Do you enjoy the inspirational quotes you find underneath our caps? One Mamma Chia fan loved them so much she created this amazing DIY that we get to share with you! Light up your home or backyard summer BBQ with these Magical upcycled bottle cap tealights created by Julie Divinski, of Soy Wicks & Sticks! These candles are so simple to make that once you’ve burned it all the way down to the wick you can refill the lids again with scents like Bonfire Bliss, Cucumber Mint, Lavender, or Cranberry Salsa (pictured). Unleash your creative soul and brighten your spirits with one-of-a-kind scents for yourself or your friends!
- Pouring pitcher
- Large wooden spoon
- Single electric burner or large sauce pan filled with water
- Digital cooking thermometer
- Electric glue gun
- 1/2 lb. soy wax flakes
- 1/2 ounce fragrance oil (specific for candle making)
- Tea-light wicks (pre-tabbed wick)
- Colored dye chips (optional)
- Mamma Chia Beverage caps
- Pour the soy wax flakes into a pouring pitcher and place on the electric burner or in a saucepan filled with water using low heat.
- Plug in hot glue gun, once warm, add a spot of glue on the metal tab of the tea light wick and place in the center of the Mamma Chia bottle cap. Set aside to cool.
- Melt the soy wax flakes and remove from heat once the temperature reaches 180 degrees.
- Using your wooden spoon add shavings of colored dye chip and your fragrance oil. Stir well for approximately 1 minute. Remove the spoon and allow the wax to cool to 135 degrees.
- Once the wax has cooled, slowly pour the wax in the Mamma Chia caps you set aside in Step 2, allowing the wax to set and harden.
- Light and enjoy your Magical Mamma Chia Tea Lights.