Within a year of its market debut in 2010, its innovative chia-based beverages were distributed in thousands of stores, including nationally at Whole Foods. A few months later, founder Janie Hoffman was highlighted in a widely-read New York Times article about growing consumer demand for chia. Mamma Chia has since evolved into a platform brand that also markets snacks and other foods and is one of the leading brands in the chia space. Listen here!
In honor of Earth Day week, we decided to make a list of of all the ways YOU can become more eco-friendly in your everyday life! 🍃🌎
1️⃣ Reduce Food Waste
-Shop from bulk bins. Some products you can get include: flour, sugar, cereal/granola, oats, nuts/seeds, beans/lentils, and grains. This also makes it easy to buy the exact amounts that you need so you don’t end up buying too much plus you aren’t wasting extra packaging products usually come in.
-Use mason jars and reusable bags when buying in bulk
-Start a garden and eat the fruits and veggies from it! (This also cuts down on your carbon footprint)
-Start a compost and use it to fertilize your plants/garden
-Use loose leaf tea rather than packaged tea
-Purchase foods that come in recyclable or compostable packaging
*Did YOU know that our Organic Mamma Chia Vitality Beverages are 100% recyclable?*
2️⃣ Shop Mindfully
-Say NO to shopping bags! Not just at grocery stores, but even at the mall 🛍️
-Bring your own reusable/collapsible bags ! (Keep one in your car at all times)
-Shop Local: Both clothing and food. This also supports the local economy!
-Shop Second-Hand: –Local thrift shops such as Goodwill or ones that donate money to charities
-Online/phone applications: Thred Up, Poshmark, Vinted, eBay, letgo, and Craigslist
-Think before you purchase! Do you really NEED it? Can you fix it before replacing it?
-Purchase from eco-conscious brands that use recyclable packaging/materials, sustainable ingredients, and are part of organizations such as 1% for the Planet
-Purchase Certified USDA Organic products
*Did YOU know that Mamma Chia is a Certified B Corp, member of 1% for the planet, Non-GMO, and USDA Organic?*
3️⃣ Reusable Products
-Glass, stainless steel, and silicone storage containers are perfect to use for packed lunches
-Bring them to restaurants, especially when you know you will have leftovers
-Bring a reusable water bottle or cup when going out to buy drinks such as smoothies, coffee, or tea
-Say NO to plastic straws or bring your own stainless steel straw
-Use washable cloths instead of paper towels
4️⃣ Bathroom Tips:
-Take shorter showers 🚿
-Use products that minimize packaging waste such as shampoo and soap bars and toothpaste tablets
-Use biodegradable products such as Dr. Bronner’s Pure-Castile Soap (You can purchase their products in bulk as well!)
-Washable makeup and hygiene products such as face wipes, makeup pads, and feminine products
-Use wooden combs and toothbrushes instead of plastic ones
-Use GREEN cleaning products: Opt for all natural and organic methods of cleaning
-Walk, run, skateboard, roller blade, scooter, bike – these are ALL options you can take instead of driving! 🚲
-There are also options such as electric vehicles, electric scooters and bikes, and public transportation that help to lessen greenhouse gas emissions
-Park further away (Bonus, you get more exercise!)
Take a minute before throwing your trash in the garbage to find out if you can recycle it instead ♻️
National Chia Day 💜 March 23rd, 2019
It’s that time of year everyone – National Chia Day is THIS weekend! Did you know that Chia Seeds are one of THE MOST nutrient-rich foods on the planet!? They can easily be incorporated into almost every meal. We are also doing a giveaway which you can find all the details for at the bottom of this page!
Not too familiar with Chia Seeds? Below are some amazing facts about this tiny, but mighty superfood.
What is Chia?
Chia seeds come from the desert plant Salvia hispanica, which is a flowering member of the mint family and is native to North, Central, and South America. They have been enjoyed for thousands of years and can be traced all the way back to 3,000 B.C. where it was a staple of both Maya and Aztec diets. They believed one tablespoon of chia was capable of sustaining a warrior for 24 hours!
What are the health benefits of Chia?
- Omega-3: They are extremely high in Omega-3, which is a polyunsaturated fat and is considered to be an essential fatty acid since it cannot be manufactured by the body. Studies have shown that Omega-3 fatty acids work to protect the heart by lowering blood pressure, bad cholesterol, and inflammation.
- Dietary Fiber: Chia Seeds have both soluble and insoluble fiber, which can aid in digestion. The gelatinous texture that forms on the outside when the seeds are hydrated is the soluble fiber! Being rich in fiber content also helps people feel more full quicker and longer.
- Complete Protein: Not only does it contain plant-based protein, but it also contains complete protein (aka whole protein)! Complete protein contains the desired proportion of all nine essential amino acid believed to be necessary for the dietary needs of humans.
- Vitamins & Minerals: Chia seeds are also a source of calcium, iron, potassium, phosphorous, magnesium, and zinc!
- Antioxidants: Research has shown that free radicals play a major role in disease formation and antioxidants reduce the effect of free radical damage, thus protecting healthy cells!
- Hydration: When chia seeds are placed in water, they can swell up to 12x their normal size! Due to the extra retained H2O, consuming hydrated chia seeds can help you stay hydrated for a longer period of time.
- Prebiotic: Prebiotic foods are high in special types of fiber that help to support digestive health. They are believed to promote the increase of friendly bacteria in the gut, help with various digestive problems, improve metabolic health, and even boost your immune system!
What can I do with Chia Seeds?
Chia pudding, chia water, chia muffins…the possibilities are endless! Powerhouse versatility makes it a welcome addition to any meal, snack, or beverage, wether it be a smoothie, parfait, salad – you name it!
Here is a quick and easy Chia Pudding recipe:
- Ingredients: 1 cup liquid (almond milk, coconut milk, water, juice, etc.) + 3 Tbsp Chia Seeds + Optional 1 Tbsp sweeter (honey, maple syrup, agave, sugar, etc.).
- Directions: Add all ingredients, mix well, store in refrigerator for 6-8 hours, top with fruit, and ENJOY!
Mamma Chia Products:
All of our products are USDA Certified Organic, Gluten-Free, Non-GMO, and Vegan! We are a proud Certified B Corporation and a member of 1% for the Planet. We make Chia Vitality Beverages, Chia Energy Beverages, Chia Granola Clusters, and Chia Squeeze pouches. You can purchase our Granola Clusters, Chia Seed, and Chia Squeeze on our online store HERE.
Our Chia Energy and Chia Vitality beverages contain 2500mg of Omega-3, 4g of Complete Protein, and has 24% of your daily Fiber! Our Energy Beverages contain 90mg of natural caffeine, which comes from organic yerba mate ad organic green coffee bean.
Our Chia Squeeze pouches are just chia mixed with fruit and vegetable puree and have NO added sugar! They contain 1200mg of Omega-3, and since they don’t require refrigeration, they make the perfect yummy snack for on-the-go lifestyles!
Our Granola Clusters are both Soy-Free and Dairy-Free and each 55g serving contains 1500 mg of Omega-3, 10g of protein, and 5g of Fiber.
Celebrate National Chia Day by purchasing our Chia Love Bundle which includes a 6 oz. bag of our Black Chia Seeds, your choice of flavor Organic Chia Granola Clusters, and your choice of flavor 8-Pack Organic Chia Squeeze pouches. All for just $18.99!
Looking for a retailer near you? Check out our online Store Finder HERE.
⚠️ Social Media Giveaway ⚠️
Want to celebrate with us? Enter our giveaway and start posting today!
- Post a chia-related photo on Instagram. Can be a photo with our product or just chia seeds in general! Ex: recipe, chia-related facts, your favorite Mamma Chia products, etc.
- Make sure to tag @MammaChia and #NCD2019
- Profiles MUST be public otherwise we won’t see the post!
- There will be 2 winners:
- Contest ends Sunday, March 24th and winners will be chosen and notified on Monday, March 25th.
- *USA and 18+ only*
‘Tis the Season to fill your home with the sweet aroma of seasonal spices and pure magic of chia cheer with our delicious Mamma Chia Gingerbread Muffins! These moist, flavorful holiday creations are sure to induce a holly jolly spirit!
- 2 tsp Mamma Chia organic Chia Seeds
- 1/2 cup (1 small/medium) very ripe banana, mashed
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- zest of half an orange (optional)
- 1-1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp fine-grain sea salt
- 1/2 cup canola or vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup molasses
- 1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk (or sub 2% dairy milk)
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners or lightly grease with butter or non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, mash the banana together with the egg until completely combined. Stir in the vanilla, orange zest, spices and salt.
- Begin adding ingredients one by one, stirring until combined between each addition. First the chia seeds, oil, molasses and milk to the bowl (stirring to combine), then granulated and dark brown sugar (stirring to combine), followed by the baking powder and baking soda (stirring to combine). Fold in the flour until just mixed.
- Divide the batter evenly between the muffin cups, about 3/4 full.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 400 degrees F. Reduce the oven temperature down to 375 degrees F, turn the muffin pan around, and bake for an additional 7-9 minutes until the muffin tops are set and a cake tester inserted into the center of the muffins comes out clean. Let cool in the muffin tins for 5 minutes, then transfer to a baking rack to cool completely. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Spread the Holiday Chia-Cheer!
Do you have a favorite Holiday recipe? Share with us! Tag all your recipes with #MammaChia to share the magic!
Mamma Chia Pumpkin Oats with Sautéed Apples
Loaded oats bowls are quickly becoming a fall season favorite and we couldn’t agree more! There’s no better way to kickstart a crisp, autumn day than with a warm oatmeal bowl in the morning, loaded with tantalizingly seasonal toppings! One of our favorite recipe mavens, Carolyn from @copinaco, created this pumpkin and apple masterpiece using Mamma Chia Organic Chia Squeeze and Organic Chia Granola Clusters. It’s quick, easy and simply delicious!
1/2 rolled cup oats
1 tablespoon Mamma Chia organic Chia Seeds
1/2 cup pumpkin purée (canned or steamed, then puréed)
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup almond milk
1/2 tsp vanilla extract or powder
1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1/4- 1/2 tsp turmeric (depending on your taste)
1 medjool date, chopped (for extra sweetness)
A dash of cinnamon
1 apple, diced
1/2 tsp coconut oil
1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
– Mamma Chia organic Chia Squeeze (flavor of your choice)
– Dash of Mamma Chia organic Granola Clusters
– Shredded Coconut
To cook the apples, heat the coconut oil over medium for about 1 minute before adding the diced apple. Add the pumpkin pie spice and sauté for about 3-5 minutes over medium-low, stirring occasionally until the apples begin to soften.
To cook the oats, stir all ingredients together and cook over medium on the stove for about 5 minutes. Remove from heat, then add your toppings.
We hope you enjoy!
It’s the perfect time of the year for warm and cozy culinary creations and you’ll totally want to cozy up to this tasty apple-spiced loaded oats bowl! One of our favorite recipe mavens, Hallie (@spinachdaddy), helped us create this uniquely delicious Mamma Chia Blackberry Bliss Oatmeal Bowl using our Organic Chia Squeeze and Organic Chia Granola Clusters. Just in time for the holidays! Be sure to check out her Instagram for loads more recipes to swoon over: @spinachdaddy
Blackberry Bliss Oatmeal bowl
- 1/2 cup of rolled or quick oats, cooked in almond milk
- 1 Mamma Chia Blackberry Bliss Organic Chia Squeeze
- 1 large chopped apple
- 1 tsp coconut sugar
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin spice or cinnamon
- Mixed berries of choice (we used organic blackberries and strawberries)
- 1 tbsp pistachios
- 1/4 cup Mamma Chia Vanilla Almond Chia Granola Clusters
- 1 tbsp almond butter (or nut butter of choice)
- 1 tbsp bee pollen
- Prepare your oatmeal: Combine oats and almond milk in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low. Simmer uncovered for 3 to 5 minutes until thickened, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and place into a medium bowl.
- Create the “baked apples” by combining one large chopped apple with 1/2 tsp of pumpkin spice (or cinnamon) and 1 tsp of coconut sugar in a small bowl until the apples are covered
- Microwave the chopped apple for 45 seconds and add to your oatmeal bowl
- Squeeze your Blackberry Bliss Chia Squeeze over your oats
- Drizzle 1 tbsp of almond butter over the top
- Add Vanilla Almond Organic Chia Granola Clusters, mixed berries, pistachios, and bee pollen
Make sure to tag us in all your Mamma Chia recipes for a chance to be featured! This recipe was created by @Spinachdaddy, make sure to check out her Instagram page and follow along on her delicious and magical journey!
We’re creepin’ it real this Halloween season with these SPOOKtacular healthy and fun Halloween chia treats that are scary good! Not to mention, these devilishly delightful chia treats make for a BOOtiful display at your big Halloween Monster Bash!
Frankenstein Chia Pudding
This delicious and colorful chia pudding will keep your guests screaming with delight all through the dark night!
2/3 cup of Chia Seeds
3 cups of Chocolate Almond Milk
2 tsp Vanilla Extract
1 tsp organic Cinnamon
3 tbsp organic Agave or Honey
3 tbsp Green Matcha Powder
1 case of Fresh Blueberries
Directions: Blend all the ingredients together and refrigerate for at least 3 hours. Pour into a cup of your choice (use a clear glass to draw on your Frankenstein face for the ultimate treat) and top with fresh blueberries!
Chocolate Graveyard Chia Pudding
More like a Chia & Chocolate FLAVE-yard! These pudding cups are one of our most frightful favorites! Make your cups even spookier with a tombstone topping! 😉
2/3 cup of Chia Seeds
3 cups of Almond Milk
2 tsp Vanilla Extract
1 tsp organic Cinnamon
3 tbsp organic Agave or Honey
3 tbsp Green Matcha Powder (for color)
1 bag of cookies
1 bag of Milano’s (To use as the tombstones)
Directions: Blend all the ingredients together in a mixing bowl and refrigerate for at least 3 hours. Pour half of the chia seed pudding into a cup of your choice then layer with crumbled cookies and add your last layer of Chia Seed Pudding on top! Then sprinkle the rest of the crumbles to bury your yummy chia pudding and mark the grave with an RIP Milano cookie tombstone!
We hope you enjoy these healthy, spooky and fun Halloween chia treats! Make sure to tag us in all of your chia recipes. We love to see and help create the magic!
Mamma Chia – Home of the organic chia products, Mamma Chia makes energy drinks, granola, chia squeezables, and plain chia to add to an array of foods. We love adding these seeds … Read more…
No need to seek out this fall favorite from your local coffee shop – we’ve put together this sinfully easy and nutritious Chia Pumpkin Muffin recipe to make your mornings extra yummy and seasonably on-brand! These deliciously-soft and ultra-flavorful Chia Pumpkin Muffins are the absolute perfect way to start each autumn day. Best of all, clean up is a breeze! It’s time to embrace the fall and get to baking!
1 tbsp Mamma Chia Organic Chia Seeds
1 1/2 cup white flour
2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 can organic Pumpkin Puree
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1/2 cup agave nectar
1 tbsp vanilla
1/2 cup walnuts (optional)
Preheat oven to 350 F. Mix all the dry ingredients together in a bowl. In a separate bowl, mix all the wet ingredients. Transfer the wet ingredients into the dry bowl ingredients and mix together! Add in walnuts (optional) if you like and continue mixing. Spoon into muffin tins (either with paper muffin liners or greased) and bake for 25 minutes! Remove from heat and then ENJOY the fall flavors!
School is officially back in session and there’s no better time to start packing some nutrient-rich, nourishing snacks for your little ones! Juggling schedules can get a little bit hectic, so we put together some of these delightfully simple, wonderfully delicious and easy-to-prep snack ideas and recipes for healthy lunch box treats your kids will absolutely adore!
1. Mamma Chia Organic Chia Squeeze make for the perfect healthy, on-the-go Vitality Snack option for all ages! Each nutrient-rich Chia Squeeze is packed with organic fruits, veggies and, most importantly, chia! Our Organic Chia Squeeze come in 6 delicious flavors that will be sure to suit your every taste bud!
2. Another fun way to enjoy our Organic Chia Squeeze is by using them as a topping for crackers! The Crackers + Chia Squeeze combo is a pairing that everyone is sure to love! Layer your favorite crackers with any of our Organic Chia Squeeze and enjoy!
3. Another yummy and nutrient-packed snack that requires just a little bit of prep is our Apple Chiaslider! Cut up an organic apple of your choice into thin slices, layer with your favorite peanut butter and add some nutritious crunch with our Organic Chia Granola Clusters! Stack these dressed-up slices all together to create this delightfully tasty (and photogenic) Chiaslider snack! (@thenakedbroccoli)
If you’re looking to surprise and delight with a unique snack option, these No Bake Chia Jam Balls are wonderfully nutritious, delicious and take no time at all to create! The base is made with just 4 key ingredients that will BOOST your energy for the afternoon. Oats for fiber to keep you full, chia jam for that extra tastiness plus healthy nutrients, crunchy peanut butter for more healthy fats and the stickiness to hold the balls together!
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 3 tablespoons raspberry chia jam
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup Crunchy peanut butter
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine oats, Raspberry Chia Jam, and salt. Add Peanut Butter and mix well to combine.
- Form the mixture into 1-inch balls, pressing the mixture together in the palm of your hand. Repeat until all the oat mixture is rolled into balls. Freeze for at least 20 minutes or overnight. Pack and enjoy!
4. Lucky Charms Chia pudding is always a crowd pleaser for all ages and is a quick and easy snack to prepare!
2 cups almond milk
1/2 cup chia seeds
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup honey, or sweetener and amount of choice
1/4 tsp cinnamon (optional)
1 chocolate bar
Lucky Charms cereal
Directions: Stir the almond milk, chia seeds, vanilla extract, honey and cinnamon all together in a bowl, then set the bowl in the fridge for a couple of hours. Once the chia pudding is ready, pour into a desired jar and top with some Lucky Charms, fresh raspberries and a drizzle of melted chocolate!
We hope you and your little ones enjoy all of these delicious chia-powered recipes that are ready to boost any packed school lunch or after school snack!
Shop our online store now and save on your favorite chia snacks with code LOVE15: www.shopmammachia.com
Including enough fiber in your diet is crucial for healthy living and we at Mamma Chia are all about staying healthy! A quick refresher: fiber is a carb found in plant-based foods (like chia seeds) and consuming fiber can help you feel fuller for longer!
Here are 3 easy ways to incorporate fiber into your daily diet using chia!
- Organic Chia Beverages & Chia Energy Beverages are a delicious and refreshing way to add fiber to your daily routine. Each 10oz bottle contains 6g of fiber which equals to 24% of the daily recommended value! Feel refreshed, revitalized and “fiber-fied” with just one tasty Chia Beverage bottle!
2. Mamma Chia Organic Chia Squeeze is the ultimate on-the-go fiber source! Each pouch contains 4g of fiber making it the perfect snack for those on the move!
3. Another easy way to soak up the benefits of Chia Seeds is to just add water! In just one serving (1 tablespoon) of chia seeds, there are 4g of fiber! You can easily create your own fiber-packed refreshment in the comfort of your own home!
Recipe for Chia Water:
- 2 cups of water or coconut water
- 1.5 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 tbsp. fresh lemon or lime juice to taste!
Be sure to grab one of our many delicious Organic Chia Beverages, Chia Energy Beverages, Chia Squeeze or Chia Seeds today and start incorporating fiber into your daily diet the simple and delightful way! 🙂
We invite you to use the code FIBER20 to receive 20% off your entire order of any of our Organic Chia Squeezes, Chia Granola Clusters and Chia Seeds at www.shopmammachia.com!
No Summer Day is complete without a yummy frozen treat! If you’re trying to beat the heat and searching for a refreshing spin on the classic popsicle, look no further than these ice-cold Mamma Chia Summer Chia-Pops! Not only are they incredibly delicious, they’re also a great way to add more Omega-3, fiber and antioxidants to your day through the Magic of Chia®! Best of all, they’re so simple to craft at home! These homemade Chia-Pops taste just as good as they look… and they’re ridiculously good-looking! Check out the recipe below and enjoy!
- 1 Vanilla – organic Honey Yogurt
- 1 organic Mamma Chia Squeeze (we recommend Wild Raspberry or Blackberry Bliss)
- Spirulina for the blue coloring
- Dragon fruit Pitaya powder for pink coloring
Step 1) Mix and Swirl the yogurt and Mamma Chia organic Chia Squeeze together in a bowl
Step 2) Drizzle in some spirulina or dragon fruit Pitaya powder for coloring
Step 3) Pour the colorful mixture into individual popsicle molds
Step 4) Freeze for about 6+ hours. We recommend overnight for the best results!
Step 5) Enjoy while you soak up the sun!
Save on your favorite Chia Squeezes for your Mamma Chia Summer Chia-Pops today by using promo code POP20 for 20% off your entire online order at www.shopmammachia.com.
Make sure to snap some photos of your magical creations and tag us! #SeedYourSoul
Did someone say cupcakes?? What about these sweet, crunchy and healthy chia chocolate and peanut butter cupcakes!! These delicious little beauties are perfect to whip up and take to your next party or simply enjoy for yourself, because at the end of a long day, a sweet treat with Mamma Chia is ALWAYS a good idea! Enjoy!
1 cup spelt flour
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 cup coconut sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
3/4 cup almond milk
2 tbsp sunflower oil
1 tbsp applesauce
1/2 Mamma Chia Wild Raspberry Chia Squeeze
1 tbsp NuttZo Peanut Pro
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
1/2 cup Nuttzo Peanut Pro
Top with Mamma Chia Granola Clusters
- Mix dry ingredients in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix almond milk, oil, applesauce, NuttZo, and apple cider vinegar.
- Add wet to dry and mix well
- Fill mini muffin tin liners 3/4 of the way full
- Bake at 350 for 10 to 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, melt 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips and add to 1/2 cup Nuttzo Peanut Pro
- Spread cooled cupcakes with frosting and decorate with Mamma Chia Vanilla Clusters and cacao nibs
It’s summertime and the living’s easy! What better way to both unwind and revitalize than with a delicious summertime, chia-infused cocktail? Are you ready to get shaking, stirring and mixing? Each recipe adds a unique, chia-riffic spin to the traditional cocktail ingredients. In addition to adding essences of lemon, lime or mint, all are infused with the Magic of Chia®! These four chia cocktails are just what you need to thrive this summer!
Note: All recipes are crafted for a 8 oz glass.
TIP: Frozen Mamma Chia ice cubes prevent diluting these delicious cocktails! Heart shapes are our go-to!
- Blueberry Pomegranate Chia-jito
There’s a reason why classic cocktail recipes are considered the classics; they’re timelessly enjoyed! A refreshing take on the traditional Mojito, this Chia-jito combines mint leaves and limes muddled with fresh blueberries and our Mamma Chia Blueberry Pomegranate Chia Beverage, mixed with your choice of white rum.
- 1 Mamma Chia Blueberry Pomegranate Chia Beverage
- 1/4 cup of white rum
- Fresh organic blueberries
- Fresh mint leaves
- 1 sliced lime
- Ice cubes
Add 1 slice lime, 5 mint leaves, 5 blueberries in a 8 oz glass and muddle. Pour in Mamma Chia Blueberry Pomegranate Chia Beverage and rum. Garnish with blueberries, mint, lime and ENJOY!
- Strawberry Lemonade Chia-rita
Add a little sabor y alegría to your summer with a delicious Strawberry Lemonade Chia-rita! With a little ice, your favorite tequila and our revitalizing Strawberry Lemonade Chia Beverage, the Chia-rita is the perfect complement to a warm summer day! The colorful combination of flavors comes to life with every sip! ¡Salud!
- 1 Mamma Chia Strawberry Lemonade Chia Beverage
- 1/4 cup tequila
- 2 tablespoons of simple syrup
- fresh strawberries
- 1 sliced lemon
- Ice cubes
Add Mamma Chia Strawberry Lemonade Chia Beverage, tequila, simple syrup and ice in a shaker and shake. Pour in a glass and garnish with lemon and fresh strawberries and ENJOY!
- Raspberry Passion Chia-politan
Pinkies up! It’s time to jazz up the go-to cosmo with our delicious and nutritious Raspberry Passion Chia Beverage! Fresh raspberries and mint leaves pair incredibly with vodka in this delightful cocktail. The libation itself is just as delicious as it is beautiful – which only adds to the fun!
- 1 Mamma Chia Raspberry Passion Chia Beverage
- 1/4 cup vodka
- Fresh raspberries
- Fresh mint leaves
- 1 sliced lime
Add Mamma Chia Raspberry Passion Chia Beverage and vodka in a shaker and shake. Pour in a glass and garnish with fresh raspberries and mint leaves and ENJOY!
- Blackberry Hibiscus Chia-Tini
Shaken or stirred; either will do because we adore this Blackberry Hibiscus Chia-tini! Made with the freshest organic ingredients, this remix is a bit sassy, but always classy! Our Mamma Chia Blackberry Hibiscus Chia-tini infuses fresh mint and blackberries with vodka to create a delicious and sophisticated beverage!
- 1 Mamma Chia Blackberry Hibiscus Chia Beverage
- 1/4 cup vodka
- Fresh blackberries
- Fresh mint leaves
Add Mamma Chia Blackberry Hibiscus Chia Beverage and vodka into a cocktail shaker and shake it up! Pour into a cocktail glass and garnish with fresh blackberries and mint leaves and ENJOY!
We hope our signature Mamma Chia Summer Cocktails surprise, delight and make your summer all the more magical! Make sure to tag us in all of your #MammaChia creations!
Chia Squeeze by Mamma Chia – these organic chia squeeze packets by Mamma Chia are a great way to get your chia seed fix with minimal effort. A known superfood, chia seeds are rich in fiber, omega-3… Read more…
Subtle changes in the packaging design can offer powerful results. Most obviously, Mamma Chia expands brand recognition by enlarging its logo and the delicious-sounding flavor, “Blackberry Hibiscus.” The company also made… Read more…
Consumers’ desire for more energy will be a constant in the functional beverage category: but the traditional energy drink space is ripe for disruption, says Mamma Chia founder and CEO Janie Hoffman. Read more…
The most MAGICAL day of the year is almost here — National Chia Day! In 2016, Mamma Chia officially designated March 23rd as National Chia Day with the registrar of National Day Calendar! Now observed for its third year, this day recognizes the tiny, yet powerful chia seed that has earned its reputation as being one of the MOST nutrient-rich foods on the planet! Revered by the Maya and Aztecs for their amazing healing powers and natural energy, chia seeds have become a trusted staple for people around the world and can be enjoyed in many foods and beverages!
March 23rd is an extra magical date – not only is it National Chia Day, but it also wonderfully marks National Puppy Day! We at Mamma Chia couldn’t think of a more perfect way to mark the dual occasion than by partnering with our friends and neighbors at Rancho Coastal Humane Society! We are excited to announce the first ever Mamma Chia Pet Adoption Week presented by Rancho Coastal Humane Society, that will begin on March 23rd and last through the end of the month!
We will be donating $100 worth of chia beverages and snacks to every delightful family and soul who adopts a pet from RCHS over the week!
Mamma Chia will be also on site at RCHS on National Chia Day spreading the Mamma Chia Magic to our community and hopeful adopters, as well as treating all fur friends to some freshly baked chia dog treats!
Chia Dog Treat Recipe:
PEANUT BUTTER & PUMPKIN DOG TREATS
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 30 mins
Total time: 40 mins
*Note: Make sure the Peanut Butter is xylitol free as xylitol is toxic to dogs!*
Your dog will love this super easy recipe for chia doggie treats.
- 1/4 cup of creamy peanut butter (Unsalted & xylitol free)
- 1 cup of pumpkin puree
- 2 eggs
- 2 T chia seeds
- 3 cups of whole wheat flour
- In a stand mixer, combine the peanut butter and pumpkin puree. Scrape down bowl sides.
- Add eggs and beat.
- Add chia seeds and 2 1/2 cups of flour. Mix until combined. Add remaining flour by 1Ž4 cups until the mixture is good for rolling out (forms a nice ball that is not too sticky and doesn’t crumble apart).
- Roll dough out to 1/4 inch thick, cut with cookie cutter of choice.
- Bake in 350-degree oven for 20-30 minutes until slightly browned and as crispy as you (or your pup) like.
About the Rancho Coastal Humane Society:
Rancho Coastal Humane Society (RCHS) was formed in 1960 by a group of hardworking volunteers, led by animal lover Maria K. Lloyd. The goal was and continues to be to care for the homeless animal population of San Diego County and to educate the public about pet overpopulation and responsible companion animal care. In the nearly 58 years since its inception, RCHS has grown from a small facility run by volunteers to a professionally managed humane society that provides quality shelter care, adoption services, education programs and an animal safehouse program for the survivors of domestic violence.
One of RCHS’ main goals is the adoption of animals to permanent, loving homes. After finding the perfect match, RCHS helps prospective adopters learn about health care, nutrition requirements, grooming, exercise, responsible pet ownership, socialization and the importance of the human/animal bond.
The Rancho Coastal Humane Society is a non-profit, 501(c)3, charitable organization. They are not tax supported, nor funded by any government agency. Please consider making a donation today!
Take a look at the current list of adoptable pets by Clicking Here. Many of the animals listed have explanations of their personalities, including how they react to cats and children, and what kinds of activities make them happiest.
Keep in mind that adopting a pet is a big decision. Dogs and cats are living beings who require a lot of time, money, and commitment–over 15 years’ worth in many cases. Pet ownership can be incredibly rewarding, but only if you think through your decision before you adopt a companion.
Please note: In order to potentially adopt and interact with an animal, you must be present at the shelter with a completed pre-adoption application submitted to the front desk no later than 4:30 pm.
We are absolutely thrilled to celebrate National Chia Day at Rancho Coastal Humane Society this Friday, March 23rd and we can’t wait to see you there! If you are unable to attend, there are plenty of other ways to commemorate the day by adding chia to every meal and making sure to post on social media using #ItsChiaDay2018! Or, post a picture showing your puppy having some fun with chia using #ChiaAndPuppies. For every #, we’ll donate $1 to RCHS! You can also find out how to support Rancho Coastal Humane Society by visiting here: https://rchumanesociety.org/give/donate/
Mamma Chia, National Chia Day founder and creator of the original chia beverage, is celebrating National Chia Day on March 23 with a new release of its Clean Energy Beverages. The energizing beverages combine the plant-based nutritional powerhouse of organic chia with clean caffeine from organic yerba mate and organic green coffee bean. Read more…
Spring is the time of rebirth. And for many of the beverage brands exhibiting at Natural Products Expo West 2018 in Anaheim this week, it’s a time for rebranding. Mamma Chia’s core line of organic chia drinks will sport a new label design this year. Read more…
“Janie Hoffman’s original vision was for her company to be a platform brand to share the health benefits of chia seeds with others. She founded Mamma Chia, the first organic, chia-based food and beverage company, and was faced with the decision about which product to launch first. Read more.
Mamma Chia was founded in San Diego and to this day SD still remains our wonderful home! We’ve had a blast recently exploring our very own backyard and to our delight we’ve discovered some beautiful, Instagram-worthy murals along the way! So much so that we wanted to share our top 10 with you! So, whether you’re a fellow San Diegan or need to make plans to visit soon, pack your cameras and check out some of the best backdrops San Diego has to offer!
1. Greetings from San Diego Mural (4223 30thSt, San Diego, CA 9104)
2. Rainbow Wall (2004 University Ave, San Diego, CA 92104)
3. Floral Wall Art (377 Carlsbad Village Dr, Carlsbad, CA 92008)
4. Rainbow Tiger Mural (2906 Carlsbad Blvd, Carlsbad, CA 92008)
5. You Are Radiant (3803 Ray St, San Diego, CA 92104)
6. Chronic Smoothies, Blazin Grill (865 Turquoise St, San Diego, CA 92109)
7. Favorite Color Wall Mural (7596 Eads Ave, La Jolla, CA 92037)
8. Old Town Historic Park (4002 Wallace St, San Diego, CA 92110)
9. Copa Vida Coffee Shop (5600 Avenida Encinas, Carlsbad, CA 92008)
10. Mamma Chia HQ (5205 Avenida Encinas, Suite E, Carlsbad 92008) – Come visit us!
Make sure to bring along your favorite Mamma Chia Beverage or Chia Squeeze to fuel your San Diego wanderings! They also make a great prop! 😉
Don’t forget to tag us in all your #MammaChia photos!
Janie Hoffman, Mamma Chia CEO and founder, shares her thoughts on how to stay true to her mission. “‘Consumers vote with their dollars. They want to support like-minded businesses they can trust.” Read more.
A delightfully simple way to add the benefits of chia into your diet is to start with the most important meal of the day: breakfast! Here are 5 everyday breakfasts that you’ll LOVE adding our organic chia seeds to!
- Smoothies: Smoothies are a favorite go-to breakfast option, especially for those on the go! For starters, they’re quick, easy and, most importantly, portable. It’s almost impossible for a smoothie to not taste great and you can get as creative as you like when adding your favorite fruits & veggies! But if you really want to jazz up the nutrition, add in some chia seeds for an instant nutrient-rich boost! So if you’re a smoothie drinker like us, we recommend adding in some of our organic Chia Seeds to add in that extra nutritional boost, we are sure it won’t disappoint!
- Oatmeal: Oatmeal is an undeniable breakfast staple. Quick, easy to make and never ceases to make you feel warm and fuzzy inside! Try adding some of Organic Chia Granola Clusters as a topping along with sliced fruit for that extra health factor and a little bit of a yummy crunch. You won’t regret it! 🙂
- Pancakes: Is It just us, or does the mere mention of the word ‘pancake’ send your taste buds into a panicked frenzy? Nothing beats the satisfaction of hot pancakes in the morning! For a guilt-free twist on a classic, our organic Chia Squeezes make a delicious replacement for maple syrup. No added sugar, just organic fruit and veggie puree that tastes amazing! It’s a MUST try!
- Muffins: We can’t think of any better way to get the day started then with the aroma of fresh muffins baking in the oven. That’s what pure happiness feels like! Adding organic chia seeds to the ingredient list won’t affect any of the flavor or fragrance, but it will certainly (and subtly) up the nutrition factor!
- Avocado Toast: Where has it been all our lives?! Some think of it as a luxury, but we just think it’s delicious (and easy to boot). Avo-toast might be a new concept (somehow) but we know it’s surely here to stay, it’s just that tasty! To give it a fancy twist, sprinkle organic chia seeds on top and make that nutrition premium!
You can purchase all of our Organic Chia Seeds, Chia Squeeze and Chia Granola Clusters here at ShopMammaChia.com. Use code LOVE15 to get 15% off your entire order!
Make sure to share all your magical Chia recipes with us using the tag #MammaChia on social media!
Find ways to make healthy drinks better for the environment. Healthy drinks that provide functional beverages is one of the fastest-growing categories. These types of beverages naturally align with environmental stewardship, conservation and human health. Coming from an environmental background, this is the space where I have seen some of the greatest potential. Read more.
Squeezy does it! Mamma Chia’s organic squeeze is packed with Omega-3, protein and fiber, making it ideal fuel for hungry travellers. The chia seeds are infused with delicious fruits and vegetables… Read more.
All things pumpkin, please! Pumpkin pie is the crown jewel of any Holiday meal for a reason; the aroma and taste wonderfully combine for the perfect blend of Fall flavors and childhood memories.
To help celebrate this iconic Holiday staple, we’ve created our own delicious organic pumpkin pie recipe complete with a Mamma Chia Granola Cluster pie crust! Delightfully rich and smooth, it’s sure to be a hit at all Grateful Gatherings!
So get that oven ready and tell your friends to save some room for dessert as we share the magic of our Mamma Chia Pumpkin Pie! Don’t forget to invite us over!
- 1 1/2 cups Mamma Chia Organic Vanilla Almond Granola Clusters – The Special Ingredient 😉
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 12oz Evaporated Milk
- 15oz Organic Canned Pumpkin Pie Puree
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon Round Cloves
- 2 Cups Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 6 Tablespoons Butter
- 2 Large Eggs
Every Pumpkin pie starts with a fabulous pie crust!
1 1/2 cups finely ground Mamma Chia Vanilla Almond Granola Clusters
6 tablespoons melted butter
1/3 cup sugar
Take 1 1/2 cups of Mamma Chia Vanilla Almond Granola Clusters and ground in food processor until it is as fine as possible.
Mix the sugar and melted butter until all is combined evenly and press into a 9-inch pie plate.
Bake in oven at 375 degrees for 7 minutes. Take out and set aside to cool.
PUMPKIN PIE FILLING
3/4 cups granulated sugar
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp ground cloves
2 large eggs
1 can organic pumpkin pie puree
1 12-oz can of evaporated milk
Reduce your oven temperature from 375 degrees to 350 degrees.
In a small bowl, mix the sugar, cinnamon, salt, ginger, and cloves. Set aside.
In a large bowl, beat 2 large eggs. Then, stir in the pumpkin puree, followed by the sugar and spice mixture from the small bowl.
Gradually add in the evaporated milk while mixing and mix well until all is combined evenly.
Pour pumpkin pie mixture into previously made pie shell.
Bake pie at 350 degrees for 40 to 50 minutes until a knife can be inserted and come out clean. Let cool and serve room temperature or slightly warm. Add to your Instagram story and enjoy your homemade Mamma Chia Pumpkin Pie!
From our kitchen to yours, enjoy our Mamma Chia Pumpkin Pie Recipe!
Wishing you all a magical Holiday season! <3
A quality nosh that also pays it forward? These companies give a whole new meaning to smart snacking. Mamma Chia offers high quality, organic chia-based foods that are both healthy and help towards sustainability. Mamma Chia is a member of 1% For the Planet and a founding member of Slow Money. Read more.
Khloé Kardashian is not letting hunger in between meals get the best of her. The Keeping Up with the Kardashians star says it’s not always easy to choose the perfect snack, but she’s developed an arsenal of her go-to picks when hunger strikes.
We love handmade! We love small businesses too, especially ones that make awesome all natural products.
Torii, from Soaps By Torii, shared with us how she makes her soap and added a Mamma Chia twist. She uses all natural ingredients: non-GMO, organic, and locally sourced when possible!
Since it’s spring, I wanted to create a scent that was light and warm. Incorporating lime essential oil into the mix and using Chia as the exfoliant, I ended up with a soap inspired by Cherry Lime Vitality!!
First, I melted all of my oils and Shea butter on the stove top. I use stainless bowls, as to not crack the bowl when it heats up.
After everything is heated I let both bowls cool to about 100-120 degrees and try to keep them within a 20 degree range of each other. I then mix them together using a stick blender or emulisifier.
They reach a consistency which is called “trace” that is pretty close to pudding. I then add my add-ins such as color (clay in this instance), scent(essential oils), and of course some Mamma Chia Seeds!
Mix some more and pour into a parchment paper lined mold. Beginners can use a clean shoe box lined. Sprinkle chia seeds on top while it’s still wet. Let sit 24hrs. Remove from mold. Slice. Let sliced bars “cure” for at least three weeks before using. This time allows the ph of the soap to lower and slightly dehydrates the soap for a harder bar that lasts longer.
Share your soap with friends and loved ones! It’s the perfect edition to an Easter basket or spring shower gift. You can find Torii’s soap on Instagram here @soapbytorii
The buns are out and the sweet potato rounds are in. Say NO to the grains and dairy this spring! Why?
Because, spring means summer is just around the corner, and so are the shorts and swim suits. Not only will cutting out of grains and dairy from most (if not all) of your meals, means a healthier inside too and that’s what matters most! Let’s keep our bods feeling good, because we deserve to be our best.
You don’t have to give up taste and texture when you eliminate certain foods from your diet or mea, you’re simply expanding your pallet. Sophistication and all that jazz! We opted for organic grass fed Bison instead of Cow, as its a leaner protein, and subbed our cheese for grilled artichoke and topped this burger with spicy BBQ Sauce.
So this weekend force spring upon yourselves and uncover that grill!
Organic Grass Fed Bison (find it at Costco)
Artichoke hearts (find these at Sprouts, Trader Joes, and Whole Foods)
Sweet Potatoes (Or jeweled yams)
(You can also top this with avocado or Guacamole.. Oh the things you think about later)
Cut the sweet potatoes in disks
Toss them around in some avocado oil, sea salt, and pepper
*These take about 3-4 minutes on each side. Keep your eye on them!
Season your Bison
*Cook until 140F (about 5 minutes each side.)
Throw on your artichokes and onions grill
Assemble your burger and enjoy!
HIP HIP HOORAY FOR FRI-YAY!!!
Living for the weekend right? That moment we all have when you realize you have a few days to do whatever you want; no meetings, no conference calls, just pure unadulterated weekend vibes.
Let’s face it, all week long we look for ways to remind ourselves of the good stuff only weekends can provide.
One thing’s certain anytime we sip or squeeze a Mamma Chia during our work day, there’s that instant sensation of weekend bliss. It’s a mini inner-body-parts-reviv-acation we wish would last all day, and so desperately need.
So with tomorrow being Fri-yay, we’ve come up with three ways you can weekend all week and make your actual weekends count.
1. Don’t Sleep In
Studies show you can’t actually catch up on the sleep you miss, and waking up late on those weekend days messes with you when good ol’ Monday roles around.
Instead SLOW DOWN. Don’t be in such a hurry to get out the door. Have some morning coffee while staying in your pajamas a little bit longer.
*Tip: Diffuse lavender essential oils, or tuck dried lavender filled pouches in your pillow. Lavender helps you sleep so you’ll wake up feeling like everyday isn’t Monday!
No slumping into the couch all weekend. Many of us have jobs that cause us to be sedentary for a good portion of our day.
We are free spirits, our bodies are truly healthiest when they reflect that.
There are so many outlets available and they don’t have to cost a lot either! Find a free class, or snag that Groupon, or YouTube it. Whatever you do just find yourself a space and stretch out your body.
* Keep your body whole keep your mind present. Share your favorite yoga poses with us. #mammachia
You work your butt off! Rewarding ourselves with positive thoughts, energy, and the occasional gift is so important in generating a constant light around ourselves.
Don’t let a reward be self-destructive the way a two-for-one happy hour can be, or a cheat meal full of processed food satisfying something emotional that ends up making you feel bloated.
A reward can be enjoying good company, buying yourself flowers, taking that weekend trek to somewhere new and exciting. Reward your hard work and be lighter for it!
A few of our reward wants:
Candle (available on Pigment)
and pick yourself up a couple bring them home, name them, and put them in one of these Mint Pots
Lastly, everyone needs water. Pick yourself up a Swell Bottle, because you deserve to be hydrating in style.
Mamma Chia Wild Blueberry Clusters “I’d never had gluten-free granola before tasting Mamma Chia’s, but this has such a wonderful, crunchy texture. It doesn’t have a hint of blueberry—it really tastes like blueberries, and I love that. I had to stop myself from eating the entire bag.” Read more…
These Are the Absolute Best Snacks You Can Buy Right Now! Tastiest Low-Cal Snack: Mamma Chia Blackberry Bliss Chia Squeeze. Don’t be fooled by the kiddie squeeze pouch. You get a pop of real blackberries, and chia seeds are a nutritional powerhouse that delivers… Read more…
There comes a moment when our hearts scream for chocolate. Our minds tell us no, stay away from the sugar packed, processed, artificial deliciousness that is most chocolate candies and treats. We have the solution! Not only is this recipe so easy to make, but it literally will take you ten minutes. Time is of the essence when it comes to consuming chocolate, there is literally no time to waste. So here they are! Our “Too Good To Be Two Ingredient (or vegan) Chocolate Truffles.”
What You Need
1 Cup + 4 Tablespoons Vegan Chocolate
1 Cup Organic Almond Milk (or coconut)
*For our topping we used raw slivered almonds. You can use really anything. Some other options are cocoa powder, powdered sugar, sesame seeds, other sorts of crushed nuts, etc.
For The Filling
Simply chop chocolate
Heat up the almond (or coconut) milk
Pour over chocolate
Chill (or don’t chill and sit and eat it with a spoon, no one says you have to finish these.)
For The Coating
While the filling chill melt straight chocolate in a double boiler
Once they are chilled scoop them and roll into small balls
Dip them into a the melted chocolate and roll around in the almonds
Too good to be just a blueberry smoothie!
You’ll love this bit of purple and red magic to seed your soul. Perfect for mornings or as a snack!
For The Smoothie:
2 Large Handfuls of Frozen or Fresh Blueberries
1 Large Handfuls of Frozen or Fresh Raspberries
2 Ripe Bananas(Use frozen for extra texture)
*Try using half an avocado or frozen mango instead of banana
1/2 cup Organic Apple Sauce
Handful of Ice
1/4 Cup Organic Almond Milk
Blend until you’ve got the blues!
Layer it up!
Create a base with Mamma Chia Vitality Granola
Pour that blues smooth smoothie in
Follow with another layer of granola and pack the top with fresh fruit
Option: add Mamma Chia organic Chia Seed and organic shelled hempseed to the top
NOW EAT IT!
Blackberries are a true super-food, they carry a number of benefits that can reduce intestinal inflammation and protect the body. Many of the micronutrients present in blackberries have antioxidant activity that works to help nuetralize “free radicals,” which can damage the cells and are a major source of disease and aging.
Mamma Chia is always looking for ways to Seed The Soul, and utilize our products and the whole super food ingredients we jam into each one of them. So grab a cup of blackberries, have them as a snack or toss them in your favorite chia breakfast bowl.
To take it one step further, we are giving you a quick easy salad recipe that incorporates our Vitality Blackberry Bliss Squeeze, and fresh Blackberries. Give this recipe a try and make sure to share yours with us!
Organic Roasted Pistachios
Organic Dried Figs
Organic Mamma Chia Seeds
*Optional Goat Cheese
1⁄2 Blackberry Bliss Squeeze
1⁄2 Cup Balsamic Vinegar
1⁄2 Cup Cherry Preserves
1⁄4 Cup Red Wine Vinegar
1 Cup Olive Oil
Dash Pink Himalayan Salt
Dash of Pepper
Make the salad. You got this on dial. Slice those figs, toss on the blackberries, chia seeds, pistachios, and crumble the goat cheese.
For the Dressing
In a medium saucepan on medium high heat add vinegar, until boiling then simmer till reduced by half. (You’re making a reduction) Add preserves and cook 1 minute. Remove from heat and cool to room temperature. Whisk in red wine vinegar, Black Berry Blast Chia Squeeze, and then the olive oil. Season with salt & pepper.
*If you don’t have the time, or the motivation to make the dressing from scratch, this salad pairs well with any sort of balsamic dressing. Simply drizzle the squeeze directly onto the finished salad.
Mamma Chia is all about living a life full of Vitality. That means taking care of ourselves inside, and out. For our last January wellness post we’ve come up with a perfect at home clay mask that does just that.
Throughout history healing clays have been used by numerous cultures to help rid the body of toxins, as well as heal skin, leaving it looking smooth and bright. Mamma’s Mask uses Bentonite Clay, known to absorb and remove toxins, heavy metals, impurities, and chemicals. Bentonite Clay can also help irritation caused from eczema, psoriasis, chicken pox, insect bites, burns, and unwanted blemishes. It’s a unique clay due to its ability to produce an an electrical charge once it comes in contact with liquid. When the liquid is added, the electrical components in the clay change. This is what gives the Bentonite the ability to absorb toxins.
It’s like a science experiment you get to do on your face! So many masks you buy in stores contain this healing clay, or other clays like it. They also contain chemicals and additives our bodies really don’t need to get the job done!
4 Tbsp Braggs Organic Apple Cider Vinegar
5 Tbsp Bentonite Clay Powder (find it at most vitamin shoppes or online)
1-2 Drops Lavender Essential Oil
1-2 Drops Tea Tree Essential Oil
2 Tsp Organic Lemon Juice
*Optional: 2 tsp Raw Honey
Place your lemon juice and apple cider vinegar in one bowl, and your clay in a separate one.
Slowly pour the liquid into the bowl with the clay, as you simultaneously stir the mixture.
Add two to three drops of your lavender, and tea tree essential oils. (This is when you would add the honey.)
Mix until all ingredients are combined. (Make sure there are no clumps of clay that haven’t been mixed in well.)
Apply paste evenly across face. Leave on for about 30 minutes. (If you have sensitive skin, reduce the time to 15 minutes.) Mask should completely dry before removing.
*Do a patch test first for about 10-15 minutes. Even though these ingredients are great for us, everyone’s body reacts differently to different things.
To remove, simply use a wash cloth soaked in warm water. We recommend letting the wash cloth sit on your face for about a minute, giving the heat and moisture time to break apart the hard clay. Next, gently wipe away the mask. Rinse and repeat if needed. We suggest using this Mamma’s Facemask 1-2 times a week.
While 2017 is all about incorporating our mantras, January is all about wellness! This post is aimed at giving you examples of how to turn those mantras into actions. Our overall wellness should be a focal point in every aspect of our lives. From the foods we useto nourish our bodies, to the remedies we use to keep ourselves whole, to creating tidy spaces where we can manifest creativity, maintaining wellness throughout the year is imperative to our personal growth!
To continue with our ideas of being well and living by our mantras, we’ve put together a few ways for you to quickly reset your mind, body, and soul.
Revisit these all year-round, whenever you need to recenter yourself!
I Am Free From Clutter
“The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up” written by Marie Kondo was featured as number one on the New York Times best seller list. Throughout her book she walks readers through a step-by-step process of cleaning up their spaces. Use this mantra to declutter your life. Start simply by discarding unnecessary time wasters on your digital devices. Next, move onto your car, and end with the largest project, your home.
You’ll find with exhaling all we don’t need, we give ourselves space to inhale beauty, contentment, and productivity.
We are firm believers that a clear, well curated, space can help cultivate peace, and serenity, while providing a place to create and inspire ourselves and others.
*You can buy the book HERE
I Am Nourished
There are so many foods we could talk about here. Heck! We could do an entire year’s worth of posts, just on what each food does to nourish our soul, and feed our body. Chia is close to our heart, it’s the reason we love what we do. Any chance to share more about the benefits of these funky little seeds with you, is an opportunity we’ll jump at!
We love the powerful benefits of Chia! Chia seeds are among the most concentrated sources of calcium. In fact, they contain about three times more per ounce than skim milk! Each one of our Mamma Chia Vitality Beverages is jammed packed with a daily dose of Omega-3, 25% of our dietary fiber and 4 grams of complete protein!
Who better to turn to than our friends, who are already incorporating Mamma Chia Seeds into their daily diets.
Now you can too!!
Who said you had to eat a meal with a spoon or fork? Chia seed are a great addition to any healthy smoothie!
From Earthy Andy, Neapolitan Chia Partfait/Smoothie
California Country Gal used our Mango Coconut Chia Squeeze to make Grain Free Bread Pudding
A fan favorite of ours from Instagram @FromMyVeganKitchen shows us how three simple ingredients can turn into a delicious stack of Chia pancakes.
* We love to see how you are nourishing your bodies with the power of Chia! Make sure to tag us and use the hashtag #MammaChia and #MammaChiaMakes to share your recipes with us and the rest of the Mamma Chia family!
I Am Hydrated
Start your mornings off with a big dose of hydration by drinking a cup of hot water with a whole lot of lemon.
1. Lemon water helps rejuvenate dull skin.
2. Drinking lemon water aids in digestion, leaving your tummy feeling better, and you looking less bloated.
3. Lemon water has been known to boost your energy levels while giving you needed vitamin C.
Whether it’s boosting your immune system, or aiding in balancing your body’s PH levels, with water, there’s a little something for everyone!
Infusing your water with fruit is a simple yet effective way to assist in detoxing your body. Not to mention the added flavors make water way more exciting to drink! Chances are, you’ll not only enjoy making these pretty drinks but love the way they taste too!
I fill My Mind, Body, And Soul
In our last post of 2016, we talked about choosing mantras over resolutions. Dedicate time each day to evaluate yourself. A large focus for this year should be whether or not we are truly living our mantras, inviting in all they have to offer us.
Make 2017 and every year after, a year where you fulfill goals, and attract positivity into your life. Set time to keep filling in these bucket lists, as well as giving yourself time to reflect, and find ways to turn these mantras into actions.
Find, or set up, a quiet space to keep only for you and your soul. Spend time here each day, even if it’s only for a few minutes. Meditate on your mantras, and refocus if need be. Work hard with us this year to solidify your daily, weekly, monthly, and life long intentions. Sometimes, we need a simple reset, and a reminder of what we need to fill our mind, body, and soul.
Share with us how you are turning your mantras into actions! We might just share them in our next week’s blog!
Mamma Chia Organic Chia Squeeze: Chia seeds aren’t just for your health-crazed cousin anymore. These highly portable flavored pouches are packed with nutrients, and come in six delicious flavors including Mango Coconut, Strawberry Banana, and Blackberry Bliss. Read more… Read more…
Following decades of trying numerous regimens to try to get a handle on serious health issues, Mamma Chia founder Janie Hoffman was introduced to yet another superfood ancient grain: chia. The versatility of this little seed, packed with Omega-3s, antioxidants, fiber, protein, and calcium, makes it an easy addition to limitless foods and recipes. Read more… Read more…
Cold season, it’s not just about weather my friends. We all know the symptoms we do our best to avoid this time of year. The only way to do it would be to stay cooped up inside, binge watch Netflix, while living off shipments of Mamma Chia Vitality Granola, and Mamma Chia Seed Pudding. As amazing as this does sound, we must all face the world and their stuffy-nose-coughing-faces.
Have no fear Mamma Chian’s we are here to get you through all types of cold this season, and hopefully leave you feeling a bit better. To continue with our Winter Wellness we are making throat drops. Skip buying brands that contain artificial colors and additives we can’t pronounce. These not only taste better, but they’re better for you.
Minimal. Natural. The way an ingredient list should be.
1 cup tea
1 organic lemon (juiced)
1/2 cup manuka honey
1 tbsp cloves (optional)
First, make your tea. For these drops we went with straight Lavender and a Lemongrass Ginger (Earl Grey also works great). Feel free to choose any flavor. Do some research on what each tea can do for your body, and go from there!
Pour that cup of tea into your pot, and stick on the stove top.
* An option which we left out of ours would to be add cloves. The oils in cloves are known to help break down the “cold glue” (eww gunk) in the back of your throat, as well as kill germs.
Squeeze your lemon into the pot (we went with a whole lemon)
Pour in the manuka honey and watch the magic happen!
*Honey is a natural cough suppressant, as well as a great way to soothe the throat.
Allow to boil, strain anything you added, or may have missed (lemon seeds, who knew when you squeezed a lemon seeds came flying out. Note: squeeze lemon into a bowl first, strain seeds as you add it to the pot…)
You want this throat saving potion hot! Try to get the mixture up to 300 degrees. If you don’t have a candy thermometer just hanging out in your kitchen, use a glass of ice water. Drop a tiny bit of the mixture into the glass, if it solidifies, it’s ready.
Carefully spoon the mixture onto parchment paper.
Yours will be better circles than ours. Great thing is, you’re going to eat these, so if they aren’t perfect circles no need to worry. If you want your drops to be pretty, silicone molds work really well!
Let the drops harden (feel free to put these little guys in the freezer).
You did it!
Once hardened keep in a small jar, canvas bag, or up-cycled metal mint container.
Give these a try, tell us know what you think! We love hearing from you. If you have any other tips to make the cold season less cold share them with us! #MammaChia
Say no to the aches, coughs, and fevers this year! Mamma Chia is here to give you the extra boost and support needed during this cold and flu season, so you can get back to what you love doing most. We’ve put together three of our favorite wellness remedies to help keep you and your family, healthy and ready for adventure this winter! Save these recipes for use all year round as they’ll make a great addition to your daily wellness regimen.
Cold Symptom Relieving Tea
2 teaspoons organic sage
Juice of one organic lemon (or one teaspoon lemon balm herb)
Pinch cayenne pepper
1 tablespoon (15 ml) organic honey (preferably raw)
2 teaspoons of Mamma Chia Organic Chia Seeds
*To prepare the tea, pour one cup boiling water over sage and allow to steep for 10 minutes. Strain out herbs, add remaining ingredients, and drink hot.
Diffuser Congestion Blend
2 drops of Eucalyptus
2 drops of Lemon
3 drops of Peppermint
*Essential oils are a great way to make aromatherapy a part of your day-to-day regimen. Plus, there are truly astounding health benefits from using aromatherapy! Essential oils have the ability to boost energy levels, speed up healing, eliminate headaches, strengthen our immune systems, improve digestion, act as a cleaning agent, and purify air. Use this blend to help ease any congestion!
2 drops of lavender
2 drops of frankincense
4 drops of cedarwood or melaleuca
4 drops of wild orange
1 1/2 tbs Shea butter
1 1/2 tsp organic coconut oil
*Gently melt the Shea butter and coconut oil together. Remove from heat and stir in essential oils. Transfer to a container with a tight fitting lid. (A jar or Tupperware works fine)
We like to get our oils from these sites:
2017 is essentially here and with the New Year comes a whole list of resolutions! Resolutions can be daunting, truly limiting to our unconscious. Common resolutions people make are often intended to break a pattern, or accomplish something they feel will change their lives for the better. Truth is, 80% of those who make resolutions on January 1 will have given up by Valentine’s Day!
So this year, we’ve decided to skip the resolutions altogether! We have come up with two positive ways to set a tone of inspiration and creativity in 2017.
First pick a mantra. A mantra is a powerful word or phrase that creates meaning differently than a typical sentence. A mantra, when repeated over and over, affirms our belief in ourselves. We begin to allow its meaning to seep below the surface, into our subconscious, helping to shift our negative habits and patterns into positive ones. A mantra can have a significant impact on our lives!
What we think and speak shapes how we feel inside and how we see the world around us. Boost your confidence this year and allow yourself to highlight and focus in on trust, courage, love, creativity, success, confidence, balance, partnership & clarity. Use words that are clear and easy to remember. Begin each day by repeating your mantra out loud or silently to yourself. Allow the words to guide your daily intentions and be the driving force of positivity! Here are some examples:
*Seed Your Soul
*I am here to grow
*I choose calmness over anxiety
*I am strong and healthy
*I strive to improve
We also think a bucket list is more interesting than a list of resolutions as it inspires us to explore, create, and make time for growing as individuals! Whether it’s exploring a new place, or trying a new activity, this list can consist of items that are as simple as eating at a restaurant you’ve been driving by for years or visiting your family a little more often. Your list can grow through the year as new ideas manifest themselves. Enjoy the simplicity of it. Set time aside to allow yourself to check off the items on your bucket list instead of your resolutions list! Your bucket list is a group of things you should look forward to doing, a way of creating new memories and trying something new!
We made a few printable templates to get you started. Download them below, set forth and be inspired this year!!!
To wrap up our #chiaholiday, we asked artist and foodie Heather Fenner to
make us her favorite brunch! A painter, wife, and mom of three from Los Angeles, she knows
a few things about making a filling and well decorated Holiday Brunch! Oh, and it’s super yummy, too!
The Holidays are all about family, food and fun. Don’t you agree?!
For your holiday gathering you have to pull out all the stops, ring those bells and deck those halls!
This is why I love to make an amazing Christmas Morning Brunch! This year I’m making two versions of my famous overnight French toast bake.
One will be a paleo version, as many of us in my family are Paleo/Primal, and of course the traditional version, as well.
Hot apple cider and bottomless mimosas shall flow freely… especially the mimosas. Definitely the mimosas.
Wait. What was I talking about ?! Oh right, the Brunch!
One of my favorite egg dishes is a frittata. But when you have several hungry family members to feed, I love changing it up a bit.
I make the mix but add it to muffin tins instead! I actually double, sometimes even triple the recipe for my Mamma Chia Seed Frittata.
The best part about baking the recipe in muffin tins are all the left overs. They’re great when someone needs a quick snack.
I mean let’s face it, after all of those mimosas the only thing Mrs. Claus wants to cook is herself, in a nice hot bath, while sipping on her bottomless mimosa!
So here is my recipe for my Chia Seed Frittata Muffins which complement as a side to any Christmas Brunch!
3/4 cup shredded store bought organic hash browns
(If you make your own has browns) 3/4 cup shredded potato
4 whole organic eggs
4 egg whites or 3/4 cup of liquid store whites
1/4 cup organic cherry tomatoes diced
1/3 cup organic white or sweet onion diced
3 tbs organic canned green chilies
1/4 cup organic artichoke hearts diced
1/4 cup organic fresh cilantro finely chopped
2 tbs organic fresh chives finely chopped
1 cup organic pepper jack cheese shredded
1/4 cup organic feta cheese
3 tbs organic Mamma Chia Organic White Chia Seeds
- Preheat Oven to 350 Degrees
- Prepare the hash browns according to instructions – these will be added in the next step
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk eggs with egg whites. Add remaining ingredients; mix well to combine.
- Prepare a muffin tin with nonstick baking spray. Pour egg mixture evenly into cups.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until set. Remove from oven; set aside to cool for about 5 minutes
- Serve warm or place in the refrigerator for up to 5 days and serve for a quick breakfast or snack
*Pair with a Mamma Chia Vitality Drink Mimosa!
Simply mix together a desired amount of organic orange juice and your favorite
Mamma Chia Vitality Beverage in a flute glass. Pour over with champagne and enjoy!
We love when our products can be used in alternative ways! Our Chia Squeeze is no exception and is not only great for a grab-n-go snack, but, as you’ll see below, can be a great addition to some recipes!
California Country Gal’s Annabelle Lee is back to share a recipe that uses our Chia Squeeze in a new and unique way! Check out her recipe for a delicious Grain Free Bread Pudding that is a great breakfast or dessert for your holiday crowd!
“I love my Mamma Chia Squeeze Pouches for grab-and-go treats, but they also make great quick and easy sauces!”
- 1 loaf Rustic or Sandwich Bread made from California Country Mix
- 1/2 cup of your favorite nuts such as macadamias, walnuts or pecans
- 1 1/2 cups of your favorite fruit such as chopped apple, orange or blueberries
- 2 large eggs
- 2 1/2 cups coconut milk or heavy cream
- Sweetener to equal 1/2 cup sugar, I used erythritol/monk fruit blend
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1/3 teaspoon stevia
- 1 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- Cut the crusts off the bread, (dry them for bread crumbs or treat the crusts to your dogs!
- Cut the bread into 1/2 inch pieces (no need to dry the bread out)
- Coat an 8-inch square baking dish or 8-9-inch deep dish pie pan with butter
- Add the bread cubes, nuts and chopped fruit, toss lightly
- Whisk together the rest of the ingredients and carefully pour over the bread cubes
- Cover with plastic wrap and gently press down to submerge all the bread
- Let rest at least 2 hours on the counter (or up to 24 hours in the refrigerator
- Heat the oven to 350˚ and bake 40-50 minutes, until the top is brown and the center is set
- Serve warm with Chia Bourbon Sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 package of your favorite Chia Squeeze; I used Coconut Mango
- Your favorite sweetener, to taste. I used stevia drops
- 1-2 tablespoons bourbon (optional)
Melt the butter in a small saucepan and whisk in the rest of the ingredients.
Teas the season for homemade tea! Get ready to sooth some souls with your own seasonal blend. If you’ve been looking for a personal, last minute gift idea, this DIY is sure to bring much needed warmth to your holiday season!
Head down to your local spice shop, or pick up a few packages of your favorite organic loose leaf tea blends.
Tea is a great gift, especially during the chillier months. Not to mention it looks so pretty!
Experiment with your blends. Scout out different types of edible tea flowers and spices.
A few of our holiday favorites include peppermint, orange peel, cranberry and cinnamon.
We went with an invigorating three ingredient blend.
*Organic Vanilla Earl Grey
*Organic Dried Rose Petals
*Organic Crystalized Ginger
Mix all your ingredients in a bowl. Keep in mind, tea smells similar to the way it will taste. We chose a base tea and added accompanying flavors to create a unique blend with delightful aromas.
Once you’ve mixed up the perfect homemade tea, get creative with your packaging! Glass is a great way to display your colorful creations. You can also use brown paper lunch bags, or large tea bags. Wrap up in colorful yarn or twine and add a GIFT TAG!!
Additional Pairing Ideas
*Lavender, Hibiscus, and Vanilla
* Black tea (of your choice), Crystalized Orange Peel, Dried Orange Slices, Cinnamon, and Rainbow Black Pepper
*Dandelion Petals, Mint, and Dried Raspberry Leaves
*Lemon Verbena, Rooibos, Vanilla, and Dried Rose Petals
Tis the season for giving, but it’s also the time for practicing self care!
With so much time spent giving and thinking about others, it’s easy to be lead astray with our self love efforts.
This blog post is all about taking a few minutes (or thirty) to remind ourselves to Seed Our Souls!
We believe in order to love others me must surround ourselves with well-intended acts of self care.
What does it mean? How do we do it?
We must first be aware and then acknowledge ourselves and our self worth!
We’ve pulled together a fun and relaxing way for you to sneak in some you time during the busy holiday season.
What You Need:
*Various art supplies
Start by pulling your favorite books off the shelf! Poetry books, inspirational books, stories with passages you linger on, or head to the internet.
Choose two or three of your favorites. Don’t overthink this!!! Let the words speak to you! That might sound cliche but it’s true. When you find words that resonate with you, then write them down!
Contemplate. Re-read them a few times. Spend time with this step. Compare the concepts and images between the poems. What do the themes reveal about where you are in your life? What is speaking to you from within the poem? Stay open to any guidance you may receive.
Pick as many as you want, or need. Blend poems and songs together. Make this your own soul song. Once you have your collection of words, spend some time thinking about what they mean to you.
Now get to it!
Put your chosen words into art. Paint them, write them, stamp them on! There’s no wrong way to do this. Use the art supplies as a backdrop for your piece. Incorporate multiple mediums: water color, acrylics, paints. Have fun with this. This is your time to practice self-love.
Display your work. Let it serve as a reminder of all the great things you are and will become. Share it with others, inspire them to spend some time loving themselves, too!
We hope you take some time this holiday season to focus on yourself. With the new year fast approaching so many of us will set resolutions for ourselves. Seed Your Soul and focus on self care. Let this be the way we end this year and start the next.
Add a new tradition this season!
Replace your chill with chia on these frosty days. Seed your soul with rich and creamy, slightly spiced Hot Chia-colate. We promise one batch won’t be enough!! You’ll be making this warm chocolaty treat time and time again!
Grab your favorite mug, curl up with your favorites, and sip on a cup of Hot Chia Chocolate!
Did we mention that it’s super easy to make? Simply throw all the ingredients in your crock-pot and stir every hour. Wow! The easiest homemade hot chocolate (and the most delicious) that you’ve ever made!
The most amazing part is that you get all the benefits of the chia! Omega-3s, protein, fiber and more make this warm delight a bit more nutritious than your normal cocoa. So sip on my friends!
You Will Need:
*Organic Bittersweet Chocolate
* Organic Cocoa Powder
* Organic Mamma Chia Seeds
* Organic Cinnamon
* Organic Nutmeg
* Organic Chili Powder
* Organic Almond Milk
* 1 tbs organic cocoa powder
* 1/3 cup hot water
* 4 ounces chopped organic bittersweet chocolate
* 2 tbs Mamma Chia Organic Chia Seeds
* 2 sticks organic cinnamon
* 1/2 tsp organic cinnamon powder
* 1/8 tsp organic nutmeg
* 1/2 tsp organic chili powder (optional)
* 4 cups (1 quart) organic almond milk (2% or skim is also fine) * 1/2 cup organic marsh mellows (try to find ones without corn syrup)
*Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 2 hours
Total time: 2 hours 5 mins
Serves: 4-6 servings
* In a small bowl combine the hot water and the cocoa powder, stir until smooth.
* In the base of the slow cooker, add the bittersweet chocolate, cinnamon stick, cinnamon powder, nutmeg, almond milk, along with the cocoa powder mixture. Heat on low for 2 hours, stirring every 30 minutes or so.
* Serve warm with marshmallows, whipped cream, chocolate syrup, or chocolate shavings! Get creative!
There is one holiday treat that is almost better than sugar cookies. Cocktails! Chia Holiday Cocktails!
This year we said no to the same old holiday cocktail menu and yes to new creations that include chia! So we called up mixologist Andrew over at The Noble Experiment, one of California’s finest speakeasies, to help us craft three Mamma Chia inspired cocktails.
We promise they’ll make your season far brighter than any lights strung from the roof top!
One of the hardest bars to locate, you’ll find The Noble Experiment hidden in a San Diego Gaslamp Quarter restaurant called Neighborhood. Tucked behind a wall of beer kegs, the prohibition era bar is a secret known to many. Serving only pre-prohibition liquor, they spend their nights mixing up hand-crafted works of art for each patron in one of their 35 seats.
.75oz London Dry gin (preferably Beefeater)
.75oz Mamma Chia Raspberry Passion Chia Vitality Beverage
.75oz simple syrup ( 1:1 )
Crack of sea salt
Add gin, Raspberry Passion, simple syrup and lemon to tin. Shake with crushed ice.
Dump and top off with champagne and crushed ice.
Garnish with orchid and mint.
Estrelar was Andrew’s take on a classic French 75. Using Mamma Chia Raspberry
Passion added a nice fruit note and a wonderful texture to his champagne cocktail.
1.5oz Peruvian Pisco (preferably Encanto Moscatel)
1oz Mamma Chia Coconut Mango Chia Vitality Beverage
Crack of sea salt
Add all ingredients to tin, shake with ice and strain into glass over fresh ice.
Garnish with pineapple Franz, lime and a luxardo cherry.
Aguanile is fun cocktail that represents Christmas in SoCal.
It’s bright and citrusy with lots of tropical flavors.
1.5oz Goslings Bermuda rum
1.5oz almond milk (vanilla)
1oz creme de cacao
1 tsp Mamma Chia Organic Chia Seeds
2 dash of xocatle mole bitters (optional)
Add all ingredients to glass, stir with crushed ice. Garnish with cinnamon stick and star anise.
Salvia Hispanica is the Holiday banger. It’s a nice milky Mexican chocolate
spiced cocktail with soft notes of Bermuda rum.
All of these cocktails were intended to be fast, simple, vegan and easily replicated.
One of the best parts is that the ingredients can be found at most super markets!
Garland has become something we can use all year round. From birthday banners to wedding flair, it’s a great way to add a creative element to your home and event decor!
For this DIY we are stringing together a winter tree garland that you can leave up the entire season.
White with gold accents create a neutral, yet inviting color scheme that will pair well with your existing holiday decorations. It’s all about creating pieces you can use and reuse, time and time again!
You will need:
White and Gold acrylic paint
Thick cardboard or craft wood (You can find this at most craft stores)
Step One: Cut your cardboard or craft wood into 10 trees. Here is a stencil you can print: Free Tree Stencil
Step Two: Cut a slit up the bottom of five trees and a slit down the top of five trees.
For the five trees that have the slit on the top, punch two holes, this is where you will feed in your twine later.
Step Three: Paint your trees white
Step Four: Let it dry
Step Five: Brush your gold paint across each tree in various spots, there’s no wrong way to do this, so have fun!
Step Six: Add glitter (we love lots of glitter!)
Step Seven: Feed your twine & hang it up!
We’ve teamed up with California Country Gal to bring you a delicious holiday table favorite! Her company specializes in starch free, grain free bread mixes, and other auto-immune friendly treats.
Check out her website here: California Country Gal
I always make a ton of cranberry sauce for the holidays because it keeps well, takes minutes to make and is so easy to do there’s just no reason to buy canned. BUT when I’m a lazy gal, opening a can works here too. The raw (enzyme rich!) ingredients in this salad make it delightfully refreshing and even better the next day for breakfast.
CHIA CRANBERRY SALAD
Sweetener to equal 1 cup sugar. I used 1 cup erythritol
1 1/2 tablespoon organic gelatin or agar powder
1 cup organic cherry juice
1 thin skinned organic orange
2 cups fresh organic cranberries
1 1/2 cup organic whole cranberry sauce (homemade preferably)
1 cup organic sour cream
2-4 tablespoons port wine (optional)
1/2 cup diced organic celery
1/2 cup chopped organic walnuts
2 tablespoons Mamma Chia organic chia seeds
2/3 teaspoon organic cinnamon
½ teaspoon stevia or Pure Monk
- Line a jello mold or large bowl with plastic wrap or coat with mild tasting oil or cooking spray.
- In a small saucepan, stir together the erythritol and gelatin.
- Slowly stir in the cherry juice. Warm and stir over low heat until dissolved. Set aside to cool.
- Chop and de-seed the orange and put into your blender.
- Add half the cranberries to the blender.
- When the juice/gelatin mixture is cooled a bit, add to the blender and blend until the orange is in small pieces.
- Add the rest of the cranberries and pulse to chop, set aside.
- In a large bowl stir together the rest of the ingredients.
- Stir in the contents of the blender until well combined.
- Pour into the prepared bowl or mold and refrigerate until set, about 3 hours.
- Unmold and serve with sauce: 1/3 cup sour cream, zest and juice of one orange.
Fall is here which means sweets, savory meals, and celebrations. We’re getting full just thinking about it! It’s okay to indulge a little here and there, but don’t fall into poor eating habits this holiday season. We’ve got a fall infused agua fresca to keep you satisfied (and hydrated) with the flavors of the season without overindulging. Pair this easy recipe with our Pumpkin Powered Workout and keep your fitness and health goals in check until the New Year!
- Filtered water
- 1 Tbsp Mamma Chia Organic Chia Seeds
- 1 organic apple, chopped
- 1 organic pear, chopped
- 1 organic plum, chopped
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- Hydrate your tablespoon of chia seeds in a cup of room temperature water for about 10-15 minutes. This will help keep your chia seeds suspended in the beverage.
- Place the fruit and cinnamon into a large pitcher of ice water.
- Transfer the hydrated chia seeds into the pitcher and place infused water into the refrigerator.
- Let water chill for at least 2 hours. Feel free to add more water to the pitcher as it starts to get low.
As a result, some lightly sweetened brands of granola are starting to emerge. Mr. Bellatti, the dietitian, said he often recommends Mamma Chia’s Vanilla Almond granola, which has about 10 grams of sugar per cup. Read more…
I bring these bite-size energy balls with me when I’m on the go, and they take just minutes to whip up! They’re made with Mamma Chia Organic Chia Seeds, which provide a satiating mix of protein, fiber, and healthy fat. Read more…
Suspended chia seeds are kind of an amazing drink, especially when they’re suspended in fruit juice or green juice. You can totally make it at home or buy it. Of late, I’ve been pretty obsessed with the new Mamma Chia’s Organic Chia & Greens… Read more…
We love sharing our chia seed recipes with you and wanted to change things up! We reached out to some of our most influential and inspiring brand ambassadors and asked them: “How do you use chia?” We were so delighted by their creativity, we just had to share this round-up of why they love the Magic of Chia®. Check out how they incorporate these tiny powerhouses into their daily lives, and hopefully you will get some recipe inspiration for your own chia seed creations!
- Amie Valpone | The Healthy Apple
2. Andrea | Earthy Andy
- (2) 8 oz. package of pitted dates
- 1 cup coconut sugar or 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp of water (*only add this if using coconut sugar and not maple syrup)
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil (optional)
- 3 Tbsp Mamma Chia Organic Chia Seeds
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1-1 1/2 cups mulberries (or Rice Krispies/oats)
- 1/4 cup organic coconut shreds
- Chop dates until sticky. In a large flat pan mix in water, coconut oil and coconut sugar. Cook on medium to low heat stirring consistently until you reach a paste-like consistency. (This will roughly take about 10 minutes or until you see little bubbles).
- Add vanilla while letting it cool down to touch.
- Mix in chia seeds, coconut, and mulberries (or Rice Krispies).
- Once combined, roll into balls and transfer to a plate with coconut shreds and roll again.
- Store in an air tight container and in the refrigerator.
3. Monette Moio | Sweet Eats
4. Ashley & Brittany | Twins Kitchen
- 1/4 cup Mamma Chia Organic Chia Seeds
- 1 cup almond or any nut milk
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp matcha powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Coconut flakes
- 1/2 banana
Chocolate Avocado Mousse:
- 1 ripe avocado
- Less than 1/4 almond milk
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 4 Tbsp maple syrup
- Whisk chia pudding ingredients together and chill in fridge for 2-3 hours.
- Add avocado mousse ingredients into a food processor and blend until smooth. Chill in the refrigerator until the chia pudding is ready.
- Once chia seeds have created a pudding like consistency begin to layer the pudding into a glass with coconut, bananas, fresh fruit, and top with the chilled avocado mousse you prepared earlier for a nutritious and decadent treat!
- Store any remaining leftovers in an air tight container and place in the refrigerator for later.
- Dig in and enjoy!
Now it’s your turn! How do YOU use chia? We’d love to know! Send us a note at email@example.com and you might just be featured in our next blog post!
Pumpkin spice and everything nice! You bet we are indulging in pumpkin now that fall is here. This spin on pumpkin flavored goodness is a tasty way to blend summer indulgences with the flavors of the season. Trick-or-treat chia-self and whip up a batch of this vegan-friendly ice cream featuring everyone’s favorite fall flavor!
*Ice cream maker is needed to create recipe.
- 2 cups full fat coconut milk (or any other dairy-free alternative)
- 1 1/2 cups organic pumpkin puree
- 1 cup organic coconut sugar
- 1/2 tsp organic ground ginger
- 1 tsp organic cinnamon
- 1 tsp. organic vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- Mamma Chia Cinnamon Pecan Chia Granola Clusters (garnish)
*Ice cream maker is needed to create recipe
- First add coconut milk and pumpkin puree in a medium size bowl. Stir ingredients together.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the bowl, except the granola.
- Transfer mixture into your ice cream maker.
- Let ice cream churn for 15-20 minutes or follow the manufacturers instructions that were included with your ice cream maker.
- Serve in a small bowl or cone and garnish with Mamma Chia Cinnamon Pecan Chia Granola Clusters.
- Transfer remaining ice cream into a freezer safe container and store in freezer.
HAPPY NATIONAL COFFEE DAY!
We like you a latte…so much, that we wanted to share this chia x coffee overnight oats recipe so you can get your fix all in one cup, making it the perfect blend! This brew-tiful two-for-one will not only keep you satisfied until lunch, but will also give you that necessary early morning buzz to get your day started. Change up your regular cup of joe this week and espress-yo love for chia seeds and coffee with this delightful vegan breakfast treat!
- 1/2 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 Tbsp Mamma Chia Organic Chia Seeds
- 1 tsp organic brown sugar
- 1/2 cup organic almond milk
- 1/4 cup Chameleon Cold Brew Black Coffee
- 1 tsp organic vanilla extract
- 1 bag of Mamma Chia Vanilla Almond Granola Clusters
- 2-3 pieces of organic dark chocolate (optional)
- Combine all the ingredients (except the chocolate and granola) into a medium sized bowl and mix together.
- Cover the bowl and place in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours or let it sit overnight.
- Remove from refrigerator when ready to eat. Served cold.
- Garnish with granola clusters and crumbled dark chocolate.