Spooky season calls for spooky seasonings! Celebrate Halloween with these hauntingly delicious (and CHIA-fied) Vegetarian Stuffed Jack-O-Lantern Bell Peppers!
Makes 4 Servings
- 4 organic bell peppers (preferably large and orange!)
- 1 cup organic quinoa
- 1 cup organic rice
- 2 cups vegetable stock (or water)
- 2 tsp cumin powder
- 1 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 15-ounce can organic black beans (drained)
- 1 cup organic whole kernel corn
- 1 tsp vegetable or olive oil
- 1 tbsp Mamma Chia Organic Black Chia Seeds
- Optional toppings: salsa, lime juice, avocado, cilantro, diced red onion
- Cook quinoa and rice with vegetable stock in a saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat. Once boiling, reduce heat, cover, and simmer until all liquid is absorbed.
- Cut orange bell peppers however you like and keep fresh or cook them in the oven at 357° F and lightly brush with vegetable or olive oil
- Add cooked quinoa and rice into a bowl and mix in the seasonings, beans, corn and Chia Seeds.
- Scoop into the bell peppers and serve with toppings of choice!
- Enjoy this spooky treat with your favorite ghosts & ghouls!