Tart Cherry Chia Mimosa
Kick off 2016 with vitality, energy and strength! This Tart Cherry Chia Mimosa, found in Janie Hoffman’s The Chia Cookbook, is a delightfully tasty way to ring in the New Year with protein, fiber and Omega-3’s to boot!
- 6 oz. (3/4 cup) organic, 100% tart cherry juice
- 1 oz. (2 Tbsp.) St. Germain
- 1 oz. (2 Tbsp.) seltzer water or club soda
- 2 Tbsp. black or white Mamma Chia organic chia seeds
- 8 oz. (1 cup) Champagne or sparkling white wine, well chilled
- In a large liquid measuring cup, whisk together the tart cherry juice, St. Germain, seltzer, and chia seeds and let stand for about 20 minutes.
- Chill well, then whisk again before using (makes about 1 cup cherry-chia gel).
- Pour the chilled cherry-chia gel into champagne flutes. Top with Champagne or sparkling white wine and gently stir.
- Serve immediately along with a cocktail stirrer to evenly distribute chia as it’s being enjoyed.
- Serve in your best glassware and remember to stir before serving.
- Serves 4. Enjoy!