July 14th is National Mac and Cheese Day! We put our own spin on the ultimate classic comfort food and crafted this amazing Vegan ‘Mamma Mac and Chia-eese’ using our Organic Unsweetened Original Chiamilk!
- 2 cups potatoes (360 g), peeled and chopped
- 1 cup carrots (135 g), peeled and chopped
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil (85 ml)
- 1/2 cup Mamma Chia Organic Unsweetened Original Chiamilk
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast (8 tbsp)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- Boil or steam the potatoes and carrots in a large pot for about 20 minutes or until soft.
- Cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Place all the vegan cheese ingredients in a blender (including the cooked potatoes and carrots) and blend until smooth.
- Mix the cooked pasta and the vegan cheese in the pot and serve immediately
- Add a little bit more Chiamilk if the sauce is too thick.
- Peel the potatoes and the carrots if you like cheese with a smoother texture.
- Feel free to add other spices like ground black pepper, paprika, cayenne flakes or fresh/dried herbs such oregano, basil, thyme, parsley or chives
Mamma Chia Organic Chiamilk comes in two delicious 28 oz. varieties: Unsweetened Original and Unsweetened Vanilla – and is available NOW at your nearest Sprouts Farmers Market and other fine retailers! Visit our store locator and find a location near you!