‘Tis the Season to fill your home with the sweet aroma of seasonal spices and pure magic of chia cheer with our delicious Mamma Chia Gingerbread Muffins! These moist, flavorful holiday creations are sure to induce a holly jolly spirit!
- 2 tsp Mamma Chia organic Chia Seeds
- 1/2 cup (1 small/medium) very ripe banana, mashed
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- zest of half an orange (optional)
- 1-1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp fine-grain sea salt
- 1/2 cup canola or vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup molasses
- 1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk (or sub 2% dairy milk)
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners or lightly grease with butter or non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, mash the banana together with the egg until completely combined. Stir in the vanilla, orange zest, spices and salt.
- Begin adding ingredients one by one, stirring until combined between each addition. First the oil, molasses and milk to the bowl (stirring to combine), then granulated and dark brown sugar (stirring to combine), followed by the baking powder and baking soda (stirring to combine). Fold in the flour until just mixed.
- Divide the batter evenly between the muffin cups, about 3/4 full.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 400 degrees F. Reduce the oven temperature down to 375 degrees F, turn the muffin pan around, and bake for an additional 7-9 minutes until the muffin tops are set and a cake tester inserted into the center of the muffins comes out clean. Let cool in the muffin tins for 5 minutes, then transfer to a baking rack to cool completely. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Spread the Holiday Chia-Cheer!
Do you have a favorite Holiday recipe? Share with us! Tag all your recipes with #MammaChia to share the magic!