Spring is in the air and flowers are in full bloom! What’s more delightful than visiting your local farmers’ market for a bundle of fresh flowers and placing them in your very own sea glass vase? Brighten up your home with this popular decor trend and create a DIY that also helps make Mamma Earth brighter, too!
What You Need:
- 2-3 empty Mamma Chia beverage bottles
- 1 can of sea glass spray paint
- Olive oil cooking spray
- Bouquet of flowers
- Wash your Mamma Chia beverage bottles clean with soap and warm water.
- Peel off the beverage label. There will be a sticky residue left after removal. Don’t worry, there’s a few household solutions to get the residue off. We used canned olive oil spray, but here’s a link to alternative options: How to Get Sticky Residue Off Glass
- Make sure the bottles are completely dry and find a well ventilated area, preferably outdoors. Lay down newspaper to protect the surface you are working on. Following the instructions on the can of spray paint, and one at a time begin to spray the first coat of paint. Do keep in mind that the more layers you spray with this specific paint, the darker your bottle will be and the less it will look like sea glass. We played around with different layers on each bottle to create an ombré effect.
- Let the bottles dry for at least 30 minutes before wrapping the twine around the rim of the bottle. When you’re wrapping the twine around the neck of the bottle, you can secure the loose piece by tying the ends together.
- Trim your flowers to fit into the bottles and arrange them as desired!
Enjoy & Happy Spring!