Upcycling can be so fun, it’s spooky! 👻 We're loving these easy-to-make monstrous Mummy Chia party favors made from empty…
Cinnamon Apple Crumble
With the weather finally cooling down here in San Diego, we are officially ready to cozy up for the holidays! There’s no better way to bring the family together than the aroma of a warm apple crumble on a brisk fall day. This Cinnamon Apple Crumble combines the sweet, tart taste of apples with the warm, buttery taste of cinnamon and oats – all with the added nutrients of chia!
- 4 large organic Granny Smith apples (about 3 pounds)
- 1/4 cup organic sugar
- 1 organic lemon, juiced
- 2 tablespoons organic whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon organic ground cinnamon
- 1 cup organic whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup organic rolled oats
- ¾ cup Mamma Chia Cinnamon Pecan Granola Clusters
- 1/2 cup packed organic dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon organic ground cinnamon
- Pinch sea salt
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) cold organic butter, cut into small pieces
- Preheat to 350 degrees F.
- Peel, core, and slice apples into 1/4-inch slices. Place apples in a large mixing bowl and toss with sugar, lemon juice, flour, and cinnamon. Pour into a lightly greased 9 by 13-inch baking dish, and spread out into an even layer. Set aside.
- In another large bowl, mix together the flour, oats, granola clusters, sugar, cinnamon, and salt for the topping. Using a pastry cutter or your fingers, gently work in the cold butter until pea-sized lumps are formed.
- Top apples evenly with mixture and bake until apples are bubbly and topping is golden brown, about 45 minutes, rotating once halfway through cooking. Cover with aluminum foil when you rotate to prevent topping from burning.