To wrap up our #chiaholiday, we asked artist and foodie Heather Fenner to make us her favorite brunch! A painter, wife, and mom of three from Los Angeles, she knows a few things about making a filling and well decorated Holiday Brunch...
Chocolate Raspberry Chia Pudding
Aristotle once said, “Love is composed of a single soul inhabiting two bodies.” This Valentine’s Day, drop that box of chocolates and give your sweetheart something good for the body and soul! Our decadent Chocolate Raspberry Chia Pudding is full of heart-healthy Omega-3s and protein to satisfy any chocolate craving for this special day. The best part? This dessert has no added sugar and tastes absolutely amazing! It is sure to surprise and delight your sweetheart’s soul. We promise 🙂
- 6 Tbsp Mamma Chia organic chia seeds
- 2 cups organic non-dairy milk
- 6 large squares organic dark chocolate (at least 60% cacao)
- ½ cup fresh organic raspberries + 6 to decorate
- Place raspberries and 1 cup of non-dairy milk in blender and puree until smooth. Pour the mixture into a glass jar and add 3 Tbsp. of Mamma Chia organic chia seeds. Stir well with a spoon, or if your jar has a lid, shake well until all of the seeds are evenly covered in the raspberry liquid. Cover with a tight lid and and place in the refrigerator.
- Place 4 chocolate squares into a microwave safe bowl and microwave in 30 second increments, stirring in between, until chocolate is fully melted. If a microwave isn’t available, melt the chocolate over low heat on the stove. Be sure to place chocolate in a heatproof bowl that fits snugly over a pot of barely simmering water (or put the bowl directly in a wide, shallow skillet of barely simmering water). Stir occasionally until the chocolate is melted and smooth; remove it from the heat. Add 1 cup of non-dairy milk and whisk until combined.
- Once the chocolate mixture is cool, pour it into a glass jar and add 3 Tbsp. of chia seeds. Stir well with a spoon, or if your jar has a lid, shake well until all of the seeds are evenly covered in the chocolate liquid.
- Keep the raspberry and chocolate chia seed mixtures in the fridge overnight for at least 4 hours.
- Layer the chocolate and raspberry chia pudding into 2 small dessert glasses.
- Chop the remaining 2 squares of dark chocolate and use to decorate the chia pudding. Top with 2-3 fresh raspberries and enjoy!