scratch, this salad pairs well with any sort of balsamic dressing. Simply drizzle the squeeze directly onto the finished salad.
Mamma Chia is all about living a life full of Vitality. That means taking care of ourselves inside, and out. For our last January wellness post we’ve come up with a perfect at home clay mask that does just that.
Throughout history healing clays have been used by numerous cultures to help rid the body of toxins, as well as heal skin, leaving it looking smooth and bright. Mamma’s Mask uses Bentonite Clay, known to absorb and remove toxins, heavy metals, impurities, and chemicals. Bentonite Clay can also help irritation caused from eczema, psoriasis, chicken pox, insect bites, burns, and unwanted blemishes. It’s a unique clay due to its ability to produce an an electrical charge once it comes in contact with liquid. When the liquid is added, the electrical components in the clay change. This is what gives the Bentonite the ability to absorb toxins.
It’s like a science experiment you get to do on your face! So many masks you buy in stores contain this healing clay, or other clays like it. They also contain chemicals and additives our bodies really don’t need to get the job done!
4 Tbsp Braggs Organic Apple Cider Vinegar
5 Tbsp Bentonite Clay Powder (find it at most vitamin shoppes or online)
1-2 Drops Lavender Essential Oil
1-2 Drops Tea Tree Essential Oil
2 Tsp Organic Lemon Juice
*Optional: 2 tsp Raw Honey
Place your lemon juice and apple cider vinegar in one bowl, and your clay in a separate one.
Slowly pour the liquid into the bowl with the clay, as you simultaneously stir the mixture.
Add two to three drops of your lavender, and tea tree essential oils. (This is when you would add the honey.)
Mix until all ingredients are combined. (Make sure there are no clumps of clay that haven’t been mixed in well.)
Apply paste evenly across face. Leave on for about 30 minutes. (If you have sensitive skin, reduce the time to 15 minutes.) Mask should completely dry before removing.
*Do a patch test first for about 10-15 minutes. Even though these ingredients are great for us, everyone’s body reacts differently to different things.
To remove, simply use a wash cloth soaked in warm water. We recommend letting the wash cloth sit on your face for about a minute, giving the heat and moisture time to break apart the hard clay. Next, gently wipe away the mask. Rinse and repeat if needed. We suggest using this Mamma’s Facemask 1-2 times a week.
While 2017 is all about incorporating our mantras, January is all about wellness! This post is aimed at giving you examples of how to turn those mantras into actions. Our overall wellness should be a focal point in every aspect of our lives. From the foods we useto nourish our bodies, to the remedies we use to keep ourselves whole, to creating tidy spaces where we can manifest creativity, maintaining wellness throughout the year is imperative to our personal growth!
To continue with our ideas of being well and living by our mantras, we’ve put together a few ways for you to quickly reset your mind, body, and soul.
Revisit these all year-round, whenever you need to recenter yourself!
I Am Free From Clutter
“The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up” written by Marie Kondo was featured as number one on the New York Times best seller list. Throughout her book she walks readers through a step-by-step process of cleaning up their spaces. Use this mantra to declutter your life. Start simply by discarding unnecessary time wasters on your digital devices. Next, move onto your car, and end with the largest project, your home.
You’ll find with exhaling all we don’t need, we give ourselves space to inhale beauty, contentment, and productivity.
We are firm believers that a clear, well curated, space can help cultivate peace, and serenity, while providing a place to create and inspire ourselves and others.
*You can buy the book HERE
I Am Nourished
There are so many foods we could talk about here. Heck! We could do an entire year’s worth of posts, just on what each food does to nourish our soul, and feed our body. Chia is close to our heart, it’s the reason we love what we do. Any chance to share more about the benefits of these funky little seeds with you, is an opportunity we’ll jump at!
We love the powerful benefits of Chia! Chia seeds are among the most concentrated sources of calcium. In fact, they contain about three times more per ounce than skim milk! Each one of our Mamma Chia Vitality Beverages is jammed packed with a daily dose of Omega-3, 25% of our dietary fiber and 4 grams of complete protein!
Who better to turn to than our friends, who are already incorporating Mamma Chia Seeds into their daily diets.
Now you can too!!
Who said you had to eat a meal with a spoon or fork? Chia seed are a great addition to any healthy smoothie!
From Earthy Andy, Neapolitan Chia Partfait/Smoothie
California Country Gal used our Mango Coconut Chia Squeeze to make Grain Free Bread Pudding
A fan favorite of ours from Instagram @FromMyVeganKitchen shows us how three simple ingredients can turn into a delicious stack of Chia pancakes.
* We love to see how you are nourishing your bodies with the power of Chia! Make sure to tag us and use the hashtag #MammaChia and #MammaChiaMakes to share your recipes with us and the rest of the Mamma Chia family!
I Am Hydrated
Start your mornings off with a big dose of hydration by drinking a cup of hot water with a whole lot of lemon.
1. Lemon water helps rejuvenate dull skin.
2. Drinking lemon water aids in digestion, leaving your tummy feeling better, and you looking less bloated.
3. Lemon water has been known to boost your energy levels while giving you needed vitamin C.
Whether it’s boosting your immune system, or aiding in balancing your body’s PH levels, with water, there’s a little something for everyone!
Infusing your water with fruit is a simple yet effective way to assist in detoxing your body. Not to mention the added flavors make water way more exciting to drink! Chances are, you’ll not only enjoy making these pretty drinks but love the way they taste too!
I fill My Mind, Body, And Soul
In our last post of 2016, we talked about choosing mantras over resolutions. Dedicate time each day to evaluate yourself. A large focus for this year should be whether or not we are truly living our mantras, inviting in all they have to offer us.
Make 2017 and every year after, a year where you fulfill goals, and attract positivity into your life. Set time to keep filling in these bucket lists, as well as giving yourself time to reflect, and find ways to turn these mantras into actions.
Find, or set up, a quiet space to keep only for you and your soul. Spend time here each day, even if it’s only for a few minutes. Meditate on your mantras, and refocus if need be. Work hard with us this year to solidify your daily, weekly, monthly, and life long intentions. Sometimes, we need a simple reset, and a reminder of what we need to fill our mind, body, and soul.
Share with us how you are turning your mantras into actions! We might just share them in our next week’s blog!
Mamma Chia Organic Chia Squeeze: Chia seeds aren’t just for your health-crazed cousin anymore. These highly portable flavored pouches are packed with nutrients, and come in six delicious flavors including Mango Coconut, Strawberry Banana, and Blackberry Bliss. Read more… Read more…
Following decades of trying numerous regimens to try to get a handle on serious health issues, Mamma Chia founder Janie Hoffman was introduced to yet another superfood ancient grain: chia. The versatility of this little seed, packed with Omega-3s, antioxidants, fiber, protein, and calcium, makes it an easy addition to limitless foods and recipes. Read more… Read more…
Cold season, it’s not just about weather my friends. We all know the symptoms we do our best to avoid this time of year. The only way to do it would be to stay cooped up inside, binge watch Netflix, while living off shipments of Mamma Chia Vitality Granola, and Mamma Chia Seed Pudding. As amazing as this does sound, we must all face the world and their stuffy-nose-coughing-faces.
Have no fear Mamma Chian’s we are here to get you through all types of cold this season, and hopefully leave you feeling a bit better. To continue with our Winter Wellness we are making throat drops. Skip buying brands that contain artificial colors and additives we can’t pronounce. These not only taste better, but they’re better for you.
Minimal. Natural. The way an ingredient list should be.
1 cup tea
1 organic lemon (juiced)
1/2 cup manuka honey
1 tbsp cloves (optional)
First, make your tea. For these drops we went with straight Lavender and a Lemongrass Ginger (Earl Grey also works great). Feel free to choose any flavor. Do some research on what each tea can do for your body, and go from there!
Pour that cup of tea into your pot, and stick on the stove top.
* An option which we left out of ours would to be add cloves. The oils in cloves are known to help break down the “cold glue” (eww gunk) in the back of your throat, as well as kill germs.
Squeeze your lemon into the pot (we went with a whole lemon)
Pour in the manuka honey and watch the magic happen!
*Honey is a natural cough suppressant, as well as a great way to soothe the throat.
Allow to boil, strain anything you added, or may have missed (lemon seeds, who knew when you squeezed a lemon seeds came flying out. Note: squeeze lemon into a bowl first, strain seeds as you add it to the pot…)
You want this throat saving potion hot! Try to get the mixture up to 300 degrees. If you don’t have a candy thermometer just hanging out in your kitchen, use a glass of ice water. Drop a tiny bit of the mixture into the glass, if it solidifies, it’s ready.
Carefully spoon the mixture onto parchment paper.
Yours will be better circles than ours. Great thing is, you’re going to eat these, so if they aren’t perfect circles no need to worry. If you want your drops to be pretty, silicone molds work really well!
Let the drops harden (feel free to put these little guys in the freezer).
You did it!
Once hardened keep in a small jar, canvas bag, or up-cycled metal mint container.
Give these a try, tell us know what you think! We love hearing from you. If you have any other tips to make the cold season less cold share them with us! #MammaChia
Say no to the aches, coughs, and fevers this year! Mamma Chia is here to give you the extra boost and support needed during this cold and flu season, so you can get back to what you love doing most. We’ve put together three of our favorite wellness remedies to help keep you and your family, healthy and ready for adventure this winter! Save these recipes for use all year round as they’ll make a great addition to your daily wellness regimen.
Cold Symptom Relieving Tea
2 teaspoons organic sage
Juice of one organic lemon (or one teaspoon lemon balm herb)
Pinch cayenne pepper
1 tablespoon (15 ml) organic honey (preferably raw)
2 teaspoons of Mamma Chia Organic Chia Seeds
*To prepare the tea, pour one cup boiling water over sage and allow to steep for 10 minutes. Strain out herbs, add remaining ingredients, and drink hot.
Diffuser Congestion Blend
2 drops of Eucalyptus
2 drops of Lemon
3 drops of Peppermint
*Essential oils are a great way to make aromatherapy a part of your day-to-day regimen. Plus, there are truly astounding health benefits from using aromatherapy! Essential oils have the ability to boost energy levels, speed up healing, eliminate headaches, strengthen our immune systems, improve digestion, act as a cleaning agent, and purify air. Use this blend to help ease any congestion!
2 drops of lavender
2 drops of frankincense
4 drops of cedarwood or melaleuca
4 drops of wild orange
1 1/2 tbs Shea butter
1 1/2 tsp organic coconut oil
*Gently melt the Shea butter and coconut oil together. Remove from heat and stir in essential oils. Transfer to a container with a tight fitting lid. (A jar or Tupperware works fine)
We like to get our oils from these sites:
2017 is essentially here and with the New Year comes a whole list of resolutions! Resolutions can be daunting, truly limiting to our unconscious. Common resolutions people make are often intended to break a pattern, or accomplish something they feel will change their lives for the better. Truth is, 80% of those who make resolutions on January 1 will have given up by Valentine’s Day!
So this year, we’ve decided to skip the resolutions altogether! We have come up with two positive ways to set a tone of inspiration and creativity in 2017.
First pick a mantra. A mantra is a powerful word or phrase that creates meaning differently than a typical sentence. A mantra, when repeated over and over, affirms our belief in ourselves. We begin to allow its meaning to seep below the surface, into our subconscious, helping to shift our negative habits and patterns into positive ones. A mantra can have a significant impact on our lives!
What we think and speak shapes how we feel inside and how we see the world around us. Boost your confidence this year and allow yourself to highlight and focus in on trust, courage, love, creativity, success, confidence, balance, partnership & clarity. Use words that are clear and easy to remember. Begin each day by repeating your mantra out loud or silently to yourself. Allow the words to guide your daily intentions and be the driving force of positivity! Here are some examples:
*Seed Your Soul
*I am here to grow
*I choose calmness over anxiety
*I am strong and healthy
*I strive to improve
We also think a bucket list is more interesting than a list of resolutions as it inspires us to explore, create, and make time for growing as individuals! Whether it’s exploring a new place, or trying a new activity, this list can consist of items that are as simple as eating at a restaurant you’ve been driving by for years or visiting your family a little more often. Your list can grow through the year as new ideas manifest themselves. Enjoy the simplicity of it. Set time aside to allow yourself to check off the items on your bucket list instead of your resolutions list! Your bucket list is a group of things you should look forward to doing, a way of creating new memories and trying something new!
We made a few printable templates to get you started. Download them below, set forth and be inspired this year!!!
To wrap up our #chiaholiday, we asked artist and foodie Heather Fenner to
make us her favorite brunch! A painter, wife, and mom of three from Los Angeles, she knows
a few things about making a filling and well decorated Holiday Brunch! Oh, and it’s super yummy, too!
The Holidays are all about family, food and fun. Don’t you agree?!
For your holiday gathering you have to pull out all the stops, ring those bells and deck those halls!
This is why I love to make an amazing Christmas Morning Brunch! This year I’m making two versions of my famous overnight French toast bake.
One will be a paleo version, as many of us in my family are Paleo/Primal, and of course the traditional version, as well.
Hot apple cider and bottomless mimosas shall flow freely… especially the mimosas. Definitely the mimosas.
Wait. What was I talking about ?! Oh right, the Brunch!
One of my favorite egg dishes is a frittata. But when you have several hungry family members to feed, I love changing it up a bit.
I make the mix but add it to muffin tins instead! I actually double, sometimes even triple the recipe for my Mamma Chia Seed Frittata.
The best part about baking the recipe in muffin tins are all the left overs. They’re great when someone needs a quick snack.
I mean let’s face it, after all of those mimosas the only thing Mrs. Claus wants to cook is herself, in a nice hot bath, while sipping on her bottomless mimosa!
So here is my recipe for my Chia Seed Frittata Muffins which complement as a side to any Christmas Brunch!
3/4 cup shredded store bought organic hash browns
(If you make your own has browns) 3/4 cup shredded potato
4 whole organic eggs
4 egg whites or 3/4 cup of liquid store whites
1/4 cup organic cherry tomatoes diced
1/3 cup organic white or sweet onion diced
3 tbs organic canned green chilies
1/4 cup organic artichoke hearts diced
1/4 cup organic fresh cilantro finely chopped
2 tbs organic fresh chives finely chopped
1 cup organic pepper jack cheese shredded
1/4 cup organic feta cheese
3 tbs organic Mamma Chia Organic White Chia Seeds
- Preheat Oven to 350 Degrees
- Prepare the hash browns according to instructions – these will be added in the next step
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk eggs with egg whites. Add remaining ingredients; mix well to combine.
- Prepare a muffin tin with nonstick baking spray. Pour egg mixture evenly into cups.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until set. Remove from oven; set aside to cool for about 5 minutes
- Serve warm or place in the refrigerator for up to 5 days and serve for a quick breakfast or snack
*Pair with a Mamma Chia Vitality Drink Mimosa!
Simply mix together a desired amount of organic orange juice and your favorite
Mamma Chia Vitality Beverage in a flute glass. Pour over with champagne and enjoy!
Today is the 23rd! Unfortunately, this means some of us will end up braving those long lines, just to snag that perfect last minute gift!
This year skip navigating those busy holiday season parking lots, and spend that time making something tasty, and festive!
Your friends and family will love the thought, while you’ll love the time spent relaxing instead of rushing!
Our Mamma Chia Cranberry Orange Chia Chutney
3 cups organic cranberries, washed
2 cups organic apples, peeled and chopped
1 organic orange, cut into segments
1/4 cup organic apple cider vinegar
1 tbsp peeled and grated organic ginger
1/2 cup diced organic onion
1 tsp orange zest
1 tsp cinnamon
pinch of sea salt
1-2 tbsp Mamma Chia Organic Chia Seeds, rinsed and soaked for at least 30 minutes
*Add all prepped ingredients, except the chia seeds, to a medium sauce pot at medium low heat until
the apples and cranberries caramelize and the liquid reduces, stirring occasionally. This will take about 30 minutes.
*Remove from heat and add the soaked chia seeds to the mixture and mix well.
*Serve warm or chilled and enjoy.
* To create your gift, simply use any jar and tie with ribbon. Voila! You’re ready to go!
We love when our products can be used in alternative ways! Our Chia Squeeze is no exception and is not only great for a grab-n-go snack, but, as you’ll see below, can be a great addition to some recipes!
California Country Gal’s Annabelle Lee is back to share a recipe that uses our Chia Squeeze in a new and unique way! Check out her recipe for a delicious Grain Free Bread Pudding that is a great breakfast or dessert for your holiday crowd!
“I love my Mamma Chia Squeeze Pouches for grab-and-go treats, but they also make great quick and easy sauces!”
- 1 loaf Rustic or Sandwich Bread made from California Country Mix
- 1/2 cup of your favorite nuts such as macadamias, walnuts or pecans
- 1 1/2 cups of your favorite fruit such as chopped apple, orange or blueberries
- 2 large eggs
- 2 1/2 cups coconut milk or heavy cream
- Sweetener to equal 1/2 cup sugar, I used erythritol/monk fruit blend
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1/3 teaspoon stevia
- 1 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- Cut the crusts off the bread, (dry them for bread crumbs or treat the crusts to your dogs!
- Cut the bread into 1/2 inch pieces (no need to dry the bread out)
- Coat an 8-inch square baking dish or 8-9-inch deep dish pie pan with butter
- Add the bread cubes, nuts and chopped fruit, toss lightly
- Whisk together the rest of the ingredients and carefully pour over the bread cubes
- Cover with plastic wrap and gently press down to submerge all the bread
- Let rest at least 2 hours on the counter (or up to 24 hours in the refrigerator
- Heat the oven to 350˚ and bake 40-50 minutes, until the top is brown and the center is set
- Serve warm with Chia Bourbon Sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 package of your favorite Chia Squeeze; I used Coconut Mango
- Your favorite sweetener, to taste. I used stevia drops
- 1-2 tablespoons bourbon (optional)
Melt the butter in a small saucepan and whisk in the rest of the ingredients.
Teas the season for homemade tea! Get ready to sooth some souls with your own seasonal blend. If you’ve been looking for a personal, last minute gift idea, this DIY is sure to bring much needed warmth to your holiday season!
Head down to your local spice shop, or pick up a few packages of your favorite organic loose leaf tea blends.
Tea is a great gift, especially during the chillier months. Not to mention it looks so pretty!
Experiment with your blends. Scout out different types of edible tea flowers and spices.
A few of our holiday favorites include peppermint, orange peel, cranberry and cinnamon.
We went with an invigorating three ingredient blend.
*Organic Vanilla Earl Grey
*Organic Dried Rose Petals
*Organic Crystalized Ginger
Mix all your ingredients in a bowl. Keep in mind, tea smells similar to the way it will taste. We chose a base tea and added accompanying flavors to create a unique blend with delightful aromas.
Once you’ve mixed up the perfect homemade tea, get creative with your packaging! Glass is a great way to display your colorful creations. You can also use brown paper lunch bags, or large tea bags. Wrap up in colorful yarn or twine and add a GIFT TAG!!
Additional Pairing Ideas
*Lavender, Hibiscus, and Vanilla
* Black tea (of your choice), Crystalized Orange Peel, Dried Orange Slices, Cinnamon, and Rainbow Black Pepper
*Dandelion Petals, Mint, and Dried Raspberry Leaves
*Lemon Verbena, Rooibos, Vanilla, and Dried Rose Petals
Tis the season for giving, but it’s also the time for practicing self care!
With so much time spent giving and thinking about others, it’s easy to be lead astray with our self love efforts.
This blog post is all about taking a few minutes (or thirty) to remind ourselves to Seed Our Souls!
We believe in order to love others me must surround ourselves with well-intended acts of self care.
What does it mean? How do we do it?
We must first be aware and then acknowledge ourselves and our self worth!
We’ve pulled together a fun and relaxing way for you to sneak in some you time during the busy holiday season.
What You Need:
*Various art supplies
Start by pulling your favorite books off the shelf! Poetry books, inspirational books, stories with passages you linger on, or head to the internet.
Choose two or three of your favorites. Don’t overthink this!!! Let the words speak to you! That might sound cliche but it’s true. When you find words that resonate with you, then write them down!
Contemplate. Re-read them a few times. Spend time with this step. Compare the concepts and images between the poems. What do the themes reveal about where you are in your life? What is speaking to you from within the poem? Stay open to any guidance you may receive.
Pick as many as you want, or need. Blend poems and songs together. Make this your own soul song. Once you have your collection of words, spend some time thinking about what they mean to you.
Now get to it!
Put your chosen words into art. Paint them, write them, stamp them on! There’s no wrong way to do this. Use the art supplies as a backdrop for your piece. Incorporate multiple mediums: water color, acrylics, paints. Have fun with this. This is your time to practice self-love.
Display your work. Let it serve as a reminder of all the great things you are and will become. Share it with others, inspire them to spend some time loving themselves, too!
We hope you take some time this holiday season to focus on yourself. With the new year fast approaching so many of us will set resolutions for ourselves. Seed Your Soul and focus on self care. Let this be the way we end this year and start the next.
Add a new tradition this season!
Replace your chill with chia on these frosty days. Seed your soul with rich and creamy, slightly spiced Hot Chia-colate. We promise one batch won’t be enough!! You’ll be making this warm chocolaty treat time and time again!
Grab your favorite mug, curl up with your favorites, and sip on a cup of Hot Chia Chocolate!
Did we mention that it’s super easy to make? Simply throw all the ingredients in your crock-pot and stir every hour. Wow! The easiest homemade hot chocolate (and the most delicious) that you’ve ever made!
The most amazing part is that you get all the benefits of the chia! Omega-3s, protein, fiber and more make this warm delight a bit more nutritious than your normal cocoa. So sip on my friends!
You Will Need:
*Organic Bittersweet Chocolate
* Organic Cocoa Powder
* Organic Mamma Chia Seeds
* Organic Cinnamon
* Organic Nutmeg
* Organic Chili Powder
* Organic Almond Milk
* 1 tbs organic cocoa powder
* 1/3 cup hot water
* 4 ounces chopped organic bittersweet chocolate
* 2 tbs Mamma Chia Organic Chia Seeds
* 2 sticks organic cinnamon
* 1/2 tsp organic cinnamon powder
* 1/8 tsp organic nutmeg
* 1/2 tsp organic chili powder (optional)
* 4 cups (1 quart) organic almond milk (2% or skim is also fine) * 1/2 cup organic marsh mellows (try to find ones without corn syrup)
*Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 2 hours
Total time: 2 hours 5 mins
Serves: 4-6 servings
* In a small bowl combine the hot water and the cocoa powder, stir until smooth.
* In the base of the slow cooker, add the bittersweet chocolate, cinnamon stick, cinnamon powder, nutmeg, almond milk, along with the cocoa powder mixture. Heat on low for 2 hours, stirring every 30 minutes or so.
* Serve warm with marshmallows, whipped cream, chocolate syrup, or chocolate shavings! Get creative!
It’s the 7th day of our Chia Holiday and we bring to you the Mamma Chia Holiday Playlist!!
To continue our celebration we’ve put together the perfect mood boosting playlist to keep you in the holiday spirit!
From the car, to the office, to your holiday dinner, this playlist has you covered! Let our list of musical perfection be the backdrop of your holidays this year.
Wishing everyone a warm and joyful holiday season, full of sing-a-longs and groovy dance moves.
There is one holiday treat that is almost better than sugar cookies. Cocktails! Chia Holiday Cocktails!
This year we said no to the same old holiday cocktail menu and yes to new creations that include chia! So we called up mixologist Andrew over at The Noble Experiment, one of California’s finest speakeasies, to help us craft three Mamma Chia inspired cocktails.
We promise they’ll make your season far brighter than any lights strung from the roof top!
One of the hardest bars to locate, you’ll find The Noble Experiment hidden in a San Diego Gaslamp Quarter restaurant called Neighborhood. Tucked behind a wall of beer kegs, the prohibition era bar is a secret known to many. Serving only pre-prohibition liquor, they spend their nights mixing up hand-crafted works of art for each patron in one of their 35 seats.
.75oz London Dry gin (preferably Beefeater)
.75oz Mamma Chia Raspberry Passion Chia Vitality Beverage
.75oz simple syrup ( 1:1 )
Crack of sea salt
Add gin, Raspberry Passion, simple syrup and lemon to tin. Shake with crushed ice.
Dump and top off with champagne and crushed ice.
Garnish with orchid and mint.
Estrelar was Andrew’s take on a classic French 75. Using Mamma Chia Raspberry
Passion added a nice fruit note and a wonderful texture to his champagne cocktail.
1.5oz Peruvian Pisco (preferably Encanto Moscatel)
1oz Mamma Chia Coconut Mango Chia Vitality Beverage
Crack of sea salt
Add all ingredients to tin, shake with ice and strain into glass over fresh ice.
Garnish with pineapple Franz, lime and a luxardo cherry.
Aguanile is fun cocktail that represents Christmas in SoCal.
It’s bright and citrusy with lots of tropical flavors.
1.5oz Goslings Bermuda rum
1.5oz almond milk (vanilla)
1oz creme de cacao
1 tsp Mamma Chia Organic Chia Seeds
2 dash of xocatle mole bitters (optional)
Add all ingredients to glass, stir with crushed ice. Garnish with cinnamon stick and star anise.
Salvia Hispanica is the Holiday banger. It’s a nice milky Mexican chocolate
spiced cocktail with soft notes of Bermuda rum.
All of these cocktails were intended to be fast, simple, vegan and easily replicated.
One of the best parts is that the ingredients can be found at most super markets!
Fall is here which means sweets, savory meals, and celebrations. We’re getting full just thinking about it! It’s okay to indulge a little here and there, but don’t fall into poor eating habits this holiday season. We’ve got a fall infused agua fresca to keep you satisfied (and hydrated) with the flavors of the season without overindulging. Pair this easy recipe with our Pumpkin Powered Workout and keep your fitness and health goals in check until the New Year!
- Filtered water
- 1 Tbsp Mamma Chia Organic Chia Seeds
- 1 organic apple, chopped
- 1 organic pear, chopped
- 1 organic plum, chopped
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- Hydrate your tablespoon of chia seeds in a cup of room temperature water for about 10-15 minutes. This will help keep your chia seeds suspended in the beverage.
- Place the fruit and cinnamon into a large pitcher of ice water.
- Transfer the hydrated chia seeds into the pitcher and place infused water into the refrigerator.
- Let water chill for at least 2 hours. Feel free to add more water to the pitcher as it starts to get low.
Put down those Halloween sweets and get up on your feet! Earn that PSL you can’t resist and change up your workout routine turning your fitness game into a festive sweat sesh. The only equipment needed is a pumpkin (size of your choice) and enough space to get your muscles working. This full body workout burns so good it’s almost scary!
Begin in a plank position with pumpkin directly below your chest. Feet are hip distance apart. Slowly lower yourself down, hugging your elbows in towards your torso. Stop once your shoulders are in line with your elbows. Press into your palms as your body rises back up into plank position. Do three sets of 10 reps.
Place feet hip distance apart with one foot staggered slightly behind the other. Lift pumpkin over head, bending at the elbows so that they point towards the sky, while lowering the pumpkin behind your head. Start to straighten back through your arms as the pumpkin comes back overhead. Do three sets of 10 reps.
Twisted Reverse Lunge
Begin standing with feet together and extend your arms away from your body holding the pumpkin out in front of your chest. Step back with one foot, bending both knees until your front leg reaches a 90 degree angle. Make sure your back heel is lifted as you sink down into your legs. Engage your core to protect your spine by drawing your ribs down and pulling your belly button in towards your spine. Turn your body away from the leg in the back (i.e. step your right leg back and twist to the left). Bring your leg back to center and switch. Repeat this movement on the opposite side, and once both sides are complete that counts as one rep. Do two sets of 15 reps.
Pumpkin Push Squats
Stand with feet wider than your shoulders, pumpkin is held at sternum height. Start to sit back pushing hips out behind you as if you were about to sit in a low chair. Chest stays lifted and weight is in your heels. Be mindful that your knees are not passing over your ankles. Push down through your heels as you rise back up, while pushing your pumpkin overhead simultaneously. Do three sets of 15 reps.
Spooky Sumo Squats
Begin standing feet out wide, in a straddle position. Heels are turned in as your toes face out with the pumpkin resting on the ground beneath you. Bend your knees and get low for your pumpkin! Shoulders should be stacked over hips to create on long line down your spine. Weight is in your heels as you reach down for your pumpkin with straight arms. Rise back up as you straighten through your legs as you lift your pumpkin up overhead. Do three sets of 15 reps.
Scary Side Squats
Stand with feet touching and holding your pumpkin at your chest. Step one foot out to the side and lunge down into a low squat. Chest is lifted while lowering pumpkin to the floor, protecting your low back. Also, be mindful of your knee passing over your ankle while lunging. Push off the side to which you lunged, bringing yourself back to center. Repeat on the other side. Once both sides are complete that counts as one rep. Do three sets of 15 reps.
Take a seat on the ground, holding your pumpkin up at chest height with bent elbows. Slowly begin to lean back onto your sitting bones avoiding any rounding in your back. Engage your core by drawing your belly button in towards your spine. You can keep your feet placed on the ground or lift them up to a hover with shins parallel to the sky for an added challenge. Gently twist your core and pumpkin to one side, then slowly alternate to the opposite side. Do two sets of 20 reps.
Lay down onto your back with your knees bent and feet placed on the floor. Arms should be extend overhead holding your pumpkin. Inhale deeply and as you exhale start to sit up using your core muscles to lift first your head, then shoulders with the pumpkin to follow. Hold at the top for a second and gently release back down to the ground one vertebrae at a time. Do two sets of 25 reps.
Fang-tastic Toe Sit-Ups
Stay laying down, but with your arms extended above your shoulders like you’re pushing the pumpkin towards the sky. Lift legs so your feet are above your hips. Take a deep breath in, exhale lifting your upper back off the ground and pushing the pumpkin towards your toes. Inhale as you lower yourself back down. Do two sets of 25 reps.
Calling all ghouls, witches, and monsters to come party with us! We’ve got two simple pumpkin DIY’s that will be a hit for your haunted Halloween festivities.
PUMPKIN PARTY COOLER
We’re here for the BOOS. This innovative beverage cooler will spook your guests as eerie fog seeps out of your wicked pumpkin while keeping your beverages (non-alcoholic or alcoholic) chilled as you boogie the night away!
*Adult supervision is suggested while handling dry ice.
- 1 large pumpkin
- Cutting knife
- Dry ice
- Any beverage of your choice
- Gut and clean your pumpkin.
- Trace the bottom of the beverages you are using to ensure the opening is the proper size.
- Make as many holes as you desire. Feel free to get creative and add any additional carvings.
- Insert beverages into their placeholder.
- Carefully handle dry ice, place inside the pumpkin, and add a splash water to create smoke.
Don’t have time to carve a pumpkin or want to deal with the mess? No worries, just slap on a pack of your favorite shiny, metallic tattoos and have the flashiest pumpkin this Halloween season!
- 1 pumpkin
- Adhesive tattoos
- Sponge or damp cloth
- Wipe down your pumpkin, removing any dirt or dust.
- Arrange the tattoos in any way on the pumpkin.
- Follow tattoo instructions or press damp cloth on tattoo and hold for 10-15 seconds.
- Carefully peel off paper backing and enjoy!
Mamma Chia, creator of the first-to-market chia beverage and celebrated chia innovator, today announced the addition of four executive team members: Ken Vargha, executive vice president of sales and marketing; Lance Dermeik, vice president of operations; Steve Polzin, director of sales; and Brenda Quesada, director of R&D & technical services. Read more …
As a result, some lightly sweetened brands of granola are starting to emerge. Mr. Bellatti, the dietitian, said he often recommends Mamma Chia’s Vanilla Almond granola, which has about 10 grams of sugar per cup. Read more…
I bring these bite-size energy balls with me when I’m on the go, and they take just minutes to whip up! They’re made with Mamma Chia Organic Chia Seeds, which provide a satiating mix of protein, fiber, and healthy fat. Read more…
Suspended chia seeds are kind of an amazing drink, especially when they’re suspended in fruit juice or green juice. You can totally make it at home or buy it. Of late, I’ve been pretty obsessed with the new Mamma Chia’s Organic Chia & Greens… Read more…
We love sharing our chia seed recipes with you and wanted to change things up! We reached out to some of our most influential and inspiring brand ambassadors and asked them: “How do you use chia?” We were so delighted by their creativity, we just had to share this round-up of why they love the Magic of Chia®. Check out how they incorporate these tiny powerhouses into their daily lives, and hopefully you will get some recipe inspiration for your own chia seed creations!
- Amie Valpone | The Healthy Apple
2. Andrea | Earthy Andy
- (2) 8 oz. package of pitted dates
- 1 cup coconut sugar or 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp of water (*only add this if using coconut sugar and not maple syrup)
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil (optional)
- 3 Tbsp Mamma Chia Organic Chia Seeds
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1-1 1/2 cups mulberries (or Rice Krispies/oats)
- 1/4 cup organic coconut shreds
- Chop dates until sticky. In a large flat pan mix in water, coconut oil and coconut sugar. Cook on medium to low heat stirring consistently until you reach a paste-like consistency. (This will roughly take about 10 minutes or until you see little bubbles).
- Add vanilla while letting it cool down to touch.
- Mix in chia seeds, coconut, and mulberries (or Rice Krispies).
- Once combined, roll into balls and transfer to a plate with coconut shreds and roll again.
- Store in an air tight container and in the refrigerator.
3. Monette Moio | Sweet Eats
4. Ashley & Brittany | Twins Kitchen
- 1/4 cup Mamma Chia Organic Chia Seeds
- 1 cup almond or any nut milk
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp matcha powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Coconut flakes
- 1/2 banana
Chocolate Avocado Mousse:
- 1 ripe avocado
- Less than 1/4 almond milk
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 4 Tbsp maple syrup
- Whisk chia pudding ingredients together and chill in fridge for 2-3 hours.
- Add avocado mousse ingredients into a food processor and blend until smooth. Chill in the refrigerator until the chia pudding is ready.
- Once chia seeds have created a pudding like consistency begin to layer the pudding into a glass with coconut, bananas, fresh fruit, and top with the chilled avocado mousse you prepared earlier for a nutritious and decadent treat!
- Store any remaining leftovers in an air tight container and place in the refrigerator for later.
- Dig in and enjoy!
Now it’s your turn! How do YOU use chia? We’d love to know! Send us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org and you might just be featured in our next blog post!
Pumpkin spice and everything nice! You bet we are indulging in pumpkin now that fall is here. This spin on pumpkin flavored goodness is a tasty way to blend summer indulgences with the flavors of the season. Trick-or-treat chia-self and whip up a batch of this vegan-friendly ice cream featuring everyone’s favorite fall flavor!
*Ice cream maker is needed to create recipe.
- 2 cups full fat coconut milk (or any other dairy-free alternative)
- 1 1/2 cups organic pumpkin puree
- 1 cup organic coconut sugar
- 1/2 tsp organic ground ginger
- 1 tsp organic cinnamon
- 1 tsp. organic vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- Mamma Chia Cinnamon Pecan Chia Granola Clusters (garnish)
*Ice cream maker is needed to create recipe
- First add coconut milk and pumpkin puree in a medium size bowl. Stir ingredients together.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the bowl, except the granola.
- Transfer mixture into your ice cream maker.
- Let ice cream churn for 15-20 minutes or follow the manufacturers instructions that were included with your ice cream maker.
- Serve in a small bowl or cone and garnish with Mamma Chia Cinnamon Pecan Chia Granola Clusters.
- Transfer remaining ice cream into a freezer safe container and store in freezer.
HAPPY NATIONAL COFFEE DAY!
We like you a latte…so much, that we wanted to share this chia x coffee overnight oats recipe so you can get your fix all in one cup, making it the perfect blend! This brew-tiful two-for-one will not only keep you satisfied until lunch, but will also give you that necessary early morning buzz to get your day started. Change up your regular cup of joe this week and espress-yo love for chia seeds and coffee with this delightful vegan breakfast treat!
- 1/2 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 Tbsp Mamma Chia Organic Chia Seeds
- 1 tsp organic brown sugar
- 1/2 cup organic almond milk
- 1/4 cup Chameleon Cold Brew Black Coffee
- 1 tsp organic vanilla extract
- 1 bag of Mamma Chia Vanilla Almond Granola Clusters
- 2-3 pieces of organic dark chocolate (optional)
- Combine all the ingredients (except the chocolate and granola) into a medium sized bowl and mix together.
- Cover the bowl and place in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours or let it sit overnight.
- Remove from refrigerator when ready to eat. Served cold.
- Garnish with granola clusters and crumbled dark chocolate.
Happy official 1st day of fall! Isn’t it crazy how this semester is nearly half way over? If your fitness routine has been pushed to the side, don’t worry! We’ve got you covered with this quick and easy workout to get you back on track before the holidays arrive. We recommend using a pair of dumbbells for some of the exercises below (weight of your choice). No weights? No problem! Feel free to use two water bottles of the same size. This workout is ideal for any time of day, so do it when it is most convenient for you. Use it as a quick study break, or try it first thing in the morning paired with an Organic Chia Energy Beverage for an added lift! Now, what are you waiting for? Grab a friend for some extra motivation and start getting sweaty!
* Click on any of the movements below for demonstration.
- 1 Minute: Tricep Dips
- 1 Minute: Overhead Shoulder Press (dumbbells)
- 1 Minute: Chest Press (dumbbells)
- 1 Minute: Bicep Curls (dumbbells)
- 1 Minute: Reverse Fly (dumbbells)
- 1 Minute: Pop Squats
- 1 Minute: Curtsy Squats (dumbbells)
- 1 Minute: Forward Lunge (alternate)
- 1 Minute: Wall Sits
- 1 Minute: Calf Raises
Suit up and double knot those cleats….are you ready for some FOOTBALL? Stadiums and homes filled with cheering fans, the cool breeze of autumn in your hair, the smell of…oh sorry, we got a little carried away! But, football season is officially here! We are gearing up for the big games with a list of tasty tailgating recipes that will convert to touchdowns at your party. You can even incorporate our secret powerhouse ingredient, chia seeds, to make those football party treats a little more guilt-free, if you’re up for the challenge. There are no penalty flags on the play, just choose your favorite recipe and be ready to tackle your taste buds!
CHIA-eers! Here’s a his and hers beverage idea that will score with everyone, no matter what team you’re rooting for!
1.Bloody Mary Beer by Lady Behind the Curtain
This savory concotion is a great way to settle your belly if you’re off to a rocky start before the party begins. You can also throw in a spoonful of chia seeds to help you stay hydrated throughout the game.
2. Tailgate Sipper by Fake Ginger
For a lighter refreshment, try this bourbon based cocktail. For a little added tartness, we like to add a splash of our Strawberry Lemonade Vitality Beverage.
1.Mac n’ Cheese Bites by Old House to New Home
There are absolutely no utensils required to tackle this cheesy goodness. Just pop it right into your mouth! For an added crunch, simply sprinkle a tablespoon of chia over the top and voila, Mac n’ Chia Cheese Bites. Yum!
2. Cauliflower Tots by Just a Taste
Everyone loves tots! What better way to sneak some veggies into your tailgating shindig than to wrap them up in some tater tots that sure won’t disappoint. Add two tablespoons of chia seeds for more texture, or to take your tots to the next level, create a variety of sauces to dip and dunk your appetizers.
3. Smoky Sweet Potato Dip by Healthy Aperture
Sweeten up the party with this healthy chip and dip. This simple dip will delight your taste buds and won’t leave you feeling like a linebacker. Toss a dash of chia seeds in to give it a little crunch!
1.Football Whoopie Pies by The Cake Blog
Score a touchdown and satisfy your sweet tooth with this delightful dessert. You’ll be the ultimate victor with this treat on your special teams. You can even try and create a vegan-friendly version by using non-dairy milk and “chia eggs” instead!
Still trying to find your back-to-school groove? These chia-full bars are a great grab-and-go snack packed with Omega-3s and protein to fuel you up before you start the day! Both vegan and gluten-free, these bars are filled with tasty raspberry chia jam to add a touch of sweetness, making them the perfect treat to enjoy with a cup of joe or tea! Just prep and pop them in the oven the night before the school week begins and you’ll be set for those mornings you find yourself rushing out the door.
Raspberry Chia Jam
- 3 cups organic frozen raspberries
- 2 Tbsp Mamma Chia Organic Chia Seeds
- 3 Tbsp organic maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp organic vanilla extract
Granola & Oat Bars
- Mamma Chia Vanilla Almond Chia Granola Clusters
- 1 chia egg (1 Tbsp Mamma Chia Organic Chia Seeds + 4 Tbsp water)
- 1/3 cup organic coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup organic maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp organic brown rice syrup (or honey)
- 1 tsp organic vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups gluten-free rolled oats
- 1/2 cup rolled oats, ground into flour
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- pinch of pink Himalayan sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper.
- Raspberry Chia Jam: In a medium pot, combine all the ingredients listed above, except for the vanilla extract, stirring until it’s combined. Bring the ingredients to a low boil. Once it reaches a low boil, reduce the heat to medium. Cover the pot and let the jam simmer for about 10 minutes. Continuously stir jam while it simmers until the raspberries melt and the contents start to thicken. Remove pot from stove and stir in the vanilla extract. Transfer the jam into a closed container and place in the freezer to cool.
- Granola & Oat Squares: Create your chia egg by combining the chia seeds and water in a small mug. Mix and set aside at room temperature for about 5 minutes or until it thickens.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir your melted coconut oil, maple syrup, honey, and vanilla. Add chia egg in once it’s ready.
- Create your rolled oat flour by grinding it in a food processor or high-speed blender on high until you reach a flour like consistency. It should happen fairly quickly.
- Add one ingredient at a time, stirring in first the rolled oats, almond flour, oat flour, baking soda, and salt until the mixture comes together. The mixture should be sticky.
- Take 2/3 of the oat mixture in to the baking pan. Use a piece of parchment paper to press the contents down and spread evenly across the pan. You may need to press the dough firmly against the pan with a spatula.
- Remove raspberry chia jam from the freezer and layer it evenly over the oat mixture.
- Use the remaining oat mixture to layer over the chia jam, crumbling it on top.
- Place the breakfast bars in the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes, uncovered. After the first 20 minutes, remove the bars and sprinkle Mamma Chia Vanilla Almond Chia Granola Clusters on top for an extra crunch. If the tops of the bars appear to have browned cover the pan in tinfoil for the remainder 5-10 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven and set aside to cool for 30 mins. Carefully slice the bars into squares and enjoy!
School is back in session and souls of all ages are on the go. Staying hydrated and fueled is a must while shuttling between work, school and extra-curricular activities. Psssst…We’ll let you in on a little secret! Our Chia Squeeze will come to the rescue for that mid-morning snack or afternoon pick-me-up, wherever your day takes you. We’ve put together all the different ways to get’chia Squeeze on below and show how you can ‘Seeds the Day’ with the Magic of Chia®.
Looking for some more Chia Squeeze information? Look no further than our Chia Squeeze Infographic:
1. No Need to Refrigerate!
Enjoy at room temperature! Skip the bruised banana and toss a Strawberry Banana Chia Squeeze in your gym bag instead. This non-perishable snack is an excellent source of fiber and protein to pack along with you on your next trip to the fitness studio.
2. Great for Any Diet!
No need to refrigerate! Squeeze more nutrients into your family’s diet. Our Chia Squeeze is gluten-free and vegan friendly, allowing everyone to benefit from the Magic of Chia®.
3. Take it On-the-go!
School is back in session and Mamma is on the go. Slip this energy boosting snack in a purse or clutch as each pouch is packed with 1200mg of Omega-3s to help Mamma refuel and power through the day.
4. Treat Yourself…
…with this delightful frozen treat! Pop a pouch in the freezer for a nutritious cool down or indulge in something extra special like a Berry Chia Yogurt Pop.
5. Get-Chia Greens
Add a little extra MAGIC to your little soul’s lunchbox with our Green Magic Chia Squeeze. Sneak in some power greens with this pouch that contains kale, spirulina, and chlorella making it an ideal after-school powerhouse snack to curb hunger in between meals.
6. Come Fly with Me
Pack light during your travels whether you’re headed for a vacation getaway or business trip. This 3.5 oz pouch is airport friendly. Throw it in your carry-on tote and breeze through security. Instead of the airline snack pack, get a burst of nutrients with Mamma Chia’s Organic Squeeze snack.
Sun “so hot it will melt your Popsicle”…or your ice cream in this case! Summer is officially a wrap after Labor Day weekend. Treat chia-self and your guests one last time during the holiday weekend with a creamy homemade treat! This marbled blueberry ice cream with hints of lavender and coconut goodness will have everyone melting over this delightful dessert. Take one scoop, two scoops, maybe even three! There’s plenty to go around for everyone to cool off with!
* This recipe requires an ice cream maker to create a creamy-like consistency.
- 2 cans of full fat organic canned coconut milk or organic cream
- 1/2 cup organic coconut milk
- 1/3 cup organic blue agave
- 1 tsp organic vanilla extract
- 2 tsp dried organic culinary lavender
- 1 1/2 cups organic blueberries
- 2 Tbsp organic brown sugar
- Optional: Wild Blueberry Chia Granola Clusters as a topping
- Add canned coconut, coconut milk, and agave to a medium saucepan. Heat the ingredients on low and slowly bring to a simmer being careful not to boil. Once ingredients start to simmer turn off stove and let it cool for a couple minutes.
- Transfer ingredients from the saucepan to a blender and add lavender and vanilla. Blend for a minute or until ingredients are combined.
- Place mixture in a covered container and stow away in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours.
- Blend or mash up your blueberries with a fork and transfer into a small pan with brown sugar over medium heat. Stir together the ingredients until it starts to thicken. After about 15 minutes or when it reaches a syrup like consistency remove from heat, transfer into a covered container and stow in the refrigerator with the ice cream base.
- Pour coconut base into your ice cream maker and churn according to manufacturer’s directions until it reaches a soft serve texture. Ours took about 15-20 minutes. Transfer ice cream into a freezer friendly container filling it only half way with the coconut base. Take out your blueberry sauce and layer it on top. Repeat this again first layering in the coconut and placing the blueberry layer on top. Once tray is filled swirl together the ingredients with a knife or a toothpick to create a marbled look in the ice cream. Once finished cover the ice cream and place into the freezer for 3-4 hours or until the ice cream is hard enough to enjoy!
“Beet, cherries and chia seeds are three of the best foods for runners. Full of antioxidants, nitrates and omega-3’s, these foods have been linked to increased speed, improved endurance and quicker recovery. This little packet serves them all up in one tasty little package, a perfect 70-calorie snack.” -Jessica Sebor, editor in chief Read more…
The start of school is rapidly approaching. And, let’s face it – you aren’t going to be creating homemade lunches from scratch every single day. Fortunately, grocery stores are offering better packaged options that aren’t just good for your health, they give back to the community and planet as well. Here are a few lunchbox upgrades to consider when stocking up for back to school. Read more…
Hip, hip, HOORAY! We’re celebrating Mamma Chia’s birthday this week and of course there has to be cake… chia cake that is! Don’t feel guilty digging in for a spoonful of this tasty Birthday Cake Chia Pudding. Avoid the empty calories and treat chia-self with this classic chia seed treat! Celebrate the Magic of Chia ® with us and create your own decadent dessert with just a handful of ingredients.
- 3 cups organic dairy-free milk
- 2/3 cups Mamma Chia Organic Chia Seeds
- 2 tsp organic vanilla extract
- 1 tsp organic cinnamon
- 3 Tbsp organic agave
- Dash of organic rainbow sprinkles
- Whisk all ingredients together and transfer to small jars or bowls and chill for at least an hour.
- Garnish your chilled pudding with sprinkles of your choice!
Dig in and enjoy!
Happy National Refreshment Day!
Cool off with the family after a day in the sun! Enjoy summer’s most popular fruit with a little twist of chia seeds for the ultimate hydrating beverage. Sip on our Guava Watermelon Chia Fresca and serve up this tasty drink whichever way you prefer! We have kid-friendly and adults-only recipes to share so that souls of any age can enjoy this summery treat! You can even freeze any left overs to create your own homemade Guava Watermelon Chia Fresca popsicles for dessert! YUM!
- 1 organic seedless watermelon
- 1/2 cup Guava Mamma Chia Vitality Beverage
- 1 organic lime, freshly squeezed
- 1 Tbsp organic agave nectar
- Watermelon or lime wedges set aside for garnish (optional)
- 2 1/2 ounces White Rum
- 1 1/2 ounces Triple Sec
- Chop the watermelon into 2-inch chunks separating it from the rind and place 4 cups into a blender.
- Add the remaining ingredients from the list to the blender and puree everything until it reaches a frothy consistency.
- Pour the Chia Fresca over ice and garnish with a watermelon or lime wedge.
- Once the chia fresca is pureed, move to a beverage pitcher and add the Triple Sec and rum of your choice. Stir the additional ingredients until mixed well.
- Serve over ice and garnish with a watermelon or lime wedge.
Top Savory And Sweet Eats From NYC’s 2016 Summer Fancy Food Show
Every summer at the biennial Fancy Food Show, the Javits Center in New York City turns into a massive food hall as thousands of specialty food vendors from across the world occupy the space to showcase their finest culinary goods. The quality and the variety of food items displayed at this year’s show was no exception – these are just a few of my favorite things! Read more…
Recently, I had the great privilege of reconnecting with Mamma Chia founder and CEO, Janie Hoffman. I reached out after re-reading her brilliant book, Chia Vitality and then using her amazing chia cookbook. Hoffman is one of those rare social entrepreneurs and business leaders who is humble to the core, leads every day with gratitude, and is constantly cultivating her curiosity. Read more…
“There’s nothing you can’t put a chia seed in,” said Janie Hoffman, founder and chief executive officer of Mamma Chia. Her Carlsbad, Calif.-based company offers an assortment of beverages and snacks featuring the nutrient-dense seed. “Chia is neutral in flavor and boosts the nutrients of anything it’s added to,” Ms. Hoffman said. “I put chia in everything in my kitchen.” Read more…
Mamma Chia’s Organic Chia & Greens beverages were chosen as one of the nationwide Buyers’ Picks for 2016 in the Specialty Food Association’s Summer 2016 issue. Our Grateful Greens, a mixture of Kale & Mint and other veggies was chosen as one of the “Better-for-You-Beverages.” Click here to read more!
When the weather warms up, our thoughts drift to seaside frolics with our favorite group of beach-going friends. So, we’ve taken to making our own portable paradise by packing a bag of beach essentials that includes snacks, drinks, and entertainment. Here are five items to bring beachside that’ll keep all your worries at bay. Click here to read more!
Do you enjoy the inspirational quotes you find underneath our caps? One Mamma Chia fan loved them so much she created this amazing DIY that we get to share with you! Light up your home or backyard summer BBQ with these Magical upcycled bottle cap tealights created by Julie Divinski, of Soy Wicks & Sticks! These candles are so simple to make that once you’ve burned it all the way down to the wick you can refill the lids again with scents like Bonfire Bliss, Cucumber Mint, Lavender, or Cranberry Salsa (pictured). Unleash your creative soul and brighten your spirits with one-of-a-kind scents for yourself or your friends!
- Pouring pitcher
- Large wooden spoon
- Single electric burner or large sauce pan filled with water
- Digital cooking thermometer
- Electric glue gun
- 1/2 lb. soy wax flakes
- 1/2 ounce fragrance oil (specific for candle making)
- Tea-light wicks (pre-tabbed wick)
- Colored dye chips (optional)
- Mamma Chia Beverage caps
- Pour the soy wax flakes into a pouring pitcher and place on the electric burner or in a saucepan filled with water using low heat.
- Plug in hot glue gun, once warm, add a spot of glue on the metal tab of the tea light wick and place in the center of the Mamma Chia bottle cap. Set aside to cool.
- Melt the soy wax flakes and remove from heat once the temperature reaches 180 degrees.
- Using your wooden spoon add shavings of colored dye chip and your fragrance oil. Stir well for approximately 1 minute. Remove the spoon and allow the wax to cool to 135 degrees.
- Once the wax has cooled, slowly pour the wax in the Mamma Chia caps you set aside in Step 2, allowing the wax to set and harden.
- Light and enjoy your Magical Mamma Chia Tea Lights.
WHY WE LOVE: Perfectly paired strawberries and bananas are combined with fresh beets to make this Chia Squeeze simply irresistible! Seed Your Soul® with this delectable vitality snack wherever your daily journey takes you! Organic chia seeds are infused with delicious fruits and vegetables to create a convenient, fun and tasty snack for active people of all ages. Click here to see the entire article.
“Nutritious snacks are a must when traveling with kids,” says Jillian Michaels. “You don’t have to feed them junk when their blood sugar crashes.” The trainer, 42, chooses fare free of artificial ingredients for daughter Lukensia, 6, and son Phoenix, 4 (with fiancee Heidi Rhoades). Load up on her favorites! Click here to see the entire article.
One word sums up Mamma Chia’s Pinterest page: Inspirational. Mamma Chia taps into that brand gestalt with every board it’s created. Seeds of Knowledge, Gratitude, and Joy are well thought-out, brand-centric examples of those ubiquitous “inspirational sayings” boards you see peppered throughout Pinterest. Click here to read the entire interview.
We love our Mammas here at Mamma Chia! We all can agree that they deserve the world for all that they’ve done for us. To show them our appreciation, we’ve rounded up a list of handmade gifts and ideas for you to spoil your Mamma this year. These budget-friendly gestures are a great way to show her she’s on your mind! Cherish your Mamma and don’t forget to tell her how much you love her!
Tea party for two? Bring back a bit of nostalgia to when Mom used to play tea party with you! Create this dainty plant holder by treasure hunting at your local antique or thrift store to find unique pieces that hold everyone’s favorite desert plants!
Skip the flowers and create a couple potted herbs for Mom to maintain and use in the kitchen. This simple DIY may even start a new hobby for her!
Pamper Mom this Mother’s Day with these relaxing bath salts that allow her sit back and soak in this delightful aroma combo.
4. Go to Brunch
Beat the Mother’s Day crowd and take Mom out to brunch the day before or create your own brunch buffet with Mom’s favorite foods. Wanna be outside? Go have a picnic somewhere with a view. Your Mamma will sure enjoy the quality family time without any distractions!
Are you far away from Mom this Mother’s Day? Rather than going to the store and sorting through hundreds of cards, why not make your own unique card! Get creative and make it an arts and crafts project. Be sure to fill it with a heartfelt messages that only you can write best!
6. Pick Up the Phone
If a gift isn’t in your budget this year and you can’t spend the day with Mom, what better way to show her you’re thinking of her than some quality phone time. Rather than sending Mom a quick “Happy Mother’s Day” text, pick up the phone and give her a phone call or even Facetime! Give her your time and full attention and remember it’s the little things that count!
Moms have handfuls of jewelry and always seem to be running out of places to store it all! Make her this DIY marbled clay dish to stash her earrings and rings for a quick grab and go!
Wake up and smell the coffee or, er, the candle! Be sure not to use Mom’s favorite mug, but choose cups that accent Mom’s decor. The best part is that this DIY candle holder can be reused each time the candle is burned all the way through! You can’t go wrong with this gift since everyone enjoys a good scented candle.
Leave Mom a quick little message she can wear around her neck whenever you’re apart. This sentimental gift is a great piece Mom can take anywhere and everywhere with her.
For Moms who love gardening and just in time for Spring, these super simple garden markers make a gift that Mom will adore. She’ll also appreciate the fact that you’re supporting something she enjoys doing!
Mamma Chia Joyful Greens was featured in Phil’s Food Reviews as a Pick of the Week! We caught up with Janie Hoffman, Mamma Chia Founder and CEO, to find out more about how this hit new product was developed.
Click here to read the entire interview.
One such emerging brand tapping into consumers’ desire for new and interesting products that engage consumers in culinary, wellness and fresh experiences is Mamma Chia. Hartbeat recently sat down with Janie Hoffman, Mamma Chia founder and CEO, to chat about the company’s roots and consumer reactions to its unique offerings. Click here to read the entire interview.
Mamma Chia is delighted to announce the designation of March 23 as National Chia Day. This day will recognize the tiny, yet powerful chia seed that has earned its reputation as being one of the most nutrient-rich foods on the planet. To celebrate the first annual National Chia Day on March 23, 2016, Mamma Chia will help followers “get their chia on” with Instagram giveaways (@MammaChia), 23-percent off discounts on all orders, as well as free shipping on orders over $23 placed on www.ShopMammaChia.com. Read more …
DIY Upcycled Bottle Cap Magnets
What brings you joy? Is it crafting, painting, or upcycling items? If so, we have a quick and easy DIY in store for you! Start building your Mamma Chia beverage cap collection and transform them into your own one-of-a-kind fridge magnets that give you playful reminders to “embrace the wacky you” throughout the day!
What you need:
- Mamma Chia beverage caps
- Acrylic paints (any color you prefer)
- Glitter (optional)
- Paint brushes
- Hot glue gun
- Rinse your bottle caps of any remaining residue if not already done.
- Protect your surface with newspaper and begin painting your bottle caps however you desire. You will need to paint 2-3 layers on the caps so they are evenly coated, so be sure to let each layer dry completely before applying the next.
- Heat up your glue gun. Once warm attach the magnets to the back of the cap.
- After glue has cooled, place magnets anywhere you like and enjoy!
Mamma Chia NEW Chia & Greens is Phil Lempert’s – the Supermarket Guru’s – Pick of the Week! Phil loves the organic Chia & Greens Joyful Greens, a delicious mix of organic chia, broccoli, lemongrass and ginger!
Coconut Yogurt Parfait by Connor Haris
Happy Healthy New Year!
This chia-licious Coconut Yogurt Parfait is a fun way to fuel up and get back on track with our 2016 health goals. Big thanks to our favorite male vegan Instagrammer @connorharis for inspiring us with this beautiful creation! Who knew healthy eating could look good and taste even better!?
- 16 oz. of plain or vanilla flavored coconut yogurt
- Granola of your choice (pairs wonderfully with our Vanilla Almond Chia Granola Clusters)
- 1/3 cup Mamma Chia Organic Black Chia Seeds
- 1 Tbsp. of added sweetener of your choice (optional)
- Mixed berries of your choice
- Create your chia seed gel by simply mixing 1/3 cup of chia seeds with 8 oz. of water + a tablespoon of any added sweetener you prefer (or 8 oz. milk of your choice for chia pudding), let it sit aside for 15 minutes to let the chia seeds soak and expand into a pudding like consistency.
- Gather your other ingredients and begin to layer your parfait in any order you desire.
- Dig in and enjoy!
About the author:
Connor Haris is a teen food Instagrammer who started his health journey at the age of 13 after facing multiple life threatening diseases and mental issues. Connor created his YouTube channel and Instagram to document his journey and share his experiences with his followers. Connor’s Instagram @connorharis has reached an audience of over 13 thousand and growing, and his YouTube channel has over 100 thousand views.
“I want to give people hope that living a healthy and compassionate lifestyle is not just possible for all ages but is also an extraordinary and vibrant way of living.”
Walking up and down the aisles at Natural Products Expo, you’ll see chia everywhere—in chips, granolas, beverages, cookies and bars. But it wasn’t always that way. When Janie Hoffman, the founder and CEO of Mamma Chia, founded the company in 2009, the superseed hadn’t yet gone mainstream. Read more and watch the video!
If you haven’t experienced Mamma Chia’s drinks, you’re missing out. Ever since the recent explosive popularity of chia seeds and all of their health benefits, Mamma Chia has been flying off the shelf. And for good reason, their drinks are so delicious and unlike any other drink on the planet. Read more…
Vegan Buckwheat Pomegranate Pancakes
This delightful breakfast for chia-mpions will be sure to fill your hungry belly! Thanks to one of our favorite vegetarian Instagrammers groundedgoddesskitchen for showing us how to create these scrumptious Vegan Buckwheat Pomegranate Pancakes – a chia-licious breakfast recipe for every soul to enjoy!
I love making this buckwheat pancake recipe on weekends and adding whatever I have on hand. This time, I added pomegranate seeds, unsweetened coconut, raw almond butter and an extra dash of cinnamon. They’re hearty but light and not too sweet. I hope you’ll love them as much as I do!
INGREDIENTS: (Recipe serves 1 – feel free to double or triple if making for others.)
- 1/3 cup buckwheat flour
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tbsp Mamma Chia Organic Black Chia Seeds
- 1 scoop vanilla plant based protein powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- Nutmeg, to taste
- Cinnamon, to taste
- Simply mix the listed ingredients together to create your batter, letting it sit for 3-5 minutes while your non-stick skillet is warming up.
- Once non-stick skillet is warm, add your batter and cook for 2-3 minutes. Make sure to add the banana slices in before flipping. You’ll know they’re ready to flip once bubbling and the bottom edges start to brown. After cooking for another minute or so (once flipped), they’re ready!
About the author:
Jess Meltzer is a twenty-something California girl new to NYC. After being raised in a vegetarian household, health + wellness became a larger and larger force in her life post-college. She completed her 200-HR Yoga Teacher Training through Yogaworks last fall, started her Instagram account @groundedgoddesskitchen this spring and is now working in Dumbo, Brooklyn as mindbodygreen‘s Social Media Manager. She’s living her dream life, and then some.