Mamma Chia Bottles as Kitchen Decor by The Resource Girls
Is there anything more magical than the warm and inviting smell of snickerdoodle cookies? We think not 😉
We’re thrilled to share our healthy take on this cinnamon-sugar holiday classic! These vegan Chia Snickerdoodle Bites are just as soft, chewy and tasty as the classic recipe – we promise! The secret ingredient? Chia, of course! When chia is hydrated to the right consistency, it forms a gel that’s as thick and smooth as an egg. That makes chia a perfect egg replacement in baking! To replace one large egg, combine one tablespoon chia seeds with three tablespoons of room-temperature purified water. You’ll see just how Magical chia can be after tasting these yummy treats!
- ½ cup room-temperature organic vegan butter (we used Earth Balance!)
- ¾ cup organic white granulated sugar
- ½ tsp. organic vanilla extract
- 2 “chia eggs” (2 Tbsp. Mamma Chia Organic White Chia Seeds + 6 Tbsp. room-temperature purified water)
- 1¾ cup organic unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. cream of tartar
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. pink Himalayan salt
- 2 Tbsp. organic white granulated sugar
- 2 tsp. organic ground cinnamon
- In a small bowl, whisk together the chia seeds and water and let stand for about 20 minutes until a gel forms. This creates the “chia eggs.”
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place the butter and sugar in a medium mixing bowl. Using a hand-held electric mixer (or stand mixer), beat on medium-high with the whisk attachment until light and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes. With mixer on medium speed, add in “chia eggs” and vanilla extract and beat until fluffy again, scraping the sides as necessary.
- Combine the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt in a medium mixing bowl and mix well. Add to the wet ingredients and gently stir in with a large spoon until everything is mixed well.
- Combine the 2 Tbsp. sugar and 2 tsp. cinnamon in a medium bowl. Take 1 Tbsp. of dough and roll in your hands to make a smooth ball. Roll the ball in the cinnamon sugar mixture until evenly coated. Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, until puffy. They should be cracked on the edges, but still very soft.
- Let cool for 10 minutes, and enjoy!