Within a year of its market debut in 2010, its innovative chia-based beverages were distributed in thousands of stores, including nationally at Whole Foods. A few months later, founder Janie Hoffman was highlighted in a widely-read New York Times article about growing consumer demand for chia. Mamma Chia has since evolved into a platform brand that also markets snacks and other foods and is one of the leading brands in the chia space. Listen here!
In honor of Earth Day week, we decided to make a list of of all the ways YOU can become more eco-friendly in your everyday life! 🍃🌎
1️⃣ Reduce Food Waste
-Shop from bulk bins. Some products you can get include: flour, sugar, cereal/granola, oats, nuts/seeds, beans/lentils, and grains. This also makes it easy to buy the exact amounts that you need so you don’t end up buying too much plus you aren’t wasting extra packaging products usually come in.
-Use mason jars and reusable bags when buying in bulk
-Start a garden and eat the fruits and veggies from it! (This also cuts down on your carbon footprint)
-Start a compost and use it to fertilize your plants/garden
-Use loose leaf tea rather than packaged tea
-Purchase foods that come in recyclable or compostable packaging
*Did YOU know that our Organic Mamma Chia Vitality Beverages are 100% recyclable?*
2️⃣ Shop Mindfully
-Say NO to shopping bags! Not just at grocery stores, but even at the mall 🛍️
-Bring your own reusable/collapsible bags ! (Keep one in your car at all times)
-Shop Local: Both clothing and food. This also supports the local economy!
-Shop Second-Hand: –Local thrift shops such as Goodwill or ones that donate money to charities
-Online/phone applications: Thred Up, Poshmark, Vinted, eBay, letgo, and Craigslist
-Think before you purchase! Do you really NEED it? Can you fix it before replacing it?
-Purchase from eco-conscious brands that use recyclable packaging/materials, sustainable ingredients, and are part of organizations such as 1% for the Planet
-Purchase Certified USDA Organic products
*Did YOU know that Mamma Chia is a Certified B Corp, member of 1% for the planet, Non-GMO, and USDA Organic?*
3️⃣ Reusable Products
-Glass, stainless steel, and silicone storage containers are perfect to use for packed lunches
-Bring them to restaurants, especially when you know you will have leftovers
-Bring a reusable water bottle or cup when going out to buy drinks such as smoothies, coffee, or tea
-Say NO to plastic straws or bring your own stainless steel straw
-Use washable cloths instead of paper towels
4️⃣ Bathroom Tips:
-Take shorter showers 🚿
-Use products that minimize packaging waste such as shampoo and soap bars and toothpaste tablets
-Use biodegradable products such as Dr. Bronner’s Pure-Castile Soap (You can purchase their products in bulk as well!)
-Washable makeup and hygiene products such as face wipes, makeup pads, and feminine products
-Use wooden combs and toothbrushes instead of plastic ones
-Use GREEN cleaning products: Opt for all natural and organic methods of cleaning
-Walk, run, skateboard, roller blade, scooter, bike – these are ALL options you can take instead of driving! 🚲
-There are also options such as electric vehicles, electric scooters and bikes, and public transportation that help to lessen greenhouse gas emissions
-Park further away (Bonus, you get more exercise!)
Take a minute before throwing your trash in the garbage to find out if you can recycle it instead ♻️
National Chia Day 💜 March 23rd, 2019
It’s that time of year everyone – National Chia Day is THIS weekend! Did you know that Chia Seeds are one of THE MOST nutrient-rich foods on the planet!? They can easily be incorporated into almost every meal. We are also doing a giveaway which you can find all the details for at the bottom of this page!
Not too familiar with Chia Seeds? Below are some amazing facts about this tiny, but mighty superfood.
What is Chia?
Chia seeds come from the desert plant Salvia hispanica, which is a flowering member of the mint family and is native to North, Central, and South America. They have been enjoyed for thousands of years and can be traced all the way back to 3,000 B.C. where it was a staple of both Maya and Aztec diets. They believed one tablespoon of chia was capable of sustaining a warrior for 24 hours!
What are the health benefits of Chia?
- Omega-3: They are extremely high in Omega-3, which is a polyunsaturated fat and is considered to be an essential fatty acid since it cannot be manufactured by the body. Studies have shown that Omega-3 fatty acids work to protect the heart by lowering blood pressure, bad cholesterol, and inflammation.
- Dietary Fiber: Chia Seeds have both soluble and insoluble fiber, which can aid in digestion. The gelatinous texture that forms on the outside when the seeds are hydrated is the soluble fiber! Being rich in fiber content also helps people feel more full quicker and longer.
- Complete Protein: Not only does it contain plant-based protein, but it also contains complete protein (aka whole protein)! Complete protein contains the desired proportion of all nine essential amino acid believed to be necessary for the dietary needs of humans.
- Vitamins & Minerals: Chia seeds are also a source of calcium, iron, potassium, phosphorous, magnesium, and zinc!
- Antioxidants: Research has shown that free radicals play a major role in disease formation and antioxidants reduce the effect of free radical damage, thus protecting healthy cells!
- Hydration: When chia seeds are placed in water, they can swell up to 12x their normal size! Due to the extra retained H2O, consuming hydrated chia seeds can help you stay hydrated for a longer period of time.
- Prebiotic: Prebiotic foods are high in special types of fiber that help to support digestive health. They are believed to promote the increase of friendly bacteria in the gut, help with various digestive problems, improve metabolic health, and even boost your immune system!
What can I do with Chia Seeds?
Chia pudding, chia water, chia muffins…the possibilities are endless! Powerhouse versatility makes it a welcome addition to any meal, snack, or beverage, wether it be a smoothie, parfait, salad – you name it!
Here is a quick and easy Chia Pudding recipe:
- Ingredients: 1 cup liquid (almond milk, coconut milk, water, juice, etc.) + 3 Tbsp Chia Seeds + Optional 1 Tbsp sweeter (honey, maple syrup, agave, sugar, etc.).
- Directions: Add all ingredients, mix well, store in refrigerator for 6-8 hours, top with fruit, and ENJOY!
Mamma Chia Products:
All of our products are USDA Certified Organic, Gluten-Free, Non-GMO, and Vegan! We are a proud Certified B Corporation and a member of 1% for the Planet. We make Chia Vitality Beverages, Chia Energy Beverages, Chia Granola Clusters, and Chia Squeeze pouches. You can purchase our Granola Clusters, Chia Seed, and Chia Squeeze on our online store HERE.
Our Chia Energy and Chia Vitality beverages contain 2500mg of Omega-3, 4g of Complete Protein, and has 24% of your daily Fiber! Our Energy Beverages contain 90mg of natural caffeine, which comes from organic yerba mate ad organic green coffee bean.
Our Chia Squeeze pouches are just chia mixed with fruit and vegetable puree and have NO added sugar! They contain 1200mg of Omega-3, and since they don’t require refrigeration, they make the perfect yummy snack for on-the-go lifestyles!
Our Granola Clusters are both Soy-Free and Dairy-Free and each 55g serving contains 1500 mg of Omega-3, 10g of protein, and 5g of Fiber.
Celebrate National Chia Day by purchasing our Chia Love Bundle which includes a 6 oz. bag of our Black Chia Seeds, your choice of flavor Organic Chia Granola Clusters, and your choice of flavor 8-Pack Organic Chia Squeeze pouches. All for just $18.99!
Looking for a retailer near you? Check out our online Store Finder HERE.
⚠️ Social Media Giveaway ⚠️
Want to celebrate with us? Enter our giveaway and start posting today!
- Post a chia-related photo on Instagram. Can be a photo with our product or just chia seeds in general! Ex: recipe, chia-related facts, your favorite Mamma Chia products, etc.
- Make sure to tag @MammaChia and #NCD2019
- Profiles MUST be public otherwise we won’t see the post!
- There will be 2 winners:
- Contest ends Sunday, March 24th and winners will be chosen and notified on Monday, March 25th.
- *USA and 18+ only*
Creating your own homemade jam has never been easier and more delicious! One of our favorite recipe mavens, Madison Suden, shows us the best way to whip up a delectable batch of flavorful Raspberry Chia Jam using Mamma Chia Organic Chia Seeds!
The options are endless on how you choose to enjoy your Raspberry Chia Jam. You can spice up your traditional PB&J sandwich, smooth it over your morning crepes, layer it in your parfait or add it to your pancake stack! There is one thing we can assure you, every meal is better with a spoonful of this fruity deliciousness!
Fun Fact: The gelling power of chia seeds will turn your mashed fruit into a delicious spreadable jam in a matter of minutes!
3 tbsp. of Mamma Chia Organic Chia Seeds
1 1/2 cup of fresh raspberries
2 tsp maple syrup
2 tbsp. water
Add the Raspberries, water and chia seeds to the pan and let cook for about 3-4 minutes over medium heat. Cook until the raspberries have melted down until its mostly liquid. Mash the raspberries with the back of your spatula – you can make it as smooth or lumpy as you like! Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the maple syrup. Let stand for 5-10 minutes or until thickened. The jam will continue to thicken, especially once refrigerated. Once the jam has gotten to your desired thickness, pour into a jar and it’s ready to go!
Whip up a batch of your own Raspberry Chia Jam today and share your photos with us! #MammaChia
This Mamma Chia Raspberry Chia Jam was created by @madisons_eeeats
‘Tis the Season to fill your home with the sweet aroma of seasonal spices and pure magic of chia cheer with our delicious Mamma Chia Gingerbread Muffins! These moist, flavorful holiday creations are sure to induce a holly jolly spirit!
- 2 tsp Mamma Chia organic Chia Seeds
- 1/2 cup (1 small/medium) very ripe banana, mashed
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- zest of half an orange (optional)
- 1-1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp fine-grain sea salt
- 1/2 cup canola or vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup molasses
- 1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk (or sub 2% dairy milk)
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners or lightly grease with butter or non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, mash the banana together with the egg until completely combined. Stir in the vanilla, orange zest, spices and salt.
- Begin adding ingredients one by one, stirring until combined between each addition. First the chia seeds, oil, molasses and milk to the bowl (stirring to combine), then granulated and dark brown sugar (stirring to combine), followed by the baking powder and baking soda (stirring to combine). Fold in the flour until just mixed.
- Divide the batter evenly between the muffin cups, about 3/4 full.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 400 degrees F. Reduce the oven temperature down to 375 degrees F, turn the muffin pan around, and bake for an additional 7-9 minutes until the muffin tops are set and a cake tester inserted into the center of the muffins comes out clean. Let cool in the muffin tins for 5 minutes, then transfer to a baking rack to cool completely. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Spread the Holiday Chia-Cheer!
Do you have a favorite Holiday recipe? Share with us! Tag all your recipes with #MammaChia to share the magic!
Mamma Chia Pumpkin Oats with Sautéed Apples
Loaded oats bowls are quickly becoming a fall season favorite and we couldn’t agree more! There’s no better way to kickstart a crisp, autumn day than with a warm oatmeal bowl in the morning, loaded with tantalizingly seasonal toppings! One of our favorite recipe mavens, Carolyn from @copinaco, created this pumpkin and apple masterpiece using Mamma Chia Organic Chia Squeeze and Organic Chia Granola Clusters. It’s quick, easy and simply delicious!
1/2 rolled cup oats
1 tablespoon Mamma Chia organic Chia Seeds
1/2 cup pumpkin purée (canned or steamed, then puréed)
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup almond milk
1/2 tsp vanilla extract or powder
1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1/4- 1/2 tsp turmeric (depending on your taste)
1 medjool date, chopped (for extra sweetness)
A dash of cinnamon
1 apple, diced
1/2 tsp coconut oil
1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
– Mamma Chia organic Chia Squeeze (flavor of your choice)
– Dash of Mamma Chia organic Granola Clusters
– Shredded Coconut
To cook the apples, heat the coconut oil over medium for about 1 minute before adding the diced apple. Add the pumpkin pie spice and sauté for about 3-5 minutes over medium-low, stirring occasionally until the apples begin to soften.
To cook the oats, stir all ingredients together and cook over medium on the stove for about 5 minutes. Remove from heat, then add your toppings.
We hope you enjoy!
It’s the perfect time of the year for warm and cozy culinary creations and you’ll totally want to cozy up to this tasty apple-spiced loaded oats bowl! One of our favorite recipe mavens, Hallie (@spinachdaddy), helped us create this uniquely delicious Mamma Chia Blackberry Bliss Oatmeal Bowl using our Organic Chia Squeeze and Organic Chia Granola Clusters. Just in time for the holidays! Be sure to check out her Instagram for loads more recipes to swoon over: @spinachdaddy
Blackberry Bliss Oatmeal bowl
- 1/2 cup of rolled or quick oats, cooked in almond milk
- 1 Mamma Chia Blackberry Bliss Organic Chia Squeeze
- 1 large chopped apple
- 1 tsp coconut sugar
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin spice or cinnamon
- Mixed berries of choice (we used organic blackberries and strawberries)
- 1 tbsp pistachios
- 1/4 cup Mamma Chia Vanilla Almond Chia Granola Clusters
- 1 tbsp almond butter (or nut butter of choice)
- 1 tbsp bee pollen
- Prepare your oatmeal: Combine oats and almond milk in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low. Simmer uncovered for 3 to 5 minutes until thickened, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and place into a medium bowl.
- Create the “baked apples” by combining one large chopped apple with 1/2 tsp of pumpkin spice (or cinnamon) and 1 tsp of coconut sugar in a small bowl until the apples are covered
- Microwave the chopped apple for 45 seconds and add to your oatmeal bowl
- Squeeze your Blackberry Bliss Chia Squeeze over your oats
- Drizzle 1 tbsp of almond butter over the top
- Add Vanilla Almond Organic Chia Granola Clusters, mixed berries, pistachios, and bee pollen
Make sure to tag us in all your Mamma Chia recipes for a chance to be featured! This recipe was created by @Spinachdaddy, make sure to check out her Instagram page and follow along on her delicious and magical journey!
We’re creepin’ it real this Halloween season with these SPOOKtacular healthy and fun Halloween chia treats that are scary good! Not to mention, these devilishly delightful chia treats make for a BOOtiful display at your big Halloween Monster Bash!
Frankenstein Chia Pudding
This delicious and colorful chia pudding will keep your guests screaming with delight all through the dark night!
2/3 cup of Chia Seeds
3 cups of Chocolate Almond Milk
2 tsp Vanilla Extract
1 tsp organic Cinnamon
3 tbsp organic Agave or Honey
3 tbsp Green Matcha Powder
1 case of Fresh Blueberries
Directions: Blend all the ingredients together and refrigerate for at least 3 hours. Pour into a cup of your choice (use a clear glass to draw on your Frankenstein face for the ultimate treat) and top with fresh blueberries!
Chocolate Graveyard Chia Pudding
More like a Chia & Chocolate FLAVE-yard! These pudding cups are one of our most frightful favorites! Make your cups even spookier with a tombstone topping! 😉
2/3 cup of Chia Seeds
3 cups of Almond Milk
2 tsp Vanilla Extract
1 tsp organic Cinnamon
3 tbsp organic Agave or Honey
3 tbsp Green Matcha Powder (for color)
1 bag of cookies
1 bag of Milano’s (To use as the tombstones)
Directions: Blend all the ingredients together in a mixing bowl and refrigerate for at least 3 hours. Pour half of the chia seed pudding into a cup of your choice then layer with crumbled cookies and add your last layer of Chia Seed Pudding on top! Then sprinkle the rest of the crumbles to bury your yummy chia pudding and mark the grave with an RIP Milano cookie tombstone!
We hope you enjoy these healthy, spooky and fun Halloween chia treats! Make sure to tag us in all of your chia recipes. We love to see and help create the magic!
Mamma Chia – Home of the organic chia products, Mamma Chia makes energy drinks, granola, chia squeezables, and plain chia to add to an array of foods. We love adding these seeds … Read more…
No need to seek out this fall favorite from your local coffee shop – we’ve put together this sinfully easy and nutritious Chia Pumpkin Muffin recipe to make your mornings extra yummy and seasonably on-brand! These deliciously-soft and ultra-flavorful Chia Pumpkin Muffins are the absolute perfect way to start each autumn day. Best of all, clean up is a breeze! It’s time to embrace the fall and get to baking!
1 tbsp Mamma Chia Organic Chia Seeds
1 1/2 cup white flour
2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 can organic Pumpkin Puree
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1/2 cup agave nectar
1 tbsp vanilla
1/2 cup walnuts (optional)
Preheat oven to 350 F. Mix all the dry ingredients together in a bowl. In a separate bowl, mix all the wet ingredients. Transfer the wet ingredients into the dry bowl ingredients and mix together! Add in walnuts (optional) if you like and continue mixing. Spoon into muffin tins (either with paper muffin liners or greased) and bake for 25 minutes! Remove from heat and then ENJOY the fall flavors!
School is officially back in session and there’s no better time to start packing some nutrient-rich, nourishing snacks for your little ones! Juggling schedules can get a little bit hectic, so we put together some of these delightfully simple, wonderfully delicious and easy-to-prep snack ideas and recipes for healthy lunch box treats your kids will absolutely adore!
1. Mamma Chia Organic Chia Squeeze make for the perfect healthy, on-the-go Vitality Snack option for all ages! Each nutrient-rich Chia Squeeze is packed with organic fruits, veggies and, most importantly, chia! Our Organic Chia Squeeze come in 6 delicious flavors that will be sure to suit your every taste bud!
2. Another fun way to enjoy our Organic Chia Squeeze is by using them as a topping for crackers! The Crackers + Chia Squeeze combo is a pairing that everyone is sure to love! Layer your favorite crackers with any of our Organic Chia Squeeze and enjoy!
3. Another yummy and nutrient-packed snack that requires just a little bit of prep is our Apple Chiaslider! Cut up an organic apple of your choice into thin slices, layer with your favorite peanut butter and add some nutritious crunch with our Organic Chia Granola Clusters! Stack these dressed-up slices all together to create this delightfully tasty (and photogenic) Chiaslider snack! (@thenakedbroccoli)
If you’re looking to surprise and delight with a unique snack option, these No Bake Chia Jam Balls are wonderfully nutritious, delicious and take no time at all to create! The base is made with just 4 key ingredients that will BOOST your energy for the afternoon. Oats for fiber to keep you full, chia jam for that extra tastiness plus healthy nutrients, crunchy peanut butter for more healthy fats and the stickiness to hold the balls together!
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 3 tablespoons raspberry chia jam
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup Crunchy peanut butter
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine oats, Raspberry Chia Jam, and salt. Add Peanut Butter and mix well to combine.
- Form the mixture into 1-inch balls, pressing the mixture together in the palm of your hand. Repeat until all the oat mixture is rolled into balls. Freeze for at least 20 minutes or overnight. Pack and enjoy!
4. Lucky Charms Chia pudding is always a crowd pleaser for all ages and is a quick and easy snack to prepare!
2 cups almond milk
1/2 cup chia seeds
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup honey, or sweetener and amount of choice
1/4 tsp cinnamon (optional)
1 chocolate bar
Lucky Charms cereal
Directions: Stir the almond milk, chia seeds, vanilla extract, honey and cinnamon all together in a bowl, then set the bowl in the fridge for a couple of hours. Once the chia pudding is ready, pour into a desired jar and top with some Lucky Charms, fresh raspberries and a drizzle of melted chocolate!
We hope you and your little ones enjoy all of these delicious chia-powered recipes that are ready to boost any packed school lunch or after school snack!
Shop our online store now and save on your favorite chia snacks with code LOVE15: www.shopmammachia.com
Including enough fiber in your diet is crucial for healthy living and we at Mamma Chia are all about staying healthy! A quick refresher: fiber is a carb found in plant-based foods (like chia seeds) and consuming fiber can help you feel fuller for longer!
Here are 3 easy ways to incorporate fiber into your daily diet using chia!
- Organic Chia Beverages & Chia Energy Beverages are a delicious and refreshing way to add fiber to your daily routine. Each 10oz bottle contains 6g of fiber which equals to 24% of the daily recommended value! Feel refreshed, revitalized and “fiber-fied” with just one tasty Chia Beverage bottle!
2. Mamma Chia Organic Chia Squeeze is the ultimate on-the-go fiber source! Each pouch contains 4g of fiber making it the perfect snack for those on the move!
3. Another easy way to soak up the benefits of Chia Seeds is to just add water! In just one serving (1 tablespoon) of chia seeds, there are 4g of fiber! You can easily create your own fiber-packed refreshment in the comfort of your own home!
Recipe for Chia Water:
- 2 cups of water or coconut water
- 1.5 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 tbsp. fresh lemon or lime juice to taste!
Be sure to grab one of our many delicious Organic Chia Beverages, Chia Energy Beverages, Chia Squeeze or Chia Seeds today and start incorporating fiber into your daily diet the simple and delightful way! 🙂
We invite you to use the code FIBER20 to receive 20% off your entire order of any of our Organic Chia Squeezes, Chia Granola Clusters and Chia Seeds at www.shopmammachia.com!
No Summer Day is complete without a yummy frozen treat! If you’re trying to beat the heat and searching for a refreshing spin on the classic popsicle, look no further than these ice-cold Mamma Chia Summer Chia-Pops! Not only are they incredibly delicious, they’re also a great way to add more Omega-3, fiber and antioxidants to your day through the Magic of Chia®! Best of all, they’re so simple to craft at home! These homemade Chia-Pops taste just as good as they look… and they’re ridiculously good-looking! Check out the recipe below and enjoy!
- 1 Vanilla – organic Honey Yogurt
- 1 organic Mamma Chia Squeeze (we recommend Wild Raspberry or Blackberry Bliss)
- Spirulina for the blue coloring
- Dragon fruit Pitaya powder for pink coloring
Step 1) Mix and Swirl the yogurt and Mamma Chia organic Chia Squeeze together in a bowl
Step 2) Drizzle in some spirulina or dragon fruit Pitaya powder for coloring
Step 3) Pour the colorful mixture into individual popsicle molds
Step 4) Freeze for about 6+ hours. We recommend overnight for the best results!
Step 5) Enjoy while you soak up the sun!
Save on your favorite Chia Squeezes for your Mamma Chia Summer Chia-Pops today by using promo code POP20 for 20% off your entire online order at www.shopmammachia.com.
Make sure to snap some photos of your magical creations and tag us! #SeedYourSoul
It’s summertime and the living’s easy! What better way to both unwind and revitalize than with a delicious summertime, chia-infused cocktail? Are you ready to get shaking, stirring and mixing? Each recipe adds a unique, chia-riffic spin to the traditional cocktail ingredients. In addition to adding essences of lemon, lime or mint, all are infused with the Magic of Chia®! These four chia cocktails are just what you need to thrive this summer!
Note: All recipes are crafted for a 8 oz glass.
TIP: Frozen Mamma Chia ice cubes prevent diluting these delicious cocktails! Heart shapes are our go-to!
- Blueberry Pomegranate Chia-jito
There’s a reason why classic cocktail recipes are considered the classics; they’re timelessly enjoyed! A refreshing take on the traditional Mojito, this Chia-jito combines mint leaves and limes muddled with fresh blueberries and our Mamma Chia Blueberry Pomegranate Chia Beverage, mixed with your choice of white rum.
- 1 Mamma Chia Blueberry Pomegranate Chia Beverage
- 1/4 cup of white rum
- Fresh organic blueberries
- Fresh mint leaves
- 1 sliced lime
- Ice cubes
Add 1 slice lime, 5 mint leaves, 5 blueberries in a 8 oz glass and muddle. Pour in Mamma Chia Blueberry Pomegranate Chia Beverage and rum. Garnish with blueberries, mint, lime and ENJOY!
- Strawberry Lemonade Chia-rita
Add a little sabor y alegría to your summer with a delicious Strawberry Lemonade Chia-rita! With a little ice, your favorite tequila and our revitalizing Strawberry Lemonade Chia Beverage, the Chia-rita is the perfect complement to a warm summer day! The colorful combination of flavors comes to life with every sip! ¡Salud!
- 1 Mamma Chia Strawberry Lemonade Chia Beverage
- 1/4 cup tequila
- 2 tablespoons of simple syrup
- fresh strawberries
- 1 sliced lemon
- Ice cubes
Add Mamma Chia Strawberry Lemonade Chia Beverage, tequila, simple syrup and ice in a shaker and shake. Pour in a glass and garnish with lemon and fresh strawberries and ENJOY!
- Raspberry Passion Chia-politan
Pinkies up! It’s time to jazz up the go-to cosmo with our delicious and nutritious Raspberry Passion Chia Beverage! Fresh raspberries and mint leaves pair incredibly with vodka in this delightful cocktail. The libation itself is just as delicious as it is beautiful – which only adds to the fun!
- 1 Mamma Chia Raspberry Passion Chia Beverage
- 1/4 cup vodka
- Fresh raspberries
- Fresh mint leaves
- 1 sliced lime
Add Mamma Chia Raspberry Passion Chia Beverage and vodka in a shaker and shake. Pour in a glass and garnish with fresh raspberries and mint leaves and ENJOY!
- Blackberry Hibiscus Chia-Tini
Shaken or stirred; either will do because we adore this Blackberry Hibiscus Chia-tini! Made with the freshest organic ingredients, this remix is a bit sassy, but always classy! Our Mamma Chia Blackberry Hibiscus Chia-tini infuses fresh mint and blackberries with vodka to create a delicious and sophisticated beverage!
- 1 Mamma Chia Blackberry Hibiscus Chia Beverage
- 1/4 cup vodka
- Fresh blackberries
- Fresh mint leaves
Add Mamma Chia Blackberry Hibiscus Chia Beverage and vodka into a cocktail shaker and shake it up! Pour into a cocktail glass and garnish with fresh blackberries and mint leaves and ENJOY!
We hope our signature Mamma Chia Summer Cocktails surprise, delight and make your summer all the more magical! Make sure to tag us in all of your #MammaChia creations!
Chia Squeeze by Mamma Chia – these organic chia squeeze packets by Mamma Chia are a great way to get your chia seed fix with minimal effort. A known superfood, chia seeds are rich in fiber, omega-3… Read more…
Subtle changes in the packaging design can offer powerful results. Most obviously, Mamma Chia expands brand recognition by enlarging its logo and the delicious-sounding flavor, “Blackberry Hibiscus.” The company also made… Read more…
Consumers’ desire for more energy will be a constant in the functional beverage category: but the traditional energy drink space is ripe for disruption, says Mamma Chia founder and CEO Janie Hoffman. Read more…
The most MAGICAL day of the year is almost here — National Chia Day! In 2016, Mamma Chia officially designated March 23rd as National Chia Day with the registrar of National Day Calendar! Now observed for its third year, this day recognizes the tiny, yet powerful chia seed that has earned its reputation as being one of the MOST nutrient-rich foods on the planet! Revered by the Maya and Aztecs for their amazing healing powers and natural energy, chia seeds have become a trusted staple for people around the world and can be enjoyed in many foods and beverages!
March 23rd is an extra magical date – not only is it National Chia Day, but it also wonderfully marks National Puppy Day! We at Mamma Chia couldn’t think of a more perfect way to mark the dual occasion than by partnering with our friends and neighbors at Rancho Coastal Humane Society! We are excited to announce the first ever Mamma Chia Pet Adoption Week presented by Rancho Coastal Humane Society, that will begin on March 23rd and last through the end of the month!
We will be donating $100 worth of chia beverages and snacks to every delightful family and soul who adopts a pet from RCHS over the week!
Mamma Chia will be also on site at RCHS on National Chia Day spreading the Mamma Chia Magic to our community and hopeful adopters, as well as treating all fur friends to some freshly baked chia dog treats!
Chia Dog Treat Recipe:
PEANUT BUTTER & PUMPKIN DOG TREATS
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 30 mins
Total time: 40 mins
*Note: Make sure the Peanut Butter is xylitol free as xylitol is toxic to dogs!*
Your dog will love this super easy recipe for chia doggie treats.
- 1/4 cup of creamy peanut butter (Unsalted & xylitol free)
- 1 cup of pumpkin puree
- 2 eggs
- 2 T chia seeds
- 3 cups of whole wheat flour
- In a stand mixer, combine the peanut butter and pumpkin puree. Scrape down bowl sides.
- Add eggs and beat.
- Add chia seeds and 2 1/2 cups of flour. Mix until combined. Add remaining flour by 1Ž4 cups until the mixture is good for rolling out (forms a nice ball that is not too sticky and doesn’t crumble apart).
- Roll dough out to 1/4 inch thick, cut with cookie cutter of choice.
- Bake in 350-degree oven for 20-30 minutes until slightly browned and as crispy as you (or your pup) like.
About the Rancho Coastal Humane Society:
Rancho Coastal Humane Society (RCHS) was formed in 1960 by a group of hardworking volunteers, led by animal lover Maria K. Lloyd. The goal was and continues to be to care for the homeless animal population of San Diego County and to educate the public about pet overpopulation and responsible companion animal care. In the nearly 58 years since its inception, RCHS has grown from a small facility run by volunteers to a professionally managed humane society that provides quality shelter care, adoption services, education programs and an animal safehouse program for the survivors of domestic violence.
One of RCHS’ main goals is the adoption of animals to permanent, loving homes. After finding the perfect match, RCHS helps prospective adopters learn about health care, nutrition requirements, grooming, exercise, responsible pet ownership, socialization and the importance of the human/animal bond.
The Rancho Coastal Humane Society is a non-profit, 501(c)3, charitable organization. They are not tax supported, nor funded by any government agency. Please consider making a donation today!
Take a look at the current list of adoptable pets by Clicking Here. Many of the animals listed have explanations of their personalities, including how they react to cats and children, and what kinds of activities make them happiest.
Keep in mind that adopting a pet is a big decision. Dogs and cats are living beings who require a lot of time, money, and commitment–over 15 years’ worth in many cases. Pet ownership can be incredibly rewarding, but only if you think through your decision before you adopt a companion.
Please note: In order to potentially adopt and interact with an animal, you must be present at the shelter with a completed pre-adoption application submitted to the front desk no later than 4:30 pm.
We are absolutely thrilled to celebrate National Chia Day at Rancho Coastal Humane Society this Friday, March 23rd and we can’t wait to see you there! If you are unable to attend, there are plenty of other ways to commemorate the day by adding chia to every meal and making sure to post on social media using #ItsChiaDay2018! Or, post a picture showing your puppy having some fun with chia using #ChiaAndPuppies. For every #, we’ll donate $1 to RCHS! You can also find out how to support Rancho Coastal Humane Society by visiting here: https://rchumanesociety.org/give/donate/
Mamma Chia, National Chia Day founder and creator of the original chia beverage, is celebrating National Chia Day on March 23 with a new release of its Clean Energy Beverages. The energizing beverages combine the plant-based nutritional powerhouse of organic chia with clean caffeine from organic yerba mate and organic green coffee bean. Read more…
See some of the great media highlights over the years for Mammma Chia!
Spring is the time of rebirth. And for many of the beverage brands exhibiting at Natural Products Expo West 2018 in Anaheim this week, it’s a time for rebranding. Mamma Chia’s core line of organic chia drinks will sport a new label design this year. Read more…
It’s February and love is in the air! In a month that’s tailor made for true romance, what better way for hearts to grow than to engage the mind with your special someone? We have a big crush on these out-of-the-ordinary date ideas and we think you’ll fall for them too, so grab your sweetheart by the hand and check out these 6 Mindful Dates! It just might be a match!
Volunteer: While you’re taking the time to fall in love, why not share the love with some do-good feel-good activities? Volunteering together is a great way to spend quality time together and that passion for helping others can surely help intensify the passion in your relationship! Plus giving back to those in need is always rewarding and good for the soul! Here are few opportunities that should be easy to find in your community: animal shelters, beach cleanups, soup kitchens, youth mentorship, charity fun runs, Meals on Wheels; the options are limitless!
Learn a new skill: There might not be a better way to bond with your other half while applying your mind than by learning a new skill together! Try taking a cooking class and share a plate of a delicious meal that you made together. Sign up for some swing or salsa dancing and instantly sweep each other off your feet. Learn a new language together so you can both apply it on your next international adventure! You can put a real emphasis on what it really means to share special experiences!
Acro Yoga – This engaging discipline of yoga might really help build a deeper mental and physical connection between you and significant other! Not only is it thrilling and intimate, but it can also open up communication and trust with one. PLUS, finding fun in fitness with your partner is always an indicator for a great date night!
Staycationing – Be a tourist in your own town! You’ll both be surprised at how fun it is to recreate the thrill of a far-off jaunt (and the romance it sparks) by hitting all the most popular tourist traps in your city! Hop on a bus tour and check out how non-locals perceive your town. Swing by the most overrated local eatery and share a plate of that ‘world famous’ Mac n cheese featured on that Food Network show that one time last decade. Don’t forget to grab matching tacky souvenirs to commemorate your trip!
Bike Ride: Get the wheels spinning in your love life with a casual cruise around town! It’s always nice to get outside in the fresh air and take in some beautiful scenery with your significant other! Bonus points for tandem bikes! 😉
Hike: Couples hikes are classic but often overlooked opportunities to get some alone time with your love! Get away from daily distractions and explore together, you’ll be strengthening your connection as well as your quads! Be sure to pack some Chia Squeeze to share with your main squeeze!
Good luck lovers! Remember to send us a postcard from your honeymoon! 😉
“Janie Hoffman’s original vision was for her company to be a platform brand to share the health benefits of chia seeds with others. She founded Mamma Chia, the first organic, chia-based food and beverage company, and was faced with the decision about which product to launch first. Read more.
Mamma Chia was founded in San Diego and to this day SD still remains our wonderful home! We’ve had a blast recently exploring our very own backyard and to our delight we’ve discovered some beautiful, Instagram-worthy murals along the way! So much so that we wanted to share our top 10 with you! So, whether you’re a fellow San Diegan or need to make plans to visit soon, pack your cameras and check out some of the best backdrops San Diego has to offer!
1. Greetings from San Diego Mural (4223 30thSt, San Diego, CA 9104)
2. Rainbow Wall (2004 University Ave, San Diego, CA 92104)
3. Floral Wall Art (377 Carlsbad Village Dr, Carlsbad, CA 92008)
4. Rainbow Tiger Mural (2906 Carlsbad Blvd, Carlsbad, CA 92008)
5. You Are Radiant (3803 Ray St, San Diego, CA 92104)
6. Chronic Smoothies, Blazin Grill (865 Turquoise St, San Diego, CA 92109)
7. Favorite Color Wall Mural (7596 Eads Ave, La Jolla, CA 92037)
8. Old Town Historic Park (4002 Wallace St, San Diego, CA 92110)
9. Copa Vida Coffee Shop (5600 Avenida Encinas, Carlsbad, CA 92008)
10. Mamma Chia HQ (5205 Avenida Encinas, Suite E, Carlsbad 92008) – Come visit us!
Make sure to bring along your favorite Mamma Chia Beverage or Chia Squeeze to fuel your San Diego wanderings! They also make a great prop! 😉
Don’t forget to tag us in all your #MammaChia photos!
Janie Hoffman, Mamma Chia CEO and founder, shares her thoughts on how to stay true to her mission. “‘Consumers vote with their dollars. They want to support like-minded businesses they can trust.” Read more.
A delightfully simple way to add the benefits of chia into your diet is to start with the most important meal of the day: breakfast! Here are 5 everyday breakfasts that you’ll LOVE adding our organic chia seeds to!
- Smoothies: Smoothies are a favorite go-to breakfast option, especially for those on the go! For starters, they’re quick, easy and, most importantly, portable. It’s almost impossible for a smoothie to not taste great and you can get as creative as you like when adding your favorite fruits & veggies! But if you really want to jazz up the nutrition, add in some chia seeds for an instant nutrient-rich boost! So if you’re a smoothie drinker like us, we recommend adding in some of our organic Chia Seeds to add in that extra nutritional boost, we are sure it won’t disappoint!
- Oatmeal: Oatmeal is an undeniable breakfast staple. Quick, easy to make and never ceases to make you feel warm and fuzzy inside! Try adding some of Organic Chia Granola Clusters as a topping along with sliced fruit for that extra health factor and a little bit of a yummy crunch. You won’t regret it! 🙂
- Pancakes: Is It just us, or does the mere mention of the word ‘pancake’ send your taste buds into a panicked frenzy? Nothing beats the satisfaction of hot pancakes in the morning! For a guilt-free twist on a classic, our organic Chia Squeezes make a delicious replacement for maple syrup. No added sugar, just organic fruit and veggie puree that tastes amazing! It’s a MUST try!
- Muffins: We can’t think of any better way to get the day started then with the aroma of fresh muffins baking in the oven. That’s what pure happiness feels like! Adding organic chia seeds to the ingredient list won’t affect any of the flavor or fragrance, but it will certainly (and subtly) up the nutrition factor!
- Avocado Toast: Where has it been all our lives?! Some think of it as a luxury, but we just think it’s delicious (and easy to boot). Avo-toast might be a new concept (somehow) but we know it’s surely here to stay, it’s just that tasty! To give it a fancy twist, sprinkle organic chia seeds on top and make that nutrition premium!
You can purchase all of our Organic Chia Seeds, Chia Squeeze and Chia Granola Clusters here at ShopMammaChia.com. Use code LOVE15 to get 15% off your entire order!
Make sure to share all your magical Chia recipes with us using the tag #MammaChia on social media!
Find ways to make healthy drinks better for the environment. Healthy drinks that provide functional beverages is one of the fastest-growing categories. These types of beverages naturally align with environmental stewardship, conservation and human health. Coming from an environmental background, this is the space where I have seen some of the greatest potential. Read more.
Squeezy does it! Mamma Chia’s organic squeeze is packed with Omega-3, protein and fiber, making it ideal fuel for hungry travellers. The chia seeds are infused with delicious fruits and vegetables… Read more.
Mamma Chia and ENLIGHTENED worked together to find 8 Surprisingly High-Fiber Snacks to help you keep your day fiber-filled.
What is fiber?
Although fiber might have a bad reputation (💩), a fiber deficiency can actually cause sluggishness, constipation, and even increase your risk of colon cancer. A commonly overlooked, but extremely important, element of a balanced diet, fiber reduces your risk of heart disease, lowers cholesterol and blood pressure, and can even aid weight loss. Fiber is commonly found in many fruits, vegetables, and high-fiber snacks. It helps to keep your digestive system running properly by breaking down and moving nutrients through your body, though it itself is not broken down or absorbed.
Know your fiber.
Fiber comes in two forms: soluble and insoluble. Soluble fiber (peas, beans, and oats) dissolves with water and lowers blood cholesterol and glucose levels. Insoluble fiber (whole wheat flour, nuts, and wheat bran) absorbs the water in your digestive tract, helping to move food through quickly.
How much fiber do you need?
Women need about 25 grams per day while men need closer to 38 grams. Many people choose to supplement their intake with high-fiber snacks that can be added between meals. Luckily there are many high-fiber snacks to choose from, including a few of which you might never have guessed. It’s common knowledge that prunes have a lot of fiber, but did you know that raspberries are also fiber-filled?
We’ve pulled together 8 surprising high-fiber snacks so that you can keep your body healthy and your snacks yummy!
Who knew raspberries were so high in fiber! 1 cup has a whopping 8 grams. Raspberries are delicious straight off the bush, but if you want something even sweeter, try these homemade raspberry popsicles.
ENLIGHTENED Ice Cream
That’s right, ice cream can actually be a high-fiber snack! Each serving of ENLIGHTENED Ice Cream has 5 grams of fiber, meaning if you eat the whole pint (and sometimes we do…) you can get 20 grams of fiber from your favorite frosty treat.
Split peas pack a ton of fiber with 16 grams per cup. They’re also great for pairing with other ingredients for a high-fiber snack, like this yellow split pea spread! (BTW a split pea is just a regular pea that’s been dried)
Artichokes are a super versatile vegetable, great in dips, salads, and roasted in the oven! Each artichoke has about 9 grams of fiber. Add this delicious artichoke and mushroom salad to your dinner to round out your fiber needs for the day.
Curious about the other 4 high-fiber snacks? Finish reading this post on ENLIGHTENED’s blog, and head over to our Instagram to find out how you can win a prize package from Mamma Chia and ENLIGHTENED! 🎉
Halloween is almost upon us! The spookiest time of the year calls for equally spook-tacular craft ideas and Mamma Chia has a neat crafting trick that is quite the treat!
In the magical spirit of our annual Trick-or-Chia Pumpkin Carving Contest, we invite you to try this super fun, easy and delightful DIY pumpkin project with a colorful twist!
What You’ll Need:
- A pumpkin
- White Paint
- Assortment of colorful crayons
- Super glue
- Blow Dryer
Before You Begin: Make sure to protect your crafting area with newspaper or equivalent to prevent unwanted splatters!
Step 1: Paint your entire pumpkin (stem optional ) with a coat of white paint and let dry. While the paint is drying, remove all the wrappers from your crayons.
Step 2: At the top of your pumpkin, begin gluing the crayons one by one around the stem with the bottoms touching the stem and tips pointed outward. Because the surface is rounded, the crayons will be difficult to keep in place without some glue. Our recommendation is to alternate colors to create a rainbow effect, but feel free to get creative! Once your crayons completely circle the stem, let dry.
Step 3: Once the crayons are solidly glued in place, use your blow dryer with heat setting on high aimed over the crayons to cause them to gradually melt. Depending on how high your setting goes, the crayon wax can tend to splatter, so make sure to be careful!
Step 4: Ta-da! Your pumpkin will be dripping with wonderful color and ready to be shared with the world!
We hope you give it a try! Be sure to tag us in your photos, so we can enjoy your magical pumpkin creations!
Also, Don’t forget to enter into our Trick-Or-Chia Pumpkin Carving Contest! Every delightful soul who participates will receive a week’s worth of Mamma Chia Organic Chia Squeeze & a Mamma Chia T-Shirt! It’s such a WIN-WIN, it’s scary!
Grand Prize 👉ONE MONTH supply of Mamma Chia Organic Chia Squeeze, a week’s worth of Mamma Chia Beverages, a variety pack of Mamma Chia Granola Clusters & a Mamma Chia T-Shirt. 👌🏻
Runner Up 👉TWO WEEKS supply of Mamma Chia Organic Chia Squeezes, VIP Mamma Chia Beverage Vouchers & a Mamma Chia T-Shirt. 👌🏻
1. Carve your best Mamma Chia themed pumpkin! 🎃 (get creative 😉).
2. Post a picture of your masterpiece on Instagram and tag it with #TrickOrChia
3. Make sure your profile is public so we can see your entry! 👀
You have until October 31st to enter! US entries only! Winners will be announced on November 1st! Good luck and happy carving!💜🎃💜🎃💜🎃💜🎃💜🎃
A quality nosh that also pays it forward? These companies give a whole new meaning to smart snacking. Mamma Chia offers high quality, organic chia-based foods that are both healthy and help towards sustainability. Mamma Chia is a member of 1% For the Planet and a founding member of Slow Money. Read more.
Khloé Kardashian is not letting hunger in between meals get the best of her. The Keeping Up with the Kardashians star says it’s not always easy to choose the perfect snack, but she’s developed an arsenal of her go-to picks when hunger strikes.
Creator of the first ready-to-drink chia beverage is adding Ginger Lime, Blueberry Pomegranate and the first-ever chia-based Lemon Iced Tea to its pioneering line of Chia Vitality Beverages. Read more …
Mamma Chia Blackberry Bliss Chia Squeeze featured on The Today Show! Redbook announced their 2017 Best Snack Awards and Blackberry Bliss Chia Squeeze was selected as Best Low-Calorie Snack of 2017!
Mamma Chia Wild Blueberry Clusters “I’d never had gluten-free granola before tasting Mamma Chia’s, but this has such a wonderful, crunchy texture. It doesn’t have a hint of blueberry—it really tastes like blueberries, and I love that. I had to stop myself from eating the entire bag.” Read more…
These Are the Absolute Best Snacks You Can Buy Right Now! Tastiest Low-Cal Snack: Mamma Chia Blackberry Bliss Chia Squeeze. Don’t be fooled by the kiddie squeeze pouch. You get a pop of real blackberries, and chia seeds are a nutritional powerhouse that delivers… Read more…
Mamma Chia Organic Chia Squeeze: Chia seeds aren’t just for your health-crazed cousin anymore. These highly portable flavored pouches are packed with nutrients, and come in six delicious flavors including Mango Coconut, Strawberry Banana, and Blackberry Bliss. Read more… Read more…
Following decades of trying numerous regimens to try to get a handle on serious health issues, Mamma Chia founder Janie Hoffman was introduced to yet another superfood ancient grain: chia. The versatility of this little seed, packed with Omega-3s, antioxidants, fiber, protein, and calcium, makes it an easy addition to limitless foods and recipes. Read more… Read more…
We love when our products can be used in alternative ways! Our Chia Squeeze is no exception and is not only great for a grab-n-go snack, but, as you’ll see below, can be a great addition to some recipes!
California Country Gal’s Annabelle Lee is back to share a recipe that uses our Chia Squeeze in a new and unique way! Check out her recipe for a delicious Grain Free Bread Pudding that is a great breakfast or dessert for your holiday crowd!
“I love my Mamma Chia Squeeze Pouches for grab-and-go treats, but they also make great quick and easy sauces!”
- 1 loaf Rustic or Sandwich Bread made from California Country Mix
- 1/2 cup of your favorite nuts such as macadamias, walnuts or pecans
- 1 1/2 cups of your favorite fruit such as chopped apple, orange or blueberries
- 2 large eggs
- 2 1/2 cups coconut milk or heavy cream
- Sweetener to equal 1/2 cup sugar, I used erythritol/monk fruit blend
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1/3 teaspoon stevia
- 1 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- Cut the crusts off the bread, (dry them for bread crumbs or treat the crusts to your dogs!
- Cut the bread into 1/2 inch pieces (no need to dry the bread out)
- Coat an 8-inch square baking dish or 8-9-inch deep dish pie pan with butter
- Add the bread cubes, nuts and chopped fruit, toss lightly
- Whisk together the rest of the ingredients and carefully pour over the bread cubes
- Cover with plastic wrap and gently press down to submerge all the bread
- Let rest at least 2 hours on the counter (or up to 24 hours in the refrigerator
- Heat the oven to 350˚ and bake 40-50 minutes, until the top is brown and the center is set
- Serve warm with Chia Bourbon Sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 package of your favorite Chia Squeeze; I used Coconut Mango
- Your favorite sweetener, to taste. I used stevia drops
- 1-2 tablespoons bourbon (optional)
Melt the butter in a small saucepan and whisk in the rest of the ingredients.
Homemade gifts are truly the most special, especially ones that seed your skin! Why not spend time this holiday season, crafting your own handmade scrub, with the help of Mamma Chia! Our Cranberry Chia Sugar Scrub is the perfect gift to share with co-workers, teachers, neighbors, and family! Simple and easy to make, we promise this will be a go-to for all occasions.
Oh, and don’t forget to make a jar for yourself!
Need Need Need!
- 1 cup Organic Granulated White Sugar
- 1/4 cup Organic Coconut Oil or Olive Oil
- 1 oz of Mamma Chia Organic Chia Seeds
- 12 ml Organic Cranberry Seed Essential Oil. You can order it here ( if you want to make other scents we recommend lavender or mandarin
- Mason jars or Bail jars
- For color: We used strawberry gelatin mix but food coloring, hibiscus powder, or any sort of natural tint used in baking will work
Get to it!
TIP: If using coconut oil make sure to melt on the stove top or in the microwave.
The sugar should be wet but not soupy. If too much coconut oil is used, the mixture will solidify once the coconut oil returns to room temperature.
TIP: If you are using olive oil skip the first two steps.
As a result, some lightly sweetened brands of granola are starting to emerge. Mr. Bellatti, the dietitian, said he often recommends Mamma Chia’s Vanilla Almond granola, which has about 10 grams of sugar per cup. Read more…
I bring these bite-size energy balls with me when I’m on the go, and they take just minutes to whip up! They’re made with Mamma Chia Organic Chia Seeds, which provide a satiating mix of protein, fiber, and healthy fat. Read more…
Suspended chia seeds are kind of an amazing drink, especially when they’re suspended in fruit juice or green juice. You can totally make it at home or buy it. Of late, I’ve been pretty obsessed with the new Mamma Chia’s Organic Chia & Greens… Read more…
“Beet, cherries and chia seeds are three of the best foods for runners. Full of antioxidants, nitrates and omega-3’s, these foods have been linked to increased speed, improved endurance and quicker recovery. This little packet serves them all up in one tasty little package, a perfect 70-calorie snack.” -Jessica Sebor, editor in chief Read more…
The start of school is rapidly approaching. And, let’s face it – you aren’t going to be creating homemade lunches from scratch every single day. Fortunately, grocery stores are offering better packaged options that aren’t just good for your health, they give back to the community and planet as well. Here are a few lunchbox upgrades to consider when stocking up for back to school. Read more…
Recently, I had the great privilege of reconnecting with Mamma Chia founder and CEO, Janie Hoffman. I reached out after re-reading her brilliant book, Chia Vitality and then using her amazing chia cookbook. Hoffman is one of those rare social entrepreneurs and business leaders who is humble to the core, leads every day with gratitude, and is constantly cultivating her curiosity. Read more…
“There’s nothing you can’t put a chia seed in,” said Janie Hoffman, founder and chief executive officer of Mamma Chia. Her Carlsbad, Calif.-based company offers an assortment of beverages and snacks featuring the nutrient-dense seed. “Chia is neutral in flavor and boosts the nutrients of anything it’s added to,” Ms. Hoffman said. “I put chia in everything in my kitchen.” Read more…
When the weather warms up, our thoughts drift to seaside frolics with our favorite group of beach-going friends. So, we’ve taken to making our own portable paradise by packing a bag of beach essentials that includes snacks, drinks, and entertainment. Here are five items to bring beachside that’ll keep all your worries at bay. Click here to read more!
WHY WE LOVE: Perfectly paired strawberries and bananas are combined with fresh beets to make this Chia Squeeze simply irresistible! Seed Your Soul® with this delectable vitality snack wherever your daily journey takes you! Organic chia seeds are infused with delicious fruits and vegetables to create a convenient, fun and tasty snack for active people of all ages. Click here to see the entire article.
Memorial Day is almost here — can you believe it? As the unofficial kick-off of summer, we tend to overindulge on summery classics that aren’t the healthiest for us (hot dogs and ketchup anyone?). We wanted to share some of festive classics with a slightly healthier (and chiarrific!) twist, all while still staying true to the red, white and blue!
Cheesecake Filled Strawberries With Chia
- 24 large, fresh organic strawberries
- 1 (8oz) package organic cream cheese, room temperature or softened slightly
- ½ cup organic powdered sugar
- 1 tsp organic vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp finely grated lemon zest
- 2 Tbsp organic white chia seeds
- ½ cup fresh blueberries
- Wash your strawberries, then cut the stems from the strawberries, so the strawberries can sit cut-side down.
- On the opposite side of the strawberrry, cut an”X” from the tip down, being careful not to cut all the way through.
- Mix the cream cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla, lemon zest and lemon juice in a bowl until soft and fluffy.
- Gently open up each strawberry and pipe the filling inside using a pastry bag or plastic sandwich bag with a star piping tip.
- Sprinkle with chia seeds and top with a blueberry. These are best served after the strawberries have been chilled for at least an hour.
Dressed Up Deviled Eggs With Chia
- 12 organic, cage free eggs
- 1/3 cup organic Greek yogurt
- 1 Tbsp organic mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp organic Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 2 Tbsp organic black chia seeds
- 2 tsp organic vinegar
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 tsp natural, plant-based red food coloring of choice
- 1 tsp natural, plant-based blue food coloring of choice
- Place eggs in a large saucepan. Cover them with cool water by 1 inch. Slowly bring water to a boil over medium heat; when the water has reached a boil, cover and remove from heat. Let sit 12 minutes.
- Drain eggs and place back in saucepan. Make an ice bath and let sit for 15 minutes. This will allow the eggs to easily peel.
- Peel and cut your hard boiled eggs (make sure they are cooled down), placing yoke in a bowl.
- For the red dye, combine 1 cup boiling water with 1 tsp. vinegar and 1 tsp. red dye in a medium bowl. For the blue dye, combine 1 cup boiling water with 1 tsp. vinegar and 1 tsp. blue dye in another medium bowl.
- Place 4 eggs in the red dye bowl, and another 4 eggs in the blue dye bowl. Let sit for 10 minutes, remove and then pat dry. We recommend repeating this step to ensure brightly colored, vibrant eggs.
- In a separate mixing bowl, mix together egg yolks, Greek yogurt, mayonnaise, and salt. Scoop into eggs, or pipe them using a pastry bag or zip-top bag with a piping tip
- Sprinkle with chia seeds and paprika (if desired). Enjoy!
Red, White and Blue Sangria With Chia
- 1/3 cup organic turbinado sugar
- 2 cups organic blueberries, divided
- 1 cup loosely cut organic strawberries
- 1 bottle (750 ml) rosé
- 1/2 cup bourbon
- 2 Tbsp. Grand Marnier
- 1/3 cup Blackberry Hibiscus Vitality Beverage
- 3 cups sliced fruit: we used peaches, lemon, and strawberries
- In a small bowl, combine 1/3 cup turbinado sugar with 1/3 cup hot water to create a simple syrup.
- Pour simple syrup into blender, add 1 cup blueberries and blend until smooth. Pour mixture directly into pitcher (option to strain out solids to extract as much liquid as possible before pouring into pitcher).
- Pour the remaining blueberries into the pitcher, along with the cut strawberries. Then add the bottle of rosé, bourbon, Grand Marnier, Blackberry Hibiscus and sliced fruit.
- Stir and place in the refrigerator to chill for at least 2 hours before serving. Enjoy!
“Nutritious snacks are a must when traveling with kids,” says Jillian Michaels. “You don’t have to feed them junk when their blood sugar crashes.” The trainer, 42, chooses fare free of artificial ingredients for daughter Lukensia, 6, and son Phoenix, 4 (with fiancee Heidi Rhoades). Load up on her favorites! Click here to see the entire article.
One word sums up Mamma Chia’s Pinterest page: Inspirational. Mamma Chia taps into that brand gestalt with every board it’s created. Seeds of Knowledge, Gratitude, and Joy are well thought-out, brand-centric examples of those ubiquitous “inspirational sayings” boards you see peppered throughout Pinterest. Click here to read the entire interview.
Mamma Chia Joyful Greens was featured in Phil’s Food Reviews as a Pick of the Week! We caught up with Janie Hoffman, Mamma Chia Founder and CEO, to find out more about how this hit new product was developed.
Click here to read the entire interview.
One such emerging brand tapping into consumers’ desire for new and interesting products that engage consumers in culinary, wellness and fresh experiences is Mamma Chia. Hartbeat recently sat down with Janie Hoffman, Mamma Chia founder and CEO, to chat about the company’s roots and consumer reactions to its unique offerings. Click here to read the entire interview.
Mamma Chia is delighted to announce the designation of March 23 as National Chia Day. This day will recognize the tiny, yet powerful chia seed that has earned its reputation as being one of the most nutrient-rich foods on the planet. To celebrate the first annual National Chia Day on March 23, 2016, Mamma Chia will help followers “get their chia on” with Instagram giveaways (@MammaChia), 23-percent off discounts on all orders, as well as free shipping on orders over $23 placed on www.ShopMammaChia.com. Read more …
Mamma Chia Athlete Spotlight: Adam Kimble
On February 15th, Mamma Chia sponsored athlete and “ultrarunner” Adam Kimble will attempt to beat the Guinness World Record for the fastest crossing of America on foot (a record that has stood still for 36 years)!
The standing record was set by American Frank Giannino Jr., who ran from San Francisco to New York from September 1st to October 17th, 1980. Giannino’s journey lasted 46 days, 8 hours and 36 minutes. Adam hopes to complete the trek in 45 days or less. Wow!
His course begins in Huntington Beach, California, and will finish in New York City. Adam will run through a total of 16 states with an estimated distance of 3,030 miles.
We are absolutely thrilled to be supporting him through this incredible endeavor. We hope that through our support, Adam will maintain the strength and stamina he needs to achieve his goal.
“Our journey across the country will require an immense amount of mental and physical endurance,” said Adam. “The magic of Mamma Chia’s organic foods and beverages will not only give me energy and strength for my body, but for my mind as well!”
Loaded with protein, fiber, Omega-3s and more, we hope that our products will serve as the fuel to power his soul’s purpose!
What is his purpose? He hopes to inspire people all over the world to pursue their passions, to push the limits of his mind and body, and finally, to raise awareness of impossible2Possible (i2P), a nonprofit dedicated to educating, inspiring, and empowering youth to reach beyond their perceived limit and achieve the “impossible.”
Want to join Adam along the way? Link up with him via Gociety.
Mamma Chia NEW Chia & Greens is Phil Lempert’s – the Supermarket Guru’s – Pick of the Week! Phil loves the organic Chia & Greens Joyful Greens, a delicious mix of organic chia, broccoli, lemongrass and ginger!
Coconut Yogurt Parfait by Connor Haris
Happy Healthy New Year!
This chia-licious Coconut Yogurt Parfait is a fun way to fuel up and get back on track with our 2016 health goals. Big thanks to our favorite male vegan Instagrammer @connorharis for inspiring us with this beautiful creation! Who knew healthy eating could look good and taste even better!?
- 16 oz. of plain or vanilla flavored coconut yogurt
- Granola of your choice (pairs wonderfully with our Vanilla Almond Chia Granola Clusters)
- 1/3 cup Mamma Chia Organic Black Chia Seeds
- 1 Tbsp. of added sweetener of your choice (optional)
- Mixed berries of your choice
- Create your chia seed gel by simply mixing 1/3 cup of chia seeds with 8 oz. of water + a tablespoon of any added sweetener you prefer (or 8 oz. milk of your choice for chia pudding), let it sit aside for 15 minutes to let the chia seeds soak and expand into a pudding like consistency.
- Gather your other ingredients and begin to layer your parfait in any order you desire.
- Dig in and enjoy!
About the author:
Connor Haris is a teen food Instagrammer who started his health journey at the age of 13 after facing multiple life threatening diseases and mental issues. Connor created his YouTube channel and Instagram to document his journey and share his experiences with his followers. Connor’s Instagram @connorharis has reached an audience of over 13 thousand and growing, and his YouTube channel has over 100 thousand views.
“I want to give people hope that living a healthy and compassionate lifestyle is not just possible for all ages but is also an extraordinary and vibrant way of living.”
Organic is Non-GMO
We love our Mamma Chia community and enjoy the authentic connections and personal interactions we share. One of the questions we often get is whether Mamma Chia products are Non-GMO. Being Non-GMO is part of the USDA Certification process, so as all Mamma Chia products are USDA Organic, they are naturally Non-GMO too!
What does it mean to be Organic?
USDA Certified Organic products are produced without the use of toxic pesticides and fertilizers, antibiotics, synthetic hormones, genetic engineering, sewage sludge (yes! that’s a conventional farming input), or irradiation. Yay! Who wants that?!
And, in order for Organic farms and processors to get certified they:
- Do not use genetically modified ingredients
- Preserve natural resources and biodiversity
- Support animal health and welfare
- Provide access to the outdoors so that animals can exercise their natural behaviors
- Only use approved materials
- Receive annual onsite inspections
- Separate organic food from non-organic food
What does it mean to be Non-GMO (Non-Genetically Modified)?
Foods that are Non-GMO are free from genetically modified organisms (GMOs) and are not created in a laboratory using genetic engineering techniques.
Is Non-GMO always Organic?
No, it’s not! Non-GMO is one of the many benefits you get when you buy organic, but just because a product is Non-GMO, does not mean it is also organic.
Mamma Chia is a passionate supporter of the labeling of genetically modified foods and believe everyone should have the opportunity to make informed choices about what goes into their bodies – because we love Mamma Earth and her people!