When most folks think of Halloween, they immediately jump to visions of sugary candy with harmful ingredients like high-fructose corn syrup and synthetic dies (yikes!). So how do you trick your little souls into eating healthy treats this Halloween? We’ve put together two fun and tasty recipes that magically hide some very powerful and nutrient-dense ingredients!
Your little ones will love these just as much as their Halloween candy… well, almost.
Makes 8 Boo Pops
- 4 large organic bananas
- Large tub of organic vanilla greek yogurt (approx. 32 oz.)
- Mamma Chia White Organic Chia Seeds
- Unsweetened organic coconut shreds
- Chocolate chips
- Gently peel the bananas and cut in half.
- Insert Popsicle sticks into each banana half.
- Dunk the banana halves into the tub of Greek yogurt until fully covered. Quickly roll the yogurt-covered banana in Mamma Chia White Chia Seeds, followed by the coconut shreds. Arrange three chocolate chips onto the banana to create a face.
- Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, freeze overnight and enjoy!
Protein Mummy Balls
Makes 12 Mummy Balls
- 1/4 cup organic honey (we love Wholesome’s Organic Raw Honey, but you may use agave nectar, too)
- 1/2 cup organic nut butter (we used almond butter, but any will do!)
- 2 Tbsp. Mamma Chia Black Chia Seeds
- 1/4 cup organic oats
- 3/4 cup organic chocolate rice crisp cereal (we used One Degree Organic Sprouted Brown Rice Cacao Crisps!)
- 1/4 cup organic vanilla protein powder (we love Orgain!)
- ¼ cup unsweetened, organic coconut shreds
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 tsp. organic coconut oil
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix the honey and almond butter together until smooth.
- Add the oats, chia seeds, rice crisps, coconut shreds and protein powder and mix together until it forms into a (nearly solid) dough. Roll the dough into 12 balls and place onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Melt the white chocolate chips and coconut oil on the stove or in the microwave at 30 second increments.
- Dunk the balls into the white chocolate mixture and place back onto the baking sheet. Once all have been covered, place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to set.
- Once set, remove the balls from the fridge and use the remaining white chocolate to drizzle on top to “mummify.” While the chocolate is still wet, place mini chocolate chips as eyes.
- Return to the refrigerator to set once again for an additional 30 minutes and enjoy!
Have a very Magical and Happy Halloween!