Memorial Day Weekend is here and since it’s the unofficial kick-off of the summer season, we wanted to share some festive and patriotic summertime recipes with chia that are perfect for any at-home celebration!
Red, White and Blue Chia Pudding Yogurt Parfait by Melissa P.
@Melissa_Gin_Khaao‘s Pink Dragonfruit/blue spirulina chia pudding with raspberry/blueberry compote, granola and vanilla greek yogurt.
Patriotic Vegan Pops (Makes 6!)
“Beet” the heat with these healthy pops that include our newest Chia Squeeze flavor, Cherry Beet, to add some tartness to everyone’s favorite frozen treat!
- 1 Cherry Beet Chia Squeeze
- 1/4 cup organic raspberries
- 1/4 cup organic strawberries
- 2 cups non-dairy yogurt (we used So-Delicious Vanilla flavored Coconut Milk yogurt)
- 1 Wild Raspberry Chia Squeeze
- 1/2 cup organic blueberries
Extra supplies you’ll need:
- 5 oz paper cups
- Paper straws or wooden popsicle sticks
- Red Layer – Blend one Cherry Beet Chia Squeeze with raspberries and strawberries until it reaches a purée consistency. Set aside 6 paper cups, these will be your Popsicle molds. Disperse the red layer equally into all 6 cups and immediately place in the freezer for 2 hours.
- White Layer – Once the red layer is frozen, remove molds from the freezer and add any non-dairy yogurt of your choice to the mold to create the middle white layer. When finished adding the second layer, gently add paper straws or Popsicle sticks. If you decide to use paper straws, snip each straw in half so the stick won’t be too long when placed into the mold. Place pops back in to the freezer for 2 more hours.
- Blue Layer – Blend one Wild Raspberry Chia Squeeze and blueberries until ingredients are completely puréed. Remove pops one last time and add the final layer. Place pops back into the freezer and let it sit overnight.
- Remove pops when you’re ready to eat. Run the paper cups under warm running water, rotating the cup around for 30 seconds. Carefully twist and pull pop from mold and enjoy!