Upcycling can be so fun, it’s spooky! 👻 We're loving these easy-to-make monstrous Mummy Chia party favors made from empty…
Tart Cherry Chia Mimosa
Kick off 2016 with vitality, energy and strength! This Tart Cherry Chia Mimosa, found in Janie Hoffman’s The Chia Cookbook, is a delightfully tasty way to ring in the New Year with protein, fiber and Omega-3’s to boot!
- 6 oz. (3/4 cup) organic, 100% tart cherry juice
- 1 oz. (2 Tbsp.) St. Germain
- 1 oz. (2 Tbsp.) seltzer water or club soda
- 2 Tbsp. black or white Mamma Chia organic chia seeds
- 8 oz. (1 cup) Champagne or sparkling white wine, well chilled
- In a large liquid measuring cup, whisk together the tart cherry juice, St. Germain, seltzer, and chia seeds and let stand for about 20 minutes.
- Chill well, then whisk again before using (makes about 1 cup cherry-chia gel).
- Pour the chilled cherry-chia gel into champagne flutes. Top with Champagne or sparkling white wine and gently stir.
- Serve immediately along with a cocktail stirrer to evenly distribute chia as it’s being enjoyed.
- Serve in your best glassware and remember to stir before serving.
- Serves 4. Enjoy!