January 15th is National Strawberry Ice Cream Day and we thought the best way to celebrate would be with a…
We’ve teamed up with California Country Gal to bring you a delicious holiday table favorite! Her company specializes in starch free, grain free bread mixes, and other auto-immune friendly treats.
Check out her website here: California Country Gal
I always make a ton of cranberry sauce for the holidays because it keeps well, takes minutes to make and is so easy to do there’s just no reason to buy canned. BUT when I’m a lazy gal, opening a can works here too. The raw (enzyme rich!) ingredients in this salad make it delightfully refreshing and even better the next day for breakfast.
CHIA CRANBERRY SALAD
Sweetener to equal 1 cup sugar. I used 1 cup erythritol
1 1/2 tablespoon organic gelatin or agar powder
1 cup organic cherry juice
1 thin skinned organic orange
2 cups fresh organic cranberries
1 1/2 cup organic whole cranberry sauce (homemade preferably)
1 cup organic sour cream
2-4 tablespoons port wine (optional)
1/2 cup diced organic celery
1/2 cup chopped organic walnuts
2 tablespoons Mamma Chia organic chia seeds
2/3 teaspoon organic cinnamon
½ teaspoon stevia or Pure Monk
- Line a jello mold or large bowl with plastic wrap or coat with mild tasting oil or cooking spray.
- In a small saucepan, stir together the erythritol and gelatin.
- Slowly stir in the cherry juice. Warm and stir over low heat until dissolved. Set aside to cool.
- Chop and de-seed the orange and put into your blender.
- Add half the cranberries to the blender.
- When the juice/gelatin mixture is cooled a bit, add to the blender and blend until the orange is in small pieces.
- Add the rest of the cranberries and pulse to chop, set aside.
- In a large bowl stir together the rest of the ingredients.
- Stir in the contents of the blender until well combined.
- Pour into the prepared bowl or mold and refrigerate until set, about 3 hours.
- Unmold and serve with sauce: 1/3 cup sour cream, zest and juice of one orange.