Did you know that September is Better Breakfast Month? In order to encourage people young and old to start their…
We love when our products can be used in alternative ways! Our Chia Squeeze is no exception and is not only great for a grab-n-go snack, but, as you’ll see below, can be a great addition to some recipes!
California Country Gal’s Annabelle Lee is back to share a recipe that uses our Chia Squeeze in a new and unique way! Check out her recipe for a delicious Grain Free Bread Pudding that is a great breakfast or dessert for your holiday crowd!
“I love my Mamma Chia Squeeze Pouches for grab-and-go treats, but they also make great quick and easy sauces!”
- 1 loaf Rustic or Sandwich Bread made from California Country Mix
- 1/2 cup of your favorite nuts such as macadamias, walnuts or pecans
- 1 1/2 cups of your favorite fruit such as chopped apple, orange or blueberries
- 2 large eggs
- 2 1/2 cups coconut milk or heavy cream
- Sweetener to equal 1/2 cup sugar, I used erythritol/monk fruit blend
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1/3 teaspoon stevia
- 1 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- Cut the crusts off the bread, (dry them for bread crumbs or treat the crusts to your dogs!
- Cut the bread into 1/2 inch pieces (no need to dry the bread out)
- Coat an 8-inch square baking dish or 8-9-inch deep dish pie pan with butter
- Add the bread cubes, nuts and chopped fruit, toss lightly
- Whisk together the rest of the ingredients and carefully pour over the bread cubes
- Cover with plastic wrap and gently press down to submerge all the bread
- Let rest at least 2 hours on the counter (or up to 24 hours in the refrigerator
- Heat the oven to 350˚ and bake 40-50 minutes, until the top is brown and the center is set
- Serve warm with Chia Bourbon Sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 package of your favorite Chia Squeeze; I used Coconut Mango
- Your favorite sweetener, to taste. I used stevia drops
- 1-2 tablespoons bourbon (optional)
Melt the butter in a small saucepan and whisk in the rest of the ingredients.