Following decades of trying numerous regimens to try to get a handle on serious health issues, Mamma Chia founder Janie Hoffman was introduced to yet another superfood ancient grain: chia. The versatility of this little seed, packed with Omega-3s, antioxidants, fiber, protein, and calcium, makes it an easy addition to limitless foods and recipes. Read more… Read more…
To wrap up our #chiaholiday, we asked artist and foodie Heather Fenner to
make us her favorite brunch! A painter, wife, and mom of three from Los Angeles, she knows
a few things about making a filling and well decorated Holiday Brunch! Oh, and it’s super yummy, too!
The Holidays are all about family, food and fun. Don’t you agree?!
For your holiday gathering you have to pull out all the stops, ring those bells and deck those halls!
This is why I love to make an amazing Christmas Morning Brunch! This year I’m making two versions of my famous overnight French toast bake.
One will be a paleo version, as many of us in my family are Paleo/Primal, and of course the traditional version, as well.
Hot apple cider and bottomless mimosas shall flow freely… especially the mimosas. Definitely the mimosas.
Wait. What was I talking about ?! Oh right, the Brunch!
One of my favorite egg dishes is a frittata. But when you have several hungry family members to feed, I love changing it up a bit.
I make the mix but add it to muffin tins instead! I actually double, sometimes even triple the recipe for my Mamma Chia Seed Frittata.
The best part about baking the recipe in muffin tins are all the left overs. They’re great when someone needs a quick snack.
I mean let’s face it, after all of those mimosas the only thing Mrs. Claus wants to cook is herself, in a nice hot bath, while sipping on her bottomless mimosa!
So here is my recipe for my Chia Seed Frittata Muffins which complement as a side to any Christmas Brunch!
3/4 cup shredded store bought organic hash browns
(If you make your own has browns) 3/4 cup shredded potato
4 whole organic eggs
4 egg whites or 3/4 cup of liquid store whites
1/4 cup organic cherry tomatoes diced
1/3 cup organic white or sweet onion diced
3 tbs organic canned green chilies
1/4 cup organic artichoke hearts diced
1/4 cup organic fresh cilantro finely chopped
2 tbs organic fresh chives finely chopped
1 cup organic pepper jack cheese shredded
1/4 cup organic feta cheese
3 tbs organic Mamma Chia Organic White Chia Seeds
- Preheat Oven to 350 Degrees
- Prepare the hash browns according to instructions – these will be added in the next step
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk eggs with egg whites. Add remaining ingredients; mix well to combine.
- Prepare a muffin tin with nonstick baking spray. Pour egg mixture evenly into cups.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until set. Remove from oven; set aside to cool for about 5 minutes
- Serve warm or place in the refrigerator for up to 5 days and serve for a quick breakfast or snack
*Pair with a Mamma Chia Vitality Drink Mimosa!
Simply mix together a desired amount of organic orange juice and your favorite
Mamma Chia Vitality Beverage in a flute glass. Pour over with champagne and enjoy!
We love when our products can be used in alternative ways! Our Chia Squeeze is no exception and is not only great for a grab-n-go snack, but, as you’ll see below, can be a great addition to some recipes!
California Country Gal’s Annabelle Lee is back to share a recipe that uses our Chia Squeeze in a new and unique way! Check out her recipe for a delicious Grain Free Bread Pudding that is a great breakfast or dessert for your holiday crowd!
“I love my Mamma Chia Squeeze Pouches for grab-and-go treats, but they also make great quick and easy sauces!”
- 1 loaf Rustic or Sandwich Bread made from California Country Mix
- 1/2 cup of your favorite nuts such as macadamias, walnuts or pecans
- 1 1/2 cups of your favorite fruit such as chopped apple, orange or blueberries
- 2 large eggs
- 2 1/2 cups coconut milk or heavy cream
- Sweetener to equal 1/2 cup sugar, I used erythritol/monk fruit blend
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1/3 teaspoon stevia
- 1 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- Cut the crusts off the bread, (dry them for bread crumbs or treat the crusts to your dogs!
- Cut the bread into 1/2 inch pieces (no need to dry the bread out)
- Coat an 8-inch square baking dish or 8-9-inch deep dish pie pan with butter
- Add the bread cubes, nuts and chopped fruit, toss lightly
- Whisk together the rest of the ingredients and carefully pour over the bread cubes
- Cover with plastic wrap and gently press down to submerge all the bread
- Let rest at least 2 hours on the counter (or up to 24 hours in the refrigerator
- Heat the oven to 350˚ and bake 40-50 minutes, until the top is brown and the center is set
- Serve warm with Chia Bourbon Sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 package of your favorite Chia Squeeze; I used Coconut Mango
- Your favorite sweetener, to taste. I used stevia drops
- 1-2 tablespoons bourbon (optional)
Melt the butter in a small saucepan and whisk in the rest of the ingredients.
As a result, some lightly sweetened brands of granola are starting to emerge. Mr. Bellatti, the dietitian, said he often recommends Mamma Chia’s Vanilla Almond granola, which has about 10 grams of sugar per cup. Read more…
I bring these bite-size energy balls with me when I’m on the go, and they take just minutes to whip up! They’re made with Mamma Chia Organic Chia Seeds, which provide a satiating mix of protein, fiber, and healthy fat. Read more…
Suspended chia seeds are kind of an amazing drink, especially when they’re suspended in fruit juice or green juice. You can totally make it at home or buy it. Of late, I’ve been pretty obsessed with the new Mamma Chia’s Organic Chia & Greens… Read more…
Suit up and double knot those cleats….are you ready for some FOOTBALL? Stadiums and homes filled with cheering fans, the cool breeze of autumn in your hair, the smell of…oh sorry, we got a little carried away! But, football season is officially here! We are gearing up for the big games with a list of tasty tailgating recipes that will convert to touchdowns at your party. You can even incorporate our secret powerhouse ingredient, chia seeds, to make those football party treats a little more guilt-free, if you’re up for the challenge. There are no penalty flags on the play, just choose your favorite recipe and be ready to tackle your taste buds!
CHIA-eers! Here’s a his and hers beverage idea that will score with everyone, no matter what team you’re rooting for!
1.Bloody Mary Beer by Lady Behind the Curtain
This savory concotion is a great way to settle your belly if you’re off to a rocky start before the party begins. You can also throw in a spoonful of chia seeds to help you stay hydrated throughout the game.
2. Tailgate Sipper by Fake Ginger
For a lighter refreshment, try this bourbon based cocktail. For a little added tartness, we like to add a splash of our Strawberry Lemonade Vitality Beverage.
1.Mac n’ Cheese Bites by Old House to New Home
There are absolutely no utensils required to tackle this cheesy goodness. Just pop it right into your mouth! For an added crunch, simply sprinkle a tablespoon of chia over the top and voila, Mac n’ Chia Cheese Bites. Yum!
2. Cauliflower Tots by Just a Taste
Everyone loves tots! What better way to sneak some veggies into your tailgating shindig than to wrap them up in some tater tots that sure won’t disappoint. Add two tablespoons of chia seeds for more texture, or to take your tots to the next level, create a variety of sauces to dip and dunk your appetizers.
3. Smoky Sweet Potato Dip by Healthy Aperture
Sweeten up the party with this healthy chip and dip. This simple dip will delight your taste buds and won’t leave you feeling like a linebacker. Toss a dash of chia seeds in to give it a little crunch!
1.Football Whoopie Pies by The Cake Blog
Score a touchdown and satisfy your sweet tooth with this delightful dessert. You’ll be the ultimate victor with this treat on your special teams. You can even try and create a vegan-friendly version by using non-dairy milk and “chia eggs” instead!
Still trying to find your back-to-school groove? These chia-full bars are a great grab-and-go snack packed with Omega-3s and protein to fuel you up before you start the day! Both vegan and gluten-free, these bars are filled with tasty raspberry chia jam to add a touch of sweetness, making them the perfect treat to enjoy with a cup of joe or tea! Just prep and pop them in the oven the night before the school week begins and you’ll be set for those mornings you find yourself rushing out the door.
Raspberry Chia Jam
- 3 cups organic frozen raspberries
- 2 Tbsp Mamma Chia Organic Chia Seeds
- 3 Tbsp organic maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp organic vanilla extract
Granola & Oat Bars
- Mamma Chia Vanilla Almond Chia Granola Clusters
- 1 chia egg (1 Tbsp Mamma Chia Organic Chia Seeds + 4 Tbsp water)
- 1/3 cup organic coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup organic maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp organic brown rice syrup (or honey)
- 1 tsp organic vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups gluten-free rolled oats
- 1/2 cup rolled oats, ground into flour
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- pinch of pink Himalayan sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper.
- Raspberry Chia Jam: In a medium pot, combine all the ingredients listed above, except for the vanilla extract, stirring until it’s combined. Bring the ingredients to a low boil. Once it reaches a low boil, reduce the heat to medium. Cover the pot and let the jam simmer for about 10 minutes. Continuously stir jam while it simmers until the raspberries melt and the contents start to thicken. Remove pot from stove and stir in the vanilla extract. Transfer the jam into a closed container and place in the freezer to cool.
- Granola & Oat Squares: Create your chia egg by combining the chia seeds and water in a small mug. Mix and set aside at room temperature for about 5 minutes or until it thickens.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir your melted coconut oil, maple syrup, honey, and vanilla. Add chia egg in once it’s ready.
- Create your rolled oat flour by grinding it in a food processor or high-speed blender on high until you reach a flour like consistency. It should happen fairly quickly.
- Add one ingredient at a time, stirring in first the rolled oats, almond flour, oat flour, baking soda, and salt until the mixture comes together. The mixture should be sticky.
- Take 2/3 of the oat mixture in to the baking pan. Use a piece of parchment paper to press the contents down and spread evenly across the pan. You may need to press the dough firmly against the pan with a spatula.
- Remove raspberry chia jam from the freezer and layer it evenly over the oat mixture.
- Use the remaining oat mixture to layer over the chia jam, crumbling it on top.
- Place the breakfast bars in the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes, uncovered. After the first 20 minutes, remove the bars and sprinkle Mamma Chia Vanilla Almond Chia Granola Clusters on top for an extra crunch. If the tops of the bars appear to have browned cover the pan in tinfoil for the remainder 5-10 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven and set aside to cool for 30 mins. Carefully slice the bars into squares and enjoy!
“Beet, cherries and chia seeds are three of the best foods for runners. Full of antioxidants, nitrates and omega-3’s, these foods have been linked to increased speed, improved endurance and quicker recovery. This little packet serves them all up in one tasty little package, a perfect 70-calorie snack.” -Jessica Sebor, editor in chief Read more…
The start of school is rapidly approaching. And, let’s face it – you aren’t going to be creating homemade lunches from scratch every single day. Fortunately, grocery stores are offering better packaged options that aren’t just good for your health, they give back to the community and planet as well. Here are a few lunchbox upgrades to consider when stocking up for back to school. Read more…
Happy National Refreshment Day!
Cool off with the family after a day in the sun! Enjoy summer’s most popular fruit with a little twist of chia seeds for the ultimate hydrating beverage. Sip on our Guava Watermelon Chia Fresca and serve up this tasty drink whichever way you prefer! We have kid-friendly and adults-only recipes to share so that souls of any age can enjoy this summery treat! You can even freeze any left overs to create your own homemade Guava Watermelon Chia Fresca popsicles for dessert! YUM!
- 1 organic seedless watermelon
- 1/2 cup Guava Mamma Chia Vitality Beverage
- 1 organic lime, freshly squeezed
- 1 Tbsp organic agave nectar
- Watermelon or lime wedges set aside for garnish (optional)
- 2 1/2 ounces White Rum
- 1 1/2 ounces Triple Sec
- Chop the watermelon into 2-inch chunks separating it from the rind and place 4 cups into a blender.
- Add the remaining ingredients from the list to the blender and puree everything until it reaches a frothy consistency.
- Pour the Chia Fresca over ice and garnish with a watermelon or lime wedge.
- Once the chia fresca is pureed, move to a beverage pitcher and add the Triple Sec and rum of your choice. Stir the additional ingredients until mixed well.
- Serve over ice and garnish with a watermelon or lime wedge.
Top Savory And Sweet Eats From NYC’s 2016 Summer Fancy Food Show
Every summer at the biennial Fancy Food Show, the Javits Center in New York City turns into a massive food hall as thousands of specialty food vendors from across the world occupy the space to showcase their finest culinary goods. The quality and the variety of food items displayed at this year’s show was no exception – these are just a few of my favorite things! Read more…
Recently, I had the great privilege of reconnecting with Mamma Chia founder and CEO, Janie Hoffman. I reached out after re-reading her brilliant book, Chia Vitality and then using her amazing chia cookbook. Hoffman is one of those rare social entrepreneurs and business leaders who is humble to the core, leads every day with gratitude, and is constantly cultivating her curiosity. Read more…
“There’s nothing you can’t put a chia seed in,” said Janie Hoffman, founder and chief executive officer of Mamma Chia. Her Carlsbad, Calif.-based company offers an assortment of beverages and snacks featuring the nutrient-dense seed. “Chia is neutral in flavor and boosts the nutrients of anything it’s added to,” Ms. Hoffman said. “I put chia in everything in my kitchen.” Read more…
Mamma Chia’s Organic Chia & Greens beverages were chosen as one of the nationwide Buyers’ Picks for 2016 in the Specialty Food Association’s Summer 2016 issue. Our Grateful Greens, a mixture of Kale & Mint and other veggies was chosen as one of the “Better-for-You-Beverages.” Click here to read more!
When the weather warms up, our thoughts drift to seaside frolics with our favorite group of beach-going friends. So, we’ve taken to making our own portable paradise by packing a bag of beach essentials that includes snacks, drinks, and entertainment. Here are five items to bring beachside that’ll keep all your worries at bay. Click here to read more!
Are you new to incorporating chia into your meals or stumped as to what to create next with your chia seeds? We are here to help you out! We’ve put together The Ultimate Guide to Chia Pudding, highlighting our simplistic in-house recipes along with decadent chia seed masterpieces from our favorite bloggers. Seed Your Soul with recipes that are beginner friendly, using minimal ingredients, as well as intermediate recipes for those who enjoy playing with food art. Grab a bag of Mamma Chia Organic Chia Seeds and explore the possibilities with this neutrally flavored, but highly nutritious seed. Who knows, you might just stumble upon your very own chia-licious recipe! For more amazing recipes scroll to the bottom and download the full e-book, The Ultimate Guide to Chia Pudding. Get creative and enjoy!
1.Coconut Chia Rainbow Parfait | @earthyandy
3. Cake Batter Chia Pudding | @edibleash
4. Carrot Cake Chia Pudding | @blueberrysmoothies
DOWNLOAD THE ULTIMATE GUIDE TO CHIA PUDDING
By downloading this e-book, you are signing up for the Mamma Chia mailing list.
WHY WE LOVE: Perfectly paired strawberries and bananas are combined with fresh beets to make this Chia Squeeze simply irresistible! Seed Your Soul® with this delectable vitality snack wherever your daily journey takes you! Organic chia seeds are infused with delicious fruits and vegetables to create a convenient, fun and tasty snack for active people of all ages. Click here to see the entire article.
“Nutritious snacks are a must when traveling with kids,” says Jillian Michaels. “You don’t have to feed them junk when their blood sugar crashes.” The trainer, 42, chooses fare free of artificial ingredients for daughter Lukensia, 6, and son Phoenix, 4 (with fiancee Heidi Rhoades). Load up on her favorites! Click here to see the entire article.
One word sums up Mamma Chia’s Pinterest page: Inspirational. Mamma Chia taps into that brand gestalt with every board it’s created. Seeds of Knowledge, Gratitude, and Joy are well thought-out, brand-centric examples of those ubiquitous “inspirational sayings” boards you see peppered throughout Pinterest. Click here to read the entire interview.
Berry Chia Yogurt Pops
Summer is right around the corner and the weather is already heating up! Chill out with these 5-ingredient Berry Chia Yogurt Pops that are so simple to make – you wont’t even break a sweat!
- 2 cups organic blackberries
- 1 Wild Raspberry Chia Squeeze
- 2 cups organic vanilla Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons organic honey
- 1 Popsicle mold (pictured: Zoku Triple Quick Pop Maker)
- Blend the blackberries in a food processor or blender until it reaches a puree-like consistency.
- Grab a large bowl and pour the blackberry puree in. First, add the 2 tablespoons of organic honey and 1 Wild Raspberry Chia Squeeze with the blackberry puree. Next, add you vanilla yogurt being mindful to barely mix with the berries to create a marbled design when the Popsicle is finished.
- Fill your Popsicle molds with the completed mixture and stow away in your freezer overnight.
- Crack open the freezer, pull out a pop, and enjoy!
Mamma Chia Joyful Greens was featured in Phil’s Food Reviews as a Pick of the Week! We caught up with Janie Hoffman, Mamma Chia Founder and CEO, to find out more about how this hit new product was developed.
Click here to read the entire interview.
One such emerging brand tapping into consumers’ desire for new and interesting products that engage consumers in culinary, wellness and fresh experiences is Mamma Chia. Hartbeat recently sat down with Janie Hoffman, Mamma Chia founder and CEO, to chat about the company’s roots and consumer reactions to its unique offerings. Click here to read the entire interview.
Mamma Chia is delighted to announce the designation of March 23 as National Chia Day. This day will recognize the tiny, yet powerful chia seed that has earned its reputation as being one of the most nutrient-rich foods on the planet. To celebrate the first annual National Chia Day on March 23, 2016, Mamma Chia will help followers “get their chia on” with Instagram giveaways (@MammaChia), 23-percent off discounts on all orders, as well as free shipping on orders over $23 placed on www.ShopMammaChia.com. Read more …
National Chia Day
It’s the most MAGICAL day of the year — National Chia Day! Mamma Chia has officially designated March 23rd as National Chia Day with the registrar of National Day Calendar! This day recognizes the tiny, yet powerful chia seed that has earned its reputation as being one of the MOST nutrient-rich foods on the planet! Revered by the Maya and Aztecs for their amazing healing powers and natural energy, chia seeds have become a trusted staple for people around the world and can be enjoyed in many foods and beverages!
Want to join the celebration? Here’s some fun & simple ways to celebrate #NationalChiaDay…
1. Post a chia-related photo on your social media channels and tag @MammaChia #NationalChiaDay on March 23rd. It can be a recipe, chia-related facts, your favorite Mamma Chia products… the list goes on! Start your day with our Chia Granola Clusters, power through the day with our Chia Vitality Bars, or enjoy any of Chia Beverages at any time. Celebrate every meal by adding chia!
2. Share our Chia Facts Infographic below to spread the Magic of chia!
Embed this Infographic On Your Site
3. Create this delicious Chia Berry Shake from Janie Hoffman’s The Chia Cookbook (recipe below)!
- 2 tablespoons black or white Mamma Chia organic chia seeds
- 1 cup purified water
- 2 cups organic frozen mixed berries (such as blackberries, blueberries and marionberries), plus more for garnish (optional)
- Pinch of organic ground cardamom
- 1 cup plain unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar or honey
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 organic Hass avocado
- In a liquid measuring cup or small bowl, whisk together the chia seeds and water and let stand for about 20 minutes (makes about 1 1/8 cups chia gel).
- Place the chia gel, frozen berries, cardamom, almond milk, agave nectar, vanilla, and avocado in a blender.
- Cover and blend on high until thick and creamy.
- Pour into two glasses. Garnish with additional berries and serve immediately. Enjoy!
Top 5 Favorite Green Foods to Eat
Hello March! We’re feelin’ more green than normal this month and we mean it in a good way! Time to start grubbing on the Magic of these power veggies and discover new facts about our top 5 greens to eat! They’ll be sure to keep you extra groovy this month!
Skip the fruits with this green veggie that’s ready to fill your belly up. One cup of fresh broccoli is equivalent to an orange, giving you your full daily serving of vitamin C! Broccoli, just like chia seeds, are high in fiber and it just so happens our new Chia & Greens beverages contain the two! So grab a bottle, drink up and get a double whammy of both nutrient packed foods!
Kale Yeah! This power green is great source of alpha-linoleic acid (ALA), an omega-3 fatty acid, which is essential for brain health. Did you know most of the kale in the U.S is grown in California? No wonder we’re nicknamed Kale-ifornia!
Throw together a quick kale salad to keep you sustained throughout the day. Kale and Honeycrisp Apple Salad: 2 handfuls of Kale, half of a honeycrisp apple diced, 1 tbsp dried cranberries, 1 tbsp feta cheese, 1 tbsp pumpkin seeds, add any dressing of your choice.
Be “cool as a cucumber” with this refreshing snack. This veggie may not be considered a power green, but its special powers have us wanting more, which is why this veggie is on our top 5 list. Don’t drink enough water during the day? Crunch on some cucumber slices to hydrate your soul since they’re made up of 95% water, keeping you full and kicking any hunger cravings to the curb!
Kick back and relax with this light and easy salad from The Fresh Find! Tomato, Cucumber, and Mint Salad: 2 medium cucumbers, 3 roma tomatoes, 1/2 small onion, 1/2 medium avocado, 1 handful of mint, 1 tbsp olive oil, 1 tbsp red wine vinegar.
With Kale taking the current spotlight in the “power green” category, nutrient-rich spinach is often left in the dark. This leafy green is exceptionally beneficial for our vegan and vegetarian friends, as it is high in niacin, zinc, protein, fiber, vitamins C, A, E and K, thiamine, vitamin B6, folate, calcium, magnesium, iron, potassium and copper. Wow! This soft and flavorful green is a wonderful addition to any smoothie, juice, or salad!
Sauté a handful of spinach in a pan with a small drizzle of olive oil, and you’ve got a nutritious and delicious side dish. Add 1 Tbsp. of chia seeds for even more added nutrients!
5. Swiss Chard
It’s evident how nutritious this plant is by its bright-colored stalks and dark green leaves! The high fiber content in this plant (4g in 1 cup of cooked chard) is perfect for aiding digestion, as well as regulating blood sugar levels and improving overall colon health.
Incorporate swiss chard into your next smoothie with this simple and tasty recipe! Swiss Chard and Mango Smoothie: blend 1 cup of swiss chard with 1 cup frozen mango, ½ cup water, ½ cup ice, 1 lime wedge, and fresh squeezed juice of ½ an orange. Enjoy!
Chocolate Raspberry Chia Pudding
Aristotle once said, “Love is composed of a single soul inhabiting two bodies.” This Valentine’s Day, drop that box of chocolates and give your sweetheart something good for the body and soul! Our decadent Chocolate Raspberry Chia Pudding is full of heart-healthy Omega-3s and protein to satisfy any chocolate craving for this special day. The best part? This dessert has no added sugar and tastes absolutely amazing! It is sure to surprise and delight your sweetheart’s soul. We promise 🙂
- 6 Tbsp Mamma Chia organic chia seeds
- 2 cups organic non-dairy milk
- 6 large squares organic dark chocolate (at least 60% cacao)
- ½ cup fresh organic raspberries + 6 to decorate
- Place raspberries and 1 cup of non-dairy milk in blender and puree until smooth. Pour the mixture into a glass jar and add 3 Tbsp. of Mamma Chia organic chia seeds. Stir well with a spoon, or if your jar has a lid, shake well until all of the seeds are evenly covered in the raspberry liquid. Cover with a tight lid and and place in the refrigerator.
- Place 4 chocolate squares into a microwave safe bowl and microwave in 30 second increments, stirring in between, until chocolate is fully melted. If a microwave isn’t available, melt the chocolate over low heat on the stove. Be sure to place chocolate in a heatproof bowl that fits snugly over a pot of barely simmering water (or put the bowl directly in a wide, shallow skillet of barely simmering water). Stir occasionally until the chocolate is melted and smooth; remove it from the heat. Add 1 cup of non-dairy milk and whisk until combined.
- Once the chocolate mixture is cool, pour it into a glass jar and add 3 Tbsp. of chia seeds. Stir well with a spoon, or if your jar has a lid, shake well until all of the seeds are evenly covered in the chocolate liquid.
- Keep the raspberry and chocolate chia seed mixtures in the fridge overnight for at least 4 hours.
- Layer the chocolate and raspberry chia pudding into 2 small dessert glasses.
- Chop the remaining 2 squares of dark chocolate and use to decorate the chia pudding. Top with 2-3 fresh raspberries and enjoy!
It’s fairly common to have a new beverage brand insist that it’s creating a new segment. It’s not as common to have that actually happen. But that’s essentially what occurred in 2009 when Janie Hoffman founded Mamma Chia after she discovered the wonders of the chia seed. Read more…
I recently had the pleasure of meeting Mamma Chia founder Janie Hoffman, who like me has overcome years of health crises and restored her health by changing her lifestyle to incorporate more plant-based, anti-inflammatory foods. Hoffman’s goal is to share the magic of chia seeds, and create a brand that will honor and uplift humanity — a message easily interpreted by the brand’s brightly covered packaging. Watch the video and read more…
Walking up and down the aisles at Natural Products Expo, you’ll see chia everywhere—in chips, granolas, beverages, cookies and bars. But it wasn’t always that way. When Janie Hoffman, the founder and CEO of Mamma Chia, founded the company in 2009, the superseed hadn’t yet gone mainstream. Watch the video and read more…
According To Janie Hoffman Of Mamma Chia
If part of your New Year’s resolution was to live better and eat healthier, chances are you’ve come across chia seeds in wanderings for nutritious snacks. They’re having a bit of a food moment and for good reason. Not only do they play well with other ingredients, but they also offer a host of health benefits. We got the deets on chia seeds from Janie Hoffman, founder of Mamma Chia. Read more…
Consumers in the United States and around the world continue to snack more and more every day, with less room for traditional meals. While this trend is influenced by many factors, the key demographic driving it is millennials, the generation of Americans born roughly between 1977 and 1995 who account for nearly a quarter of the total U.S. population. Read more…
Walking up and down the aisles at Natural Products Expo, you’ll see chia everywhere—in chips, granolas, beverages, cookies and bars. But it wasn’t always that way. When Janie Hoffman, the founder and CEO of Mamma Chia, founded the company in 2009, the superseed hadn’t yet gone mainstream. Read more and watch the video!
This is exemplified by Mamma Chia Organic Chia & Greens. The new line combines the nutritional powerhouse of chia with vibrant greens, including kale, spinach, broccoli, spirulina, barley grass and wheatgrass. Mamma Chia Organic Chia & Greens offers one of the most nutrient-rich green beverages on the shelf. Read more…
If you haven’t experienced Mamma Chia’s drinks, you’re missing out. Ever since the recent explosive popularity of chia seeds and all of their health benefits, Mamma Chia has been flying off the shelf. And for good reason, their drinks are so delicious and unlike any other drink on the planet. Read more…
Mamma Chia, the pioneer of the chia revolution, is launching a new line of Organic Chia Vitality Bars with just four grams of sugar! Each lightly-sweetened bar is a tasty anytime snack that delivers the powerful nutrients of chia in a great-tasting quartet of delicious new flavor combinations. These yummy bars are great for an on-the-go breakfast, packed in a healthy lunch, tucked in a gym bag for a pre- or post-workout snack, or anytime you need to power your soul’s purpose. Read more …
Janie Hoffman launched a revolution in 2009 when she boldly took chia seeds from the bulk section to the beverage cooler. The color, unique look and even the gelled texture captured customers and created a category that practically stands on its own as food-makers followed her lead and added chia boosters or put the seeds center stage in new products. Read more…
Mamma Chia, a leading producer of organic, chia-based foods and beverages, made its second appearance at the National Association of Convenience Stores show. In a video interview filmed at the event, Matt Buckley, Mamma Chia’s senior vice president of sales and marketing, discussed the company’s foray into convenience stores, noting that the retailing channel may offer access to millennial consumers. Read more…
Every year at Natural Products Expo West and Natural Products Expo East, editors and trend researchers from New Hope Natural Media and Sterling-Rice Group scour the show floor to find the products and brands they predict will shape the future of the natural products industry. The best of the best receive NEXTY nominations, which recognize the companies that embody not only the most innovative edge of the natural products industry, but also its deeply held social and environmental values. Click here to read the full article.
This product is a hit! 1,000 mg of Omega 3s and 1,000% great taste. This bar is delicious. Packed with blueberries, almonds, macadamia nuts, walnuts, cherries, currants, raisins and, of course, Chia seeds. One bite and you’ll be hooked.
Click here to watch the video clip.
Energy Drinks Are Still Going Strong! Marketers should also note ongoing activity in organic energy drinks. More specialized introductions include Mamma Chia’s Chia Vitality energy drinks with chia seeds, guayusa, and fruit juices. Click here to read the full article.
Chia & Greens Rated 4.5 of 5 by BevNET! With its dark red-colored liquid, the Love Greens variety of Mamma Chia’s USDA Organic certified Chia & Greens line is certainly the most unique looking of the bunch. It’s also the most unique tasting, with the unmistakable flavor of beet juice hitting your palate relatively quickly. Read more…
Strawberry Coconut Chia Popsicles
Big Mamma Chia thanks to our pals at Pura Vida Bracelets for this Magical chia-spiration!
Who knew popsicles could be good for you? Hold onto what’s left of summer with these super easy and protein-packed pops.
Makes 10 servings
2 cups unsweetened coconut milk
4 tablespoons Mamma Chia organic chia seeds
1½ cups diced strawberries
1/2 cup shredded coconut
2 tablespoons honey (more or less depending on taste)
1) Combine all the ingredients in a bowl with a spout (makes pouring easier).
2) Stir until the chia seeds are evenly spread throughout mixture.
3) Refrigerate for 4 hours or until the chia seeds begin to expand.
4) Pour the mixture into popsicle molds (or plastic cups with a popsicle stick inserted in the middle) and freeze overnight.
5) Enjoy a healthy sweet treat whenever you need a cool dose of summer!
Recipe via A Happy Food Dance
Blog post via Pura Vida Bracelets
Mamma Chia, creator of the first-to-market chia beverage and celebrated chia innovator, has added the Magic of Chia® to the world of green beverages with the introduction of Mamma Chia Organic Chia & Greens. This fresh, new line combines the nutritional powerhouse of chia with vibrant greens, offering category-leading nutrition with great-tasting flavors to provide a delicious, fun, on-the-go beverage. Enjoy as a kick-start to your day, as a revitalizing mid-afternoon pick-me-up or anytime you want that feeling of rejuvenation! Read more ..
The folks at Mamma Chia decided to make a good thing even better with their Chia Squeeze pouches. They took the basic fruit puree base, made it 100% organic, and added hydrated chia seeds to ramp up the nutrition factor with 1200 mg of brain-boosting Omega 3s, 4 grams of fiber and 2 grams of complete protein in every pouch. Read more…
When lots of new products are stocked, Zack Hellmann, 26, swings through a couple of times a week. He hangs out, chats with other customers and sometimes takes home a keeper of a product he’d never noticed at his grocery store, like the Mamma Chia brand vitality snack he sampled. [n.b., Chia Squeeze retail price is $1.79 not $4.00 as reported in the article] Read more…
Mamma Chia’s Clean Energy beverages were featured in the Specialty Food Association’s Summer 2015 issue on Out of the Ordinary Drinks. “Desire for clean energy without the jitters has led to a category of natural energy drinks with guayusa or yerba mate.” Click here to read more!
Mamma Chia’s Organic Chia Granola Clusters was awarded Delicious Living’s 2015 Best Bite award for Best Granola! Available in 3 tasty flavors – Wild Blueberry, Vanilla Almond and Cinnamon Pecan – each serving contains 10g of Protein (Soy free and Dairy free!), is organic, non-GMO and gluten free. Click here to read more!
Mamma Chia Founder & CEO, Janie Hoffman, visited Ken Rutkowski, host of Business Rockstars, for a fun, informative and unpredictable interview! Business Rockstars is carried in over 170 markets and reaches over
1 million viewers daily!
Snack Fairly with These Nine Outstanding Brands: Mamma Chia donates 1 percent of its gross sales to build tenable food systems by supporting farmers and community groups around the world. The company is also… Read more…
Mamma Chia Organic Chia Granola Clusters were selected as a finalist for a 2015 Foodie Award by Vegetarian Times! Available in 3 delicious flavors: Vanilla Almond, Wild Blueberry and Cinnamon Pecan, our Chia Granola Clusters deliver 10g of Protein (Soy and Dairy free!), are gluten-free, Non-GMO and certified Organic! Read more…
Real Leaders Magazine featured an interview with Mamma Chia CEO & Founder, Janie Hoffman, talking about the skyrocketing popularity of chia as well as the story of how she started Mamma Chia in her kitchen, the company’s social mission and the importance of organic food in the world. Read more…
Fox5 News San Diego featured Mamma Chia as one of the best healthy beverages available in local San Diego markets on its “Healthy Beverage Shopping” segment!
Produce Business Magazine featured Mamma Chia Organic Vitality Bars and Chia Granola Clusters in its May 2015 article about new products appearing in the produce aisles of stores. Read more…
Mamma Chia Founder & CEO, Janie Hoffman, answers a fun and wide range of questions in Ken Rutkowski’s 60-second CEO segment on Business Rockstars!
Business Rockstars is carried in over 170 markets and reaches over 1 million viewers daily!
Mamma Chia Organic Chia Granola Clusters were featured on FOX5 Morning News and selected as a Healthy Food Find by Merilee Kern!
Mamma Chia Organic Chia Squeeze was selected by Good Housekeeping Magazine as a “Best of the Test” for breakfast! “If you’re craving a smoothie and don’t have time to make one, these squeeze pouches are your best bet. Our favorite: Mamma Chia in Strawberry Banana.” Read more…
From The Chia Cookbook by Janie Hoffman, Sticky Chia Brown Rice with Fried Egg: Chia seeds add crunch and extra omega-3s to this simple sticky rice and fried egg dish. Enjoy it for breakfast, lunch or dinner — it will keep you satisfied any time of day. Read more…
Cognitive health appeals to all ages! Mamma Chia’s Vitality Energy contains 2,500mg of omega-3’s in a 10 oz. bottle. Read more…
Wellness in a bottle! Like fiber and protein, omega-3 fatty acids are another nutrient getting a lot of buzz due to the role it plays in overall health and wellness… Read more…