Tiny but mighty, these black seeds are rich in protein, fiber, and omega-3s (which are healthy for the heart, brain, and seemingly everything else). Though popular in smoothies and oatmeal, chia seeds aren’t just for breakfast. Add them to rice pilaf for extra fiber, or use them in a smoky veggie burger as a binder, since they plump up when mixed with wet ingredients. They even take on a nice gel-like texture, making them the perfect thickener for a zesty vinaigrette. Click here to read more!
October is Non-GMO month, which celebrates everyone’s right to choose whether or not to consume genetically modified foods. All of Mamma Chia’s products are Non-GMO Project Verified and Certified Organic, which reflects our commitment to building a better, more transparent food system!
We believe that by choosing to go non-GMO, you’re supporting an agricultural system that respects Mamma Earth’s biodiversity and helps provide a safe, healthy food supply for future generations! And remember, Certified Organic is always Non-GMO! ✅
In Celebration of Non-GMO Month: Together We Can Create the Future We Want
Harvest season is upon us! This Non-GMO Month, we celebrate kindness and community; coming together during times of hardship; and the necessity of caring for each other and our planet. This caring revolves around one of our most basic needs: food.
Communities grow around food. From our small local farms to folks delivering groceries to their neighbors in times of need, some of our strongest bonds are based on food. Many of us learned this year just how much we rely on our favorite brands at the grocery store. From producers to retail staff, everyone along the supply chain worked harder than ever to keep our community safe, healthy and nourished in an uncertain landscape.
GMOs were first introduced in the 1990s with a shocking lack of public awareness: The news that novel organisms were entering the food supply simply wasn’t shared with the people who would end up eating them. Thankfully, not everyone was in the dark: Natural foods stores, in particular, began looking for ways to answer customer concerns about GMOs. Two retailers led the charge: The Natural Grocery Company in Berkeley, California, and The Big Carrot Natural Food Market in Toronto, Ontario. Through their combined efforts to create a shared definition of GMOs and a labeling mechanism for non-GMO foods, the Non-GMO Project was born.
Today, new GMOs — created with emerging technologies — continue to enter the food supply. The transparency of the Non-GMO Project Verified label means that trust and simplicity can still guide the choices we make at the store. While the people at the Non-GMO Project continue their work to protect our genetic inheritance — tracking where our food comes from and how it is produced — we are committed to bringing non-GMO choices to our customers. We wish a happy and healthy Non-GMO Month to you and your family.
Make sure to look for the Butterfly ????when shopping and remember, organic is ALWAYS non-GMO!
Nutrient-rich chia seeds provide the base for Mamma Chia’s dairy-free milk product with more calcium than a traditional glass of milk with zero grams of sugar. Available in both Unsweetened Original and Unsweetened Vanilla, Chiamilk has only 60-70 calories per serving. Click here to read more!
Mamma Chia really is the mother brand for all things chia seeds. The company has been around for years, long before this superfood gained mainstream popularity. In its latest development, the brand launched the very first Chiamilk (both in Original and Unsweetened Vanilla). With a lush, creamy consistency, this is perfect for lattes or plant-based desserts. Click here to read more!
Mamma Chia, Carlsbad, Calif., announced that its Chia Vitality Beverages and Chia Energy Beverages are now keto friendly, with just 6 grams of net carbohydrates in each serving. All Mamma Chia products are USDA Certified Organic, Non-GMO Verified, 100 percent vegan and free from lactose, soy and gluten. Click here to read more!
At this point in the alternative milk revolution, almond milk and oat milk are about as basic as pumpkin spice lattes and bathroom mirror selfies. While many healthy eaters wouldn’t dream of giving up their fave alternative milk, many are still in pursuit of the latest and greatest. What can we milk next…The answer: Chia seeds. Click here to read more!
The momentum in the dairy-free milk category is still on the upswing. Are you ready for the next big craze in plant milk? Soy once reigned supreme, then there was almond and coconut milk, and finally, oat milk now has baristas in a froth because it’s the creamiest of all the nondairy milk. Or is it? Are you ready for the next big craze in plant milk? The little chia seed is about to start a dairy-free revolution. Click here to read more!
If you peruse the non-dairy section at your grocery store, you might spot almond milk, cashew milk, oat milk, peanut milk, hemp milk, and even sesame milk. So why not chia milk? Click here to read more!
Mamma Chia will debut a new line of chia-based vegan milk at Sprouts Farmers Market and other natural grocery retailers, with wider distribution to follow throughout 2020. The new vegan milk will be available in 28-ounce containers and in Unsweetened Vanilla and Unsweetened Original flavors. Click here to read more!
Perfect for adding to smoothies, cereal, coffee or enjoying straight from the bottle, each satisfying serving of organic Chiamilk is a nutritional powerhouse with essential Omega-3, MCT, more calcium than a glass of traditional milk and zero grams of sugar. Click here to read more!
Mamma Chia Organic Chiamilk will be available in 28-oz bottles beginning in March at Sprouts Farmers Market and other natural food stores. Additional retail expansion is expected throughout 2020, Mamma Chia said. Click here to read more!
Janie Hoffman. “We are delighted to share more of that magic with our light and creamy plant-based Chiamilk that makes it easy to enjoy more of the nourishing benefits of chia as part of your daily routine. Click here to read more!
Introducing consumers to a dairy-free, plant-based beverage alternative that’s full of omegas, contains zero grams of sugar and boasts more calcium than a glass of traditional milk. Click here to read more!
Launching with two varieties in 28 oz. bottles, Mamma Chia Organic Chiamilk will be available in both Unsweetened Original and Unsweetened Vanilla. Creamy and delicious Chiamilk has only 60-70 calories per serving, 0g of sugar and packs a nutritional chia punch. Click here to read more!
Mamma Chia Organic Chiamilk – a dairy-free, plant-based milk alternative made from nutrient-rich chia seeds. Ideal for adding to smoothies, cereal, coffee or enjoying straight from the bottle, each serving of organic Chiamilk has omega 3, MCT, more calcium than a glass of traditional milk and zero grams of sugar. Click here to read more!
Mamma Chia Organic Chiamilk contains no sugar and is a source of Omega-3 and claims to have more calcium than regular cow’s milk. It has 60 to 70 calories per serving and is also free-from lactose, soy and gluten. It comes in two varieties in 28-ounce bottles, Unsweetened Original and Unsweetened Vanilla, and will be available in Sprouts Farmers Market from March, with “additional retail expansion” planned. Click here to read more!
There’s been some talk about Mamma Chia Protein Smoothies for a few years, but they finally hit shelves at the end of last year. Their ultimate formulation is made with new Mamma Chia Organic Chiamilk, a blend of chia seed and coconut milk, but it’s fortified with an extra dose of pea protein. Click here to read more!
Janie Hoffman, founder of Mamma Chia, spoke of how when she launched her company in 2010, less than half of the people she met knew of chia. Like Sambazon, Mamma Chia focused on building awareness through a national sampling program with the intent to “have as many souls as possible experience the magic of chia.” Click here to read more!
Within a year of its market debut in 2010, its innovative chia-based beverages were distributed in thousands of stores, including nationally at Whole Foods. A few months later, founder Janie Hoffman was highlighted in a widely-read New York Times article about growing consumer demand for chia. Mamma Chia has since evolved into a platform brand that also markets snacks and other foods and is one of the leading brands in the chia space. Listen here!
I reached out to some of the hikers I follow on social media to ask them which energizing snacks they rely on. Not only do their picks sound totally delicious, they’re also easy to pack, don’t need to be kept cold, and light enough that they won’t weigh your backpack down—but hearty enough to keep you full. Read more…
National Chia Day ???? March 23rd, 2019
It’s that time of year everyone – National Chia Day is THIS weekend! Did you know that Chia Seeds are one of THE MOST nutrient-rich foods on the planet!? They can easily be incorporated into almost every meal. We are also doing a giveaway which you can find all the details for at the bottom of this page!
Not too familiar with Chia Seeds? Below are some amazing facts about this tiny, but mighty superfood.
What is Chia?
Chia seeds come from the desert plant Salvia hispanica, which is a flowering member of the mint family and is native to North, Central, and South America. They have been enjoyed for thousands of years and can be traced all the way back to 3,000 B.C. where it was a staple of both Maya and Aztec diets. They believed one tablespoon of chia was capable of sustaining a warrior for 24 hours!
What are the health benefits of Chia?
- Omega-3: They are extremely high in Omega-3, which is a polyunsaturated fat and is considered to be an essential fatty acid since it cannot be manufactured by the body. Studies have shown that Omega-3 fatty acids work to protect the heart by lowering blood pressure, bad cholesterol, and inflammation.
- Dietary Fiber: Chia Seeds have both soluble and insoluble fiber, which can aid in digestion. The gelatinous texture that forms on the outside when the seeds are hydrated is the soluble fiber! Being rich in fiber content also helps people feel more full quicker and longer.
- Complete Protein: Not only does it contain plant-based protein, but it also contains complete protein (aka whole protein)! Complete protein contains the desired proportion of all nine essential amino acid believed to be necessary for the dietary needs of humans.
- Vitamins & Minerals: Chia seeds are also a source of calcium, iron, potassium, phosphorous, magnesium, and zinc!
- Antioxidants: Research has shown that free radicals play a major role in disease formation and antioxidants reduce the effect of free radical damage, thus protecting healthy cells!
- Hydration: When chia seeds are placed in water, they can swell up to 12x their normal size! Due to the extra retained H2O, consuming hydrated chia seeds can help you stay hydrated for a longer period of time.
- Prebiotic: Prebiotic foods are high in special types of fiber that help to support digestive health. They are believed to promote the increase of friendly bacteria in the gut, help with various digestive problems, improve metabolic health, and even boost your immune system!
What can I do with Chia Seeds?
Chia pudding, chia water, chia muffins…the possibilities are endless! Powerhouse versatility makes it a welcome addition to any meal, snack, or beverage, wether it be a smoothie, parfait, salad – you name it!
Here is a quick and easy Chia Pudding recipe:
- Ingredients: 1 cup liquid (almond milk, coconut milk, water, juice, etc.) + 3 Tbsp Chia Seeds + Optional 1 Tbsp sweeter (honey, maple syrup, agave, sugar, etc.).
- Directions: Add all ingredients, mix well, store in refrigerator for 6-8 hours, top with fruit, and ENJOY!
Mamma Chia Products:
All of our products are USDA Certified Organic, Gluten-Free, Non-GMO, and Vegan! We are a proud Certified B Corporation and a member of 1% for the Planet. We make Chia Vitality Beverages, Chia Energy Beverages, Chia Granola Clusters, and Chia Squeeze pouches. You can purchase our Granola Clusters, Chia Seed, and Chia Squeeze on our online store HERE.
Our Chia Energy and Chia Vitality beverages contain 2500mg of Omega-3, 4g of Complete Protein, and has 24% of your daily Fiber! Our Energy Beverages contain 90mg of natural caffeine, which comes from organic yerba mate ad organic green coffee bean.
Our Chia Squeeze pouches are just chia mixed with fruit and vegetable puree and have NO added sugar! They contain 1200mg of Omega-3, and since they don’t require refrigeration, they make the perfect yummy snack for on-the-go lifestyles!
Our Granola Clusters are both Soy-Free and Dairy-Free and each 55g serving contains 1500 mg of Omega-3, 10g of protein, and 5g of Fiber.
Celebrate National Chia Day by purchasing our Chia Love Bundle which includes a 6 oz. bag of our Black Chia Seeds, your choice of flavor Organic Chia Granola Clusters, and your choice of flavor 8-Pack Organic Chia Squeeze pouches. All for just $18.99!
Looking for a retailer near you? Check out our online Store Finder HERE.
⚠️ Social Media Giveaway ⚠️
Want to celebrate with us? Enter our giveaway and start posting today!
- Post a chia-related photo on Instagram. Can be a photo with our product or just chia seeds in general! Ex: recipe, chia-related facts, your favorite Mamma Chia products, etc.
- Make sure to tag @MammaChia and #NCD2019
- Profiles MUST be public otherwise we won’t see the post!
- There will be 2 winners:
- Contest ends Sunday, March 24th and winners will be chosen and notified on Monday, March 25th.
- *USA and 18+ only*
Creating your own homemade jam has never been easier and more delicious! One of our favorite recipe mavens, Madison Suden, shows us the best way to whip up a delectable batch of flavorful Raspberry Chia Jam using Mamma Chia Organic Chia Seeds!
The options are endless on how you choose to enjoy your Raspberry Chia Jam. You can spice up your traditional PB&J sandwich, smooth it over your morning crepes, layer it in your parfait or add it to your pancake stack! There is one thing we can assure you, every meal is better with a spoonful of this fruity deliciousness!
Fun Fact: The gelling power of chia seeds will turn your mashed fruit into a delicious spreadable jam in a matter of minutes!
3 tbsp. of Mamma Chia Organic Chia Seeds
1 1/2 cup of fresh raspberries
2 tsp maple syrup
2 tbsp. water
Add the Raspberries, water and chia seeds to the pan and let cook for about 3-4 minutes over medium heat. Cook until the raspberries have melted down until its mostly liquid. Mash the raspberries with the back of your spatula – you can make it as smooth or lumpy as you like! Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the maple syrup. Let stand for 5-10 minutes or until thickened. The jam will continue to thicken, especially once refrigerated. Once the jam has gotten to your desired thickness, pour into a jar and it’s ready to go!
Whip up a batch of your own Raspberry Chia Jam today and share your photos with us! #MammaChia
This Mamma Chia Raspberry Chia Jam was created by @madisons_eeeats
This amazing superfood that originated from Maya and Aztec cultures boasts a long list of benefits which have been proven by research. It is also a versatile ingredient with no taste so you can easily add it into your meals. Chia seeds are so beneficial for women especially. Learn about their benefits, plus how to incorporate them into your meals. Read more…
‘Tis the Season to fill your home with the sweet aroma of seasonal spices and pure magic of chia cheer with our delicious Mamma Chia Gingerbread Muffins! These moist, flavorful holiday creations are sure to induce a holly jolly spirit!
- 2 tsp Mamma Chia organic Chia Seeds
- 1/2 cup (1 small/medium) very ripe banana, mashed
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- zest of half an orange (optional)
- 1-1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp fine-grain sea salt
- 1/2 cup canola or vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup molasses
- 1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk (or sub 2% dairy milk)
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners or lightly grease with butter or non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, mash the banana together with the egg until completely combined. Stir in the vanilla, orange zest, spices and salt.
- Begin adding ingredients one by one, stirring until combined between each addition. First the chia seeds, oil, molasses and milk to the bowl (stirring to combine), then granulated and dark brown sugar (stirring to combine), followed by the baking powder and baking soda (stirring to combine). Fold in the flour until just mixed.
- Divide the batter evenly between the muffin cups, about 3/4 full.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 400 degrees F. Reduce the oven temperature down to 375 degrees F, turn the muffin pan around, and bake for an additional 7-9 minutes until the muffin tops are set and a cake tester inserted into the center of the muffins comes out clean. Let cool in the muffin tins for 5 minutes, then transfer to a baking rack to cool completely. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Spread the Holiday Chia-Cheer!
Do you have a favorite Holiday recipe? Share with us! Tag all your recipes with #MammaChia to share the magic!
Mamma Chia Pumpkin Oats with Sautéed Apples
Loaded oats bowls are quickly becoming a fall season favorite and we couldn’t agree more! There’s no better way to kickstart a crisp, autumn day than with a warm oatmeal bowl in the morning, loaded with tantalizingly seasonal toppings! One of our favorite recipe mavens, Carolyn from @copinaco, created this pumpkin and apple masterpiece using Mamma Chia Organic Chia Squeeze and Organic Chia Granola Clusters. It’s quick, easy and simply delicious!
1/2 rolled cup oats
1 tablespoon Mamma Chia organic Chia Seeds
1/2 cup pumpkin purée (canned or steamed, then puréed)
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup almond milk
1/2 tsp vanilla extract or powder
1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1/4- 1/2 tsp turmeric (depending on your taste)
1 medjool date, chopped (for extra sweetness)
A dash of cinnamon
1 apple, diced
1/2 tsp coconut oil
1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
– Mamma Chia organic Chia Squeeze (flavor of your choice)
– Dash of Mamma Chia organic Granola Clusters
– Shredded Coconut
To cook the apples, heat the coconut oil over medium for about 1 minute before adding the diced apple. Add the pumpkin pie spice and sauté for about 3-5 minutes over medium-low, stirring occasionally until the apples begin to soften.
To cook the oats, stir all ingredients together and cook over medium on the stove for about 5 minutes. Remove from heat, then add your toppings.
We hope you enjoy!
It’s the perfect time of the year for warm and cozy culinary creations and you’ll totally want to cozy up to this tasty apple-spiced loaded oats bowl! One of our favorite recipe mavens, Hallie (@spinachdaddy), helped us create this uniquely delicious Mamma Chia Blackberry Bliss Oatmeal Bowl using our Organic Chia Squeeze and Organic Chia Granola Clusters. Just in time for the holidays! Be sure to check out her Instagram for loads more recipes to swoon over: @spinachdaddy
Blackberry Bliss Oatmeal bowl
- 1/2 cup of rolled or quick oats, cooked in almond milk
- 1 Mamma Chia Blackberry Bliss Organic Chia Squeeze
- 1 large chopped apple
- 1 tsp coconut sugar
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin spice or cinnamon
- Mixed berries of choice (we used organic blackberries and strawberries)
- 1 tbsp pistachios
- 1/4 cup Mamma Chia Vanilla Almond Chia Granola Clusters
- 1 tbsp almond butter (or nut butter of choice)
- 1 tbsp bee pollen
- Prepare your oatmeal: Combine oats and almond milk in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low. Simmer uncovered for 3 to 5 minutes until thickened, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and place into a medium bowl.
- Create the “baked apples” by combining one large chopped apple with 1/2 tsp of pumpkin spice (or cinnamon) and 1 tsp of coconut sugar in a small bowl until the apples are covered
- Microwave the chopped apple for 45 seconds and add to your oatmeal bowl
- Squeeze your Blackberry Bliss Chia Squeeze over your oats
- Drizzle 1 tbsp of almond butter over the top
- Add Vanilla Almond Organic Chia Granola Clusters, mixed berries, pistachios, and bee pollen
Make sure to tag us in all your Mamma Chia recipes for a chance to be featured! This recipe was created by @Spinachdaddy, make sure to check out her Instagram page and follow along on her delicious and magical journey!
Mamma Chia – Home of the organic chia products, Mamma Chia makes energy drinks, granola, chia squeezables, and plain chia to add to an array of foods. We love adding these seeds … Read more…
School is officially back in session and there’s no better time to start packing some nutrient-rich, nourishing snacks for your little ones! Juggling schedules can get a little bit hectic, so we put together some of these delightfully simple, wonderfully delicious and easy-to-prep snack ideas and recipes for healthy lunch box treats your kids will absolutely adore!
1. Mamma Chia Organic Chia Squeeze make for the perfect healthy, on-the-go Vitality Snack option for all ages! Each nutrient-rich Chia Squeeze is packed with organic fruits, veggies and, most importantly, chia! Our Organic Chia Squeeze come in 6 delicious flavors that will be sure to suit your every taste bud!
2. Another fun way to enjoy our Organic Chia Squeeze is by using them as a topping for crackers! The Crackers + Chia Squeeze combo is a pairing that everyone is sure to love! Layer your favorite crackers with any of our Organic Chia Squeeze and enjoy!
3. Another yummy and nutrient-packed snack that requires just a little bit of prep is our Apple Chiaslider! Cut up an organic apple of your choice into thin slices, layer with your favorite peanut butter and add some nutritious crunch with our Organic Chia Granola Clusters! Stack these dressed-up slices all together to create this delightfully tasty (and photogenic) Chiaslider snack! (@thenakedbroccoli)
If you’re looking to surprise and delight with a unique snack option, these No Bake Chia Jam Balls are wonderfully nutritious, delicious and take no time at all to create! The base is made with just 4 key ingredients that will BOOST your energy for the afternoon. Oats for fiber to keep you full, chia jam for that extra tastiness plus healthy nutrients, crunchy peanut butter for more healthy fats and the stickiness to hold the balls together!
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 3 tablespoons raspberry chia jam
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup Crunchy peanut butter
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine oats, Raspberry Chia Jam, and salt. Add Peanut Butter and mix well to combine.
- Form the mixture into 1-inch balls, pressing the mixture together in the palm of your hand. Repeat until all the oat mixture is rolled into balls. Freeze for at least 20 minutes or overnight. Pack and enjoy!
4. Lucky Charms Chia pudding is always a crowd pleaser for all ages and is a quick and easy snack to prepare!
2 cups almond milk
1/2 cup chia seeds
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup honey, or sweetener and amount of choice
1/4 tsp cinnamon (optional)
1 chocolate bar
Lucky Charms cereal
Directions: Stir the almond milk, chia seeds, vanilla extract, honey and cinnamon all together in a bowl, then set the bowl in the fridge for a couple of hours. Once the chia pudding is ready, pour into a desired jar and top with some Lucky Charms, fresh raspberries and a drizzle of melted chocolate!
We hope you and your little ones enjoy all of these delicious chia-powered recipes that are ready to boost any packed school lunch or after school snack!
Shop our online store now and save on your favorite chia snacks with code LOVE15: www.shopmammachia.com
Including enough fiber in your diet is crucial for healthy living and we at Mamma Chia are all about staying healthy! A quick refresher: fiber is a carb found in plant-based foods (like chia seeds) and consuming fiber can help you feel fuller for longer!
Here are 3 easy ways to incorporate fiber into your daily diet using chia!
- Organic Chia Beverages & Chia Energy Beverages are a delicious and refreshing way to add fiber to your daily routine. Each 10oz bottle contains 6g of fiber which equals to 24% of the daily recommended value! Feel refreshed, revitalized and “fiber-fied” with just one tasty Chia Beverage bottle!
2. Mamma Chia Organic Chia Squeeze is the ultimate on-the-go fiber source! Each pouch contains 4g of fiber making it the perfect snack for those on the move!
3. Another easy way to soak up the benefits of Chia Seeds is to just add water! In just one serving (1 tablespoon) of chia seeds, there are 4g of fiber! You can easily create your own fiber-packed refreshment in the comfort of your own home!
Recipe for Chia Water:
- 2 cups of water or coconut water
- 1.5 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 tbsp. fresh lemon or lime juice to taste!
Be sure to grab one of our many delicious Organic Chia Beverages, Chia Energy Beverages, Chia Squeeze or Chia Seeds today and start incorporating fiber into your daily diet the simple and delightful way! 🙂
We invite you to use the code FIBER20 to receive 20% off your entire order of any of our Organic Chia Squeezes, Chia Granola Clusters and Chia Seeds at www.shopmammachia.com!
No Summer Day is complete without a yummy frozen treat! If you’re trying to beat the heat and searching for a refreshing spin on the classic popsicle, look no further than these ice-cold Mamma Chia Summer Chia-Pops! Not only are they incredibly delicious, they’re also a great way to add more Omega-3, fiber and antioxidants to your day through the Magic of Chia®! Best of all, they’re so simple to craft at home! These homemade Chia-Pops taste just as good as they look… and they’re ridiculously good-looking! Check out the recipe below and enjoy!
- 1 Vanilla – organic Honey Yogurt
- 1 organic Mamma Chia Squeeze (we recommend Wild Raspberry or Blackberry Bliss)
- Spirulina for the blue coloring
- Dragon fruit Pitaya powder for pink coloring
Step 1) Mix and Swirl the yogurt and Mamma Chia organic Chia Squeeze together in a bowl
Step 2) Drizzle in some spirulina or dragon fruit Pitaya powder for coloring
Step 3) Pour the colorful mixture into individual popsicle molds
Step 4) Freeze for about 6+ hours. We recommend overnight for the best results!
Step 5) Enjoy while you soak up the sun!
Save on your favorite Chia Squeezes for your Mamma Chia Summer Chia-Pops today by using promo code POP20 for 20% off your entire online order at www.shopmammachia.com.
Make sure to snap some photos of your magical creations and tag us! #SeedYourSoul
Did someone say cupcakes?? What about these sweet, crunchy and healthy chia chocolate and peanut butter cupcakes!! These delicious little beauties are perfect to whip up and take to your next party or simply enjoy for yourself, because at the end of a long day, a sweet treat with Mamma Chia is ALWAYS a good idea! Enjoy!
1 cup spelt flour
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 cup coconut sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
3/4 cup almond milk
2 tbsp sunflower oil
1 tbsp applesauce
1/2 Mamma Chia Wild Raspberry Chia Squeeze
1 tbsp NuttZo Peanut Pro
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
1/2 cup Nuttzo Peanut Pro
Top with Mamma Chia Granola Clusters
- Mix dry ingredients in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix almond milk, oil, applesauce, NuttZo, and apple cider vinegar.
- Add wet to dry and mix well
- Fill mini muffin tin liners 3/4 of the way full
- Bake at 350 for 10 to 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, melt 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips and add to 1/2 cup Nuttzo Peanut Pro
- Spread cooled cupcakes with frosting and decorate with Mamma Chia Vanilla Clusters and cacao nibs
It’s summertime and the living’s easy! What better way to both unwind and revitalize than with a delicious summertime, chia-infused cocktail? Are you ready to get shaking, stirring and mixing? Each recipe adds a unique, chia-riffic spin to the traditional cocktail ingredients. In addition to adding essences of lemon, lime or mint, all are infused with the Magic of Chia®! These four chia cocktails are just what you need to thrive this summer!
Note: All recipes are crafted for a 8 oz glass.
TIP: Frozen Mamma Chia ice cubes prevent diluting these delicious cocktails! Heart shapes are our go-to!
- Blueberry Pomegranate Chia-jito
There’s a reason why classic cocktail recipes are considered the classics; they’re timelessly enjoyed! A refreshing take on the traditional Mojito, this Chia-jito combines mint leaves and limes muddled with fresh blueberries and our Mamma Chia Blueberry Pomegranate Chia Beverage, mixed with your choice of white rum.
- 1 Mamma Chia Blueberry Pomegranate Chia Beverage
- 1/4 cup of white rum
- Fresh organic blueberries
- Fresh mint leaves
- 1 sliced lime
- Ice cubes
Add 1 slice lime, 5 mint leaves, 5 blueberries in a 8 oz glass and muddle. Pour in Mamma Chia Blueberry Pomegranate Chia Beverage and rum. Garnish with blueberries, mint, lime and ENJOY!
- Strawberry Lemonade Chia-rita
Add a little sabor y alegría to your summer with a delicious Strawberry Lemonade Chia-rita! With a little ice, your favorite tequila and our revitalizing Strawberry Lemonade Chia Beverage, the Chia-rita is the perfect complement to a warm summer day! The colorful combination of flavors comes to life with every sip! ¡Salud!
- 1 Mamma Chia Strawberry Lemonade Chia Beverage
- 1/4 cup tequila
- 2 tablespoons of simple syrup
- fresh strawberries
- 1 sliced lemon
- Ice cubes
Add Mamma Chia Strawberry Lemonade Chia Beverage, tequila, simple syrup and ice in a shaker and shake. Pour in a glass and garnish with lemon and fresh strawberries and ENJOY!
- Raspberry Passion Chia-politan
Pinkies up! It’s time to jazz up the go-to cosmo with our delicious and nutritious Raspberry Passion Chia Beverage! Fresh raspberries and mint leaves pair incredibly with vodka in this delightful cocktail. The libation itself is just as delicious as it is beautiful – which only adds to the fun!
- 1 Mamma Chia Raspberry Passion Chia Beverage
- 1/4 cup vodka
- Fresh raspberries
- Fresh mint leaves
- 1 sliced lime
Add Mamma Chia Raspberry Passion Chia Beverage and vodka in a shaker and shake. Pour in a glass and garnish with fresh raspberries and mint leaves and ENJOY!
- Blackberry Hibiscus Chia-Tini
Shaken or stirred; either will do because we adore this Blackberry Hibiscus Chia-tini! Made with the freshest organic ingredients, this remix is a bit sassy, but always classy! Our Mamma Chia Blackberry Hibiscus Chia-tini infuses fresh mint and blackberries with vodka to create a delicious and sophisticated beverage!
- 1 Mamma Chia Blackberry Hibiscus Chia Beverage
- 1/4 cup vodka
- Fresh blackberries
- Fresh mint leaves
Add Mamma Chia Blackberry Hibiscus Chia Beverage and vodka into a cocktail shaker and shake it up! Pour into a cocktail glass and garnish with fresh blackberries and mint leaves and ENJOY!
We hope our signature Mamma Chia Summer Cocktails surprise, delight and make your summer all the more magical! Make sure to tag us in all of your #MammaChia creations!
Chia Squeeze by Mamma Chia – these organic chia squeeze packets by Mamma Chia are a great way to get your chia seed fix with minimal effort. A known superfood, chia seeds are rich in fiber, omega-3… Read more…
Subtle changes in the packaging design can offer powerful results. Most obviously, Mamma Chia expands brand recognition by enlarging its logo and the delicious-sounding flavor, “Blackberry Hibiscus.” The company also made… Read more…
Consumers’ desire for more energy will be a constant in the functional beverage category: but the traditional energy drink space is ripe for disruption, says Mamma Chia founder and CEO Janie Hoffman. Read more…
The most MAGICAL day of the year is almost here — National Chia Day! In 2016, Mamma Chia officially designated March 23rd as National Chia Day with the registrar of National Day Calendar! Now observed for its third year, this day recognizes the tiny, yet powerful chia seed that has earned its reputation as being one of the MOST nutrient-rich foods on the planet! Revered by the Maya and Aztecs for their amazing healing powers and natural energy, chia seeds have become a trusted staple for people around the world and can be enjoyed in many foods and beverages!
March 23rd is an extra magical date – not only is it National Chia Day, but it also wonderfully marks National Puppy Day! We at Mamma Chia couldn’t think of a more perfect way to mark the dual occasion than by partnering with our friends and neighbors at Rancho Coastal Humane Society! We are excited to announce the first ever Mamma Chia Pet Adoption Week presented by Rancho Coastal Humane Society, that will begin on March 23rd and last through the end of the month!
We will be donating $100 worth of chia beverages and snacks to every delightful family and soul who adopts a pet from RCHS over the week!
Mamma Chia will be also on site at RCHS on National Chia Day spreading the Mamma Chia Magic to our community and hopeful adopters, as well as treating all fur friends to some freshly baked chia dog treats!
Chia Dog Treat Recipe:
PEANUT BUTTER & PUMPKIN DOG TREATS
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 30 mins
Total time: 40 mins
*Note: Make sure the Peanut Butter is xylitol free as xylitol is toxic to dogs!*
Your dog will love this super easy recipe for chia doggie treats.
- 1/4 cup of creamy peanut butter (Unsalted & xylitol free)
- 1 cup of pumpkin puree
- 2 eggs
- 2 T chia seeds
- 3 cups of whole wheat flour
- In a stand mixer, combine the peanut butter and pumpkin puree. Scrape down bowl sides.
- Add eggs and beat.
- Add chia seeds and 2 1/2 cups of flour. Mix until combined. Add remaining flour by 1Ž4 cups until the mixture is good for rolling out (forms a nice ball that is not too sticky and doesn’t crumble apart).
- Roll dough out to 1/4 inch thick, cut with cookie cutter of choice.
- Bake in 350-degree oven for 20-30 minutes until slightly browned and as crispy as you (or your pup) like.
About the Rancho Coastal Humane Society:
Rancho Coastal Humane Society (RCHS) was formed in 1960 by a group of hardworking volunteers, led by animal lover Maria K. Lloyd. The goal was and continues to be to care for the homeless animal population of San Diego County and to educate the public about pet overpopulation and responsible companion animal care. In the nearly 58 years since its inception, RCHS has grown from a small facility run by volunteers to a professionally managed humane society that provides quality shelter care, adoption services, education programs and an animal safehouse program for the survivors of domestic violence.
One of RCHS’ main goals is the adoption of animals to permanent, loving homes. After finding the perfect match, RCHS helps prospective adopters learn about health care, nutrition requirements, grooming, exercise, responsible pet ownership, socialization and the importance of the human/animal bond.
The Rancho Coastal Humane Society is a non-profit, 501(c)3, charitable organization. They are not tax supported, nor funded by any government agency. Please consider making a donation today!
Take a look at the current list of adoptable pets by Clicking Here. Many of the animals listed have explanations of their personalities, including how they react to cats and children, and what kinds of activities make them happiest.
Keep in mind that adopting a pet is a big decision. Dogs and cats are living beings who require a lot of time, money, and commitment–over 15 years’ worth in many cases. Pet ownership can be incredibly rewarding, but only if you think through your decision before you adopt a companion.
Please note: In order to potentially adopt and interact with an animal, you must be present at the shelter with a completed pre-adoption application submitted to the front desk no later than 4:30 pm.
We are absolutely thrilled to celebrate National Chia Day at Rancho Coastal Humane Society this Friday, March 23rd and we can’t wait to see you there! If you are unable to attend, there are plenty of other ways to commemorate the day by adding chia to every meal and making sure to post on social media using #ItsChiaDay2018! Or, post a picture showing your puppy having some fun with chia using #ChiaAndPuppies. For every #, we’ll donate $1 to RCHS! You can also find out how to support Rancho Coastal Humane Society by visiting here: https://rchumanesociety.org/give/donate/
Mamma Chia, National Chia Day founder and creator of the original chia beverage, is celebrating National Chia Day on March 23 with a new release of its Chia Energy Beverages. The energizing beverages combine the plant-based nutritional powerhouse of organic chia with clean caffeine from organic yerba mate and organic green coffee bean. Read more…
Spring is the time of rebirth. And for many of the beverage brands exhibiting at Natural Products Expo West 2018 in Anaheim this week, it’s a time for rebranding. Mamma Chia’s core line of organic chia drinks will sport a new label design this year. Read more…
It’s February and love is in the air! In a month that’s tailor made for true romance, what better way for hearts to grow than to engage the mind with your special someone? We have a big crush on these out-of-the-ordinary date ideas and we think you’ll fall for them too, so grab your sweetheart by the hand and check out these 6 Mindful Dates! It just might be a match!
Volunteer: While you’re taking the time to fall in love, why not share the love with some do-good feel-good activities? Volunteering together is a great way to spend quality time together and that passion for helping others can surely help intensify the passion in your relationship! Plus giving back to those in need is always rewarding and good for the soul! Here are few opportunities that should be easy to find in your community: animal shelters, beach cleanups, soup kitchens, youth mentorship, charity fun runs, Meals on Wheels; the options are limitless!
Learn a new skill: There might not be a better way to bond with your other half while applying your mind than by learning a new skill together! Try taking a cooking class and share a plate of a delicious meal that you made together. Sign up for some swing or salsa dancing and instantly sweep each other off your feet. Learn a new language together so you can both apply it on your next international adventure! You can put a real emphasis on what it really means to share special experiences!
Acro Yoga – This engaging discipline of yoga might really help build a deeper mental and physical connection between you and significant other! Not only is it thrilling and intimate, but it can also open up communication and trust with one. PLUS, finding fun in fitness with your partner is always an indicator for a great date night!
Staycationing – Be a tourist in your own town! You’ll both be surprised at how fun it is to recreate the thrill of a far-off jaunt (and the romance it sparks) by hitting all the most popular tourist traps in your city! Hop on a bus tour and check out how non-locals perceive your town. Swing by the most overrated local eatery and share a plate of that ‘world famous’ Mac n cheese featured on that Food Network show that one time last decade. Don’t forget to grab matching tacky souvenirs to commemorate your trip!
Bike Ride: Get the wheels spinning in your love life with a casual cruise around town! It’s always nice to get outside in the fresh air and take in some beautiful scenery with your significant other! Bonus points for tandem bikes! 😉
Hike: Couples hikes are classic but often overlooked opportunities to get some alone time with your love! Get away from daily distractions and explore together, you’ll be strengthening your connection as well as your quads! Be sure to pack some Chia Squeeze to share with your main squeeze!
Good luck lovers! Remember to send us a postcard from your honeymoon! 😉
“Janie Hoffman’s original vision was for her company to be a platform brand to share the health benefits of chia seeds with others. She founded Mamma Chia, the first organic, chia-based food and beverage company, and was faced with the decision about which product to launch first. Read more.
Mamma Chia was founded in San Diego and to this day SD still remains our wonderful home! We’ve had a blast recently exploring our very own backyard and to our delight we’ve discovered some beautiful, Instagram-worthy murals along the way! So much so that we wanted to share our top 10 with you! So, whether you’re a fellow San Diegan or need to make plans to visit soon, pack your cameras and check out some of the best backdrops San Diego has to offer!
1. Greetings from San Diego Mural (4223 30thSt, San Diego, CA 9104)
2. Rainbow Wall (2004 University Ave, San Diego, CA 92104)
3. Floral Wall Art (377 Carlsbad Village Dr, Carlsbad, CA 92008)
4. Rainbow Tiger Mural (2906 Carlsbad Blvd, Carlsbad, CA 92008)
5. You Are Radiant (3803 Ray St, San Diego, CA 92104)
6. Chronic Smoothies, Blazin Grill (865 Turquoise St, San Diego, CA 92109)
7. Favorite Color Wall Mural (7596 Eads Ave, La Jolla, CA 92037)
8. Old Town Historic Park (4002 Wallace St, San Diego, CA 92110)
9. Copa Vida Coffee Shop (5600 Avenida Encinas, Carlsbad, CA 92008)
10. Mamma Chia HQ (5205 Avenida Encinas, Suite E, Carlsbad 92008) – Come visit us!
Make sure to bring along your favorite Mamma Chia Beverage or Chia Squeeze to fuel your San Diego wanderings! They also make a great prop! 😉
Don’t forget to tag us in all your #MammaChia photos!
Janie Hoffman, Mamma Chia CEO and founder, shares her thoughts on how to stay true to her mission. “‘Consumers vote with their dollars. They want to support like-minded businesses they can trust.” Read more.
A delightfully simple way to add the benefits of chia into your diet is to start with the most important meal of the day: breakfast! Here are 5 everyday breakfasts that you’ll LOVE adding our organic chia seeds to!
- Smoothies: Smoothies are a favorite go-to breakfast option, especially for those on the go! For starters, they’re quick, easy and, most importantly, portable. It’s almost impossible for a smoothie to not taste great and you can get as creative as you like when adding your favorite fruits & veggies! But if you really want to jazz up the nutrition, add in some chia seeds for an instant nutrient-rich boost! So if you’re a smoothie drinker like us, we recommend adding in some of our organic Chia Seeds to add in that extra nutritional boost, we are sure it won’t disappoint!
- Oatmeal: Oatmeal is an undeniable breakfast staple. Quick, easy to make and never ceases to make you feel warm and fuzzy inside! Try adding some of Organic Chia Granola Clusters as a topping along with sliced fruit for that extra health factor and a little bit of a yummy crunch. You won’t regret it! 🙂
- Pancakes: Is It just us, or does the mere mention of the word ‘pancake’ send your taste buds into a panicked frenzy? Nothing beats the satisfaction of hot pancakes in the morning! For a guilt-free twist on a classic, our organic Chia Squeezes make a delicious replacement for maple syrup. No added sugar, just organic fruit and veggie puree that tastes amazing! It’s a MUST try!
- Muffins: We can’t think of any better way to get the day started then with the aroma of fresh muffins baking in the oven. That’s what pure happiness feels like! Adding organic chia seeds to the ingredient list won’t affect any of the flavor or fragrance, but it will certainly (and subtly) up the nutrition factor!
- Avocado Toast: Where has it been all our lives?! Some think of it as a luxury, but we just think it’s delicious (and easy to boot). Avo-toast might be a new concept (somehow) but we know it’s surely here to stay, it’s just that tasty! To give it a fancy twist, sprinkle organic chia seeds on top and make that nutrition premium!
You can purchase all of our Organic Chia Seeds, Chia Squeeze and Chia Granola Clusters here at ShopMammaChia.com. Use code LOVE15 to get 15% off your entire order!
Make sure to share all your magical Chia recipes with us using the tag #MammaChia on social media!
Find ways to make healthy drinks better for the environment. Healthy drinks that provide functional beverages is one of the fastest-growing categories. These types of beverages naturally align with environmental stewardship, conservation and human health. Coming from an environmental background, this is the space where I have seen some of the greatest potential. Read more.
Squeezy does it! Mamma Chia’s organic squeeze is packed with Omega-3, protein and fiber, making it ideal fuel for hungry travellers. The chia seeds are infused with delicious fruits and vegetables… Read more.
A quality nosh that also pays it forward? These companies give a whole new meaning to smart snacking. Mamma Chia offers high quality, organic chia-based foods that are both healthy and help towards sustainability. Mamma Chia is a member of 1% For the Planet and a founding member of Slow Money. Read more.
Khloé Kardashian is not letting hunger in between meals get the best of her. The Keeping Up with the Kardashians star says it’s not always easy to choose the perfect snack, but she’s developed an arsenal of her go-to picks when hunger strikes.
Mamma Chia Wild Blueberry Clusters “I’d never had gluten-free granola before tasting Mamma Chia’s, but this has such a wonderful, crunchy texture. It doesn’t have a hint of blueberry—it really tastes like blueberries, and I love that. I had to stop myself from eating the entire bag.” Read more…
These Are the Absolute Best Snacks You Can Buy Right Now! Tastiest Low-Cal Snack: Mamma Chia Blackberry Bliss Chia Squeeze. Don’t be fooled by the kiddie squeeze pouch. You get a pop of real blackberries, and chia seeds are a nutritional powerhouse that delivers… Read more…
Mamma Chia Organic Chia Squeeze: Chia seeds aren’t just for your health-crazed cousin anymore. These highly portable flavored pouches are packed with nutrients, and come in six delicious flavors including Mango Coconut, Strawberry Banana, and Blackberry Bliss. Read more… Read more…
Following decades of trying numerous regimens to try to get a handle on serious health issues, Mamma Chia founder Janie Hoffman was introduced to yet another superfood ancient grain: chia. The versatility of this little seed, packed with Omega-3s, antioxidants, fiber, protein, and calcium, makes it an easy addition to limitless foods and recipes. Read more… Read more…
As a result, some lightly sweetened brands of granola are starting to emerge. Mr. Bellatti, the dietitian, said he often recommends Mamma Chia’s Vanilla Almond granola, which has about 10 grams of sugar per cup. Read more…
I bring these bite-size energy balls with me when I’m on the go, and they take just minutes to whip up! They’re made with Mamma Chia Organic Chia Seeds, which provide a satiating mix of protein, fiber, and healthy fat. Read more…
Suspended chia seeds are kind of an amazing drink, especially when they’re suspended in fruit juice or green juice. You can totally make it at home or buy it. Of late, I’ve been pretty obsessed with the new Mamma Chia’s Organic Chia & Greens… Read more…
“Beet, cherries and chia seeds are three of the best foods for runners. Full of antioxidants, nitrates and omega-3’s, these foods have been linked to increased speed, improved endurance and quicker recovery. This little packet serves them all up in one tasty little package, a perfect 70-calorie snack.” -Jessica Sebor, editor in chief Read more…
The start of school is rapidly approaching. And, let’s face it – you aren’t going to be creating homemade lunches from scratch every single day. Fortunately, grocery stores are offering better packaged options that aren’t just good for your health, they give back to the community and planet as well. Here are a few lunchbox upgrades to consider when stocking up for back to school. Read more…
Top Savory And Sweet Eats From NYC’s 2016 Summer Fancy Food Show
Every summer at the biennial Fancy Food Show, the Javits Center in New York City turns into a massive food hall as thousands of specialty food vendors from across the world occupy the space to showcase their finest culinary goods. The quality and the variety of food items displayed at this year’s show was no exception – these are just a few of my favorite things! Read more…
Recently, I had the great privilege of reconnecting with Mamma Chia founder and CEO, Janie Hoffman. I reached out after re-reading her brilliant book, Chia Vitality and then using her amazing chia cookbook. Hoffman is one of those rare social entrepreneurs and business leaders who is humble to the core, leads every day with gratitude, and is constantly cultivating her curiosity. Read more…