For our upcoming Chiamilk Cookbook, our friend Amy Tong (@AmyTong_
) shared her delicious take on one of Italy’s most popular and classic dessert dishes.
Using Mamma Chia Organic Unsweetened Original Chiamilk
and fresh organic strawberries, she created an absolutely salacious (and dairy-free) Strawberry & Chiamilk Panna Cotta
1 tablespoon unflavored vegatarian gelatin
2 1/4 cup Mamma Chia Organic Unsweetened Chiamilk, divided
1 pound fresh organic strawberries
6 tablespoons sugar (you can substitute with sugar-free sweetener)
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon lemon juice
In a heat proof bowl, dissolve gelatin and 1/4 cup Chiamilk, set aside and let it rest for 5 minutes. Heat the gelatin mixture in the microwave for 30 seconds until gelatin is completely dissolved. Let cool slightly.
In the blender, process strawberries, remaining 2 cup of Chiamilk, sugar, vanilla extract, lemon juice, and cooled gelatin mixture, until smooth. Pour mixture through a fine sieve into a large bowl, discard any solids/seeds.
Evenly distributed into molds or small serving cups. Chill for at least 8 hours, or preferably overnight.
To unmold, dip bottom of the mold in a small bowl of hot water for 5 to 10 seconds, then invert panna cotta onto a dessert plate and remove the mold. Serve with macerated strawberries on top.
If using small dessert cups, simply spoon macerated strawberries on top before serving.
Ingredients for the Macerated Strawberry:
1/2 pound fresh strawberries, sliced
Juice from 1/2 a lemon
1 tablespoon of sugar (or sugar-free sweetener)
Directions to prepare the Macerated Strawberry:
In a medium bowl, gently toss strawberry slices with lemon juice and sugar. Let the mixture steep in room temperature for 15 minutes before serving on top of the panna cotta.
Do you want the chance to be featured in our upcoming digital Chiamilk Cookbook? We want to share your incredible Chiamilk recipes with the world! Submit your favorite original recipe using Mamma Chia Organic Chiamilkand you may be selected to be featured online as well as win a $100 Gift Card to ShopMammaChia.com + a Mamma Chia Prize Pack!
Here’s How To Enter and Participate!
- Create a culinary chia creation of your choice (puddings, bowls, muffins, smoothies, soups, salads, dips – you name it!)
- Your recipe MUST include either variety of Mamma Chia Organic Chiamilk (of course)!
- Mamma Chia Organic Chiamilk is available in both 28oz Unsweetened Original and 28oz Unsweetened Vanilla
- Snap some before photos (ingredients & prep), during photos (your creative process) and after photos!
- Share your delightful creation with us via the form below, following all the requirements and instructions.
- You must include your step-by-step instructions and ingredients list.
- Remember to share your wonderful photos!
You have until December 6th, 2020 to submit and participate! Selected recipes and prize-winners will be contacted mid-December and if selected, your recipe will be featured in the digital Chiamilk Cookbook launching in January 2021!
Be sure to check out the 2020 Mamma Chia Cookbook for inspiration!
Don’t forget to have fun, be creative & SEED YOUR SOUL!!!