Teas the season for homemade tea! Get ready to sooth some souls with your own seasonal blend. If you've been looking for a personal, last minute gift idea, this DIY is sure to bring much needed warmth to your holiday season...
Did you think you could only reap the benefits of chia seeds by incorporating them into your snacks and meals? Well, who knew you could actually use chia seeds to create your own DIY spa day! We’ve got a handful of tips about how consuming chia can help your hair, skin and body experience the beauty benefits both inside and out!
Benefits of Chia Seeds for Hair
Our hair, just like chia, is full of protein, which is necessary to keep it strong and thick. Chia seeds are a nutritional powerhouse containing 20% more protein than soy beans, plus added Omega-3’s that are critical to help prevent hair loss. Adding chia seeds, a complete protein, to your diet can help promote luscious locks.
DIY Chia Seed Hair Mask
Give your tresses an extra boost of pampering with this DIY hair mask. Chia seeds are the perfect ingredient to add to any hair mask treatment of your choice since they are able to swell up to 12x their normal size when placed in water. This allows the chia seeds to create a gel like consistency that will hydrate your hair. Get summer ready locks with this hair mask recipe. All that is required is 4 simple ingredients: apple cider vinegar for glossiness, coconut oil to condition, chia seeds for hydration, and honey to smooth.
- 6 Tbsp of organic coconut oil
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- ¾ cup of organic honey
- 1 tsp Mamma Chia Organic Chia Seeds
- Combine all ingredients in a medium sized bowl.
- Pop the bowl in the microwave for 30 seconds to melt the coconut oil so it can be mixed with all the other ingredients. Set aside to cool.
- Gently work a pinch of the hair mask through your ends after shampooing and let it sit for 3-5 minutes. Rinse and enjoy your silky soft hair.
- Store leftovers in small glass container and use whenever you please.
Benefits of Chia Seeds for Skin
Your skin is the largest organ of your body, so it is important to take great care of maintaining healthy, supple skin. Soothe inflammation and calm acne blemishes with a chia face mask. The Omega-3 fatty acids in chia can help aid the healing process of irritated blemish wounds, as well as protect the outer layer of skin from bacteria.
DIY Chia Seed Face Mask
Exfoliate your pores with a refreshing 3 ingredient face mask and rejuvenate your face before you tackle the day. This mask will moisturize dry, sun-kissed skin with the power of chia seeds combined with coconut oil and freshly squeezed lemon juice.
- 2 Tbsp Mamma Chia Organic Chia Seeds
- ½ cup organic coconut oil
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Combine all 3 ingredients in a medium sized mixing bowl.
- Apply mask to face, avoiding contact with eyes. Let mask set for 5-10 minutes to allow the chia seeds to create a gel like consistency.
- Massage your face with a damp, warm washcloth moving in circular motions to exfoliate skin. Rinse off face with warm water and pat dry.